Devious Devices Escape Overhaul

So its a great concept and I like alot of the way it works, except...

For some reason its scripting is a serious load on my game. I lost 30fps by installing the mod and the stuttering was awful. 

As I am not a programmer or modder myself I understand I don't have any idea what goes into making and scripting one of these mods.

However I do suggest you look at how the scripts handle things, as something that should only come into play about 5% to 10% of your play time should not eat a third of your system resources. 

If there is a way to log what was going on with my machine I wouldn't mind setting up a test profile to figure it out. 

I really hope you can work the kinks out of this mod because being able to really lockpick the devices is a big bonus.

Also setting individual difficulty on the types would be nice. Picking cuffs is easier then with a blindfold, but struggling out of a blindfold is way easier then slipping out of cuffs.

Eventually having face harness gags and blindfolds be harder would be fun too, as the straps would have made it much more difficult to struggle out of.

17 hours ago, powergame214 said:

So its a great concept and I like alot of the way it works, except...

For some reason its scripting is a serious load on my game. I lost 30fps by installing the mod and the stuttering was awful. 

I can't think of a reason why it would happen. I haven't experienced such issues myself. No scripts are running constantly, every script in the mod is bound to some kind of input. And even if something went wrong, you'd see it because all scripts have some kind of feedback. You could try enabling papyrus logging and ticking logging in the debug tab. Check the logs after that and report if you find anything related to the mod (search do DDEO).

17 hours ago, powergame214 said:

Also setting individual difficulty on the types would be nice. Picking cuffs is easier then with a blindfold, but struggling out of a blindfold is way easier then slipping out of cuffs.

Eventually having face harness gags and blindfolds be harder would be fun too, as the straps would have made it much more difficult to struggle out of.

Difficulty handling is left to DD, since it provides it in the form of escape chances. I have added customization only for devices which would actually affect your ability to interact with something. And the extra difficulty is kind of a 'leftover'. Initially I wanted to bind available escape options to these difficulty levels, but decided to go for separate toggles for each option.

Hi  @Shakx88,

I am wondering if you would want to adjust the maximum of the attributes to 400 or 500 in the mcm slide menu for Stamina, Health and Magicka treshold  ? Only if it's not a hassle to do, i don't want to burden you with this

Thanks for thinking about it

10 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

I am wondering if you would want to adjust the maximum of the attributes to 400 or 500 in the mcm slide menu for Stamina, Health and Magicka treshold  ?

The maximum is dynamic and equals to your attribute max value + 1. It should account for buffs as well.

I should probably switch it to double the value for convenience.

8 hours ago, Shakx88 said:

The maximum is dynamic and equals to your attribute max value + 1. It should account for buffs as well.

I should probably switch it to double the value for convenience.

Oh that is why i would get those values with the plus one, lol didnt know that :) Thank you !

Hi there,

I tried this mod and have some feedback and questions. In the DD the escaping is set to the hardest difficulty, but I'm not sure if you use that for anything (see below).

- Is it normal that the minigames switch to 1st person view? This way we lose the struggling animations, so I'd prefer if the camera would stay whereever it was.

- I set up the Bypass devices' setting to True in Main MCM. I set the Yokes to Hardcore in Devices MCM. I also disabled the Struggling and Lockpicking option for yokes.

A trap from Deviously Enchanted Chests equipped a Breast Yoke on my character. I used the escape hotkey and selected the Struggle option. After a few worst choices, I pressed the right button and my character slipped out of it. So something definitely not worked here as expected. (I don't have log.)

- After this I used a Restraint key to open a gag. This took like 3 times longer than escaping from the supposedly much harder yoke.

- There are several DDs not listed in the devices section, is that work in progress?

- Suggestion/request: Please consider adding the possibility to use these escape options on the follower. If the follower is hit by these traps, they get DDs on them and without key it is not possible to remove them. It would be logical if the player could remove these from the NPC, since she can (try to) remove them from herself.

- It would be nice to have an option to completely override the DD escape options. Now I can use both at the same time. So if my character is tired, I can just try the other mod's method.

