On 7/21/2022 at 5:40 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to have groups of followers travelling together, instead of single followers. Would this be possible? 

Yes - the traveling NPCs could be set as a target for a "Follow" package making it so that any other NPC given it would travel along. The biggest work would be how it should be handled - automatically added to any non-active followers in the area, only those assigned through dialogue and so on. A more immersive version could be setting up some sort of affinity system between followers so they "decide" for themselves which of the free followers they pick to tag along.

I have no plans to add it myself though but it shouldn't be too difficult to make as a stand-alone addon for those who want to give it a shot.

1 hour ago, LazyGirl said:

Yes - the traveling NPCs could be set as a target for a "Follow" package making it so that any other NPC given it would travel along. The biggest work would be how it should be handled - automatically added to any non-active followers in the area, only those assigned through dialogue and so on. A more immersive version could be setting up some sort of affinity system between followers so they "decide" for themselves which of the free followers they pick to tag along.

I have no plans to add it myself though but it shouldn't be too difficult to make as a stand-alone addon for those who want to give it a shot.

Well, that's great! Some of my followers are my own player characters, which I divided in eight teams (that is, eight playthroughs) travelling the world. But when I use this mod to simulate their travels (as npcs in each playthrough) they travel alone. If I could make groups and put them in these groups, it would be even more immersive, as I would be able to simulate the other playthroughs. Good to know it is possible! 

Edited by Wolfstorm321
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 5:10 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

Well, that's great! Some of my followers are my own player characters, which I divided in eight teams (that is, eight playthroughs) travelling the world. But when I use this mod to simulate their travels (as npcs in each playthrough) they travel alone. If I could make groups and put them in these groups, it would be even more immersive, as I would be able to simulate the other playthroughs. Good to know it is possible! 

like this? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19468

Seconded regarding Follower Slavery Mod as an alternate outcome to a failed quest for followers. I think an optional patch for that mod might be very interesting. Bane Master also posted a tutorial as well to link to the event of that mod.

So if LazyGirl is not interested, hopefully someone else can try to take a crack at it

Here, everytime I test this the 1st follower I send in a trip gets stuck, sometimes I get the message he accepted a quest, but he doesn't move (he just stays where he was when I used the topic to send him in a trip).

Any follower after the 1st works normally.

But what's worse is that even if I cancel the trip of the 1st one and then tell him to follow me, he says yes, but just stays here indefinitely, frozen in place.

No idea what happens, it's while using nff but I dismiss them 1st from nff before sending them anywhere.

I'll just avoid the mod for now then... !

On 8/7/2022 at 9:49 PM, zelurker said:

Here, everytime I test this the 1st follower I send in a trip gets stuck, sometimes I get the message he accepted a quest, but he doesn't move (he just stays where he was when I used the topic to send him in a trip).

Any follower after the 1st works normally.

But what's worse is that even if I cancel the trip of the 1st one and then tell him to follow me, he says yes, but just stays here indefinitely, frozen in place.

No idea what happens, it's while using nff but I dismiss them 1st from nff before sending them anywhere.

I'll just avoid the mod for now then... !

I haven't really made any changes to how the travel system work and it's the first report of this happening so it's likely something specific in your game. You could try the original Oldrim version on Nexusmods, maybe it works better for you.

On 7/23/2022 at 2:43 AM, LazyGirl said:

Hi LazyGirl. Do you mind leading me to the right direction if I'm interested in adding this feature? Perhaps some tutorials and resources for someone with minimal scripting experience.

• 1 month later...

Hey LazyGirl, could you make it so captured followers are put in cages or restrained and stat in one place instead of walking about in the enemy's base camp? Maybe even a chance of them being executed/hanged after a certain time if you don't come rescue them.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a quick and dirty edit of the script to allow FSM to take hold of the follower if they get captured.

I didn't completely test it yet, but it should work?

Edit: Updated the script. Noticed that since I didn't add them to the prisoner faction they kept going on trips even though they were "captured". The enslaved actor is just going to be removed from FGT in general to make it easy. You'll have to tell them to go on a trip again after you free them.

fgtbountyquestactor.psc FGTBountyQuestActor.pex

Edited by Mushano
Script Update
1 hour ago, Mushano said:

Here's a quick and dirty edit of the script to allow FSM to take hold of the follower if they get captured.

fgtbountyquestactor.psc 6.15 kB · 1 download FGTBountyQuestActor.pex 8 kB · 1 download

Haven't got FGT installed in current game but this is a great idea and I'll give it a go when I eventually can.

