On 6/5/2021 at 5:20 AM, Hannibal_P said:

Does anyone know how or if this mod will effect Convenient Horses?   Around the same time I started to use FGT, my followers (within EFF) lost the dialogue option from CH and followers who already had horses no longer summon and ride their horse.  Is there a possible connection?

Possibly, looking at the original page for this mod on Nexus there are reports of it not being compatible with convenient horses.
If the NPCs aren't registered on a trip this mod shouldn't have any hooks into them so if the problem persists even then there might be something else involved.

1 hour ago, sweforce said:

Maybe a compatibility patch can be made and suggestably posted on both mods pages.

It's unfortunately a lot more complicated than firing up SSEEdit to merge some conflicts into a patch. Which is probably why there is none despite both mods being around for years.

It might be possible to hook into the script functions of CH and trigger mounting/dismounting from FGT but since it's not really intended use there's no way of knowing what would happen. Especially since there are 470+ scripts in that mod intertwined to various degrees.

4 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

It's unfortunately a lot more complicated than firing up SSEEdit to merge some conflicts into a patch. Which is probably why there is none despite both mods being around for years.

It might be possible to hook into the script functions of CH and trigger mounting/dismounting from FGT but since it's not really intended use there's no way of knowing what would happen. Especially since there are 470+ scripts in that mod intertwined to various degrees.

Maybe it is the mods themselves that need to be merged? Actually the Convinent Horses mod are a bit bloated. Perhaps a follower riding extention to the Goes on the trip mod?

19 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Possibly, looking at the original page for this mod on Nexus there are reports of it not being compatible with convenient horses.
If the NPCs aren't registered on a trip this mod shouldn't have any hooks into them so if the problem persists even then there might be something else involved.

Thank you for replying.  I took a small look at the original pages as well.  Conflicts with MHIYH2 and mostly EFF which I use both.  Wish I knew more about modding, maybe I could figure it out.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:15 PM, Hannibal_P said:

Is there a safe way to uninstall?  I have not found a way for this great mod to co-exist with CH or MHIYH2.

Not that I know of, generally isn't when it comes to anything with scripts. If you cancel all trips there should be no more control over the NPC behavior. What's left then is the dialogue which will be removed when you remove the mod. Beyond that it doesn't change anything in the base game, only uses it's own assets, which is a plus when removing mods in a running game.

Personally I'd go Cancel Trips -> Disable mod -> Save with mod disabled -> Fire up Fallrimtools and remove any lingering scripts -> Save again -> Load save and then check so the problems are gone.

12 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Not that I know of, generally isn't when it comes to anything with scripts. If you cancel all trips there should be no more control over the NPC behavior. What's left then is the dialogue which will be removed when you remove the mod. Beyond that it doesn't change anything in the base game, only uses it's own assets, which is a plus when removing mods in a running game.

Personally I'd go Cancel Trips -> Disable mod -> Save with mod disabled -> Fire up Fallrimtools and remove any lingering scripts -> Save again -> Load save and then check so the problems are gone.

Thank you. 

• 3 months later...

Hi, LazyGirl. Thank you for update the mod.

If you don't mind, Could you do me a favor?

This mod is really great. But it doesn't have a saving npc list.

So player have to add npcs one by one as new game.

Please make saving function with FISSES like other many mod.

Edited by chang7710
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have been using Nexus Mod Manager for years, and I am wanting to download this from this site (nexus only has LE version and I am playing on SSE)

how would I download this mod in tandem with Nexus Mod Manager and the Loot function on NMM? 

Please and thank you for the help! 

On 10/4/2021 at 9:56 AM, chang7710 said:

Hi, LazyGirl. Thank you for update the mod.

If you don't mind, Could you do me a favor?

This mod is really great. But it doesn't have a saving npc list.

So player have to add npcs one by one as new game.

Please make saving function with FISSES like other many mod.

If you mean saving the list of what NPCs should be traveling and then import it in another game - it's not really something I've thought about.  Adding save/load features it's a bit of a headache but I'll keep it in mind if I update the mod and need file support for other features as well. 

On 10/15/2021 at 8:29 AM, NJYazon said:

Hello! I have been using Nexus Mod Manager for years, and I am wanting to download this from this site (nexus only has LE version and I am playing on SSE)

how would I download this mod in tandem with Nexus Mod Manager and the Loot function on NMM? 

Please and thank you for the help! 

I haven't used NMM in ages but if I remember correctly you should be able to just download the file as normal and then add it manually from inside NMM similar to how you open a file in any other program.

Once you done that Loot should sort it just like any other mod. Would be surprised if Loot lacks sorting options and leaves it as it though. The mod is "self contained" and doesn't change any base game data.

On 10/17/2021 at 4:02 AM, LazyGirl said:

If you mean saving the list of what NPCs should be traveling and then import it in another game - it's not really something I've thought about.  Adding save/load features it's a bit of a headache but I'll keep it in mind if I update the mod and need file support for other features as well. 

I haven't used NMM in ages but if I remember correctly you should be able to just download the file as normal and then add it manually from inside NMM similar to how you open a file in any other program.

Once you done that Loot should sort it just like any other mod. Would be surprised if Loot lacks sorting options and leaves it as it though. The mod is "self contained" and doesn't change any base game data.

Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there some way to have the mod automatically make all current followers go on a trip when the Death Override Mode from Succubus Heart triggers?  I'd love it if when my character "dies", the followers automatically run off to do other stuff because they don't know my character isn't actually dead.

