12 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Please forgive my ignorance - what mod is that?

Diary of Mine.  You literally just liked a post of mine in the DoM support thread a few days ago, sillybilly!

11 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you for this. 

Avec plaisir!

11 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

DAR (Dynamic Animation Replacer) will do exactly that.  Before DAR, I used FNIS PCEA2 for unique PC animations.

I've never heard of PCEA2, but I'm broadly familiar with DAR.  It's always seemed like a much more powerful/intrusive tool than anything I really need—fishing with dynamite, if you like—but I've heard it doesn't really have much performance impact despite its scope, so maybe it'd be worth experimenting with it.  

12 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Anyway, a slave's idle is better handled by DAR than by this mod.  Players can choose their preferred idle and set up any desired conditions, such as different idles for home, city, or palace locations.

Maybe.  I'm not sure. 

My original idea was basically just an inversion of how it's used in DoM.  With DoM, while standing still, slaves periodically have a chance to play IdleHandsBehindBack.  The chance is based on their training.  So very well-trained slaves will typically assume the so-called "good slave" idle shortly after stopping, whereas untrained slaves might never do so.  Once you move, they leave the idle naturally; if you stop again, the timer resets, so to speak.

I'd think it would be possible for SLTR to replicate this behaviour with the PC.  I'm not sufficiently familiar with DAR configuration to know how closely one could come there, but I'd imagine that, even if you could set DAR up to check vkjSubmissionscore, you probably couldn't replicate the time-based element of its implementation.  

Since the TL;DR of my roleplaying frame (see signature below) is basically that my SLTR Mistress also owns my PAHE slaves—Antiope is Mistress's overseer, but she's still just one of the girls, y'know?—I really love anything that serves to better unify the portrayal of slaves and slavery between the sub-side world of SLTR and the domme-side world of PAHE.  But it's also just a pretty universally beloved idle among DoM users, and I think it'd be cute for the PC to use it similarly.

1 hour ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

It's always seemed like a much more powerful/intrusive tool than anything I really need—fishing with dynamite, if you like—but I've heard it doesn't really have much performance impact despite its scope, so maybe it'd be worth experimenting with it. 

DAR serves as a framework.  It's an SKSE plugin (no ESP file).  If there's nothing in the animation DynamicAnimationReplacer folder, it does nothing.

It's useful for mod developers because it provides support for conditionally changing animations -- no need to reinvent the wheel for each mod that needs to do that.  It's useful for players because it allows easy animation replacement with no scripting, no mod writing, no mod slot used, no need to even run FNIS.  It's nice.

Sneak peak of an upcoming new feature, a secondary title for the owner.

- It is mainly used by you when you greet your owner, such as in the "Master?" or "Mistress?" topic.
- Unlike the regular title, this one is never used after "my" or "your", so you can choose titles like "Sir" or "My Lady".
- If the secondary title is not set, the game will use the regular title.
- This can help distinguish between this mod's Master/Mistress topic and the one in Devious Followers.

image.png

On 8/16/2022 at 2:22 AM, HexBolt8 said:

A question for C++ developers

One of the awkward aspects of this mod is being called Lola.  Players can run a script to modify the ESP file to change the name, but that's awkward and must be repeated whenever the player updates the mod.

Is it feasible to build a DLL plugin that intercepts the text output from Fuz Ro D-oh (or replaces Fuz Ro D-oh) and does a case-sensitive text substitution based on values read from a config file?  For example, it could replace "Lola" with "Peaches" on the fly.

Is it practical?  If so, any volunteers?  (It would be super-duper nice to have versions for LE, SE, and AE.)

Probably something like this (haven't tested it though)

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
main() {
   int index;
   string my_str = "Lola";
   string sub_str = "Cindy";
   cout << "Initial String :" << my_str << endl;

while((index = my_str.find("Lola")) != string::npos) {    
      my_str.replace(index, sub_str.length(), sub_str); 
   }
   cout << "Final String :" << my_str;
}

And I guess you'd have to do an #include "json/json.h", use a variable for "Cindy", and use reader to get the text from a json file (which would have the advantage the player can just edit it to change the name).

