On 10/4/2021 at 3:11 AM, jbezorg said:

Seems to be conflicting with Sexlab Aroused Redux and SexLab Seperate Orgasm. The former won't load with Unforgiving Devices loaded.

I don't use seperate orgasm so its possible. I will give it a look.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:58 AM, HeckinBestBork said:

In the Cursed Loot patch, the "Simple Wrist Bindings" from the "Learning the Ropes" quest are labelled as "Generic" when they should be "Hand Restraint." This results in them being inescapable since they are heavy bondage but not labelled as a hand restraint. The quest requires you to struggle out of them to progress.

Will give it a look. Probably the device have normal script or it lacks keyword for hand restraint.

Love the mode so far and I am having a great time with it, I have seen one problem thought. I really enjoy the Abadon Plug quest but when I get the the part we're it equips the Cursed Abadon Straightjacket it makes my character completely invisible. This isn't happening with any other Devious Device and everything else is working fine I just cant get the specific Cursed Abadon Straightjacket to show. If anyone knows a fix or maybe I'm just being dumb it would be very helpful because I really am enjoying this mod so far.

9 hours ago, anonymousiguess said:

Love the concept so far!

Quick question: could I get a character preset on the 4th picture? Or the mods used to create that character?

Someone already asked something similiar in pm so i will just copy it here

HP = Hight poly head

tat = tatoos are used

Maybe i forget something so try it and you will see

6 hours ago, ThiccGLue said:

Love the mode so far and I am having a great time with it, I have seen one problem thought. I really enjoy the Abadon Plug quest but when I get the the part we're it equips the Cursed Abadon Straightjacket it makes my character completely invisible. This isn't happening with any other Devious Device and everything else is working fine I just cant get the specific Cursed Abadon Straightjacket to show. If anyone knows a fix or maybe I'm just being dumb it would be very helpful because I really am enjoying this mod so far.

Hopefully fixed

Thanks for the update, waited it for long! Encountered a really major bug whether devices that you pick up from corpses are equipped on you, and if you are trying to store them on corpse they are also getting equipped on them. I am playing with DCL option that randomizes appearance of devices throughout Skyrim, containers and bodies, and make a profit from gathering those, so it is a blocker for me that mod behaves like that, sadly ?

2 hours ago, BreadDain said:

Thanks for the update, waited it for long! Encountered a really major bug whether devices that you pick up from corpses are equipped on you, and if you are trying to store them on corpse they are also getting equipped on them. I am playing with DCL option that randomizes appearance of devices throughout Skyrim, containers and bodies, and make a profit from gathering those, so it is a blocker for me that mod behaves like that, sadly ?

Found the issue. I didnt take in account dead actors because for whatever reason I throught that once the actor dies they became object references. Added 2 lines to check if actors are dead and its working.

Cutting minigame has no effect on device, also has a noticable key response delay.

Suggestion/Request: MCM option for Abadon Curse quest variables re-assignment, so it is possible to update midplay. Would be also a nice option to terminate all mod's scripts and functions. Getting some bugs which I am not really able to report without starting a new game, such as Abadon Quest not being able to finish, save-baked game softlock after struggling out from one of devices and etc, but the only valid explanation can be a dirty save.

Edited by BreadDain

Hi, I'm loving the mod so far xx

I've had an idea about how this mod could work with a feature from DFC (Devious Followers Continued). If you could use a soft dependency for DFC and read the PC willpower stat, whenever a sentient device whispers to the PC to give up or stop resisting, if her willpower is low she may just give up, possibly a chance based on how much willpower she has, and block the player from trying to escape again for a time or until the PC willpower is higher.

I have no idea if that is possible or how soft dependencies work but I think it sounds interesting and thought you could look in to it in the future.

xx

Edited by NikkiW

Heya. I've been messing around with this mod, really like the ideas and how the suggestions have been added to this nicely, keep at it! It has some really cool potential and I can't wait to see this mod get finished. I'm having an issue though, I can't seem to get the Abadon plug to equip things on my character and work 100% as intended.

It's Skyrim LE. I have just the mods required for UD and its requirements to work, using mod organizer and tested it over a bunch of fresh saves. I'll add a screencap of the mod order in case. The plug works with its vibrations, shocks and messages and such. But again, it doesn't equip anything. The other Abadon items work when I add them to my character manually though.

I did notice (no idea if its a bug or not) that when I spawn in the key through additem menu and unlock the plug, it immediately locks itself again and just gives some abadon components as well as gold. I assume the character has to struggle out of it instead?

If you can tell me how to get the papyrus log from my game, I'll happily send it to you. Sadly I don't know too much when it comes to skyrim modding.

cap.PNG

46 minutes ago, Dreamfang said:

Heya. I've been messing around with this mod, really like the ideas and how the suggestions have been added to this nicely, keep at it! It has some really cool potential and I can't wait to see this mod get finished. I'm having an issue though, I can't seem to get the Abadon plug to equip things on my character and work 100% as intended.

