Devious Lore SE

View File

Devious Lore SE

I did NOT create this mod, I merely converted Code Serpent's mod for Skyrim Special Edition, and shared it according to the permissions they gave me (screenshot in photos). I CANNOT give any perms not specified on the original upload page for this mod. If you wish to alter, edit, or otherwise make changes and upload them anywhere, please refer to the permissions (if given on upload page) by the Original Author or contact them directly. This mod should be considered a placeholder for when/if the original author decides to upload their own SE conversion.

If you enjoy this mod, go to the Author’s page and give Code Serpent some love!

The following is copied and edited for SE links from the Original Download Page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod adds several new NPCs, quests, and mechanics to better incorporate Devious Devices into the world of Skyrim.

As you adventure across Skyrim, you may stumble upon strange items; abandoned crates, ancient urns, and other containers. It is likely worthwhile opening them (select them in your inventory), they may contain some gear useful to adventurers, but they may also contain some more devious things; skin-tight dresses imported from the Summerset Isles, ancient engraved steel jewelry used by the Dragon Cult, extreme restraints of Daedric origin. Depending on how aroused you are, it's possible that you will find yourself locked in these devices! Fear not, as blacksmiths, lockpicking experts, some of your allies, and even some of the guards may be willing to help you out of your predicament. Be warned, the blacksmiths and lockpickers will charge you for their time, the guards may take advantage of you, and your allies may come to enjoy seeing you bound up and helpless.

If you aren't able to find someone to help you, and don't want to risk talking with the guards, you can ask the local innkeeper if they've seen anyone strange recently. There's a chance one of the Lore-Mongers has come to town, and may help you if you complete their quest.

Blacksmiths, Fences, Guards:

If you find yourself in any restraints, you may be able to seek out blacksmiths you've befriended, or fences you've recruited to the Thieves Guild. Blacksmiths will be able to cut off any generic device, for a price. Fences and Lockpicking Experts will be able to un-jam and unlock the devices, but will cost twice as much to hire.

You may also approach any hold guard for help. They may be able to get you out of heavy restraints; like yokes, armbinders, bondage mittens; ankle chains and hobble dresses; gags; and chastity items. Keep in mind that being a guard is a boring job, and they may decide to have some fun with you after unlocking some devices.

If you want to avoid getting locked up in jail. You might also be able to convince guards to have some fun with you. Surrendering to them and pleading with them may result in them simply locking you in some iron chains and letting you go. Keep in mind that most violent crimes won't be able to be blown over that easy.

Jailmasters

In each hold there is now a jail-master, in charge of overseeing the prisoners the guards bring in, usually found in the prisons or barracks of the hold capitol. They are incredibly suspicious, and will refuse to talk to you if you are wearing any restraints, as they will suspect you are an escaped prisoner. If you aren't bound in any way, then you will be able to buy generic iron restraints from them, or sell off any of the more devious items you've collected in your travels. You will also be able to buy restraint keys from them, though at a high cost.

Devious Allies:

The friends and allies you've made in your travels can now help you with the strange items you find. If you find you are too 'distracted' to open those items safely, simply ask your allies for their help, and they'll open them for you. Keep in mind, if both of your minds are wandering and daydreaming, you may both end up bound.

If you've managed to pick up a large assortment of devices and keys, you can give them to your allies for safekeeping. You can then ask your allies to try to unlock devices locked on you. Your allies will likely break the keys and tools you gave them, but there will be no risk of jamming the locks on your devices. If your allies unlock several devices of the same type, ie devices that come from the same strange item, or are sold by the same vendor, they will become more skilled with those devices, and less likely to break keys and tools when removing them.

If your allies are skilled warriors, mages, or thieves, they may be able to remove devices locked on you without keys. Keep in mind, warriors and mages may end up breaking the restraints, and thieves will require several lockpicks to get through most restraints.

If you are in a playful mood, you can also ask your allies to lock devices on you or tie you up. They will use the the devices you gave them, or, if you haven't given them any devices to hold onto, they will use simple rope and tape restraints. You can ask any friend to untie you, but the regular devices will be more difficult to remove. If an ally locks several of the same type of device on you, they will become more skilled with those devices, making it easier for them to unlock those devices later.

