5 hours ago, Maxrevolver said:

I'm sorry to be dense, but how do we use this?  Does it just give follower-type NPCs wander packages, do we have to specifically tell them to go, do we have to recruit them first...?

It adds two dialogue options to pretty much any NPC - "Enjoy your trip" to send them off and "come back" (or something similar) to stop their travels.

Installed this yesterday, because it sounded interesting from the description and kinda safe if one configures it right. No problems so far - i'll keep an eye on it.

Question: Would it be much work to let the player be more specific on what kinda trip they should go? Like telling them to go on a quest, telling them to stay in the current city, and so on. I'm asking because i have some followers i'd love to have a life in the city while i'm away/busy, but don't want them to travel the country. I realize of course this could easily turn into scope-creep (everyone will be asking you to implement his preferred task). So maybe just some basic constraints would do it:

1. Do whatever you like

2. Go questing

3. Go hunting

4. Stay around the nearest city

Options 1-3 could lead to a second dialog, where one can tell them when they should be back (number of days).

Too difficult to implement?

On 3/15/2021 at 8:30 PM, lynak said:

Installed this yesterday, because it sounded interesting from the description and kinda safe if one configures it right. No problems so far - i'll keep an eye on it.

Question: Would it be much work to let the player be more specific on what kinda trip they should go? Like telling them to go on a quest, telling them to stay in the current city, and so on. I'm asking because i have some followers i'd love to have a life in the city while i'm away/busy, but don't want them to travel the country. I realize of course this could easily turn into scope-creep (everyone will be asking you to implement his preferred task). So maybe just some basic constraints would do it:

1. Do whatever you like

2. Go questing

3. Go hunting

4. Stay around the nearest city

Options 1-3 could lead to a second dialog, where one can tell them when they should be back (number of days).

Too difficult to implement?

The mod uses aliases and related functionality heavily to find and assign locations which I haven't worked with before.  Strictly theoretically speaking, if anyone wants to dig into it:

Location filtering is done by keywords so it's possible one can add a faction to the NPC (like "factionDoNotGoToTemple") and add a check so anyone with it doesn't go to, well, temples. To get it on the NPC it's just a matter of adding a script to the dialogue that does it when the related option is picked.

Then it's something like adding a second check "subject isInFaction factionDoNotGoToTemple == 0" and run the LocTypeTemple check if it's true to the location searcher/alias. I attached an image to show how it looks in one of the them. Each NPC have five = five possible locations they can visit in each trip round.

For whatever you like there isn't any need to make any changes. For questing only you'd want to filter so only the locations matching quest enables areas are visited (I suspect it's LocTypeHold). For hunting there isn't any wilderness keyword that I can see to use but there's for LocTypeAnimalDen, LocTypeFarm and some other that could be utilized instead. For cities only visits it's the probably the LocTypeCity.

locAlias.jpg

2 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

The mod uses aliases and related functionality heavily to find and assign locations which I haven't worked with before.  Strictly theoretically speaking, if anyone wants to dig into it:

Location filtering is done by keywords so it's possible one can add a faction to the NPC (like "factionDoNotGoToTemple") and add a check so anyone with it doesn't go to, well, temples. To get it on the NPC it's just a matter of adding a script to the dialogue that does it when the related option is picked.

Then it's something like adding a second check "subject isInFaction factionDoNotGoToTemple == 0" and run the LocTypeTemple check if it's true to the location searcher/alias. I attached an image to show how it looks in one of the them. Each NPC have five = five possible locations they can visit in each trip round.

For whatever you like there isn't any need to make any changes. For questing only you'd want to filter so only the locations matching quest enables areas are visited (I suspect it's LocTypeHold). For hunting there isn't any wilderness keyword that I can see to use but there's for LocTypeAnimalDen, LocTypeFarm and some other that could be utilized instead. For cities only visits it's the probably the LocTypeCity.

locAlias.jpg

Interesiting. That's actually more advanced than what i remember from the Oblivion CK (did some modding myself back then). On the other hand, the complete lack of wilderness "waypoints" (aliases) is surprising: All the travellers on the roads are literarily just going from settlement to settlement? They have no in-between waypoints to use? With how big and old skyrim is, i'm surprised neither beth nor modders have created a set of wilderness points which mods can use for giving actors a life.

So I ran into a strange issue recently. Followers who were wandering keep wandering but when I tell the come back, they keep wandering. I read that I should reset actors in this instance but it seems that the MCM for FGT is blank when I select it. Any idea what I should do to fix this? The mod works in the aspect of NPCs wandering and coming back but for some reason it decided to break randomly while playing. Thanks in advance for the help :) 

Note: everything else works fine. Just some npcs seem to have gotten stuck that were wandering, and I'm just trying to reset them.

