[mod] Regula Magistri

Quick question.. Using the RM mod gives me a different color scale for skin in Ruler Creator.  Not hard to make my ruler the way I want, but then some NPCs show up purple and really red.  Just way off of any humanoid color.  Was this intended or is there a way to turn it off?  Love the mod otherwise.

Hiya, I seem to have hit a bug with the death of my previous monarch. His successor went around and gathered up all the paelex and married them, but now I cannot start an orgy because it says I have fewer than six, although I have exactly six. 

My first thought was to edit a save file and demote all my paelex to mulsa, then dominate them again and remake them paelex. This I did, but it still tells me that there aren't enough paelex to hold an orgy. I'm puzzled. Any solution would be welcome. 

The script doesn't count characters with the Paelex trait, it counts the number of landed paelices. Likely one of the paelices doesn't have a county title. 

Either that or you're not a cenobite or higher, or are busy leading an army/in another activity.

When I play RM, I always get rid of all gfx customisations. Since I like to play with other mods that alter appearances, like EPE (Ethnicities & Portraits Expanded), I don't really want additional visual alterations.

I would be more than happy if visual alterations are put in to the different "flavor mod" since adding "game rules", to turn off mod features only adds unnecessary complexity to the mod which in turn invites errors and bugs.

Also I would like to notice that I find `outfit_tags = { no_clothes }` broken at the moment. I always get a character wearing something that seems like "fighting_pants" with fig leaves sticking out in addition to them. But if I add `remove_default_outfit = yes` to the `triggered_outfit` block then characters are properly naked but their hair is removed too.

The only solution that seems working properly is setting and removing `is_naked` flag, like Carnalitas mod does. Vanilla deviant at feast event is coded to set and remove the flag too.

3 hours ago, zargod said:

0.72 appears to break nudity for both Spouse and Compeditae game rules. I've just confirmed this running only Carnalitas (1.5.1) and RM (0.72), under CK3 1.4.2.

Yes, I mucked up some variables when adding the all entranced characters naked rule.  Here's a hotfix, drop it into /mod/Regula_Magistri/gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers (replacing the file that's already there).

regula_portrait_modifiers.txt

On 4/17/2021 at 6:49 PM, bobbily said:

@xlvs that sounds like a conflict with one of the other mods. Much of my testing is done with the default Spanish Muslim ruler, and I've never had issues.

I think I figured out what was the problem - I was trying to cheat a bit and started a game with muslim ruler who already is a religious leader and vanilla game has a limitation that religious leaders can't switch religions as easy as regular rulers. I did not do any other testing but I believe, You have to give away Your title as religious leader to someone else before You can create a new religion or switch to another. Although I did not test that.

A small thing that might be a good idea to add - as you are automatically (and invariably) allied to anyone you marry, and you cannot revoke titles from allies, you also cannot revoke titles from paelexes, which doesn't make much sense. Ideally, there would we some non-tyranny-causing action to just ask for them back, but failing that, it might be a good idea to allow revocation from paelexes even when allied. I made a simple mod to do that (see attachment, search for regula), but obviously a separate action would be better so one doesn't need to overwrite the revoke-title-action.

Secondly, there is a tendency of foreign, independent, female mulsas not accepting vassalization. In particular, in my game the duchess of Sardinia refused vassalization because I (playing as Sicily/Italy) was "too distant". Given that shortly thereafter a vassal started (and won) a war in the middle of East Francia in order to become my vassal, that seems a bit weird.

00_revoke_title_interaction.txt

On 7/2/2021 at 10:04 AM, EtPerMun said:

Secondly, there is a tendency of foreign, independent, female mulsas not accepting vassalization. In particular, in my game the duchess of Sardinia refused vassalization because I (playing as Sicily/Italy) was "too distant". Given that shortly thereafter a vassal started (and won) a war in the middle of East Francia in order to become my vassal, that seems a bit weird.

There's a bunch of areas where Mulsas should probably have massive bonuses to acceptance that they don't right now. My primary problem is that it's way harder than it probably should be to bring a mulsa to your court.

1 hour ago, Omori1701 said:

does it stack if i have more than one?

Last time i played it did indeed stack, but it does not transfer to your heir, so if you create one too many, and die, your heirs may be able to claim them and have no health penalties.

They make for awfully good councilors, they are immortal, have a pretty much maxed opinion, and if you choose the right ones to turn they may end up stacking ridiculous abilities (think 70+)

Edited by Darkimana

Amazing mod, a good way to relieve stress after some frustrating ironman games.
I wonder if you could add or change one of the holy sites for "RM - mediterranean" to Constantinople. Hagia Sophia got disabled because it isn't a holy site. Not that it will ruined anyone's Byzantine run, it just doesn't give me the full satisfactory of a fully upgraded Constantinople.
Also, can you add an unique event for Restoring the Roman Empire with Regula Magestri religions?

