[mod] Physical Attributes

On 3/9/2022 at 7:09 AM, Mange2020 said:

If you just send me a zip with all the English files in the localization folder except with the words translated, I can include it in the next update

Hi I have found the way to edit the localization file, now I've finished the translation and starting to check the accuracy.

One problem is that I don't know how to trigger the "body modification" event.

Can you show me how? It will be very helpful. Thank you.

7 hours ago, ohya3838 said:

Hi I have found the way to edit the localization file, now I've finished the translation and starting to check the accuracy.

They are debug events there are mods on steam/paradox that let you easily turn on and off debug mode in game. Without a mod you have to launch the game in debug mode, to do so just open the paradox launcher and go to game settings on the menu on the left of the screen. Open in debug mode should be at the bottom of game settings. In game you just have to right click on any character the events are triggered through character interactions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 3:57 PM, cavaleirojustica said:

I just saw you made localization up to zz cup and a "why" cup... but seemly there is no way to trigger it in-game since it clamps the calculation to "actual breast size" 100?

Lol yeah. Although it's not quite true that breast size is caped at 100. the variable is capped at 100 but fat increases breast size too. So at max fat and breast size it would be at 150. I plan on making breast size increase with pregnancy too, which will push the absolute max a little higher than that. I push the customizable localization higher than could ever be triggered on purpose so that increasing it just requires adding to the actual_breast_size script value.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, trdrg said:

I switched Small breast desirability to Positive, but the game sees small tits trait as negative. Why?

Because I didn't want to have to account for twice as many traits when coding. The traits aren't positive or negative though. The only difference is red background vs. green background. I tried having both green, but it's easier to tell the trait at a glance if they are different colors.

On 3/11/2022 at 11:50 AM, ohya3838 said:

Body modification event?

On 7/17/2021 at 1:49 PM, Mange2020 said:

Yeah that sounds like a glitch. I checked the metric conversions but I'm not sure why you are seeing this. The left number is actually a function of the right number. 

actual_penis_size_metric = {
        value = actual_penis_size
        divide = 10
        multiply = 2.54
        add = 5.08
    }

Also the distribution is mostly random, in order to make it so the values can be referenced they have to be variables so I can't use distributions in the ethnicity file. ...

Just a genetics comment.... The fact that you have a penis at all comes from your father. But just like baldness, the size and shape of it mostly comes from your mother. While dad decides if you’ll be sporting a penis or vagina, what you get from your maternal side has a say in how those genitalia will turn out. 95% of guys grow up to have an average-size penis—which, according to the BJUI International, is about 9cm when flaccid, and about 13cm erect (3.6" and 5.2" respectively). Penis size doesn’t have much to do with size of hands and feet, or even race (a popular misconception).  So, when it comes to determining penis size, the only things you can truthfully use are height and overall proportion. Trying to work in "ethnicity" is NOT genetically factual. I will work up some mod coding suggestions off-line.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:50 AM, bliadi2 said:

this conflicts with the Princes of Darkness mod at the moment. vampires physically age like normal instead of being immortal. is there any way I could get around this?

Yeah, I'm seeing the same with the Immortality Improved Mod from the workshop. Characters with the Immortal Trait visually age like normal and the "Choose age" decision from the Immortality mod does nothing. The "Set visual age" Interaction from this mod claims my visual age is 25, despite that clearly not being the case, and adding or substracting years does nothing. If I remove the Immortal trait from the char the "Set visual age" interaction works again and correctly displays visual age and changes it. However if I re-add the Immortal trait the character will revert to normal visual age on January 1, so I guess some yearly check is interfering somewhere. 

13 hours ago, dgmill43 said:

Just a genetics comment.... The fact that you have a penis at all comes from your father. But just like baldness, the size and shape of it mostly comes from your mother. While dad decides if you’ll be sporting a penis or vagina, what you get from your maternal side has a say in how those genitalia will turn out. 95% of guys grow up to have an average-size penis—which, according to the BJUI International, is about 9cm when flaccid, and about 13cm erect (3.6" and 5.2" respectively). Penis size doesn’t have much to do with size of hands and feet, or even race (a popular misconception).  So, when it comes to determining penis size, the only things you can truthfully use are height and overall proportion. Trying to work in "ethnicity" is NOT genetically factual. I will work up some mod coding suggestions off-line.

