14 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Am I correct in discerning that the Struggle Idles Patch has been rendered redundant by the new version?  If so, this might merit a note on the mod page.

I honestly have no idea. All I do is convert the mod for SE as-is made by the original mod author and forward the changelogs. But I think that's is the case. I'll have to double check before I make a change to the description.

I'm finding the KS Hairs patch gives a number of the mod's NPCs blackface bug, including in brand new games. I've double checked my load order and even reinstalled, and I've checked in xEdit that nothing is modifying those records except Devious Lore and the patch.  Sometimes the blackface bug is still a mystery to me, but the only idea I have would be whether things are packed into BSAs properly in the patch?  I understand load order rules between loose files and BSAs can cause some issues.  Failing that, any other insight would be welcome.

22 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

I'm finding the KS Hairs patch gives a number of the mod's NPCs blackface bug, including in brand new games. I've double checked my load order and even reinstalled, and I've checked in xEdit that nothing is modifying those records except Devious Lore and the patch.  Sometimes the blackface bug is still a mystery to me, but the only idea I have would be whether things are packed into BSAs properly in the patch?  I understand load order rules between loose files and BSAs can cause some issues.  Failing that, any other insight would be welcome.

This fixed all my blackface issues:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441

3 hours ago, Senior0422 said:

This fixed all my blackface issues:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441

I thought about using that, but it's a bandaid fix.  I've always preferred fixing the underlying problem rather than just covering it up.  Especially that I also always try to avoid unnecessary scripted mods.  I'm hopeful that the patch itself can be fixed so as to render such bandaids unnecessary.

• 3 weeks later...

weird help request which will probably never happen to anyone else ever

I took a radiant quest to rescue a captive, only when I got her home did I realise it was Mistress Elarie!

(it is brilliant that this is how I found her, she was in a cave being abused by a bandit who obv. mistook her for a slave or was trying to extort locations of crates)

PROBLEM is I think her "home" for completing the radiant quest is inside the locked building, so I cant get past that...?

On 4/6/2022 at 8:25 PM, Antiope_Apollonia said:

I just came across this:

What's New in Version 1.0.1

Released February 2

Fixed bad file paths that were causing black face bugs due to not overwriting files correctly.

... from the Laura's Bondage Shop Character Makeovers, and I wonder whether what @aurreth was referring to there might be the same issue that's causing the trouble with this patch?  If so, any chance that could point the way for @nomkaz to be able to fix the patch here?

On 4/28/2022 at 9:01 PM, Antiope_Apollonia said:

I just came across this:

... from the Laura's Bondage Shop Character Makeovers, and I wonder whether what @aurreth was referring to there might be the same issue that's causing the trouble with this patch?  If so, any chance that could point the way for @nomkaz to be able to fix the patch here?

My overwrites were originally relative to my Makeover mods, so like Makeover\Laura\Face.  This resulted in my mod and the original LBS mod conflicting and causing the bug.

The fix was to change my pathing to LBS\Laura\Face, then load my mod after LBS so that it overwrote the original rather than competing with it.  Totally due to me not thinking about load orders, file precedence, etc. (I don't do a lot of character work, just structures).

On 4/7/2022 at 1:13 PM, Antiope_Apollonia said:

I thought about using that, but it's a bandaid fix.  I've always preferred fixing the underlying problem rather than just covering it up.  Especially that I also always try to avoid unnecessary scripted mods.  I'm hopeful that the patch itself can be fixed so as to render such bandaids unnecessary.

I agree with what you are saying, though I started to use the "fix" after I downloaded some of those massive city overhauls and I can say that the fix works perfectly, works with all mods, and don't change appearance in any way I could see and I have not had black face bug since I installed the fix so I recommend it tbqh. Just thought I'd let you know if you were on the fence.

• 4 months later...

Is there a way to configure this mod so that it only affects female NPCs? I intend to play with a mixed group of followers, and I'd like it if opening trap containers didn't put devices on male NPCs.

EDIT: Problem solved. NPCs only get bound if you specifically ask them to look at device containers.

Edited by ThePopato
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 5:10 AM, DorothyMacha said:

I have my follower opened the package with devious loot, now she is stuck with collar and keys from jailmaster do not work to remove it from her inventory.

Using Nether follower framework, but i dont think thats the issue.

How did you get your follower to open it? Mine keep saying ' not now'

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Nicallia said:

Hi nomkaz, do you by any chance plan to also convert the new 3.0.0 version? Not trying to create work for you or make any assumptions but rather trying to set expectations for myself. I unfortunately lack the technical skills to do it myself.

I was not aware that it had been updated. Uploading my conversion now.