• 4 weeks later...

Just like the original, this still makes (most) devices enchantable by the player. Except that for one, the original "enchantment description" of the device remains (the enchantments do show up in the "Active Effects" list just fine though) - and, much more importantly, the moment an equipped device is selected in the inventory (to try to remove or examine it or whatever), the enchanted effects get removed. Looks like the "re-equip" after an unsuccessful "unequip" doesn't reapply the enchantments.

(this did work just fine in Oldrim's version)

As low priority as this may be for most player, it's kind of why I originally found DL to begin with, so... any chance of a fix? ?

21 minutes ago, Phelan42 said:

Just like the original, this still makes (most) devices enchantable by the player. Except that for one, the original "enchantment description" of the device remains (the enchantments do show up in the "Active Effects" list just fine though) - and, much more importantly, the moment an equipped device is selected in the inventory (to try to remove or examine it or whatever), the enchanted effects get removed. Looks like the "re-equip" after an unsuccessful "unequip" doesn't reapply the enchantments.

(this did work just fine in Oldrim's version)

As low priority as this may be for most player, it's kind of why I originally found DL to begin with, so... any chance of a fix? ?

This mod is exactly like the oldrim version, only textures, meshes and animations have been converted. The ESP and scripts were not touched, so you have another mod interfering with this one if that's happening. Did you get the patch for D.D. 5.2?

5 minutes ago, bacob30 said:

Any chance you could also upload the old version (that being 3.0.0) somewhere? As of now the hotfix (which is much appreciated btw!) breaks a couple wabbajack modlists that use your awesome conversion

Done.

9 hours ago, nomkaz said:

This mod is exactly like the oldrim version, only textures, meshes and animations have been converted. The ESP and scripts were not touched, so you have another mod interfering with this one if that's happening. Did you get the patch for D.D. 5.2?

I was initially thinking that Unforgiving Devices might be the root cause, but even when I uninstalled it and started a fresh character, the issue was still there...

I don't know what you mean with "patch for DD 5.2" though. I have DD 5.2.7 installed, and DL SE 3.0.0.7 with the 3.0.1 hotfix (gonna try updating to your fresh version now - thank you very much for the continuous work ?), but if I need some patch for 5.2, I haven't seen it...?

6 hours ago, slugma53 said:

It seems this doesn't fix it since the new file has a new hash value. If anyone has the old file, downloaded from this post before it was deleted, it would be much appreciated.

That's the exact same v3 file that was up for 2 years. I downloaded it before I deleted it, then reuploaded it. I DO NOT support Mod Packs, so that's the end of my cooperation with that issue.

19 hours ago, Phelan42 said:

I was initially thinking that Unforgiving Devices might be the root cause, but even when I uninstalled it and started a fresh character, the issue was still there...

I don't know what you mean with "patch for DD 5.2" though. I have DD 5.2.7 installed, and DL SE 3.0.0.7 with the 3.0.1 hotfix (gonna try updating to your fresh version now - thank you very much for the continuous work ?), but if I need some patch for 5.2, I haven't seen it...?

V3.0.2 has the patch included since you need to have it no matter what. That way no one can "forget" to download it. The KS Hair Patch is optional, though I use KS Hairs SMP, so I always run with the patch. The LE mod was just updated on the 13th, but I never got a notification for it. SMH. L.L. notification system can be glitchy, so if I don't know that a mod got updated, I can't update my conversion. So I must rely on users like you to keep me informed  ;p

49 minutes ago, Cobra652 said:

Accidentaly i disabled the mod in the menu hours ago.... Is there anz waz to reenable the mod in MCM, or i need to reinstall / worse, i need to reload an old save<

Thanks

Load the game, make a new save. Exit the game. Clean the save file with Resaver, then re-enable the mod and go back into the game. it should now work like it was just freshly installed,

25 minutes ago, allrounder687 said:

hey man, i am getting an error on wabbajack while i try to download your mod due to the hash change, can you please re-upload the previous mod if possible... A lot of people need this mod to get past the error we are getting on wabbajack

Or whoever created the wabbajack could update it...

1 hour ago, allrounder687 said:

hey man, i am getting an error on wabbajack while i try to download your mod due to the hash change, can you please re-upload the previous mod if possible... A lot of people need this mod to get past the error we are getting on wabbajack

I did reupload the mod, that's why the hash is new. There is NOTHING I can do to effect that. It's not a problem on my end, the Wabbajack author needs to update their mod. In fact, I'm removing the old outdated version 3 again.

2 hours ago, UsernameTaken666 said:

…and that’s why you don’t use those damn lists. not responsibility of mod author to keep or maintain old versions cause someone else needs to update their shit

Any reputable list is going to have rules to not contact mod authors to reupload mods. Because you're right, it's not the mod author's fault or responsibility if the list goes uninstallable because of an update. They are supposed to contact the list author and wait for the list to be updated. Unfortunately, there are people who don't read, don't follow rules, and ruin things for everyone. 

Sorry @nomkaz they really should not have asked for the reupload. 

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

Any reputable list is going to have rules to not contact mod authors to reupload mods. Because you're right, it's not the mod author's fault or responsibility if the list goes uninstallable because of an update. They are supposed to contact the list author and wait for the list to be updated. Unfortunately, there are people who don't read, don't follow rules, and ruin things for everyone. 

Sorry @nomkaz they really should not have asked for the reupload. 

Man, I'm having a REALLY shitty day, and your apology on their behalf, made it that much better. Thanks. <3

18 hours ago, Ar4chnid said:

The only loremonger who ever seems to appear for me when I talk to innkeepers, is Hjorni, do I need to do her quest repeatedly or is something wrong? I've done it a few times now

Thanks in advance, love the mod ❤️

Each one has a schedule they keep, so they aren't always in the same place. I don't think I've ever encountered them all myself.