3 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

That is something I cannot recommend under ANY circumstances.

I have been trying to do so, and it has been an absolute NIGHTMARE!

Even trying to go back to NMM has gotten me nowhere!

Looks like starting fresh is the only option I have. Fuck.

What part, manual installation or moving to MO2, because moving to MO2 is HIGHLY recommended and is not difficult at all.  I highly recommend visiting the SkyrimMods subbreddit as it has a lot of information on the correct way to set up for modding Skyrim.

5 minutes ago, Racoonity, Serah said:

No, not for now, sorry.

Not until the mods becomes a bit more stable and we stop fixing bugs or changing what we have done already. ?

image.png.de1dc3d863b6fde7444b72fc8836b740.png

This is not necessarily directed at you Serah, just using your post to comment on the subject :)

Technically there is a way to completely wipe the information from a mod from the save, but it requires the user to be be familiar with some of the more advanced features of Falrim tools (There are caveats to this if the mod messes with vanilla quests. Someday I am going to research this topic because I am really curious about what changes really require a new save).  However, I do not recommend the casual user taking that route, especially for mod testing.  Having multiple saves going is so easy (especially with MO2) that it is always better to just create a profile for testing.  Just keep the starting point (the point before installing the mod you want to test) so that you can drop in the updates and try again.  Heck, with MO2 you can even have an entirely separate instance of MO2 just for your testing.

1 hour ago, Racoonity, Serah said:

Not if you always run FNIS first and Nemesis second.

Never noticed any issue, creatures work, SexLab works, mods requiring Nemesis work, but maybe you can tell me. ?

This is what I do. No problems so far here, either

After looking up MO2, I can see why people like it, and might consider it at some point. But honestly, I've never had problems with Vortex, with either this or any other mod I've ever used. Maybe the older versions were more clunky and had less features than now, but I don't really have any complaints. 

Small issue with Dollsuit.

Was looking at all the new things in the mod and dollsuit itself works but the hood does not.

Checked with TES5Edit and did see you link the Hood to a not existing nif file , it try to use RUBBER RESSOURCES/dollsuit/Dollsuit_Hood_1.nif but this file does not exist in the Download.

9 minutes ago, crazyduck said:

Small issue with Dollsuit.

Was looking at all the new things in the mod and dollsuit itself works but the hood does not.

Checked with TES5Edit and did see you link the Hood to a not existing nif file , it try to use RUBBER RESSOURCES/dollsuit/Dollsuit_Hood_1.nif but this file does not exist in the Download.

Are you sure you built the hood in BodySlide?

Are you sure it isn't RUBBER RESOURCES\Dollsuit\Dollsuit Hood_1.nif?

With no underscore between "dollsuit" and "hood".

3 hours ago, slvsaris said:

What part, manual installation or moving to MO2, because moving to MO2 is HIGHLY recommended and is not difficult at all.  I highly recommend visiting the SkyrimMods subbreddit as it has a lot of information on the correct way to set up for modding Skyrim.

Installing the program is fine. It's just moving everything to MO2 that has been a nightmare.
Not only are there so many mods I need to move over, there's also this "unregistered mod" list with all of my old mods on it. I can't do shit with that list.

And going back to NMM after the fiasco has gotten me nowhere too. I can't even use LAL anymore, let alone any mod period.

Skyrim is one of my absolute favourite games, and now I can't even play it!

5 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

Installing the program is fine. It's just moving everything to MO2 that has been a nightmare.
Not only are there so many mods I need to move over, there's also this "unregistered mod" list with all of my old mods on it. I can't do shit with that list.

And going back to NMM after the fiasco has gotten me nowhere too. I can't even use LAL anymore, let alone any mod period.

Skyrim is one of my absolute favourite games, and now I can't even play it!

You get the "unregistered mod" because you left the old mods in Skyrim's installation's folder.

You should reinstall the game and then redownload all the mods with MO2.

I did it too: I had like 200+ mods to move over, but the reward was way higher than the cost. ?

1 minute ago, Justgingeryt said:

What would be the best way to migrate everything over to MO2 from NNM?

Just now, Racoonity, Serah said:

You get the "unregistered mod" because you left the old mods in Skyrim's installation's folder.

I did it too: I had like 200+ mods to move over, but the reward was way higher than the cost. ?

This one, in my opinion. ?

Just now, Justgingeryt said:

That's a lot of work ?

To be fair, I've never had any issues with stability with NNM, a few CTD's every now and then, I'm pretty sure my file structure is all good too

That's the safest way, sorry ?