Note, that whenever an ally locks, unlocks, ties, or unties you, they will become slightly more dominant towards you. Eventually, they may refuse to unlock or untie you for up to two in-game days, depending on how dominant they are, and will persuade your other allies to wait as well.

Struggle Minigame:

As a replacement for the standard timer-based struggle system, you can now struggle out of your restraints in this new minigame!

If you are bound, you can select lockpicks or standard restraint/chastity/piercing keys in your inventory to start the minigame. Or you can use a hotkey you define in the MCM. You can then select the device you want to struggle with (heavy restraints like armbinders, yokes, and bondage mittens have to be removed first before you can struggle out of anything else), and what you are trying to do with it: unlock it, pick its lock, force it off, cut it off, or repair its lock.

Once you have chosen the restraint, and what you are trying to do with it, you'll start the minigame. Your character will start playing a struggle animation (if one is available) and your stamina will start to drain. What you need to do is press and hold one of the WASD movement keys to keep struggling and slow the rate at which your stamina drains. Holding the correct WASD key will slow the drain on your stamina, and improves your struggle attempts. Holding more than one key at a time, or spamming them, will cause you to run out of stamina more quickly. The key you need to hold changes every few seconds. If you fail to escape or repair the device before your stamina runs out, you'll get a temporary stamina regen debuff, preventing you from trying again until you wait for it to wear off or you drink a potion.

The Devious Devices global difficulty settings, device difficulty settings, and your skill in Smithing, Lockpicking, and Pickpocketing will all determine how long it takes you to struggle out of a device, and you will gain some experience in the relevant skill through attempting this minigame.

The Lore-Mongers:

These six individuals are women researching, collecting, or distributing those same devices you may find. If you find them out of their laboratories or shops, then they are looking for one of those strange containers. If you help them, they will help you out of your predicament. They can also give you gold, useful gear, or keys if you decide you enjoy your situation. Ask the local innkeepers if they've seen any strange people recently, they may point you to one of them.

These women will only start to venture out of their shops and labs once you've become acquainted with their associated devices by finding one of the items they've been looking for, and acquire some restraints from them. After this, they may start to show up in town. After they introduce themselves to you, their homes and shops will be open for business.

Once their homes are unlocked, you will be able to purchase some useful gear from them. If you ask about what items they're searching for, you may bring these items to them at any time for a random reward. Once you've discovered what they're actually searching for, you will be able to purchase a set of the devices from them.

Hjorni the Distracted, the Scholar

Hjorni is searching for information about her ancestors: members of the Dragon Cult. She has found texts discussing rituals involving virgin women, and the ornamental gear used to keep them virgins. She is currently looking for more sets of this ornamental jewelry, and some clues as to how to recreate the rituals. Her last attempt left her locked in the jewelry for months, and has left her...distracted.

The jewelry she's looking for are stored in nordic Ceremonial Urns. They are most often found in Nordic Ruins, but might be found in Giant Camps, Vampire Lairs, or as cargo of shipwrecks. It's possible they may also contain some more practical enchanted jewelry.

She is currently working out of the Nordic Archives outpost, located on the road West of Windhelm. There she also sells a handful of enchanted jewelry she has found in her excursions.

Llathesi R'uer, the Scribe

The Dark Elf, Llathesi R'uer, has spent her life studying the Dwemer. She was certain she could find some technology in their brass ruins to help make life in Morrowind more hospitable. While she was exploring ruins in the Eastern side of Skyrim, she discovered a brass vial of some strange fluid, and some tomes discussing a new use for Dwarven Oil. She has fallen in love with the skin-tight suits she has made from the stuff, and is always looking for fresh vials of the material.

The viscous fluid she is looking for is found in Dwarven Vials, most often found in Dwarven Ruins. Falmer hives and Bandit hideouts might also have a set stored away. It's possible these vials may instead contain some useful potions.