I think?

I've never done something like this (C++ and json) so I'm not sure.

I never thought about exactly how fuz roh doh works. 

so fuz roh doh actually captures the text from say, submissivelola, inputs it into fuz roh doh and then outputs it from fuz roh doh, using detecting the popup opening and closing for activating the mouth speaking animation?

Edited by Sospice
14 hours ago, Sospice said:

so fuz roh doh actually captures the text from say, submissivelola, inputs it into fuz roh doh and then outputs it from fuz roh doh, using detecting the popup opening and closing for activating the mouth speaking animation?

It's not that advanced, it just plays a generic lip sync every time it detects a dialogue without a matching audio file. 

53 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'd like a volunteer who's on SE to test a mesh for me, please.  Details below.

Reveal hidden contents

Download and install the files in the attached zip.  It will create a new Textures\Weapons\RidingCrop folder (unless by coincidence you had one before) and it will replace the CustomWhip.nif file Meshes\Devious\Lola, so if you're using a custom whip model, be sure to rename or back up your mesh first.

RidingCrop.7z 107.48 kB · 2 downloads

In the SLTR MCM under Rules, set Whipping Weapon to Custom.

Get yourself whipped and see if the riding crop that the owner uses looks okay.  The easiest way to get a whipping is to do "set vkjtest to 1" in the console, speak to your owner, select "Master/Mistress?", scroll down to "I want to test something", then choose a whipping for being a good slave.

If the riding crop looks okay, I managed to convert the LE mesh successfully.

When done, remember to remove the RidingCrop folder and replace the CustomWhip.nif file (or keep them and have a new custom whip model, which is the goal of this).

Looks fine to me (on 1.5.97) and it is certainly an improvement. ^^

1 hour ago, Talesien said:

Looks fine to me (on 1.5.97) and it is certainly an improvement.

Great, thank you for testing.  I plan to add it to the main page as a separate optional download.  I just wanted to be sure I had both LE & SE users covered.

Edited by HexBolt8

Riding crop model for custom whip

I'll post these files here for now.  I will add them to the main page when I do the next update, but the custom model does not require a particular mod version, so players can use it now.

This is an optional custom model for the whip that the owner uses on you.  It's a black leather riding crop.

Source:  Halo's Mods (https://dysintropi.me), which grants permission to use the riding crop assets.

To use it, extract the files from the download into either your Data folder or the installation folder for this mod.  This REPLACES the CustomWhip.nif file, so if you were using a different custom whip mesh, rename that file or copy it so you don't lose it.

In the SLTR MCM under Rules, set Whipping Weapon to Custom to use the custom model.

EDIT:  Removed the files.  They're available as optional downloads on the mod page now.

Edited by HexBolt8

This is one of my fav mods and a must when building a new Skyrim ?

Just wondering if there is any plans for adding some more little bondage games (like lights out) too your mod?

I quite like the idea of your mistress/master just randomly wanting to tie you up, just for the fun of it, while out on the open road or even when staying at one of your homes so he/she can watch you struggle for a bit… especially when she/he comments sometimes about ‘tying you to a tree and leaving you there for a while’ (fingers crossed)

I know the expansion mod adds stuff like ‘pack mule’ and ‘city bondage’ which I also use, but having some more little bondage games to mess around in world would be fun.

Anyway.. great mod and thank you for keeping it updated and alive… ❤️

3 hours ago, stumpy1975 said:

This is one of my fav mods and a must when building a new Skyrim

Great!

Just wondering if there is any plans for adding some more little bondage games (like lights out) too your mod?

I'm holding off on adding more bondage content until Devious Devices 5.2 comes out (it looks like it's in the final stretch of development).  At that point, I plan to update this mod to require DD 5, so I'll be able to take advantage of its much higher efficiency, new functions, and new devices.  Anything that I do now would add to that update effort, and it would be limited to DD 4 devices.

especially when she/he comments sometimes about ‘tying you to a tree and leaving you there for a while’

I don't really plan to follow through on owner comments like that, because it's difficult to immobilize the PC and keep that fun & interesting.