As I said, I did it too, and I would do it again, if necessary ?

10 minutes ago, Racoonity, Serah said:

This. Had to do the same with my Fallout 4 game as NMM messed up my game folder. Luckily I started modding Skyrim with MO1 so 1 time fixing the mess was enough. NMM is funny for a few mods for a novice that just wants to try some mods (I think it's focus lies on those players) But everything else it's just inferior. It takes some time to get it fully working but when you do MO2 is hands down the best tool for Skyrim and you wish you did it earlier.

13 minutes ago, Racoonity, Serah said:

I have 500+, and no matter which way I look at it, I'm screwed.

I don't even remember what half the mods I use are, and those I do I forget quite quickly.
And then of course, are my private mods, ones that AREN'T packed into zip files.

This whole thing is just one big nightmare, and I wish I could just wake up and pretend that I never tried to switch mod managers.

2 minutes ago, Justgingeryt said:

That's a lot of work ?

To be fair, I've never had any issues with stability with NNM, a few CTD's every now and then, I'm pretty sure my file structure is all good too

NMM's problem isn't stability as much as being limited.

You can only install mods in the game's directory and overwrite them.

With MO2 you install all mods in separate folders, which are temporarily merged in a virtual one when you start the game through it.

This allows you to switch the overwriting mods as will by a simple drag & drop, to see all conflicting files by double clicking and so much more!

6 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

I don't even remember what half the mods I use are, and those I do I forget quite quickly.
And then of course, are my private mods, ones that AREN'T packed into zip files.

This whole thing is just one big nightmare, and I wish I could just wake up and pretend that I never tried to switch mod managers.

You could see it as a chance to start over.

I bet you have a lot more experience in modding than when you started with NMM, so now you have the chance to make an even cleaner installation. ?

I don't know you, but I really like to manage mods (at times even more than playing, I know I'm weird ?)

1 minute ago, Racoonity, Serah said:

You could see it as a chance to start over.

I bet you have a lot more experience in modding than when you started with NMM, so now you have the chance to make an even cleaner installation. ?

I don't know you, but I really like to manage mods (at times even more than playing, I know I'm weird ?)

I'm gonna have to start over no matter which way I look at it, which really stings.

I'm not fond of mod management, so I feel that switching over was the biggest mistake of my life, besides being born, but that's another thing altogether. (I'm in a depression right now, so it's understandable that I'm gonna beat myself up.)

8 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

I'm gonna have to start over no matter which way I look at it, which really stings.

I'm not fond of mod management, so I feel that switching over was the biggest mistake of my life, besides being born, but that's another thing altogether. (I'm in a depression right now, so it's understandable that I'm gonna beat myself up.)

I hope you won't beat yourself too hard... ?

Spoiler

(There will be the Facility, if you think you'll need help for it ?)

Just now, HyperonicX said:

It's your damn facility that started this whole problem! (lol)

It sounds like an excellent marketing action! ?

(Just kidding, of course ?)

1 hour ago, HyperonicX said:

by any chance did you export a mod list from NMM (or backup the installation) at any time?

You can install mods into MO2 directly from the pc rather than download again - it will complain about missing mod info but you can fix that by a right click and 'download info' for those that have it. Your home baked mods can be zipped up and added manually using the same method.

I did the move over to MO2 and after *completely* screwing my installation one time - I did a total reinstall from scratch and I'm now running over 300 mods in a rock solid installation. I can drop in LL mods if I want a diversion whenever I like knowing full well just unticking (sorting and FNISing) gets me back to a known working installation. It's a complete pain when starting as everything is so different, and you NEED to integrate Loot, FNIS, Bodyslide et al INTO MO2 to have them work properly... but I would not go back now, it really is WAY easier to try out mods knowing full well they simply do not mess up the game folder (with the obvious SKSE exceptions)

Oh just make sure you are running the portable version and set your paths outside of %appdata%

Since i updated the 0.4 version of the facility i have a really hard time loading into the facility. Even though i restart a fresh save everytime i cant load into the facility. I managed to load once out of 15 attempts (restarting a new game everytime btw). I got all the requirements and patch so idk why it wont load (im just stuck on the loading screen forever)

3 minutes ago, Lekefeno said:

Since i updated the 0.4 version of the facility i have a really hard time loading into the facility. Even though i restart a fresh save everytime i cant load into the facility. I managed to load once out of 15 attempts (restarting a new game everytime btw). I got all the requirements and patch so idk why it wont load (im just stuck on the loading screen forever)

If you are on LE, install Crash Fixes, please.