Llathesi works out her labratory in a small Dwarven Ruin on the road running along the Velothi Mountains, South of Windhelm. She still has a decent collection of potions from her alchemical experimentation, and is willing to sell some of them off.

Mistress Elarie, the Seamstress

This Altmer ambassador has taken it upon herself to show the women of Skyrim the refinement of her people. Specifically, the skin-tight dresses and nine-inch heels worn by so many in the Summerset Isles. She claims these items, among others, train a women's posture and poise to the highest degree. She also claims the women of Skyrim, wrapped in naught but fur, are in need of some serious training.

Elarie makes most of the dresses and other devices herself, but also often receives shipments from the Summerset Isles through the East Empire Company. These East Empire Company Crates have a habit of not making it to her shop, and can end up in nearly any hideout in Skyrim. The crates occasionally carry some enchanted clothing from the various magic guilds on the isles.

Mistress Elarie works out of her shop, Aldmeri Imports, on the road between Dragon Bridge and Solitude, and only a short distance away from the Thalmor Embassy. In addition to the tight dresses she herself wears, Elarie also has a large collection of mage robes to sell.

Vigilant Laekette, the Seer

This Vigilant of Stendarr has ended up in an unfortunate predicament. A perverted Dremora has asked his worshipers to create sets of brightly colored buckled gear to completely immobile their victims. His worshipers end up binding their sacrifices in this gear before sending them to their master. Laekette managed to remove a set from one such victim, but was locked up in the same devices herself! No magic she knows has been able to weaken the locks, so she has spent her life since seeking out the remaining sets so that no one ends up in the same situation she's in.

Laekette knows that this perverted gear is sometimes transferred to its victims through a Daedric Charm, a miniature Sigil Stone. The devices are thrown through a portal the charm creates, locking onto whatever poor soul is before it. She aims to collect and disarm these charms before they are put to use. Strangely, some charms may instead spit out staves and soul gems. Vampires, Warlocks, Necromancers, and Forsworn are the most likely to carry one of these charms.

Vigilant Laekette is stationed at her vigil, an old imperial watchtower set on a hill North-East of Whiterun, South-East of the Hall of the Vigilant. Laekette is in charge of hoarding magical items deemed to dangerous for the general public, including staves and soul gems. After introducing yourself to her, she may decide to sell you a few pieces.

Thelia, the Stable Master

This redguard blacksmith girl was sent across the border by her master in Hammerfell. She is to tame and send back servants to her master. Since being renounced from the Empire, Hammerfell has grown more hostile to outsiders. Thelia's master has taken this to his advantage, and has been smuggling in servants of other races across the border, where no one will search for them, and no one in Hammerfell will care about them. The restraints Thelia's master uses are designed to resemble horse harnesses, to further disguise his actions when the devices cross the border.

Thelia makes these restraints herself, and sends them off to other servants of her master, and the occasional deviant noble. However, the couriers she sends are not of fighting stock and are often lost along the way. The Smuggled Packages end up in any number of locations. Some other group has also been shipping similar packages, but they seem to be smuggling enchanted weapons and armor.

The new servants Thelia corrals end up at her farm, Hammer-Worn Stables, along the road between Whiterun and The Reach, South-East of Rorikstead. Thelia master has incredible resources at his disposal, some of which is spent on Thelia's creation. Powerful enchanted armor and weapons are often being made at her stables, and she may part with a few.

Mirtienne the Mix-Blood, the Sorceress

Mirtrienne claims to be an Imperial mage, though her nickname doesn't agree. She has moved slightly North of the Cyrodiil border to set up shop, and now travels the province looking for the work of one of the last members of the Mage's Guild. The binding and animating spells he created are of incredible interest to her, and their results she finds very precious.

The old mage's work lies within Old Grimoires, which can be found in most hideouts, but most often with Vampries and Warlocks. Inside you will find the remnants of one of the mage's binding spells, still waiting to be activated. You may also find grimoire's from other mages, which will still hold useful pages which can be used as scrolls.

The new shop Mirtrienne has set up is called Mix-Blood Magics, and is within eyesight of the gate to Cyrodiil. There, she has brought an extensive collection of books and scrolls, and works diligently to make copies to sell.