A related but different area is sleeping on the floor or another bed than the owner's.  I've been researching ways to do it in a different manner than the extension does.  The approach I'm working on is less slick but more generic; it should work anywhere, including player homes or inns added by mods.  That's a lot of work, though, so it's still in the planning stage, but I know how I want to do it.

32 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

A related but different area is sleeping on the floor or another bed than the owner's.  I've been researching ways to do it in a different manner than the extension does.  The approach I'm working on is less slick but more generic; it should work anywhere, including player homes or inns added by mods.  That's a lot of work, though, so it's still in the planning stage, but I know how I want to do it.

Awesome to hear this is in the pipeline.  I had some more ideas that might be helpful after we discussed this before, but I'd decided not to post them then since you didn't seem too keen on the idea, and I didn't want to be pushy. 

I don't know how far along you are or if this will help, but one idea is to use placeable markers.  Basically, there would be some dialogue exchange along the lines of "Shall we go to bed, Mistress?" → (If you're in a location without a set "bed" for Lola) "Where shall we place your bed/mat/whatever?" → enters marker placement mode.  I'm not sure if it's obvious what I mean by "place a marker" or not here, but the oft-referenced HSH uses a similar mechanic, which is where I got the idea.  With HSH, you can place a variety of different markers with distinct effects on the slaves; one determines their sandboxing radius, one determines where punishment scenes can occur, one determines where they sleep, and one determines where Mistress's bedroom is.

(If you want to experiment with the HSH system, you can use player.additem xx03C429 1 (or find it with help "house cell token") to get the necessary item, then just double click it at home, place the cage somewhere, and start messing around.  Interacting with the little strongbox lets you play with the markers.)

You could pre-place markers for vanilla locations, but users would still be able to access them through some dialogue to move them if desired (or if they have some mod that changes the vanilla interior and creates a soft conflict), and users would have the dialogue to place new markers in additional locations.

Anyway, you may have already come up with a better solution, but when I was thinking about it after our previous discussion, this was the best idea I could come up with.

Anyway, you may have already come up with a better solution, but when I was thinking about it after our previous discussion, this was the best idea I could come up with.

The process I came up with for the optional feature is similar to what the extension does.  However, instead of attempting to sleep in a bed, you'd define a hotkey for that.  Since mappable keys are in short supply, a player could also use a lesser power.  Target a bed as if you were going to use it, then press the hotkey.  The owner will forcegreet and tell you if sleeping in what is presumed to be the owner's bed is permitted.  If it's not, the owner will go to sleep in that bed.  You can then sleep normally in another bed or target a place on the floor and press the same hotkey.  For the latter, the sleeping on the side animation will play and then the sleep menu will come up.

This is less slick than the extension's approach, but it will work with any bed, anywhere.  It will work with new lands or mod-added houses or inns.  Any bed.  Importantly, unlike the extension, it requires no edits to vanilla beds or cells.  I want this mod to have a very light footprint:  very minimal edits of vanilla Skyrim, no edits of vanilla scripts, no edits of any other mod's scripts -- very low chance of conflicts or compatibility problems.

With the ability to sleep in another bed, imagine yourself in Breezehome with Lydia as your owner.  She sleeps in the big bed; you get the little bed in the small "housecarl's room".  Many player home mods have guest beds.  They could be slave beds.

I still believe that for most situations, a master or mistress will want the slave in the same bed, within arm's reach for middle-of-the-night sex, groping, or cuddling.  Conditions for that will be configurable, so players can have it however they like.

This is a lot of work, so I haven't gone beyond figuring what I'd like to do and how I could do it.  I have no target date for this feature.  There are many pretty cool or simply useful things I can do with much less time & effort.  The change notes for the next update are already longer than most.

57 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

However, instead of attempting to sleep in a bed, you'd define a hotkey for that.  Since mappable keys are in short supply, a player could also use a lesser power.

Honestly a lesser power is even worse than having to find a hotkey. Perhaps you could allow for a hotkey that includes a modifier key (so like CTRL+E)? Some mods allow for modifier keys, but they are few, so I assume it's not exactly a straight forward process. Would be a great to have though. (And once you found how to do it, perhaps you can make a little guide on it, I might have use for that too in the foreseeable future. ^^)

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

This is a lot of work, so I haven't gone beyond figuring what I'd like to do and how I could do it.  I have no target date for this feature. 

