Hey I have an issue with this mod that I did not have previous to getting it and can't figure out how to stop it (if there is a way). Every time my character approaches a sleeping NPC she immediately gets put into a sex scene with the sleeping NPC. I have spontaneous addiction actions blocked already, so is there any way I can prevent this? I love this mod, but would have to get rid of it if I could just never get near sleeping NPCs again for fear of (in my view) ridiculous unprompted sex.

In addition, does anybody know where the lines of the "addiction thoughts" can be found and possibly modified or added onto? I know the answer might be the CK but I would like to check any viable alternative first. I love the idea of editing them to be more lewd and specific to the contents of my game. thanks!

On 3/16/2023 at 12:21 PM, throwawaynsfw52 said:

I can't seem to get the mod to work - It tells me i'm missing "Corruption.esp" which doesnt seem to be in any of the parts i downloaded

It's in the "-Scripts" download.

3 hours ago, reversepocketwatch said:

Hey I have an issue with this mod that I did not have previous to getting it and can't figure out how to stop it (if there is a way). Every time my character approaches a sleeping NPC she immediately gets put into a sex scene with the sleeping NPC. I have spontaneous addiction actions blocked already, so is there any way I can prevent this? I love this mod, but would have to get rid of it if I could just never get near sleeping NPCs again for fear of (in my view) ridiculous unprompted sex.

I'll be removing spontaneous sleep-sex from the next version since it's pretty awkward mechanically. And I am now working on the next version now that Devious Lore has been updated. Also I think the Block Actions check only works for actions that occur periodically, I should fix that in the next update too. For now you can either temporarily disable the addiction when you need too, or decrease your withdrawal with the Debug Mode in the MCM.

3 hours ago, reversepocketwatch said:

In addition, does anybody know where the lines of the "addiction thoughts" can be found and possibly modified or added onto? I know the answer might be the CK but I would like to check any viable alternative first. I love the idea of editing them to be more lewd and specific to the contents of my game. thanks!

Thoughts are stored as Messages in the plugin. You need either the creation kit or xEdit to edit them.

• 3 weeks later...

The mod is trying to use an overlay slot that is already being used by a different mod. You can go into Corruption's MCM and set that transformation to a different slot until you find one that isn't used. If you can't find a free slot, you'll have to increase the number of slots in the ini file.

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, chachijs said:

Is it safe to assume this is not for male PCs?

The current version is not themed towards male player characters with regards to the dialogue and messages, but I don't think there's anything that will prevent male characters from using the mod.

And a big part of the next update will add more support to male characters by changing the dialogue and other flavor text to make it gender neutral or adding variations for male and female characters.

Edited by Code Serpent
7 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

The current version is not themed towards male player characters with regards to the dialogue and messages, but I don't think there's anything that will prevent male characters from using the mod.

And a big part of the next update will add more support to male characters by changing the dialogue and other flavor text to make it gender neutral or adding variations for male and female characters.

Sorry to be a pain, but any idea when the update will be be? Week, month, year? Love this mod and been waiting for the new version after you posted your plans :)

22 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Sorry to be a pain, but any idea when the update will be be? Week, month, year? Love this mod and been waiting for the new version after you posted your plans :)

Honestly I have no idea. Grad school work and other real life events have made this year very chaotic, and I haven't even played or modded Skyrim (outside of writing some dialogue) for a few months. I do want to get this update done before the end of the summer though, and I might need to postpone some features or flavor text to a future version to get it finished by then.

9 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Honestly I have no idea. Grad school work and other real life events have made this year very chaotic, and I haven't even played or modded Skyrim (outside of writing some dialogue) for a few months. I do want to get this update done before the end of the summer though, and I might need to postpone some features or flavor text to a future version to get it finished by then.

Just release it when you are ready, I didn't want to be 'that guy' asked when it will be ready, but I remember you saying a while back its been over a year since Corruption has been updated. Mainly interested in what will compliment Bimbos mod :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oookay, I'm still trying to get back into skyrim modding after dealing with some shit these past few months, and after looking through what I have currently ready for the next Corruption update, I've realized it's mostly behind the scenes technical stuff that won't really affect users.

What I currently have ready is:

-Split the 'Objectification' Addiction into Chastity, Gag, Restraint, and Catsuit addictions.

-Changed how the addiction effects work. Negative Passive effects are still caused by Withdrawal, but Positive Passive effects are now caused by Addiction, and new abilities are added at high Corruption.

-Added a Willpower stat that will determine whether the player character will spontaneously act on their addictions.

-Wrote a bunch more flavor text for the mod, including a load of more 'thought' messages, as well as 'You've become addicted to...' and 'You've become corrupted by...' messages.

-Rewrote a load of dialogue to make it more suitable to male player characters.

-A lot of back end changes for stability and reliability.

What I have left to do is just a whole bunch of little changes and balancing things, as well as finishing up the dialogue overhaul.

Since I've kind of let this mod idle for a while, my original plan was to push out what other technical fixes I hadn't finished yet, then go straight into working on the transformation update. But, it might actually be better if I just prioritize the transformation update now to get back into the swing of things and finish up the 2.0 update with the rest of technical changes I have listed. This will of course mean the update might take even longer but I don't think you lot will miss out on anything that important.

Let me know what you all think.

Edited by Code Serpent

I suppose I should say what I'm planning on doing for this Transformation Update. Mostly what I'm going to be doing is making the system compatible with other mods that use NiOverride slots now that I know how to actually use them, and making the transformations more dynamic. So transformations won't have dedicated slots anymore, instead transformations will choose a limb to start at, and dynamically choose a slot to place that texture in. I'm also going to add 'slot ranges' to the MCM to limit the number of slots used by this mod, so other mods that apply overlays won't be overwritten.