The Skeleton Key:

One final way to get yourself out of any device. If you manage to find and secure the legendary Skeleton Key, you will be able to remove any device at any time. Simply examine it, and it's power will unlock you.

Credits:

Kimy, creator of Cursed Loot, which was my inspiration for this mod.

The Devious Devices Dev Team, who made this game much more interesting

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/09/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab Framework SE, Devious Devices SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

1 hour ago, monsta88 said:

Strange, I was using this already in SE and I definitey didn't convert it. :)

There is an older conversion in the support thread of the original mod. I got perms to upload this last year, and it slipped my mind, so I converted the most recent version and uploaded it.

2 hours ago, Gundalypse said:

So this mod just pretty much adds vendors and fetch quest givers in order to interact with all the DD related mods, yeah? Does this interact with the DDE that is part of DDv5.0?

DDE isn't a new part of DD, so it should use everything relevant to the mod. It interacts with Deviously Cursed Loot, but DCL is not a requirement, just an enhancement.

8 hours ago, etimc said:

Hey, im experiencing a straight to desktop crash when a guard tries to put restraints on me. Anything i could try?

Are you using the proper SE version of Zaz and Devious Devices and newest upload of Devious Lore SE? A bad restraint texture or mesh could be the cause. I had to re-upload a mod due to the animations not properly converting.

Hey, i'm running a pretty big pre-built mod list that has devious followers. I started to add new mods and it was working fine. Eventually though, I added more including this one, and something removed the speech options for devious followers. I just want to ask and make sure this wasn't it. I would like to add this to the mod list again, without breaking anything.

1 hour ago, Sonakay said:

Hey, i'm running a pretty big pre-built mod list that has devious followers. I started to add new mods and it was working fine. Eventually though, I added more including this one, and something removed the speech options for devious followers. I just want to ask and make sure this wasn't it. I would like to add this to the mod list again, without breaking anything.

I'm running them both together, so it's not this.

1 hour ago, AnnaShapard said:

@nomkaz  HUHU!:P are there any incompatibilities here that should be taken into account? I have Devious Device helpers, which use similar functions that were described in this mod!

I don't know for sure if there's a conflict, but since they do similar things, It's best not to use them together

On 2/19/2021 at 10:06 PM, covid-20 said:

When I'm doing the lore-mongers quests I'm only getting quests for three out of the six mongers (Hijorni, Mirtienne, and Mistress Elarie), and even after doing Mistress Elarie's quest three times, I'm still not allowed in her shop. Why is this happening?

check the oldrim support thread for this mod. I never encountered that happening, so I can't say.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:46 PM, nomkaz said:

Are you using the proper SE version of Zaz and Devious Devices and newest upload of Devious Lore SE? A bad restraint texture or mesh could be the cause. I had to re-upload a mod due to the animations not properly converting.

Sorry for the late reply, it was only happening when some other armour was equipped, the game would just kind of spazz out and equip the lower parts of other outfits that were originally equipped. 

On 2/23/2021 at 12:33 PM, etimc said:

Sorry for the late reply, it was only happening when some other armour was equipped, the game would just kind of spazz out and equip the lower parts of other outfits that were originally equipped. 

Sexlab Framework controls the stripping.

• 4 weeks later...

Just opened a Dwarven Vial, got covered with all of the oil, and it hardened into a full set of ebonite restraints.  Only problem is the head restraint is a "Red Oil Hood" and now my character's head is invisible.  I know that this normally means that an object has not been built in BodySlide; however, I have done a batch build on every single item available in my BodySlide (filters completely blank).  Looking through my data folder, I do not have any project for this item.  I am running Devious Lore SE 2.03, used the AIO download file, with DD 5.1 and DCL 9.0  Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ... it's kind of creepy runnng around as a "Headless Dragonborn".   

On 3/20/2021 at 12:45 PM, MainMansrevenge said:

Do I need Any of the 2.0 files to make this work or am I okay with just the 2.3 files? Also what does the AIO file do?

The patches are optional files, the AIO is all the patches and everything in one download.