[mod] Physical Attributes

20 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

It does increase muscle values. What I'm guessing is that you are adding traits via the console? Muscles work like fat does, or at least they are supposed to. Adding a trait will make the person tend toward a certain muscle value over the course of several years. I want to eventually add more variable and events and stuff so that a character's muscle value are linked to their lifestyle and more dynamic as they are more active or more sedentary, so this is a framework for that.

I uses the character creator to create that character. When I added the blademaster and hunter traits the char immediately becomes swole but I guess they're different because they're lifestyle traits?

5 hours ago, beriasims said:

I uses the character creator to create that character. When I added the blademaster and hunter traits the char immediately becomes swole but I guess they're different because they're lifestyle traits?

Oh, lol was confused for a second but now I get it. The way they look in the character creator is still connected to prowess, but once the game starts its connected to the muscle variable system. This is because I can't seed the variables while in the character creator. Herculean doesn't add prowess anymore (because it adds the most muscle of any trait) so it no longer adds prowess and will appear to not add prowess in the character creator.

Absolutely love the concept of your mod! Didnt play it yet, but does it also work for other congenital traits? Like does beauty scale with the character portrait beauty? Maybe there could be a symmetry modifier that scales with it? Or Bust size lol. 

On 5/10/2021 at 6:25 AM, karlsonf said:

Absolutely love the concept of your mod! Didnt play it yet, but does it also work for other congenital traits? Like does beauty scale with the character portrait beauty? Maybe there could be a symmetry modifier that scales with it? Or Bust size lol. 

No it doesn't take anything from the face into account. A symmetry modifier is actually a great idea. Mostly the beauty trait is just a different diffuse in the base game I think. I might look into that though, generally I have avoided any messing with the heads there is just so much more that goes into it that I'm worried about messing things up. Plus facial beauty is just so subjective but symmetry is at least an objective thing you can point to that is associated with beauty.

Any idea why editing muscle_value would not do anything?

I'm trying to edit the max value: if I edit at the bottom of the file the max and let say put 10 instead of 100. Start a new game if just Carnalitas, char_body_overhaul, physical_attributes in taht order. I create a new character with the designer, set the prowess to 50, and the character show as the maximum was never modified. If I use @ieraceu solution and use his muscularity.txt it work.

18 minutes ago, 212.vanya.anderson said:

Any idea why editing muscle_value would not do anything?

I'm trying to edit the max value: if I edit at the bottom of the file the max and let say put 10 instead of 100. Start a new game if just Carnalitas, char_body_overhaul, physical_attributes in taht order. I create a new character with the designer, set the prowess to 50, and the character show as the maximum was never modified. If I use @ieraceu solution and use his muscularity.txt it work.

Yes, it's because muscle value and all the variables and values in this mod in general don't work with character creation. As far as I know there's no way to set the variables necessary in the character creation screen and there its still tied to prowess. The max value will take effect once you start the game. In general with this mod and the character creation screen what you are seeing in character creation isn't what you will see in game (at least not in terms or butt size, penis size, breast size, height, and muscle size. However, once you start the game and the variables have been seeded (takes between a couple in game days to a year) you can edit all these things (including the genes) via a debug interaction.

The muscularity file will change the way the character looks instead of the variable so it will work in the character creation screen. But it will also mean there might be a disconnect between the muscle modifiers/bodyweight calculations and what you are actually seeing in game.

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

Yes, it's because muscle value and all the variables and values in this mod in general don't work with character creation. As far as I know there's no way to set the variables necessary in the character creation screen and there its still tied to prowess. The max value will take effect once you start the game. In general with this mod and the character creation screen what you are seeing in character creation isn't what you will see in game (at least not in terms or butt size, penis size, breast size, height, and muscle size. However, once you start the game and the variables have been seeded (takes between a couple in game days to a year) you can edit all these things (including the genes) via a debug interaction.

The muscularity file will change the way the character looks instead of the variable so it will work in the character creation screen. But it will also mean there might be a disconnect between the muscle modifiers/bodyweight calculations and what you are actually seeing in game.

Thank you :D During my tests I never unpaused the game and so I've never triggered the seed, work perfectly now!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 4:46 AM, 212.vanya.anderson said:

Possible to edit the values of height, weight, breast and penis size? In savegame gamestate alive_data.variables maybe?