10 hours ago, Villianize said:

So I ran into a strange issue recently. Followers who were wandering keep wandering but when I tell the come back, they keep wandering. I read that I should reset actors in this instance but it seems that the MCM for FGT is blank when I select it. Any idea what I should do to fix this? The mod works in the aspect of NPCs wandering and coming back but for some reason it decided to break randomly while playing. Thanks in advance for the help :) 

Note: everything else works fine. Just some npcs seem to have gotten stuck that were wandering, and I'm just trying to reset them.

Try restarting the MCM menu, in console type

"resetquest fgtmcmquest"

"stopquest fgtmcmquest"

"startquest fgtmcmquest"

and see if that gets it working again. Failing that you can bring back the followers to your location manually

Type "help fgtwandererquest" in console, it will list all quests managing travels.

Then type "sqv nameOfQuestHere", that will display the aliases in the quest and what they contain. Look at the last bit "Actor".

If it says 00BAB for example type "prid 00BAB" to target the actor. Follow up with "moveto player" to have them teleport to you.

After that type "stopquest nameOfQuestHere" to shut it down along with the package that enables travel.

Then it's up to you if you want to reinstall the mod (you need to do a "clean" reinstall if you do) or just avoid using it for that playthrough.

10 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Try restarting the MCM menu, in console type

"resetquest fgtmcmquest"

"stopquest fgtmcmquest"

"startquest fgtmcmquest"

and see if that gets it working again. Failing that you can bring back the followers to your location manually

Type "help fgtwandererquest" in console, it will list all quests managing travels.

Then type "sqv nameOfQuestHere", that will display the aliases in the quest and what they contain. Look at the last bit "Actor".

If it says 00BAB for example type "prid 00BAB" to target the actor. Follow up with "moveto player" to have them teleport to you.

After that type "stopquest nameOfQuestHere" to shut it down along with the package that enables travel.

Then it's up to you if you want to reinstall the mod (you need to do a "clean" reinstall if you do) or just avoid using it for that playthrough.

You saved me! It fixed the problem ?

42 minutes ago, Bruno von Hagen said:

Hi!

I love the mod, really immersive ;)

One question though:

My MCM Menu is empty - how do i get the menu with the adjustables, please?

Greetings!

Did you update from/had the original version installed in the game before?

Try the "resetquest" thing I wrote in my previous post

On 3/17/2021 at 10:50 PM, lynak said:

Interesiting. That's actually more advanced than what i remember from the Oblivion CK (did some modding myself back then). On the other hand, the complete lack of wilderness "waypoints" (aliases) is surprising: All the travellers on the roads are literarily just going from settlement to settlement? They have no in-between waypoints to use? With how big and old skyrim is, i'm surprised neither beth nor modders have created a set of wilderness points which mods can use for giving actors a life.

I just took a quick look, there's probably other ways to get wilderness locations. As for the travelers, yes they use packages with points set to the settlements as targets I believe. 

Thinking about it it might be possible to re-use those as traveling points. Then add the NPC to the hunter faction, should make them hostile towards wildlife.  The follower would then travel between settlements hunting anything they come across.

Again just theories. The alias system is pretty powerful, especially since it does it all script free, but not entirely intuitive to learn so I never looked into it much.

18 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Did you update from/had the original version installed in the game before?

Try the "resetquest" thing I wrote in my previous post

Hi!

Thank you for reacting to my Prob.

- I had the LE Version installed, first

- Updated from the origanl Mod´s site the SE-Link (the old menu was fully displayed)

- I deaktivated FGoT, installed your latest link and activated it in MO2

- Now i have a MCM Menu wich is empty

Tryd the console method - did not work

(by the way, what does "quest" stand for in the console command? Do i have to insert a specific quest title instead of just writting the word "quest"?

..sorry for the stupid question, i am only trying to figure the problem from ground out)

Then i completely deleted the mod and the download link in MO2 and installed your latest, provided link.

That is called a "clean, fresh install", right?  (i´m not so familiar with these insider slangs)

After the new installment the mod is shown in the MCM-Menu but empty, unfortunately.

These are the steps i did.

Do you see any mistakes, i might have done, so far?

19 minutes ago, Bruno von Hagen said:

Hi!

Thank you for reacting to my Prob.

