OK, so I just downloaded this mod for the first time in the middle of my playthrough and I'm getting a very strange bug that I've searched both mods' threads for and can't see anyone else having this issue. My issue is that despite having not obtained any loot boxes, I can go to any of my followers, as well as certain other NPCs, and ask them to help me open packages—this happens endlessly and allows me to gather infinite loot. Not only that, but asking them to "hold onto these keys for me" will straight up give me a skeleton key out of nowhere and place it in their inventory. The same happens with restraints, being tied up, etc—the item just appears out of nowhere, as if I had a second inventory filled with infinite Devious Lore items and loot boxes.

I have no idea how to fix this, and no, I don't have Devious Cursed Loot which I read may conflict.

Edited by Neonwarrior
56 minutes ago, Neonwarrior said:

OK, so I just downloaded this mod for the first time in the middle of my playthrough and I'm getting a very strange bug that I've searched both mods' threads for and can't see anyone else having this issue. My issue is that despite having not obtained any loot boxes, I can go to any of my followers, as well as certain other NPCs, and ask them to help me open packages—this happens endlessly and allows me to gather infinite loot. Not only that, but asking them to "hold onto these keys for me" will straight up give me a skeleton key out of nowhere and place it in their inventory. The same happens with restraints, being tied up, etc—the item just appears out of nowhere, as if I had a second inventory filled with infinite Devious Lore items and loot boxes.

I have no idea how to fix this, and no, I don't have Devious Cursed Loot which I read may conflict.

That's not a conversion issue. Only the textures and meshes are touches for conversion. This is a mod issue so you need to bring this up on the original mod support page. Adding or removing mods in the middle of a playthrough, is always asking for problems. It's possible that you have scripts persisting from a previous mod. Try using a save cleaner. That's all I can suggest.

1 hour ago, nomkaz said:

That's not a conversion issue. Only the textures and meshes are touches for conversion. This is a mod issue so you need to bring this up on the original mod support page. Adding or removing mods in the middle of a playthrough, is always asking for problems. It's possible that you have scripts persisting from a previous mod. Try using a save cleaner. That's all I can suggest.

Resaver didn't work. I didn't go to the original mod page because you wrote "this mod should be considered a placeholder for when/if the original author decides to take control of it," which made me think that that thread was dead.

Oh well, guess I'm uninstalling DL 3.0.0 for now. 

On 3/13/2023 at 11:38 AM, Neonwarrior said:

Resaver didn't work. I didn't go to the original mod page because you wrote "this mod should be considered a placeholder for when/if the original author decides to take control of it," which made me think that that thread was dead.

Oh well, guess I'm uninstalling DL 3.0.0 for now. 

There is a Hotfix in the original mod's page. Overwriting this with it seems to work ok for me.

Another think that might cause issues is that the new version has one less esl-file. Removing that in the middle of the game can cause problems with the changed load order. I just experienced this (again) with another removed esl file when my old game was unloadable until I fixed the load order issue.

4 hours ago, JuliusXX said:

There is a Hotfix in the original mod's page. Overwriting this with it seems to work ok for me.

Another think that might cause issues is that the new version has one less esl-file. Removing that in the middle of the game can cause problems with the changed load order. I just experienced this (again) with another removed esl file when my old game was unloadable until I fixed the load order issue.

I did not get a notification about the hotfix update, so thanks for mentioning that. I added the hotfix update in the downloads section.

45 minutes ago, nomkaz said:

I did not get a notification about the hotfix update, so thanks for mentioning that. I added the hotfix update in the downloads section.

I can't access the hotfix for some reason, when I try downloading it Firefox just opens an empty tab. Chrome just tells me that there isn't anything connected to the download link with an Invalid Response error.

Also did you also see that the KS Hairs Patch was updated for the hotfix?

Edited by Asiatore
1 hour ago, Asiatore said:

I can't access the hotfix for some reason, when I try downloading it Firefox just opens an empty tab. Chrome just tells me that there isn't anything connected to the download link with an Invalid Response error.

same thing too..