- One more suggestion: If the player disables certain escape options for devices (like I did the Struggling for the yoke), then those options should not appear in the message box, when trying to escape. Of course this requires a new message if there are no valid options.

Peace,

M

3 hours ago, monsta88 said:

- Is it normal that the minigames switch to 1st person view? This way we lose the struggling animations, so I'd prefer if the camera would stay whereever it was.

It may have to do with the recent fix of blindfolds, I will take a look into the issue.

- I set up the Bypass devices' setting to True in Main MCM. I set the Yokes to Hardcore in Devices MCM. I also disabled the Struggling and Lockpicking option for yokes.

A trap from Deviously Enchanted Chests equipped a Breast Yoke on my character. I used the escape hotkey and selected the Struggle option. After a few worst choices, I pressed the right button and my character slipped out of it. So something definitely not worked here as expected. (I don't have log.)

This very yoke uses a different keyword. I will add proper handling for it. As to why the minigame behaved in such a way, I'm not sure.

- There are several DDs not listed in the devices section, is that work in progress?

I have only added the devices which would affect one's ability to escape in a certain way.

- Suggestion/request: Please consider adding the possibility to use these escape options on the follower. If the follower is hit by these traps, they get DDs on them and without key it is not possible to remove them. It would be logical if the player could remove these from the NPC, since she can (try to) remove them from herself.

This is planned for the next update.

- It would be nice to have an option to completely override the DD escape options. Now I can use both at the same time. So if my character is tired, I can just try the other mod's method.

Unfortunately, this will never happen because it requires modifying DD framework. It would make the mod incompatible with any updates of the framework.

1 hour ago, Shakx88 said:
5 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Unfortunately, this will never happen because it requires modifying DD framework. It would make the mod incompatible with any updates of the framework.

I saw another mod, which does something like that. Basically it sets the DD MCM to a certain setup and removes the option to change it. (tbh, I never tried it)

In your case you would need a deeper modification, but maybe not too complicated since you would need only to catch the event when the player clicks on the DD in the inventory and forward it to your mod instead. I'm not a modder, but for me it doesn't sound too complicated. I'll believe you though if you say that it is. :)

1 hour ago, Shakx88 said:
5 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Please consider adding the possibility to use these escape options on the follower.

This is planned for the next update.

Awesome! I think your mod will be the 1st to do that!

Peace,

M

Hi there,

I may have found an issue. (v0.5.2)

I asked my follower to remove a suit (Black Ebonite Hobble Dress (Extreme) (Open)), and use a Restraint key. She doesn't have a key, but I have a few. The issue is either that she won't remove the suit, or there is no message about not having a key. I'd say it is the former, as she still didn't do it when I gave her one. Her hand is free.

She wore earlier a strait jacket and she correctly couldn't do anything about helping my character.

I got another problem. I was doing one of the unlock with key minigames. Suddenly one of the DD anims triggered (You absent mindedly...) This rendered the minigame widget invisible. By the time it came back the key was broken, as I had no idea which buttons to press.

I was also thinking about the Devices MCM versus the removing the DDs from the follower without keys. As I see it, different settings is required for the NPCs (maybe the default from DD).

For example I set the Armbinders to not be able to Lockpick it (as I don't see how the character could reach the locks). But if the follower wears the Armbinder, my character can easily reach the locks, so the Lockpicking option should be available.

Peace,

M

52 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

For example I set the Armbinders to not be able to Lockpick it (as I don't see how the character could reach the locks). But if the follower wears the Armbinder, my character can easily reach the locks, so the Lockpicking option should be available.

The options affect the wearer.

I got another problem. I was doing one of the unlock with key minigames. Suddenly one of the DD anims triggered (You absent mindedly...) This rendered the minigame widget invisible. By the time it came back the key was broken, as I had no idea which buttons to press.

Go it. Will fix.

I asked my follower to remove a suit (Black Ebonite Hobble Dress (Extreme) (Open)), and use a Restraint key. She doesn't have a key, but I have a few. The issue is either that she won't remove the suit, or there is no message about not having a key. I'd say it is the former, as she still didn't do it when I gave her one. Her hand is free.

