[mod] Physical Attributes

On 8/2/2022 at 4:37 PM, joemann said:

I am trying to get a script to work that was inspired by either this mod or Coetus Anima. I have been trying for days. The worst is that it used to work but by trying to improve it I screwed it up ?

Could someone be so kind to look it and if you see anything obviously wrong? There are two files a character_event and a scripted effect.

[...]

The event is supposed to give a child a preference for a specific physical characteristic. For example "likes big tits".

The event fires as should (on-action  childhood_ongoing) The problem is that it doesn't pull in characters so scope:fantasy is always missing. This is not because they don't exist in game. I am testing the file on a save which did generate fantasy characters when the file was still working. Any help much appreciated.

As far as I remember, character scopes are not global.

You need to trigger your event from the place the fantasy list was set, then the scope should remain available.

On 8/4/2022 at 5:37 PM, Hupfer3 said:

Do i get this right: this mods traits do no modifie a chracters body, but the body changes the traits?

Is there a way to reduce/increase aspacts that are normaly given at birth like hight?

Correct. Basically the mod introduces a bunch of inheritable stats for characters, and depending on how high or low the individual stats are they will receive the corresponding perks.

If you enable Debug Mode you should see options to change the stats when you right click a character. After you change a stat the perk will update by itself after a little playtime.

23 hours ago, HD_HD said:

ALL kids are being born with this damn trait.

even if you remove it their appearance won't change

Captura de Tela (74).png

See what I wrote above. All children receive the diminutive trait because they are in fact diminutive. They should receive other traits as they grow up. I'm not sure why the 19 year old in your screenshot did not in fact grow up, maybe there's a mod conflict of some sort if no child ever gets taller.

You can manually change their size via the Debug Menu. (See above)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello;

I am having an issue where every child my character bears (healthy, no negative traits) has sickly. I get the "milk has stopped" event the same day the child is born.  To be clear, this issue only began after I added the Physical Attributes mod, so I'm assuming that the mod has somehow caused this issue.

Is there any way to stop or prevent this?

Edited by hewhocumsbynight
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, nuk1 said:

this mod affects ingame speed?
cuz at least for me it does.

As the game progress, this mod use a lot of RAM like a chronic alcoholic. This is due to the mod must check all characters genes to ensure their physical status reflects their appearance. Also, the mod must calculate characters health related choices or scenarios to re adjust their physical appearances.

Edited by sagimine1

Having a strange issue. Characters I made at the beginning of the game have a 0 value for the butt size trait, but retain the big ass trait. Really frustrating since I have characters with completely flat asses that I cant do anything about since the value seems to be tied to the trait. I've tried the debug menu interaction and even some console commands but I'm definitely out of my depth on this one. Anyone else with a similar issue know a solution for this?

weird traits bug.PNG

On 10/23/2022 at 3:04 AM, Alias2632 said:

Having a strange issue. Characters I made at the beginning of the game have a 0 value for the butt size trait, but retain the big ass trait. Really frustrating since I have characters with completely flat asses that I cant do anything about since the value seems to be tied to the trait. I've tried the debug menu interaction and even some console commands but I'm definitely out of my depth on this one. Anyone else with a similar issue know a solution for this?

weird traits bug.PNG

Through a ton of troubleshooting figured out the issue. In the character creation menu I was being too haphazard with the PA traits. Strangely the game lets you take 2 different conflicting muscle/fat traits. You can combine any fat trait with any muscle trait and the mod does not play nice with that. Definitely a weird bugged interaction. Should consider making them mutually exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 8:17 PM, sagimine1 said:

As the game progress, this mod use a lot of RAM like a chronic alcoholic. This is due to the mod must check all characters genes to ensure their physical status reflects their appearance. Also, the mod must calculate characters health related choices or scenarios to re adjust their physical appearances.

Has this mod always eaten up so many resources, and also made it near impossible (or just incredibly lengthy) to save at the beginning of a run? Been awhile since I've used it and maybe I just never noticed either before, or maybe it was that I wasn't using CBO before but lordy, this mod I feel like is singlehandedly making my game stutter like it has a condition, while also trapping me in an eternal auto save.

On 11/5/2022 at 11:39 PM, XOWX said:

Does anyone know any way to change what the absolute max size is?

Depends on size of what. If you go into the files of CBO in common/genes there should be a "excess genes" .txt. You can change the max size of the Body parts in there (muscles, dick, tits, ass, ....) by changing "max = x.x" to what ever you like.

Edited by Israel.cock
On 10/18/2022 at 3:17 AM, sagimine1 said:

i`m not talking about lags or anything like that. 
i`m talking about Ingame Time. 
days month years. 
this mod affects time progression ingame.
+

another downside is many women are muscular like some sort of body builders.

I am also having issues with 1.7, I narrowed it down to Physical Attributes (1.5.3). When a new game is loaded it immediately freezes the game, when attempting to unpause, the game is unresponsive. After a few attempts the game WILL evenly begin to run however after a few ingame days it begins to use more and more ram until it peaks out at ~23 GB of ram using 99% of my ram. It slowly ramps up in around 5-7 sec. I assume its some sort of memory leak. The game does not crash but it does run like there are 2-3k people in your family (like super large late game families), It takes around 2-4 sec to pass one ingame day. (This effectively makes the game unplayable, eventually it becomes less responsive over time and eventually freezes)

I do get a CTD (Crash to Desktop) on startup when PA (1.5.3) is enabled in the launcher, however it will open and run if clicked enough times. At the moment PA crashes my game on startup if enabled AFTER a successful Launch, New Game, Let it run a few years for testing, then Exit To Desktop. (During the testing phase, with PA 1.5.3 disabled, the game runs as expected without any performance issues. To close the game during the memory leak it takes around 5-7 sec for the game to close)

Let me know if I can help further.

Thank you for making this mod.

Edited by Blade916
On 11/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, nuk1 said:

i`m not talking about lags or anything like that. 
i`m talking about Ingame Time. 
days month years. 
this mod affects time progression ingame.
+

another downside is many women are muscular like some sort of body builders.

The women is more on the traits both from paradox and carnalitas traits as well.

That is what I am referring to as well. As the game used CPU a lot than it should. Some of these mods are not well design to reduce or prevent memory leaks. The game will slows down as I stated previously about the game need to calculate the traits and physical attributes if you are using the mod physical traits mod. It will cause massive slow down.

Heck trying play any of the total overhaul mods and you will see significant slowdown as the years progress in game.

Edited by sagimine1