Additionally, when more than one transformation is active then they will 'fight' over the player's body, ie both transformations will start by 'claiming' a limb, then they will spread to the torso, and then try to claim neighboring limbs. So this will cause a much more dynamic and interesting 'chimera' like system then how I currently have it where the transformations spread in an exact pattern and are overwritten in the exact same way.

I'm also going to try making UNP, CBBE, and Male versions of all transformations if possible, and I'll add the necessary framework for other modders to either replace transformation textures or add in new ones that I couldn't assemble myself.

24 minutes ago, Blo0dedEyes said:

Do you plan on maybe making the Willpower stat to be compatible with the one from Devious Followers?

Possibly...I am aware that a lot of other mods add something like a 'Willpower' stat, so I might add some options for Corruption to either read those stats in place of its own Willpower stat, or take an average of them, or something along those lines. I doubt I'll implement this in this upcoming update, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Code, I don't know if this is possible or if you would even want to consider doing but it's a suggestion I think may be cool. Is it possible to convert the message notifications from the flst into dialogue messages instead? I'd like to make voice files for all the addiction notices that I think may be useful for alot of people who are interested. 

4 hours ago, Suke23 said:

Hey Code, I don't know if this is possible or if you would even want to consider doing but it's a suggestion I think may be cool. Is it possible to convert the message notifications from the flst into dialogue messages instead? I'd like to make voice files for all the addiction notices that I think may be useful for alot of people who are interested. 

Hmm...I'm honestly not sure about that. It would take quite a lot of work on my end to transfer over all the thought messages to a dialogue system, and that system wouldn't be used at all until voices are added, since I prefer the messages being in the center of the screen rather than as a caption at the bottom. That said, it would be very cool to hear those thoughts said out loud by the player's character.

I think at the moment I'm not going to prioritize this, since I have a large enough update to work on as it is. But I might look into in the future.

10 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Hmm...I'm honestly not sure about that. It would take quite a lot of work on my end to transfer over all the thought messages to a dialogue system, and that system wouldn't be used at all until voices are added, since I prefer the messages being in the center of the screen rather than as a caption at the bottom. That said, it would be very cool to hear those thoughts said out loud by the player's character.

I think at the moment I'm not going to prioritize this, since I have a large enough update to work on as it is. But I might look into in the future.

No problem, I started looking at the corruptionplayerscript.psc I found where it may be possible to trigger sounds but I am not sure how to get it to work with each individual message as that's outside my range of scope. Would be a cool feature for sure, I hope you are able to get around to it at some point. If anything I try may work on a script update in the mean time but I don't have too much hope lol.

I figured I should actually give some progress updates here, at the very least so I have some pressure to push through this update. The first thing I want to show off is the new logo I'm going to be using for the mod. It's pretty damn cool.

Logo.thumb.png.79494c84485d39b2f5984fe20b4d55b9.png

The second thing I want to show off is progress on the transformation files. I think I'm effectively done with the updated 'Scaly' female transformation textures. I started with this one since I thought it would be the most difficult to pull off, so I'd get a handle on it quickly and can work through the others much faster.

image.png.9bffb8371a6910b5854f7b0dab705f7d.pngimage.png.817c0c22e1f7e334f52e6c6d72f7a026.png

In terms of script updates. I've made a lot of progress with the updated sex animation selection scripts, so the mod's addictions should recognize and select animations more intelligently. I can't really show off those scripts in picture form, but trust me, it's really cool.

This mod is amazing and my favorite of this type.

Just a couple of suggestions for addictions if you feel like implementing something like this:
- aggressive and non-aggressive sex addictions
- gender-neutral oral addiction (giving or receiving)

Editing to add that I would appreciate a save/load MCM option so much, if it's ever possible.

Edited by Altami
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an idea not sure if it is able to be done though. You have the milking corruption. What if you had a pregnancy corruption? the positives can be persuasion bonus Negatives could be you are in heat so your horniness speeds up. As for mutations maybe breeder tats considering breasts and belly is already covered by two other corruption.

4 hours ago, VaunWolfe said:

Just an idea not sure if it is able to be done though. You have the milking corruption. What if you had a pregnancy corruption? the positives can be persuasion bonus Negatives could be you are in heat so your horniness speeds up. As for mutations maybe breeder tats considering breasts and belly is already covered by two other corruption.

Bigger nipples would also be an interesting alternative, that and maybe stretch marks also.

8 hours ago, VaunWolfe said:

4 hours ago, Blo0dedEyes said:

Bigger nipples would also be an interesting alternative, that and maybe stretch marks also.

Hm, initially I wasn't interested in this since pregnancies take a lot of game time to progress and finish, so it would be hard to develop an 'addiction' around that. But the idea of instead using the system I have to basically add a 'mom-bod' transformation system sounds interesting. I honestly don't know how it would work right now but I'll think about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 7:51 PM, Code Serpent said:

Hm, initially I wasn't interested in this since pregnancies take a lot of game time to progress and finish, so it would be hard to develop an 'addiction' around that. But the idea of instead using the system I have to basically add a 'mom-bod' transformation system sounds interesting. I honestly don't know how it would work right now but I'll think about it.

There are pregnancy mods that either don't take much time by default (Egg Factory), or can easily (and I would guess that most users do this...) be configured to have shorter pregnancy lengths, such as SGO and Hentai Pregnancy. At the very least I would say that the concern that pregnancies take a lot of game time to progress shouldn't be a blocker, imo.

As always, stoked to see what you're doing to improve the mod. For a couple years Corruption was a permanent part of my load orders, and I can't wait until it's been updated!