Idk about save file editing but it is in the alive data so probably? I put debug interactions in that allow you to edit all those variables though.

On 5/13/2021 at 10:22 PM, larsdemidov said:

Also what is the 2nd number on the penis size indicates? i.e. 7" / 49 (What is the 49?)

The second number is the actual number used by the game the inches etc. are just for flavor.

• 1 month later...

This is such a must have mod, I can't believe the base game isn't this way already.

I seem to be having a problem understanding those measurements. What are the numbers after the slashes? It's especially confusing with breast sizes, because you seem to be using the US type of measurement? You said that those are values used by the game, but I am seeing sizes like 19cm / 55 and 19cm / 20. How does that make any sense? Which numbers do I actually look for? Same for breasts. They also need some tweaking. There are too many outliers with penises from 5 to 30 or something centimetres.

Do I need Carnalitas for this?

P.S. It seems that I don't and the mod might not even be perfectly compatible when the Carnalitas traits are enabled (I find them pretty dumb, tbh, like small breasts are by default considered negative, but I personally like an athletic body with smaller breasts much more that those mainstream type big-breast abominations).

P.P.S. Also, poor Duke of Bavaria. Is that even possible?

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by yoyoman69
3 hours ago, yoyoman69 said:

This is such a must have mod, I can't believe the base game isn't this way already.

I seem to be having a problem understanding those measurements. What are the numbers after the slashes? It's especially confusing with breast sizes, because you seem to be using the US type of measurement? You said that those are values used by the game, but I am seeing sizes like 19cm / 55 and 19cm / 20. How does that make any sense? Which numbers do I actually look for? Same for breasts. They also need some tweaking. There are too many outliers with penises from 5 to 30 or something centimetres.

P.S. It seems that I don't and the mod might not even be perfectly compatible when the Carnalitas traits are enabled (I find them pretty dumb, tbh, like small breasts are by default considered negative, but I personally like an athletic body with smaller breasts much more that those mainstream type big-breast abominations).

Screenshot (1).png

Your answer is one post above yours where Mange answered someone else with the exact same question.

6 minutes ago, yoyoman69 said:

Read the question again. I saw that answer and specifically indicated it

I did read your question. You misunderstood what Mange wrote. The value after the slash is the default game engine values. I believe they go from 0-100, but I don't have CK3 installed since the current machine I'm on won't run on it. The lower the value for measurements means that it's smaller and the rendering engine will render the size appropriately.  

No, you don't need Carnalitis for this mod as far as I know.

3 hours ago, yoyoman69 said:

Screenshot (1).png

Yeah its not compatible with the Carnalitas traits. My Coetus Anima is a first attempt to make what a person finds attractive subjective. But its admittedly messy, I haven't updated it in so long because I'm kind of struggling to tweak it.

Since I don't use metric measurements its not impossible that there is some conversion issue that I didn't notice. But the breast measurements don't have a metric equivalent, there are seven different systems internationally and so I'm not figuring that out. Its also not as easy to measure so its mostly based on my own estimates, and you can't isolate breast size from height, weight, age, etc. So its mostly an estimate for fun. 

The numbers are based on the measurements I took in the modeling software (its much easier to isolate and measure). But Penis sizes are actually one of the few things we have scientific data on (because penis anxiety is an issue a lot of guys have), 90% of guys are between 10 cm (4 inches) and 16 cm (6.3 inches) but yeah some guys are as small as 5 cm (2 inches) which is the minimum here. Which is smaller than I thought it would be, I suspect most guys add two inches to the size they tell themselves haha. The larger size is more unrealistic I actually fudge the numbers a bit, I measured it out at a little over 11 inches (28 cm) iirc but having a 12 inch penis is like a thing people talk about, so I decided to include up to 12 which is equal to the 30 cm size you see. People with 12 inch dicks exist, its just so rare that it was way above the data in that study I mentioned.

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

Yeah its not compatible with the Carnalitas traits. My Coetus Anima is a first attempt to make what a person finds attractive subjective. But its admittedly messy, I haven't updated it in so long because I'm kind of struggling to tweak it.

Since I don't use metric measurements its not impossible that there is some conversion issue that I didn't notice. But the breast measurements don't have a metric equivalent, there are seven different systems internationally and so I'm not figuring that out. Its also not as easy to measure so its mostly based on my own estimates, and you can't isolate breast size from height, weight, age, etc. So its mostly an estimate for fun. 

