6 hours ago, johnhamm said:

Thanks for the addon, it works pretty well and I haven't noticed anything unstable about it. How did you get the .psc file? I've been wanting to get into editing mods to make them do what I want but I can't figure out how to get .psc from a .pex, or how to compile it again after that. I was hoping to edit this mod to recognise bounties from the bounty quests redone mod but I'm not sure where to start

Either the psc file is provided by the mod author, or you have to use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35307/

On 7/6/2023 at 10:37 PM, johnhamm said:

Thanks for the addon, it works pretty well and I haven't noticed anything unstable about it. How did you get the .psc file? I've been wanting to get into editing mods to make them do what I want but I can't figure out how to get .psc from a .pex, or how to compile it again after that. I was hoping to edit this mod to recognise bounties from the bounty quests redone mod but I'm not sure where to start

It depends on the author of the mod if they include the source files for their work or not. In this case, LazyGirl did include the source files so I was able to modify them and recompile them using Papyrus Compiler. Follower Slavery Mod was also created in such a way that you could push events to it from another mod.

From what I can see about Bounty Quests Redone, there are a ton of scripts involved. It doesn't touch the vanilla bounties unless you use a toggle, so unfortunately FGT would probably not do anything by itself because FGT just pulls from the vanilla bounty list. It might take a lot of work to find out what script does what before you can modify it and try to add it to FGT.

Also, I updated the script. It was slightly broken. Since I didn't add them to the prisoner faction they kept going on trips even though they were "captured".

Edited by Mushano
48 minutes ago, Mushano said:

It depends on the author of the mod if they include the source files for their work or not. In this case, LazyGirl did include the source files so I was able to modify them and recompile them using Papyrus Compiler. Follower Slavery Mod was also created in such a way that you could push events to it from another mod.

From what I can see about Bounty Quests Redone, there are a ton of scripts involved. It doesn't touch the vanilla bounties unless you use a toggle, so unfortunately FGT would probably not do anything by itself because FGT just pulls from the vanilla bounty list. It might take a lot of work to find out what script does what before you can modify it and try to add it to FGT.

Also, I updated the script. It was slightly broken. Since I didn't add them to the prisoner faction they kept going on trips even though they were "captured".

Ah ok, I thought it might be as simple as adding some quest IDs to a list, but after seeing how BQR works in game I can tell its more complicated than that. I had noticed the follower prisoner trip bug after playing with it for awhile because I've been manually stopping their trips after they get enslaved, but they were often just walking around somewhere randomly still. I had been doing that so another follower on a trip would try the bounty quest when the first one gets captured, because otherwise it considers the captured follower as still taking the bounty quest.

I also noticed a bug at one point where a follower was constantly accepting a bounty quest, walking out of the city, then abandoning it and walking back in on a loop. That sounds more like it was just a flaw in the original mod though. Thanks for the patch though! Loving it in action, but now I have to see if I can find some way around the 6 slave cap for FSM lol. I haven't tested it yet, but do you think there's a chance that the prisoner faction could interfere with the selling slaves feature from FSM? 

Edited by johnhamm
15 minutes ago, johnhamm said:

Ah ok, I thought it might be as simple as adding some quest IDs to a list, but after seeing how BQR works in game I can tell its more complicated than that. I had noticed the follower prisoner trip bug after playing with it for awhile because I've been manually stopping their trips after they get enslaved, but they were often just walking around somewhere randomly still. I had been doing that so another follower on a trip would try the bounty quest when the first one gets captured, because otherwise it considers the captured follower as still taking the bounty quest.

I also noticed a bug at one point where a follower was constantly accepting a bounty quest, walking out of the city, then abandoning it and walking back in on a loop. That sounds more like it was just a flaw in the original mod though. Thanks for the patch though! Loving it in action, but now I have to see if I can find some way around the 6 slave cap for FSM lol. I haven't tested it yet, but do you think there's a chance that the prisoner faction could interfere with the selling slaves feature from FSM? 

Yeah, I noticed that bug too. I think it was always a possibility in the vanilla FGT that never got fixed. I just dismissed them and had the follower try again to fix it.

The 6 slave cap thing is something encoded into FSM and it would take a lot of work to extend. There's a hidden quest every time a follower gets enslaved and they get assigned a certain AI package from 1-6 to ensure they follow the correct master. They also have 4 distinct behaviours, so there's actually 4x6=24 different AI packages in FSM. Extending the 6 slave limit would require making 4 more AI packages for each additional slave. I'm sure there's also more that I'm forgetting to just get one slave involved. In general, it's not something trivial to do so that's why Bane Master probably just limited it to 6.

FSM selling them might cause a problem... According to the original FGT script, the slave only gets released from the faction when the bounty quest is complete. Trying to think of a way to solve the issue, but it seems like removing them from FGT is the easiest option... So I'll do that...

33 minutes ago, Mushano said:

Yeah, I noticed that bug too. I think it was always a possibility in the vanilla FGT that never got fixed. I just dismissed them and had the follower try again to fix it.

The 6 slave cap thing is something encoded into FSM and it would take a lot of work to extend. There's a hidden quest every time a follower gets enslaved and they get assigned a certain AI package from 1-6 to ensure they follow the correct master. They also have 4 distinct behaviours, so there's actually 4x6=24 different AI packages in FSM. Extending the 6 slave limit would require making 4 more AI packages for each additional slave. I'm sure there's also more that I'm forgetting to just get one slave involved. In general, it's not something trivial to do so that's why Bane Master probably just limited it to 6.