Sounds like a good, well-thought-out solution, so I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. 

For the latter, the sleeping on the side animation will play and then the sleep menu will come up.

I'd suggest following the Extension's model here and not having the sleep menu come up automatically.  It's nice to be able to lie awake next to Mistress watching her sleep sometimes, especially that Antiope looks so adorable curled up on the floor by the bed!

However, instead of attempting to sleep in a bed, you'd define a hotkey for that.  Since mappable keys are in short supply, a player could also use a lesser power. 

Hotkeys are at a premium for things you need close to WASD to use all the time, but for something like sleeping, it can be literally any key.  I doubt many people would have trouble finding something on the right side of the keyboard.  Especially if it can permit a two-key combination.  

The change notes for the next update are already longer than most.

Any chance of a preview?  I've got a big wall of text brewing, and knowing what you have planned could save save us some headache from pre-empting things on my list you're already working on.

Edited by Antiope_Apollonia

The process I came up with for the optional feature is similar to what the extension does.  However, instead of attempting to sleep in a bed, you'd define a hotkey for that.  Since mappable keys are in short supply, a player could also use a lesser power.  Target a bed as if you were going to use it, then press the hotkey.  The owner will forcegreet and tell you if sleeping in what is presumed to be the owner's bed is permitted.  If it's not, the owner will go to sleep in that bed.  You can then sleep normally in another bed or target a place on the floor and press the same hotkey.  For the latter, the sleeping on the side animation will play and then the sleep menu will come up.

When my player reaches this point I've been using "Simply Rest (or Sleep) Anywhere" which has worked nicely.

23 minutes ago, Talesien said:

Honestly a lesser power is even worse than having to find a hotkey.

Of course.  That's why it would be a secondary mechanism.

24 minutes ago, Talesien said:

Perhaps you could allow for a hotkey that includes a modifier key (so like CTRL+E)?

All the key mapping mechanisms that I've seen will simply map the ctrl key if the player attempts to map ctrl-e.  Players will have to work it out.  Maybe some of those bound keys that seemed nice a few years ago aren't really needed.  Or use the lesser power.  Or skip this optional feature.  Nothing will require it.  I'm not trying to be a hard-ass, but players with no unmapped keys might not truly need all of that.  I really, really hope that future TES games will support key combinations, but I don't want to try to solve that problem.

In my experience, hotkeys can often do double or triple duty.  For example, I use a mod that has convenience keys for depositing & withdrawing items by type from containers.  It only does something if a container is targeted.  Therefore, my "D" key for "deposit" in one mod works fine as my "drink" key for drinking from lakes in another mod.  Hotkey mappings do not always have to be unique.  My plan for the sleep hotkey would likewise do double duty, doing one thing when first targeting a bed, then another when targeting the floor or a second bed -- two functions, one key.  (Maybe more mods should try to get extra use out of fewer hotkeys.)  It could even do a third thing if used for something like in my example for deposit or withdrawal from a container.   And a fourth thing if used as a defeat surrender key.

19 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Any chance of a preview?

I did preview the secondary title feature, which I've since renamed to honorific title.  I've been giving the new stuff some time for testing and to mature.  The honorific title originally was only used for the top-level Master/Mistress topic, but I've now worked it into other topics, and I have a really solid grasp of how it should best be used.  Other features have been getting a lot of polishing.  I'm part-way through working on another fun feature, but it's just complex enough that I'm thinking I should draw the line here and leave that one for another update.

Edit:  Actually, that one made it in.  It's the required sex with innkeeper option.

There's also another project that I'd like to take on, but the amount of work there scares me.

Edited by HexBolt8

It's nice to be able to lie awake next to Mistress watching her sleep sometimes, especially that Antiope looks so adorable curled up on the floor by the bed!