The numbers are based on the measurements I took in the modeling software (its much easier to isolate and measure). But Penis sizes are actually one of the few things we have scientific data on (because penis anxiety is an issue a lot of guys have), 90% of guys are between 10 cm (4 inches) and 16 cm (6.3 inches) but yeah some guys are as small as 5 cm (2 inches) which is the minimum here. Which is smaller than I thought it would be, I suspect most guys add two inches to the size they tell themselves haha. The larger size is more unrealistic I actually fudge the numbers a bit, I measured it out at a little over 11 inches (28 cm) iirc but having a 12 inch penis is like a thing people talk about, so I decided to include up to 12 which is equal to the 30 cm size you see. People with 12 inch dicks exist, its just so rare that it was way above the data in that study I mentioned.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, 90% of people fall under 10-16, but the mod seems to like outliers much more than real life. This is what I meant. Also, the guy that answered still doesn't get it. There are values like 19cm / 50 and 19cm / 20, which shouldn't be the case. If the first are just there "for fun", they should be based on the those default values, no? How come 19 cm is everything between 20 and 50? Or it might've been a bug. With breasts I meant that I'd never seen those measurements before, but then I googled the difference between European and American types... and it's a mess. I guess I'd just look at the numbers after the slashes.

Anyways, it's a great mod. Makes the game a lot more realistic

35 minutes ago, yoyoman69 said:

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, 90% of people fall under 10-16, but the mod seems to like outliers much more than real life. This is what I meant. Also, the guy that answered still doesn't get it. There are values like 19cm / 50 and 19cm / 20, which shouldn't be the case. If the first are just there "for fun", they should be based on the those default values, no? How come 19 cm is everything between 20 and 50? Or it might've been a bug. With breasts I meant that I'd never seen those measurements before, but then I googled the difference between European and American types... and it's a mess. I guess I'd just look at the numbers after the slashes.

I got it just fine. I'm an old modder of CK2 and understand how Pdox does their systems. I'm also a modder for CK3. My mod is Beauty Portraits Fix where I messed with the genetics directly to turn off the effects of the beauty traits morph. What I said was true on what the numbers are. I was trying to be helpful to you in answering your question. Being a jerk to me is not helpful for all involved.

The numbers after the slash are how the engine knows how to render specific traits and/or body parts. The defaults are rather large in their gaps with very little in the way of gradients. If you don't believe me then open up your genetics files in your CK3 install and see for yourself. I presume this is why @Mange2020 has the spread set like it is. Just because you don't like the information presented does not mean that the person answering you doesn't have a clue on what you asked about. I do.

Have a good day.

Edited by SamIAmHam
Spoiler
2 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

mange I really like what you did with coetus anima, it was a much more fleshed out mod compared to my carnalities preference trait mod.

im really hoping you would share your mods again if you do update both anima and this mod.

one thing i would really really like to see would be a simple xml file that users can edit that defines the range/distribution of the physical attributes (for racial height maybe it’s a value addition rather than absolute value) and also the weightage (even better if we can define the distribution of weightage to reflect how much of the pop is a boob/butt guy or cock size queen) and general default distribution preference for specific physical sizes

im happy to help with the scripting if there is a GitHub or something to contribute to. I’m not a coder by profession but got some amateur experience with the few mods I made here.

14 hours ago, yoyoman69 said:

Yeah that sounds like a glitch. I checked the metric conversions but I'm not sure why you are seeing this. The left number is actually a function of the right number. 

actual_penis_size_metric = {
        value = actual_penis_size
        divide = 10
        multiply = 2.54
        add = 5.08
    }

Also the distribution is mostly random, in order to make it so the values can be referenced they have to be variables so I can't use distributions in the ethnicity file. Every character is given two variables one is picked at random from each parent. The character's physical appearance is then a random value between the two gene variables they are given. When new genes need to be seeded (new characters without parents) they are given a random number between two values defined in physical_attributes\common\script_values\default physical values. There are two seeding values for each attribute which determine half the genes. In order to try to make average sizes more common I set it so that half of the genes that are seeded are restricted to 10-50 (basically the 90% interval in that study), and half can have any value from 0 to 100. I avoid more complex formulas to save performance, but you can try to mess with these numbers if you want. I defined the values in this file to make them easier to customize.