What exactly did happen? At what point did the mod fail? What was the last dialogue option you picked? What was the last dialogue line your follower said? What was the last message box you saw (if any)? Do you have logs available?

3 hours ago, Shakx88 said:
4 hours ago, monsta88 said:

What exactly did happen? At what point did the mod fail? What was the last dialogue option you picked? What was the last dialogue line your follower said? What was the last message box you saw (if any)? Do you have logs available?

I'm not sure how the dialog progresses, but something like this:

- ask follower to remove something

- got a list of worn items

- selected the Suit

- another question about removal method

- selected the use key

- I think she said okay, but then nothing happened.

I will pay more attention if it happens again. I don't have logs. I enabled logging now.

Edit: Here is the log

Spoiler

[02/26/2021 - 06:53:52PM] Found 0 nakedActors
[02/26/2021 - 06:53:52PM] slaScanner start time is ....2197.468994
[02/26/2021 - 06:53:52PM] Found 1 arousedActors
[02/26/2021 - 06:53:54PM] slaScanner end time is ....2199.357178
[02/26/2021 - 06:53:54PM] Next update in 120.000000
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:12PM] Cannot open store for class "DDEO_TIF__0800692F", missing file?
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:14PM] [DDEO]: EvaluateAction() called
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:14PM] [DDEO]: EvaluateAction() evaluating for [Actor < (7A029037)>]
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:14PM] [DDEO]: EvaluateAction() finished with CanPerformAction = 0
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:20PM] Cannot open store for class "DDEO_TIF__08008434", missing file?

The 7A029037 is the refid of my follower. She can't seem to be able to remove anything with or without key, not just the suit.

Failing lockpicking gives currently a messagebox afterwards, i think this is unnecessary and instead only annoying. I don't need to be told that my lockpick just broke ?

Is the npc dialog working yet? I've tried it a couple of times but they are never able to do anything to my devices. Using version 0.5.2. This feature instead should notify player of what happened. It could appear in top left scrolling text too instead of messagebox.

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Failing lockpicking gives currently a messagebox afterwards, i think this is unnecessary and instead only annoying. I don't need to be told that my lockpick just broke ?

If lock jamming is enabled, then the lock can jam and the messagebox will be different. That's why it's there.

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Is the npc dialog working yet? I've tried it a couple of times but they are never able to do anything to my devices. Using version 0.5.2.

It should be. Worked fine during testing. What exactly doesn't work?

21 minutes ago, Shakx88 said:

It should be. Worked fine during testing. What exactly doesn't work?

Well, i have tried it less than 10 times i think so i don't know if it would if i keep asking repeatedly. My devices aren't removed and NPC's aren't responding in any way after i select the way i want them to try remove it. I don't know how long it's supposed to take before it's fine to ask again for example, because they don't even say if their attempt failed. There is no animation to the cutting attempt either.

On 2/26/2021 at 10:09 PM, monsta88 said:

Edit: Here is the log

Reveal hidden contents

[02/26/2021 - 06:53:52PM] Found 0 nakedActors
[02/26/2021 - 06:53:52PM] slaScanner start time is ....2197.468994
[02/26/2021 - 06:53:52PM] Found 1 arousedActors
[02/26/2021 - 06:53:54PM] slaScanner end time is ....2199.357178
[02/26/2021 - 06:53:54PM] Next update in 120.000000
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:12PM] Cannot open store for class "DDEO_TIF__0800692F", missing file?
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:14PM] [DDEO]: EvaluateAction() called
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:14PM] [DDEO]: EvaluateAction() evaluating for [Actor < (7A029037)>]
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:14PM] [DDEO]: EvaluateAction() finished with CanPerformAction = 0
[02/26/2021 - 06:54:20PM] Cannot open store for class "DDEO_TIF__08008434", missing file?

The 7A029037 is the refid of my follower. She can't seem to be able to remove anything with or without key, not just the suit.