It's Skyrim LE. I have just the mods required for UD and its requirements to work, using mod organizer and tested it over a bunch of fresh saves. I'll add a screencap of the mod order in case. The plug works with its vibrations, shocks and messages and such. But again, it doesn't equip anything. The other Abadon items work when I add them to my character manually though.

I did notice (no idea if its a bug or not) that when I spawn in the key through additem menu and unlock the plug, it immediately locks itself again and just gives some abadon components as well as gold. I assume the character has to struggle out of it instead?

If you can tell me how to get the papyrus log from my game, I'll happily send it to you. Sadly I don't know too much when it comes to skyrim modding.

cap.PNG

UD patch plugin should be enabled and go below Devious Devices BRRF.

13 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

UD patch plugin should be enabled and go below Devious Devices BRRF.

I tried the UD patch like that, it did not affect anything on or off, same with the BRRF patch. And the BRRF patch was a mistake install, since I don't have any mods for the animal races.

18 minutes ago, Dreamfang said:

I tried the UD patch like that, it did not affect anything on or off, same with the BRRF patch. And the BRRF patch was a mistake install, since I don't have any mods for the animal races.

UD patch must be enabled and overwrite any other plugin to make mod work, also proper options should be selected during installation. If you have it disabled, mod won't work.

Edited by BreadDain
10 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

UD patch must be enabled and overwrite any other plugin to make mod work, also proper options should be selected during installation. If you have it disabled, mod won't work.

Reinstalled without the BRRF patch, put it and the UD patch at the bottom above the UD mod, same issue. I let the character struggle until the plug said a chastity belt was equipped, but nothing was there (fresh save again)

49 minutes ago, Dreamfang said:

Reinstalled without the BRRF patch, put it and the UD patch at the bottom above the UD mod, same issue. I let the character struggle until the plug said a chastity belt was equipped, but nothing was there (fresh save again)

Are you using DD 5.1 btw?

3 hours ago, Dreamfang said:

Yep yep. Even reinstalled it to be sure.

True that plug gets re-equipped, but only visible, just click it and it will go. It doesn't apply script, and that's a bug.
For items not getting equipped when plugged - do you have Equip set option ticked in MCM?

Also, I've started a new save game and 100% positive that current version of UD produces unbelievable script delay (can't even hit critical with High Perfomance mode). Also Abadon Curse quest never finishes. UPD Seems like Cursed Loot causes severe interference, shutting down all its functions makes UD somewhat playable.

Edited by BreadDain
10 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

True that plug gets re-equipped, but only visible, just click it and it will go. It doesn't apply script, and that's a bug.
For items not getting equipped when plugged - do you have Equip set option ticked in MCM?

Also, I've started a new save game and 100% positive that current version of UD produces unbelievable script delay (can't even hit critical with High Perfomance mode). Also Abadon Curse quest never finishes.

Okay that's fair enough, I didn't try tinker with it, just noticed a double unlock made it go away.

Yeah I do. I tried setting it to simple just now and yeah... still nothing.

Interesting... I've waited a while just letting it do its thing and I haven't noticed too much of a delay except in the minigames. That's fine for the quest not to finish, it's not done yet.

Though I did notice when opening up skyrim that despite having 5.1 of DD installed, the popup said its 4.3 or something. I think that might be the issue? I'm looking for another 5.1 to download to check

5 minutes ago, Dreamfang said:

Interesting... I've waited a while just letting it do its thing and I haven't noticed too much of a delay except in the minigames. That's fine for the quest not to finish, it's not done yet.

I was mostly reporting to an author, quest was able to finish on previous versions I think, so... it is unexpected behaviour.

6 minutes ago, Dreamfang said:

Though I did notice when opening up skyrim that despite having 5.1 of DD installed, the popup said its 4.3 or something. I think that might be the issue? I'm looking for another 5.1 to download to check

Should say 5.1, yeah, try again.

And another up on perfomance issues. I've found a workaround from Skyrim's configuration perspective. Following lines put under [Papyrus] section in Skyrim.ini does really great job on increasing perfomance of script-heavy mods. Warning: I bear no responsibility for damage that these settings can cause to your game, there are reports that at best those impact fps, at worst they can cause irreversible damage to your save file.

Spoiler

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableProfiling=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0
fUpdateBudgetMS=20.0
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=20.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

First of all, I like your creation very much,but I have a little doubt.Is the plot of abadon plug up to the first stage? The second stage of the mission says "escape the device before you lose your mind". Is this part not completed yet? I wonder what happens when I lose my mind, but I haven't achieved this goal.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:37 AM, BreadDain said:

Cutting minigame has no effect on device, also has a noticable key response delay.

Suggestion/Request: MCM option for Abadon Curse quest variables re-assignment, so it is possible to update midplay. Would be also a nice option to terminate all mod's scripts and functions. Getting some bugs which I am not really able to report without starting a new game, such as Abadon Quest not being able to finish, save-baked game softlock after struggling out from one of devices and etc, but the only valid explanation can be a dirty save.