So this comment is from a while ago, but when I was referencing ethnicity I was referencing the ethnicity file, which controls gene distribution in the base game. Personally I'm not going to make any distinction by ethnicity in how genes are seeded, but when making a gene you need to add it to the ethnicity_template file which controls all characters. I know it varies by country but there's too much risk of harmful stereotypes.

Also the information here is out of date the distribution is no longer random. I don't know the specific locations within the human genome that determines any specific body part having both parents be equally responsible is just a way of doing it that matches most people's expectations and isn't performance intensive. My knowledge is basically that most things are way too multivariate to model without slowing down the game too much.

Right now gene distributions can be found in physical_attributes\common\scripted_effects\gene_default_distributions.txt so feel free to play around with it. Penis sizes are actually one of the few things where there is reasonable scientific research because penile anxiety is a thing. I tried to make 5 inches the median. In real life the 95% confident interval is like 4 inches to 7 inches which encompasses the average you were talking about. I measured the max penis size at a little over 11 inches. I rounded up to 12 so the reported number in game is a little bigger than the size you see. It's mostly that 12 is a better max number than 11. And since most guys lie about their penis size (or measure wrong) it kind of fits lol. Self reported sizes come in at one

6 hours ago, Lumpur said:

Yeah, I'm seeing the same with the Immortality Improved Mod from the workshop. Characters with the Immortal Trait visually age like normal and the "Choose age" decision from the Immortality mod does nothing. The "Set visual age" Interaction from this mod claims my visual age is 25, despite that clearly not being the case, and adding or substracting years does nothing. If I remove the Immortal trait from the char the "Set visual age" interaction works again and correctly displays visual age and changes it. However if I re-add the Immortal trait the character will revert to normal visual age on January 1, so I guess some yearly check is interfering somewhere. 

There are checks every year that I use but it shouldn't be January 1, it'll be the character's birthday (I do this so the game doesn't lag on January 1). I replaced the base game's aging gene entirely so that I can turn visual age into an easily referenceable value. The new gene is referenced is controlled via a variable I call "visual_age". I added it because I can reference it with less math, saving performance. As of what I uploaded yesterday, it should set visual_age to permanently 0 if is_immortal = yes. I have no idea why it's not working for you, I've heard people saying it's working and other people saying its not. So I suspect a mod conflict.

On 5/30/2022 at 11:10 PM, treevo said:

The older a woman gets, the smaller she gets, getting the size of a child, is that normal? sorry for my english

she is 58 years old

image.png.bce31b1a4a61719ffb486b77b10da3a9.png

fdg.png

No this isn't normal. I had a bunch of people play with this update before releasing it here, but I both have never seen this and can't imagine how a mod conflict causes this. But it has to be a mod conflict. Perhaps another mod happens to use a variable that's named the same as mine.

Edit: Are you using daughters of lust? I think I found the conflict, and will have to write a fix in the update

Edited by Mange2020
On 5/30/2022 at 9:22 AM, Israel.cock said:

One day into the game my characters muscularity resets to default no matter what traits i choose and 10 years in it hasnt changed. The Measurements dont show up either.

Screenshot (845).png

You are using a different mod that edits the character window and it is overwriting mine. IDK what's up with the muscular trait. And to be clear prowess to does not cause a character to be muscular with this mod. It's not necessarily being "reset" it's a different way of doing it. But if it says your muscle value is 90 the character should be very muscular.

Ever since I installed this mod, I have to ask. How do I edit the character's body using the Portrait Editor in the debug mode while using Cheat Engine? It's not working anymore with this mod together. Nothing is changing even after waiting in-game years. How do I decrease the belly size of a character? Because that is what I want specifically. It's huge, even though they are not pregnant.

Edit: It's the waist slider for the belly. But still, nothing is changing when I play with this mod. I don't get it.

Edited by tomblack123