I think I've figured it out. Some scripts went missing because MO2 tends to randomly choose between the mod's folder and 'overwrite' folder, 

3 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Well, i have tried it less than 10 times i think so i don't know if it would if i keep asking repeatedly. My devices aren't removed and NPC's aren't responding in any way after i select the way i want them to try remove it. I don't know how long it's supposed to take before it's fine to ask again for example, because they don't even say if their attempt failed. There is no animation to the cutting attempt either.

Try updating the mod. Should fix the issue.

35 minutes ago, Shakx88 said:

Try updating the mod. Should fix the issue.

Thanks it did, they are responding and removing devices now.

I also happened to come up with an issue with it... Try equipping nipple piercings that come with attached collar, then put on chastity bra. Then try remove collar and then piercings. Both should show a "Something went completely wrong".

Is there a chance for playful/devious responses in the future? ;)

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

I also happened to come up with an issue with it... Try equipping nipple piercings that come with attached collar, then put on chastity bra. Then try remove collar and then piercings. Both should show a "Something went completely wrong".

I will look into it.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

Is there a chance for playful/devious responses in the future? ;)

I will throw in some simple ones when I'm done with the system itself. But don't expect anything too fancy or complex.

0.6.0 is out. Changelog:

Spoiler

- Added: PC can now remove restraints from NPCs.
 - Added: NPC interactions can now be disabled.
 - Added: NPC now handle manipulated devices properly.
 - Changed: When trying to escape a device on your own, if an escape method is not available, it will not be displayed.
 - Changed: Health/Stamina/Magicka weights' maximum values are now double the PC's max.
 - Fixed: The mod should now be able to select 'complex' devices based on their components (e.g. A collar with nipple chains should now be properly selected by both 'collar' and 'nipple piercings')
 - Fixed: DD's random events should no longer trigger during minigames.
 - Fixed: Unlocking minigame was using incorrect device properties for difficulty.
 - Fixed: Breast yoke should now be handled properly.
 - Fixed: Chastity devices will prevent interactions with piercings (damned inconsistencies in the framework).

20 hours ago, Shakx88 said:

0.6.0 is out. Changelog:

Hide contents

- Added: PC can now remove restraints from NPCs.
 - Added: NPC interactions can now be disabled.
 - Added: NPC now handle manipulated devices properly.
 - Changed: When trying to escape a device on your own, if an escape method is not available, it will not be displayed.
 - Changed: Health/Stamina/Magicka weights' maximum values are now double the PC's max.
 - Fixed: The mod should now be able to select 'complex' devices based on their components (e.g. A collar with nipple chains should now be properly selected by both 'collar' and 'nipple piercings')
 - Fixed: DD's random events should no longer trigger during minigames.
 - Fixed: Unlocking minigame was using incorrect device properties for difficulty.
 - Fixed: Breast yoke should now be handled properly.
 - Fixed: Chastity devices will prevent interactions with piercings (damned inconsistencies in the framework).

Trying to break open a device on a follower seems a bit bugged, after you enter the minigame, if you fail and get the notification for the device tightening, you can continue, but if you actually succeed and get the notification that you feel the device weaken, you automatically exit the minigame, and it becomes impossible to perform a minigame on the device again, neither the break it open or the lockpick minigame work after that.

16 minutes ago, ttpt said:

if you actually succeed and get the notification that you feel the device weaken, you automatically exit the minigame, and it becomes impossible to perform a minigame on the device again, neither the break it open or the lockpick minigame work after that.

I did only 1 test so far, but it worked for me. Have you tried to take the item from the inventory of the follower?

I didn't have a Piercing removal tool, but I could picklock it on my follower and then I could simply take it from her inventory.

3 hours ago, ttpt said:

Trying to break open a device on a follower seems a bit bugged, after you enter the minigame, if you fail and get the notification for the device tightening, you can continue, but if you actually succeed and get the notification that you feel the device weaken, you automatically exit the minigame, and it becomes impossible to perform a minigame on the device again, neither the break it open or the lockpick minigame work after that.

Fixed.