Edited by Luka9470
1 hour ago, Asiatore said:

It downloads just fine for me with Brave Browser. It's got to be a L.L. website issue. I have no clue why anyone is having an issue downloading it.

Converted and uploaded the new KS Hairs Patch.

The downloads are 100% fine. It's Loverslab having the issue. There's nothing I can do to fix that, you'll just have to wait for L.L. to get sorted. I had to reboot my PC to refresh this page, since it hung for like 8 minutes for me.

8 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

I could download both patches at the time of writing this comment ?

Devious Lore SE v3.0.1 Hotfix Update.7z
Devious Lore SE - KS Hairs Patch 3.0.1.7z 

I really have no clue why that was happening, other than L.L. begin glitchy as hell yesterday....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Hope everyone is fine :)

I would like to ask about appearance chances of packages and other stuff

Basically i planted my PC in front of an chest, saved a game and started to play with sliders on reloading on this and same chest (the middle one. Not the ugliest and not a boss chest)

So questions are:

- the chances changes apply on the fly or should they be done before entering a cell ?

- How arousal applies to this... i dont get it. It's a bonus? 

Thanks if someone has the time to answer :) 

5 hours ago, smereka said:

Devious Lore - KS Hairs Patch 3.0.1 - crashes my game when I enter the cell where solitude jailmaster is.

It shouldn't be doing that. I can't duplicate that issue on my end. Did you generate a crash log with SE\AE Crash Logger? That mod should tell you what's causing the CTD in the crash log, if it's not a texture issue. NPC replacer mods are usually the culprit then that happens to me. The NITHI series on Nexus made stuff like that happen for me. This mod could clash with your NPC replacer mods. If so, it's not D.L. but the NPC replacer. If so, a patch between D.L. and your NPC replacer mod would need to be made, and I'm not sure how to do that. 

4 hours ago, nomkaz said:

It shouldn't be doing that. I can't duplicate that issue on my end. Did you generate a crash log with SE\AE Crash Logger? That mod should tell you what's causing the CTD in the crash log, if it's not a texture issue. NPC replacer mods are usually the culprit then that happens to me. The NITHI series on Nexus made stuff like that happen for me. This mod could clash with your NPC replacer mods. If so, it's not D.L. but the NPC replacer. If so, a patch between D.L. and your NPC replacer mod would need to be made, and I'm not sure how to do that. 

Just an fyi, I got that too but with the pony girls, and regenerating the facegen fixed it. That said, I was using my own conversion. Maybe the facegen just didn't convert well. But I usually have process faceparts checked along with resave meshes just to try to avoid just that problem.

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

Just an fyi, I got that too but with the pony girls, and regenerating the facegen fixed it. That said, I was using my own conversion. Maybe the facegen just didn't convert well. But I usually have process faceparts checked along with resave meshes just to try to avoid just that problem.

That's what I did, so not sure why anyone would have an issue with that when I don't. I'll regen the face gen just to be sure. I loaded the mod into Ck but no facegen were created. So I'm at a loss

Edited by nomkaz
added comment
21 hours ago, nomkaz said:

That's what I did, so not sure why anyone would have an issue with that when I don't. I'll regen the face gen just to be sure. I loaded the mod into Ck but no facegen were created. So I'm at a loss

It would have overwrote the old facegens that were there rather than create new ones. If you check the date on them, it should match to when you exported facegen instead of when cao converted them.

Also, if you have the ck fixes, it doesn't automatically do facegen anymore. you need to do ctrl + f4 to export.

Edited by zarantha
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else getting crashes at the road north of Fort Sungard? There's a building there, whenever the building loads, the game crashes.

Edit: The culprit was Devious Lore - KS Hairs Patch 3.0.1, removing it fixed everything

Edited by Fulanoo
Found how to fix
  • 2 weeks later...