Hope this goes well for you

DQW

8 hours ago, ni1by2 said:

Just to chexk how this would work - would you add these to the `scripts` folder in FGT?

Yep. Just replace the fgtbountyquestactor.pex file from FGT with the one above. The .psc file is provided so you can see the source code/changes done to it.

15 hours ago, ni1by2 said:

Just to chexk how this would work - would you add these to the `scripts` folder in FGT?

If you use MO2, put the two files in a folder called 'scripts', compress that to a zip file, put it in your source mods folder, and install it as a new mod. 

Place it below the original mod, and you can then activate it and it should show up that the .pex script overwrites the original  (the .pex one won't if installed like that, but you only need it to look at if you want to see the content) 

You can then switch the revised script ON or OFF as you want

• 3 months later...

I

On 6/27/2023 at 1:54 AM, (\x.x x) (\x.x x) said:

Has anyone tried out Mushano's patches and is so kind as to report their experience?

I tried it out, as per DonQuiQho's suggestions. It didn't seem to be working, but I haven't tried it with the most up-to-date version of FSM. What's your experience been?

On 7/1/2023 at 2:49 AM, (\x.x x) (\x.x x) said:

Sorry, I didn't wanna try until at least somebody claims that it works. 

I tested it out myself today and it worked for me. I also am not using the latest version of FSM, but i think im only 1 version behind. Follower tried to take a bandit bounty, i cranked up the difficulty so they would fail, then they got enslaved by the bandit. When i got there to rescue her the master using slaves feature from FSM worked, but its possible something weird would have happened if i hadnt killed them quickly, or if there were more bandits, or if they sold her/escape, etc. She went back to her trip after I killed the owner

Point is, it worked in its most basic functionality, havent tested more than that. I use NFF and have 3 followers, I dismissed the one before i sent her on the trip but NFF did auto add her back in when i rescued her

Does anyone know if followers can randomly decide to go on trips, or do they need to be sent?

Edit: For anyone wanting to know more about how it works, it seems completely stable and functional to me. Just click cancel trip after they get captured to make sure nothing funny happens, they might keep going on trips while technically being captured. This will teleport them to you but they will teleport back to their master after a sec

Edited by johnhamm
1 hour ago, johnhamm said:

Does anyone know if followers can randomly decide to go on trips, or do they need to be sent?

Never seen it happen and I'm on something like 300 hours (and 6 game years) in to the long playthrough.

On 2/27/2023 at 4:34 PM, Mushano said:

fgtbountyquestactor.psc 6.15 kB · 30 downloads FGTBountyQuestActor.pex 8 kB · 35 downloads

Do we add these to FSM or to Trip, or their own folder as a mod? Just want to make sure before altering my main load. Not used to altering scripts.

Edited by threp
5 hours ago, threp said:

Do we add these to FSM or to Trip, or their own folder as a mod? Just want to make sure before altering my main load. Not used to altering scripts.

You could add it as a separate mod and load it after the original in MO if you wanted to, just get the file path correct. I just opened FGT in explorer and replaced the script completely. Easy enough to undo if it didn't work, just reinstall the mod

3 minutes ago, johnhamm said:

You could add it as a separate mod and load it after the original in MO if you wanted to, just get the file path correct. I just opened FGT in explorer and replaced the script completely. Easy enough to undo if it didn't work, just reinstall the mod

Thank you. Seems easy enough to do and revert if needed.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:34 AM, Mushano said:

fgtbountyquestactor.psc 6.15 kB · 32 downloads FGTBountyQuestActor.pex 8 kB · 37 downloads

Thanks for the addon, it works pretty well and I haven't noticed anything unstable about it. How did you get the .psc file? I've been wanting to get into editing mods to make them do what I want but I can't figure out how to get .psc from a .pex, or how to compile it again after that. I was hoping to edit this mod to recognise bounties from the bounty quests redone mod but I'm not sure where to start

Edited by johnhamm