Found the issue. Will upload fix soon. Regarding the mod reset option you mentioned, i have no idea how to do it. I can add option which will disable all update functions. The quest should be able to be reset by some cmd command (but no idea which right now). If you insist i can try to add it, but i don't thing this will be very usefull.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:59 PM, Dreamfang said:

Okay that's fair enough, I didn't try tinker with it, just noticed a double unlock made it go away.

Yeah I do. I tried setting it to simple just now and yeah... still nothing.

As @BreadDain said, you have most likely old version of DD. You need DD 5.1 for the mod to work correctly. YOu have MO so you should see mod version next to the mod

Spoiler

snap.png.b55f196c8ac82aee9188086e4a182f2f.png

If you see 5.1 then i would recommend to open the mod folder by right clicking the mod and selecting Open In Explorer. Then go to scripts/Source and find script zadLibs.psc. Open it and find (ctrl+f) line String Function GetVersionString() or float Function GetVersion(). You should have something like this, if not then you have wrong version.

Spoiler

snap.png.b51681691ac54ca87707f82a2db3e112.png

On 10/18/2021 at 12:31 PM, NikkiW said:

Hi, I'm loving the mod so far xx

I've had an idea about how this mod could work with a feature from DFC (Devious Followers Continued). If you could use a soft dependency for DFC and read the PC willpower stat, whenever a sentient device whispers to the PC to give up or stop resisting, if her willpower is low she may just give up, possibly a chance based on how much willpower she has, and block the player from trying to escape again for a time or until the PC willpower is higher.

I have no idea if that is possible or how soft dependencies work but I think it sounds interesting and thought you could look in to it in the future.

xx

Sounds like good idea. Once i make current version more stable i may give it a try. I have been thinking about the sentient concept which was proposed before and i realy liked it. So once i do it i can add the soft dependency for DFC as you said.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:46 PM, BreadDain said:

Also, I've started a new save game and 100% positive that current version of UD produces unbelievable script delay (can't even hit critical with High Perfomance mode). Also Abadon Curse quest never finishes. UPD Seems like Cursed Loot causes severe interference, shutting down all its functions makes UD somewhat playable.

I don't have that much delay but i also have barely any mods installed so that may be the case. There is realy not much i can do. Only things that came to my mind is to module some variables to save some memory but that would make script absolute spaghet hell. In case of performance i can only make some update loops have bigger interval so they update less often.

18 hours ago, blackcat0610 said:

First of all, I like your creation very much,but I have a little doubt.Is the plot of abadon plug up to the first stage? The second stage of the mission says "escape the device before you lose your mind". Is this part not completed yet? I wonder what happens when I lose my mind, but I haven't achieved this goal.

Not completed yet. I'm mostly currently focusing on improving the custom device system. After i reach some more stable point, I will comple the quest (or at least give player alternative way of escaping in case bad ending, like by talking to some special npc etc..).

3 hours ago, ihatemykite said:

Regarding the mod reset option you mentioned, i have no idea how to do it. I can add option which will disable all update functions. The quest should be able to be reset by some cmd command (but no idea which right now). If you insist i can try to add it, but i don't thing this will be very usefull.

Ah, don't bother with it then, would be just a nice addition if it was simple to implement. There is a 'resetquest' command, but I am not sure if it works, last time I tried to repopulate aliases nothing did really work except manual refid assignments.

Like I said, increasing Papyrus budget seems to be working nice, only a few crits can be missed because of delay. Maybe some kind of repeated check for key being pressed inside the time gap could actually negate the issue.

Another problem: some items like Black Leather Armbinder or Black Ebonite Topless Dress Straightjacket (phew!) which have Struggle Arousal rate of 1/s are actually decreasing exposure for some reason. Maths error? Before/After:

Spoiler

762063999_.png.5211e579b41e54afa7c8f9d9c1ec80f4.png

UPD: actually all devices suddenly start to decreasing exposure. My own client issues?

And a note on balance - currently opening any device with a key is just a big letdown, it breaks too often even with low keybreak difficulty, lockpicking is a much better alternative even with 1-lockpick-attempt setting. Maybe restrict keybreak/jamming only to a critical failure, but increase reaching difficulty so critical is required to open it? Or/and add a chance of lock not being jammed after a keybreak?

Some ideas for mod integrations: there are certain text-flavoured events that come with DDi like leather harness contracting during rain or some NPC squeezing inflatable plugs randomly. Maybe it can be integrated with a struggle system? Something like body being covered in water/fluids makes hands/items slicky, making it harder to reach/struggle, and warming them up on sun or near fire contracts some leather parts, which make items heal in some way? Probably bad for condition, but should appear much tighter and harder to escape (lower condition, resistances, but increased struggle AV consumption). Locks after rain can become 'covered in mud', increasing chance for a key to break and jam, and rise lockpicking difficulty. Using magic with plugs could charge them instead of making them vibrate randomly. Mods like Wet Function, SL or SLACS cum layers can probably be integrated like that, if it is possible to fetch values from them.

Edited by BreadDain