I will keep that in mind.  My preliminary scoping of this didn't give me enough insight to know what I can do.  Where there's a tradeoff, I tend to avoid things that are a little too clever in favor of approaches that are solid, reliable, and not confusing.  I put a fair amount of thought into a couple of new small enhancements to try to keep them trouble-free.  Actually, both of these were your suggestions.  I guess you'll have to wait to see what they are.  ?

Version 2.0.54

If you have the Adventuring Slave event enabled, you must set the new cooldown in the MCM.

New:  You can assign an honorific title such as "Sir" or "My Lady" for your owner on the MCM System page.
- It is used less often than the regular title, such as in simple question topics like "Master?" or "Mistress?"
- Unlike the regular title, this one is never used after "my" or "your", so you have more flexibility.
- If the honorific title is not set, the game will use the regular title.
- This can help distinguish between this mod's Master/Mistress topic and those in other enslavement mods.

New:  A new setting for forced prostitution, "Must have sex with innkeeper."
- Off by default.  If enabled, you must offer free sex to the innkeeper if the innkeeper fits your gender & race preferences.
- The quest will not detect the innkeeper to check if the innkeeper matches your preferences until you enter the inn, so the objective might not display immediately.

New:  A new MCM Roleplay sexuality setting to exclude sex with beast races (Argonians & Khajiit).
- On by default, to match previous mod behavior.  Currently only affects "I Am Famous" and forced innkeeper sex (Keerava).

New:  A new Thoughts category for having the humiliation debuff.  It's independent of score.
- Humiliation thoughts are optional.  If you don't provide any, the mod will use Prostitution or General.
- They can be positive or negative thoughts.  They're *your* character's thoughts.
- Refer to the updated Thoughts-Example.json file for an example using humiliation thoughts.
- To minimize editing errors, add humiliation thoughts between General and Prostitution.

New:  "Random cooldown amount" on the MCM Cooldowns page lets the mod randomize cooldowns.
- The cooldown for each event will be secretly raised or lowered by a random amount, up to this percentage.
- The random amount is set separately for each event; some will be increased while others will be lowered.
- The random amount changes every time the event occurs.  You'll never know what to expect.
- Does not affect forced prostitution.  Cannot reduce Adventuring Slave cooldown to less than 1 day.

New:  "Arousal loss on shock" MCM setting lets you reduce (or increase) your arousal when you're zapped.
- It can provide some relief when wearing arousal-boosting devices.

New:  If your owner demands sex and an inn is nearby, you can offer to go to the inn for sex.
- Now you don't have to do it in the street or on the roadside if an inn is nearby.
- You'll earn a small score bonus for taking your owner to the inn.

New:  A new "About being a slave" topic, available *once* per enslavement, if you weren't bought, and only for score 10-50.
- You're having a panic attack.  It's sunk in that you're a real slave; this isn't just a kinky bondage game.
- Owners are remarkably patient with an initial objection ("That's not what I expected!").  They'll talk you through your panic, but defiance at the end is punished.
- You can get a nice score boost from this talk.

Changed:  The Adventuring Slave event now has a cooldown setting (0 by default).
- This event might be more interesting now that it can be used for periodic gifts.
- The toggle for the event on the Gold page was removed, since it would be redundant.
- If you had the event enabled before, set the cooldown to reenable it.

Changed:  The Adventuring Slave maximum payment setting can now be as low as 100 gold.
- Slaves who aren't allowed to have much gold can now reasonably participate in this event.

Changed:  For most situations where you must dance, you now have 4 seconds to position yourself.
- While dancing, you can still use keyboard movement keys to reposition.

Changed:  Palace shoe cleaning has a new dialog option to suggest moving to a better spot.
- Move away from furniture or place yourself in front of the throne to put on a real show.

Changed:  Innkeepers are no longer valid clients for basic prostitution.

Changed:  Default for "Submission daily decay" is 5 (was 0).  Doesn't affect current settings, just the default.

Changed:  The MCM Help page now displays help as info text rather than in a pop-up message box.
- This is more convenient to use, and easier to translate since the text is in the translations file.

The honorific title is intentionally not used in many places, but you'll see it here & there.  It's most prominent in the top-level "Master/Mistress?" topic:

image.png

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Version 2.0.54

If you have the Adventuring Slave event enabled, you must set the new cooldown in the MCM.