Edited by ClassyAlexking

A decision to "corrupt" defunct holy sites is on the todo list.  I'm not certain what approach I want to take, but it's annoyed me as well that only Christians can take advantage of non-faith holy sites.

I've never restored the Roman Empire myself, so I don't know what the vanilla event chain looks like.  I'll take a look and see how amenable it is to tweaking.

Another idea I had:

Over time, as the paelexes age, the player tends to end up with a lot of elderly women as vassals. This is not ideal for two reasons. First, well, most people aren't all that into that. And secondly, their daughters (and heirs) reach adulthood without being landed. If the player marries them, they now get the unlanded-spouse-penalty. Meanwhile, if they don't, they either have to give them to someone else (-.-) or have them stay unmarried, in which case they might end up not having children. Either way, this seems undesirable.

My idea was to have an interaction or some other system that causes/forces paelexes above a certain age (45? 50?) to abdicate (or die, I guess, though abdicating seems to fit better). Maybe with an additional condition that they need to have an adult daughter.

12 hours ago, EtPerMun said:

Over time, as the paelexes age, the player tends to end up with a lot of elderly women as vassals. This is not ideal for two reasons. First, well, most people aren't all that into that. And secondly, their daughters (and heirs) reach adulthood without being landed. If the player marries them, they now get the unlanded-spouse-penalty. Meanwhile, if they don't, they either have to give them to someone else (-.-) or have them stay unmarried, in which case they might end up not having children. Either way, this seems undesirable.

I agree, and have raised this issue in the past.

12 hours ago, EtPerMun said:

My idea was to have an interaction or some other system that causes/forces paelexes above a certain age (45? 50?) to abdicate (or die, I guess, though abdicating seems to fit better). Maybe with an additional condition that they need to have an adult daughter.

I'd suggest making it a decision available to a Magister when a Paelex has an adult daughter (possibly also making the daughter being a Mulsa a requirement). This means that you can make alternative arrangements if the Paelex is also a councilor that you don't want to lose.

It could even be turned into some form of continuity ritual, with the mother turning her titles, her Paelex trait, and her marriage tie to the Magister, over to her daughter, and receiving some sort of 'Dowager Paelex'/'Paelex-Mother' (equivalent of 'Queen Mother') trait in exchange. This ritual would be seen as cementing the legitimacy of the system, and might yield a reduction in short-reign penalty (or some other benefit) to the daughter-Paelex.

I'd imagined this as the mother retiring thereafter, possibly to become on of her daughter's councilors. A darker alternative is for the ritual to entail the daughter consuming her mother's life-energy, possibly getting a skill-boast based on her mother's skills.

2 hours ago, zargod said:

I agree, and have raised this issue in the past.

I'd suggest making it a decision available to a Magister when a Paelex has an adult daughter (possibly also making the daughter being a Mulsa a requirement). This means that you can make alternative arrangements if the Paelex is also a councilor that you don't want to lose.

It could even be turned into some form of continuity ritual, with the mother turning her titles, her Paelex trait, and her marriage tie to the Magister, over to her daughter, and receiving some sort of 'Dowager Paelex'/'Paelex-Mother' (equivalent of 'Queen Mother') trait in exchange. This ritual would be seen as cementing the legitimacy of the system, and might yield a reduction in short-reign penalty (or some other benefit) to the daughter-Paelex.

I'd imagined this as the mother retiring thereafter, possibly to become on of her daughter's councilors. A darker alternative is for the ritual to entail the daughter consuming her mother's life-energy, possibly getting a skill-boast based on her mother's skills.

Totally agree with this man !

The mod "Adroit Religion" has a similiar setup in place already, so it seems to be possible on a technical level - retiring your paelex, I mean.

With how poweful this mod makes your ruler, I guess this interaction could even cost some piety - maybe giving a bit of devotion in return. That way a new heir that retires "the old guard" inherited from his father has a quicker ascension through the ranks - and a harem less filled with grannies.

One point of interest of mine, is that holders of towns and temples with the mulsa trait can't be made paelex, but still show up in your "claim" notification. Pretty sure there was some talk about that not working out due to the rank shenanigans iirc. Excluding them from showing up - be it by setting the criteria for the notification, or having them develop another trait on appointment (Not sure on the technicalities involved), would make for a nice, but not all that important quality of life improvement for this mod.