- I had the LE Version installed, first

- Updated from the origanl Mod´s site the SE-Link (the old menu was fully displayed)

- I deaktivated FGoT, installed your latest link and activated it in MO2

- Now i have a MCM Menu wich is empty

Tryd the console method - did not work

(by the way, what does "quest" stand for in the console command? Do i have to insert a specific quest title instead of just writting the word "quest"?

..sorry for the stupid question, i am only trying to figure the problem from ground out)

Then i completely deleted the mod and the download link in MO2 and installed your latest, provided link.

That is called a "clean, fresh install", right?  (i´m not so familiar with these insider slangs)

After the new installment the mod is shown in the MCM-Menu but empty, unfortunately.

These are the steps i did.

Do you see any mistakes, i might have done, so far?

The problem is likely the previous version menu script is baked into your save. The menu options in that doesn't match the ones in this version so it can't find anything to show.

You have to either clean it out using FallrimTools or reset the quest that has it attached. That's what the "resetquest" guide posted earlier does. The name of the quest controlling the menu is "fgtmcmquest" so type the three commands exactly as written.

Another option you can try is to load the save, then run "reloadscript fgtconfigure" in console (do NOT save after this) and then load the save again.

8 minutes ago, LazyGirl said:

The problem is likely the previous version menu script is baked into your save. The menu options in that doesn't match the ones in this version so it can't find anything to show.

You have to either clean it out using FallrimTools or reset the quest that has it attached. That's what the "resetquest" guide posted earlier does. The name of the quest controlling the menu is "fgtmcmquest" so type the three commands exactly as written.

Another option you can try is to load the save, then run "reloadscript fgtconfigure" in console (do NOT save after this) and then load the save again.

..will try.

Inform you later about my "results" *smile

9 minutes ago, LazyGirl said:

..forgot to ask you what will happen if start a new game?

shoudn´t the scripts of your updated version "over-bake" the old ones?

Then i just start a new game - wasn´t on a playthrough, anyway ;)

2 minutes ago, Bruno von Hagen said:

..forgot to ask you what will happen if start a new game?

shoudn´t the scripts of your updated version "over-bake" the old ones?

Then i just start a new game - wasn´t on a playthrough, anyway ;)

New game is fine. No, Skyrim doesn't replace a script if it finds a new version. First version it loads that's what it sticks to. You probably seen a few mods mentioning it's "safe to update", that usually means the scripts used hasn't changed enough for the users to have to force a reload.

It's not really hard to do but there can be more or less severe problems if messed up so a new game is always the safest bet 

8 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

New game is fine. No, Skyrim doesn't replace a script if it finds a new version. First version it loads that's what it sticks to. You probably seen a few mods mentioning it's "safe to update", that usually means the scripts used hasn't changed enough for the users to have to force a reload.

It's not really hard to do but there can be more or less severe problems if messed up so a new game is always the safest bet 

Hi LazyGirl,

it was the console command.

I only got the reading wrong ; "fgtmcmquest" all together in one word ;)

Sometimes i just have too much "input" in my head, making me a little idiotic *hahaha

Thank´s a lot for carering and the patience you had..

Chapeau!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I would like to ask for a feature about the female followers that get abducted on the trip can be affected by the Fertility mod impregnation from the faction they get abducted in order to get on haste on rescue them from there, hope u consider my request and thnx for keeping this mod alive, tyvm in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Short answer - Might work, believe I saw custom NPCs in one of the youtube videos for this mod

Long answer - Follower frameworks are tricky since they make so many changes to the NPC including equipment and dialogue management. It's usually here that conflicts can arise with custom followers using their own system - the NPC ends up in limbo where they're not recruited but don't act as dismissed either.

Behavior in this mod is handled differently however, outside the follower system, through packages. They work like a deck of cards, the package on top is what has control. Once it's removed the one under it reactivates. It's not disabled, removed or modified just overridden. The package stack idea is quite powerful yet simple and one of the things I say this engine does right.
Provided the custom follower is dismissed, in an idle state sandboxing somewhere, sending them off on a trip might very well work. This assuming the author hasn't specified their own custom sandbox package/behavior with critical functions under the assumption it'll never get overridden of course.

A mod like this should definitely be expanded on. Imagine the courier showing up with a letter, not for you but for your follower. Said follower then ask for a leave due to some private matter. Take Lydia for instance, she doesn't appear to have a background or a home she just spawn in as a quest reward. Giving thease people family relations would give them a reason to visit their families occasionally.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how or if this mod will effect Convenient Horses?   Around the same time I started to use FGT, my followers (within EFF) lost the dialogue option from CH and followers who already had horses no longer summon and ride their horse.  Is there a possible connection?