[mod] Physical Attributes

12 hours ago, luffyboy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

mange I really like what you did with coetus anima, it was a much more fleshed out mod compared to my carnalities preference trait mod.

im really hoping you would share your mods again if you do update both anima and this mod.

one thing i would really really like to see would be a simple xml file that users can edit that defines the range/distribution of the physical attributes (for racial height maybe it’s a value addition rather than absolute value) and also the weightage (even better if we can define the distribution of weightage to reflect how much of the pop is a boob/butt guy or cock size queen) and general default distribution preference for specific physical sizes

im happy to help with the scripting if there is a GitHub or something to contribute to. I’m not a coder by profession but got some amateur experience with the few mods I made here.

That would be great! I basically never have the time to do all the stuff I have planned out, and having other people add their own ideas to add depth would be awesome. I've never actually modded before I made these, so I'll need to look into how I would set that up. 

5 minutes ago, yoyoman69 said:

Yeah, I changed it right away, the last numbers were missing for some reason

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2228216852 is the link, it lets you change the names of children of your dynasty

I just wanted to let you know so you could change it. :)

Oh I almost forgot, but you should try Irony Mod Manager. It works with Stellaris, CK3, HO4, and IR. It can help you find incompatibilities in mods then make a patch for them.

Edited by SamIAmHam
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 10:18 AM, Tyrgalon said:

@Mange2020
Is the new update compatible with old saves?
Wondering due to the changes to extreme values etc.

Yeah it’s compatible with old saves. The changes in extreme values have to do with setting the size values at birth. So you won’t start seeing changes in how characters in any given game look for about 20 years.

1 hour ago, tarasxbulba said:

im kinda new to modding so sorry if the answer is obvious but is there a way to make this compatible with Character Body Overhaul ?

It’s not only compatible, it’s required lol. I made this, character body overhaul, and coetus anima. So they are designed to be used together

On 8/11/2021 at 6:58 AM, fianlwish8 said:

hello, this new version is not compatible with immortality. The characters are getting older and the looks are getting older. Any solution to this problem?

So I guess the good news is my attempt to make aging more modifiable worked. I'm working on making it compatible with immortality. You would just want an immortal character to be forever young, right?

@Mange2020 Still testing, but... genetics doesn't work. Absolutely.

Each:
"exists = scope:mother",
"exists = scope:real_father",
"exists = scope:father", etc.
in functions:
"on_breast_variable"
"on_butt_variable"
"on_penis_variable"
"on_height_variable"
in file: "add_physical_trait_on_actions.txt"
never returns a "true" value.
Each character always receive a random genetics value.

Needs to be changed to:
"exists = this.mother"
"exists = this.real_father"
"exists = this.father"

Updated:
Each "scope:" needs to be changed to "this.".

Edited by ossram
Updated
4 hours ago, ossram said:

@Mange2020 Still testing, but... genetics doesn't work. Absolutely.

Each:
"exists = scope:mother",
"exists = scope:real_father",
"exists = scope:father", etc.
in functions:
"on_breast_variable"
"on_butt_variable"
"on_penis_variable"
"on_height_variable"
in file: "add_physical_trait_on_actions.txt"
never returns a "true" value.
Each character always receive a random genetics value.

Needs to be changed to:
"exists = this.mother"
"exists = this.real_father"
"exists = this.father"

Updated:
Each "scope:" needs to be changed to "this.".

So this would normally be correct, but I trigger the on_action with on_birth_child and as mentioned in the notes in the game file

# called for the newborn child
# scope:child is the new born character
# scope:mother is the pregnant mother
# scope:father is the family father (not the biological)
# scope:real_father is the biological father
# scope:is_bastard, true if a known bastard

The scopes are saved throughout the on_action chain. So these scopes are pre set up. This is true as long as the child is actually born. For characters that aren't born, yes it is randomized, within certain constraints to try to create a good distribution.

That said it's a bit difficult to test because I wanted some randomness, since genetics aren't absolute. So people with certain genetics will tend to have children with certain traits. But within my testing its definitely passed on. One of the easiest ways to test it is to make a family super inbred. Eventually they have only one gene value in the family.

Edited by Mange2020
5 hours ago, kavvanshrike said:

I have noticed that some carnalitas traits no longer affect the body like they used to ie. someone with gigantic penis trait will hit 18 and still have small-average penis, same story for gigantic tits.

Yeah this isn't compatible with the carn traits. It's a thing I've been meaning to do since forever. The issue is they both try to change the way the character looks, they are determinative rather than descriptive. So I want to make the carn traits descriptive. Just takes some time and I haven't gotten around to it.

21 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Yeah this isn't compatible with the carn traits. It's a thing I've been meaning to do since forever. The issue is they both try to change the way the character looks, they are determinative rather than descriptive. So I want to make the carn traits descriptive. Just takes some time and I haven't gotten around to it.

Hi, thank you for your mods, I find your approche really interesting.

Concerning Carnalitas traits, I think it would be really nice if they could add a small influence on body calculations instead of beeing descriptive atrtibuts only. I don't know if it possibile or easy to do, but maybe like a small size limit for big breast traits and a large size limit for small breast traits, otherwise like an additive/subtractive value relative to the traits.

Edited by Myloween

Hi, this mod looks great and I want to try it out. I'm on Mac, I downloaded your file and unzipped it then placed it into my mod folder in CK3. When I launched the game, nothing from the mod appeared and the mod didn't show up in the "playset" tab in the Paradox launcher menu or the "all installed mods" in the menu. 

Here's an image of the mod folder: 

922492528_ScreenShot2021-08-28at1_16_10AM.png.a2ef3fd1c7a328ad35d9f428ec417c99.png

As you can see, the folder is within the mod folder. But, when you launch the game, the mod doesn't show up in any menu and no aspects of the mod appear in-game. Wondering if Mac is being wonky and different or if there's something stupid on my part that I was so dumb I couldn't see. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/30/2021 at 6:51 AM, shar95 said:

Does anyone have that body resets to default(vanila) sizes(breast and butt) after a litle bit? I have no idea why. 

I'm having the exact same problem. It seems like maybe it triggered when a character got pregnant, which made their sizes reset, and then they never went back after pregnancy?

I tried to fix it with the console commands, but the breast size increase says something like "this will affect genetics, not how your character looks," and there's no change to the size. Confusingly, console commands for butt size work perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas why the reset is happening, or how to use console commands to actually fix it?