Even if you could just add like, a lesser power that causes all followers to go on trips when used that would be neat.

4 hours ago, redeyesandlonghair said:

Is there some way to have the mod automatically make all current followers go on a trip when the Death Override Mode from Succubus Heart triggers?  I'd love it if when my character "dies", the followers automatically run off to do other stuff because they don't know my character isn't actually dead.

Even if you could just add like, a lesser power that causes all followers to go on trips when used that would be neat.

I extended the function (startWander on FGTDialogueQuest) that send a follower (or any NPC) a bit so it returns TRUE or FALSE. TRUE means the NPC was successfully registered and is sent off and FALSE means there where no empty slots for registration so nothing will happen to it. There is also stopWander in that same script but I didn't change that to return anything. Anyhow, If Succubus Heart is follower aware already the best option is for it to call that and send them off in the code that handles the death override trigger.

Adding a mod hook in Follower Goes on a Trip isn't likely since I haven't managed to get in touch with its creator and get permission to make this update let alone add direct support for adult mods.

I hope if you can make new mod so you can edit custom free.. ,, which mix follower go to Trip and follower  kid napping mods. eg,, I might hope, 

1. follower go to dungeon (as Trip option)

2.  when follower will be defeated by bandit or creatures etc... they will be kidnapped then may stay in jail.. 

3.  player got letter, which informed follower kidnapped.. (failed)  

4 . player go to the lcoation,, then blur blur blur.. 

I know, this is non adult mod space. so I can not request what I actually hope.. but I know you up-load really unique mods as adult mod. so Hope if you make new mods.

as your new adult version..  (though the idea is from original mod, but the author should not stop other user use the idea and some scritps, then enhance as they like.. 

I really hope to see if you can re-make Follower kidnap mods.  (at current most of them often cause problem or buggy,, or not enhanced any more) with new travel option...

First, thanks for the suggestions and feedback. It's nice to know the mod is finding some use. Second, no - I have no planned changes or additions to this mod in the pipeline. I have some ideas what I would like to take a look at if I have the opportunity/time though. 
I don't normally talk about lose ideas that never may happen since there's a risk someone will take it as a promise but I'll list them here anyhow just so you know what's already been suggested/considered. 

Increased number of slots - Allowing for more NPCs to be managed at the same time

Random trips - While enabled dismissed followers have a chance to go on a trip on their own

Saving/Loading of travel roster (suggested earlier) - Would make it possible to have selected NPCs travel automatically in a new game, either immediately or based on some condition like not-yet-recruited

"Open" up the mod more - Have it use the event system to broadcast what it does so other mods can listen in, know what's going on (NPC started or ended journey/completed a bounty of N Type/failed/failed and got captured) and react accordingly. That plus extend the support to add, remove and maybe even blacklist NPCs in the system externally.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:25 PM, LazyGirl said:

First, thanks for the suggestions and feedback. It's nice to know the mod is finding some use. Second, no - I have no planned changes or additions to this mod in the pipeline. I have some ideas what I would like to take a look at if I have the opportunity/time though. 
I don't normally talk about lose ideas that never may happen since there's a risk someone will take it as a promise but I'll list them here anyhow just so you know what's already been suggested/considered. 

Increased number of slots - Allowing for more NPCs to be managed at the same time

Random trips - While enabled dismissed followers have a chance to go on a trip on their own

Saving/Loading of travel roster (suggested earlier) - Would make it possible to have selected NPCs travel automatically in a new game, either immediately or based on some condition like not-yet-recruited

"Open" up the mod more - Have it use the event system to broadcast what it does so other mods can listen in, know what's going on (NPC started or ended journey/completed a bounty of N Type/failed/failed and got captured) and react accordingly. That plus extend the support to add, remove and maybe even blacklist NPCs in the system externally.

I hope if you make new mod which concentrate  and enhance NPC --Bounty Quests--  (Pc get it, and order follower to go dungeon then kill target) ...

Of course I do not know it will come or not.. Just think this mod concept have many possiblity... which may offer more interesting NPC vs NPC role plays..and may be used to mix with those battle and some mods. anyway I just test with EFF follower, and just set me un-visible, and follow her,, is already interesting enough... (so PC near by follower with un-visible,

NPC vs NPC mod catch the batlle. then can start animation with conditions,,)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/14/2022 at 10:37 PM, Xaliber said:

Hi LazyGirl! Thanks for keeping one of my favorite mods alive. Quick question: which follower framework works best with this? Extensible Follower Framework (EFF) or Nether's Follower Framework (NFF)?

Don't use either so can't really say. Generally speaking the traveling function itself should be fairly compatible, it uses a package to send them off and packages have "built in" compatibility - whatever is set to have the highest priority overrides anything else. Problems can arise if the framework keeps control of dismissed followers through other means.

Best option is probably asking on the Nexusmods page for the Oldrim version since it has more downloads and, hopefully, more active users with answers.

On 7/16/2022 at 3:27 PM, LazyGirl said:

Don't use either so can't really say. Generally speaking the traveling function itself should be fairly compatible, it uses a package to send them off and packages have "built in" compatibility - whatever is set to have the highest priority overrides anything else. Problems can arise if the framework keeps control of dismissed followers through other means.

Best option is probably asking on the Nexusmods page for the Oldrim version since it has more downloads and, hopefully, more active users with answers.

Got it.

Thanks so much for porting and maintaining this version!