FSM selling them might cause a problem... According to the original FGT script, the slave only gets released from the faction when the bounty quest is complete. Trying to think of a way to solve the issue, but it seems like removing them from FGT is the easiest option... So I'll do that...

Just tested it out and when my follower was sold to balgruuf from a forsworn. She kept trying to run out of dragonsreach, i assume back to the forsworn, every time I TPed her to dragonsreach

On 7/9/2023 at 8:19 PM, Mushano said:

Awesome, gonna go and download the updated scripts now. Much appreciated.

Any chance you could look into integrating FSM with Yamete Kudasai / Acheron? It's one of the newer defeat mods, and the least buggy of the lot. Would be hugely appreciated if possible, but no worries if not - the update to FGT is plenty.

4 hours ago, ni1by2 said:

Awesome, gonna go and download the updated scripts now. Much appreciated.

Any chance you could look into integrating FSM with Yamete Kudasai / Acheron? It's one of the newer defeat mods, and the least buggy of the lot. Would be hugely appreciated if possible, but no worries if not - the update to FGT is plenty.

I thought Yamete Kudasai alraedy had a FSM plugin? That's what I remember anyway... Maybe it was the redux version?

About Acheron,

seems to have integrated FSM along with Acheron in it, so perhaps that would be the best route for Acheron.

• 5 weeks later...

My followers have stopped taking bounties unless I cancel their trips, recruit them, send them on a trip, and then part ways. Then they will do one bounty, but if I want another after that I have to repeat the process. If they fail the bounty and get captured no other followers on trips will attempt it after that. They used to work properly but stopped at some point, is there a way to restart the mod with console? There are a bunch of quests associated with the mod so I'm afraid of touching any of them without knowing how it works. I've tried the reset button in MCM but it didn't fix the issue

Edited by johnhamm
On 8/14/2023 at 6:52 AM, johnhamm said:

My followers have stopped taking bounties unless I cancel their trips, recruit them, send them on a trip, and then part ways. Then they will do one bounty, but if I want another after that I have to repeat the process. If they fail the bounty and get captured no other followers on trips will attempt it after that. They used to work properly but stopped at some point, is there a way to restart the mod with console? There are a bunch of quests associated with the mod so I'm afraid of touching any of them without knowing how it works. I've tried the reset button in MCM but it didn't fix the issue

Hmm... I'm honestly not sure, but I tried to fix a possible issue with it, so maybe this updated one will help?

FGTBountyQuestActor.pex fgtbountyquestactor.psc

6 hours ago, Mushano said:

Hmm... I'm honestly not sure, but I tried to fix a possible issue with it, so maybe this updated one will help?

FGTBountyQuestActor.pex 8.88 kB · 1 download fgtbountyquestactor.psc 6.84 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for trying, youre practically the unofficial mod dev at this point lol. I'll test this out, but one thing I completely forgot to mention about that issue was that after that one bounty they would do after the reset it would say " has taken on a bounty", as in the regular message but with a blank space where the name of the follower should be. Maybe it thought that there was a follower that didn't actually exist? 

I did uninstall, clean, and reinstall the mod which got rid of that problem already, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came back

• 1 month later...

That's really amazing mod

Can I make a request?

Right now we can just send 24 followers to a trip

Is it possible to increase this number limit to 100? 200? or even more? (i'm not kidding). I have a follower army and i'd like to send all to a trip ?

I know a little about programming, so I could perhaps make a patch myself to increase the number. Even so, I would need the help of mod creator @LazyGirl to at least show me the way how to do it

My second request would be add a option to send all current followers to a trip (without having to talk to each of them)
Suppose that through the Nether Framework mod you have 10 followers. Using an option "Send all followers to a trip" would activate it for all of them.

Edited by Azrael00
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, phobos33 said:

Will the followers make a trip to a custom map added by another mod or is it only main map only? Do tell me if I can edit ro make changes

That's a long time ago, and a while since I used this mod.  I honestly don't know/can't remember what happens in the circs you describe

Sorry not to be able to be more helpful

DQW

1 hour ago, DonQuiWho said:

That's a long time ago, and a while since I used this mod.  I honestly don't know/can't remember what happens in the circs you describe

DQW

No problem. Thanks for the response 

2 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

DQW

Do you happen to know a mod in which I can send my follower or any npc to assassinate another npc on any part of the map through combat and not one hit kill?

On 8/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, Mushano said:

FGTBountyQuestActor.pex 8.88 kB · 63 downloads fgtbountyquestactor.psc 6.84 kB · 43 downloads

Just tried this patch and unfortunately still getting the bounty loop (follower gets captured, enslaved, leaves bounty, then starts up the bounty again), not sure if its something on my end or if the problem has just persisted in the patch. 

Has anyone else had any luck?

• 2 months later...

I love this mod, and I have had some fun testing it. It is pretty cool to come across a follower fighting someone on the road, or they show up out of the blue to help you. I even once had a bounty quest that got stuck/broken (it was Missives or The Notice Board SE, can't remember). So I sent some followers to go do it and it took a long time, but the quest eventually got completed!

But I have a question:

If we have our followers going out doing stuff, does that take away things we may want to do ourselves? Will the follower clear some place that we may want to clear? Or kill somebody we may want to fight ourselves?