New:  You can assign an honorific title such as "Sir" or "My Lady" for your owner on the MCM System page.
- It is used less often than the regular title, such as in simple question topics like "Master?" or "Mistress?"
- Unlike the regular title, this one is never used after "my" or "your", so you have more flexibility.
- If the honorific title is not set, the game will use the regular title.
- This can help distinguish between this mod's Master/Mistress topic and those in other enslavement mods.

New:  A new setting for forced prostitution, "Must have sex with innkeeper."
- Off by default.  If enabled, you must offer free sex to the innkeeper if the innkeeper fits your gender & race preferences.
- The quest will not detect the innkeeper to check if the innkeeper matches your preferences until you enter the inn, so the objective might not display immediately.

New:  A new MCM Roleplay sexuality setting to exclude sex with beast races (Argonians & Khajiit).
- On by default, to match previous mod behavior.  Currently only affects "I Am Famous" and forced innkeeper sex (Keerava).

New:  A new Thoughts category for having the humiliation debuff.  It's independent of score.
- Humiliation thoughts are optional.  If you don't provide any, the mod will use Prostitution or General.
- They can be positive or negative thoughts.  They're *your* character's thoughts.
- Refer to the updated Thoughts-Example.json file for an example using humiliation thoughts.
- To minimize editing errors, add humiliation thoughts between General and Prostitution.

New:  "Random cooldown amount" on the MCM Cooldowns page lets the mod randomize cooldowns.
- The cooldown for each event will be secretly raised or lowered by a random amount, up to this percentage.
- The random amount is set separately for each event; some will be increased while others will be lowered.
- The random amount changes every time the event occurs.  You'll never know what to expect.
- Does not affect forced prostitution.  Cannot reduce Adventuring Slave cooldown to less than 1 day.

New:  "Arousal loss on shock" MCM setting lets you reduce (or increase) your arousal when you're zapped.
- It can provide some relief when wearing arousal-boosting devices.

New:  If your owner demands sex and an inn is nearby, you can offer to go to the inn for sex.
- Now you don't have to do it in the street or on the roadside if an inn is nearby.
- You'll earn a small score bonus for taking your owner to the inn.

New:  A new "About being a slave" topic, available *once* per enslavement, if you weren't bought, and only for score 10-50.
- You're having a panic attack.  It's sunk in that you're a real slave; this isn't just a kinky bondage game.
- Owners are remarkably patient with an initial objection ("That's not what I expected!").  They'll talk you through your panic, but defiance at the end is punished.
- You can get a nice score boost from this talk.

Changed:  The Adventuring Slave event now has a cooldown setting (0 by default).
- This event might be more interesting now that it can be used for periodic gifts.
- The toggle for the event on the Gold page was removed, since it would be redundant.
- If you had the event enabled before, set the cooldown to reenable it.

Changed:  The Adventuring Slave maximum payment setting can now be as low as 100 gold.
- Slaves who aren't allowed to have much gold can now reasonably participate in this event.

Changed:  For most situations where you must dance, you now have 4 seconds to position yourself.
- While dancing, you can still use keyboard movement keys to reposition.

Changed:  Palace shoe cleaning has a new dialog option to suggest moving to a better spot.
- Move away from furniture or place yourself in front of the throne to put on a real show.

Changed:  Innkeepers are no longer valid clients for basic prostitution.

Changed:  Default for "Submission daily decay" is 5 (was 0).  Doesn't affect current settings, just the default.

Changed:  The MCM Help page now displays help as info text rather than in a pop-up message box.
- This is more convenient to use, and easier to translate since the text is in the translations file.

The honorific title is intentionally not used in many places, but you'll see it here & there.  It's most prominent in the top-level "Master/Mistress?" topic:

image.png

Hello, I just installed this new version, but before it worked perfectly and now when I ask my owner if I can be useful she doesn't answer anything, I don't know if it's due to the update or not, I've tried to start the slavery again and nothing Do you have any idea what could be happening to me? Has it happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance