[mod] Regula Magistri

On 11/6/2021 at 5:10 AM, cptnemo89 said:

With RM interactions being personal they depend on diplomacy and not intrigue. Especially considering that honest is a sin and deceitful is a virtue, was that the intent?

It's from back when RM interactions were hostile.  Probably worth revisiting, given the switch.

@RichterQ87, I'm going to blame most of this on the "Appear, but grayed out" code from Paradox not working terribly well, forcing me to just straight hide interactions until your character has a high enough devotion, because everything you've asked for is already in the mod in some form or another.

1. If your Mulsa are strong enough (collectively) they'll wage a war for independence/slavery against their liege.  It's a faction though, and you can't easily see it before the war kicks off.

2. Nearby female rulers can be vassalized through a few different means, and having a friendly neighbouring ruler is never a bad thing.  Not everything has to directly benefit your character.

3. Yes there is. Either dominate them in war, or order their subservience (must be Pontifex Carnalis).

4. Use the Domitans Tribunal interaction.  All your wives are Paelex save for your head wife, who's Domina.

5. There are several extra war options.  They largely require high levels of devotion.

S1. Against the theme of the mod.  It's about a haremocracy, not a dictatorship.

S2. Can be done, through prisoner interactions.

S3. Can be done. Requires a Holy Site.

1. Mulsa who are not your vassals or below will start, a servitude faction.  It's similar to an independence faction but they become your vassals if they win.

2. If they're in your realm use the "Domitans tribunal" interaction to make her a Paelex, if outside you marry or ignore.  Marriage is usually easy to arrange unless she's getting too old to have children, if you're having trouble marring young ones you might have a mod conflict.

3. There is also a "Potestas non Transfunde"  interaction you can use on neighboring independent Mulsa if you are also independent and have a higher rank.  It lets you vassalize them with prestige, but it's rather expensive.

4. The "Domitans tribunal" interaction will turn an adult Mulsa vassal into a Paelex.  You should see the option in the important events window when it's available.

5. For wars, "Usurp charmed vassals" will transfer Mulsa vassals to you if you win.  It requires piety level 4.  "Dominate female ruler" will make an independent Mulsa into your vassal, turn her into a Paelex, and potentially give her a commander trait. You must be piety level 3 and neighbors.

It'd be fun to have some different outcomes for the initial mind control event for women who are your lovers, especially if they're part of the religion already. More specifically, willing and enthusiastic embracing of being controlled, as its part of their faith or because they love the player character so much. 

@Haight: Of course! I'd be happy to add in your contributions.

The one caveat is that they need to fit the overall mod esthetic. In general I've been trying to keep descriptions of the women somewhat respectful (avoiding slut, whore, etc.), in keeping with the general theme of recruiting valuable thralls, not meat.

27 minutes ago, bobbily said:

@Haight: Of course! I'd be happy to add in your contributions.

The one caveat is that they need to fit the overall mod esthetic. In general I've been trying to keep descriptions of the women somewhat respectful (avoiding slut, whore, etc.), in keeping with the general theme of recruiting valuable thralls, not meat.

I'm a big fan of that. Not too into degradation myself. Is there a discord you hang out in or anything?

17 hours ago, bobbily said:

None to speak of, I'm afraid.  We can use the slow messaging function built into this site though.

Ok! I'm interested in writing more flavor events and fluffing out the recruitment events. I wanted to talk with you about what exactly you intended in terms of what it means to be part of the RM religion, and what it means to be "fascinated" - could you imagine women of the religion voluntarily becoming fascinated as its part of their faith? What about lovers?

I just want to add my vote to the people that want a third set of holy sites in the eastern part of the map. I started playing a Burma campaign with the mod and only after 100 years in I realised I'd have to go all the way across the world to get control of the currently available holy sites. Bummer. Started over in England but it'd be really nice if we weren't chained to Europe/Arabia to fully play with this mod.

12 hours ago, dlombu said:

I just want to add my vote to the people that want a third set of holy sites in the eastern part of the map. I started playing a Burma campaign with the mod and only after 100 years in I realised I'd have to go all the way across the world to get control of the currently available holy sites. Bummer. Started over in England but it'd be really nice if we weren't chained to Europe/Arabia to fully play with this mod.

I'm working on a couple sets now.  Sub-Saharan Africa and one based on Alexander the Great's territory.  They should be ready in a few days.

Alright, the update is live. Get it here.

Changelog for 0.8:

Added a set of Holy Sites for West Africa. As with the European and Mediterranean Holy Sites this comes with a different base tenet, in this case Communal Identity.
Added a set of Holy Sites for South-central Asia, based on the path of Alexander the Great. The base tenet is Pursuit of Power.
Players can now force Mulsa to break their betrothals and divorce their courtier spouses.
Players can now summon Mulsa courtiers to their court.

Bugfixes and tweaks:
Added relationship status to the list of Fascinare modifiers.  Charming friends/lovers is now easier, while rivals/nemeses will be much harder to subdue.
Rebalanced the Fascinare scheme.  The minimum score is much higher, but having a consistent 100% success rate will require at least some optimization. Standard failures now return half the piety invested, critical failures unchanged.
Fixed an issue with initializing the mod. Popes, Caliphs, etc. must forsake all they hold holy before they can get laid. 
Fixed an issue with joining an ongoing servitude war. Now you join on the side of the characters fighting to be enslaved by you, instead of fighting against them.
Fixed an issue with the game rules not executing correctly when all compeditae were supposed to be naked.
Fixed a loophole where multiple Sanctifica Serva events could be running simultaneously, dodging the minimum health requirements.
The Abice Maritus interaction now transfers the husband's gold to his wife, alongside his titles.  Where he's going gold won't be useful anyway. Thanks to nobullyplz for the code!

As per usual with modifications to the religion, this won't be compatible with older saves. 

Popping in to say thank you for the awesome mod.

The mod features/mechanics aren't exactly clear starting out, but I found that to be quite fun actually. I enjoyed discovering the features, and playing bit by bit. Such a well done mod it feels like a completely different way to play ck3.

I'm still a bit iffy on the paelex mechanics, from what i've gathered they need to be mulsa and landed vassals correct? Also if I not able to use the domitans tribunal until they're old, is that normal?

6 hours ago, bobbily said:

It depends what you mean by old.  They need to be adults, hold a county or above under your rule, and have the Mulsa trait.

That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure. Either I have a conflicting mod, or women are inheriting counties later in life. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, a new version is ready. Get it here!

Changelog for 0.81
Added a new title succession law, Compeditae Elective. Power passes from the Magister to a son, cousin, or uncle, according to the votes of landed Mulsae, Paelices, etc. in the realm.
-Note: This succession law will affect all the player's directly held titles, and effectively serves as an improved form of Primogeniture. It's intended to be a late game advance, and can be enabled via the appropriately priced "Adopt the Compeditae Elective Succession Law" decision.
Added a new title succession law, Heritament, to ensure that Compeditae elective works as it intuitively should, instead of how Paradox implemented title succession laws. This law is automatically applied to all the player's titles, so long as Compeditae Elective is in place.

Bugfixes and tweaks:
The infectious Fascinare effect no longer converts men.
Tweaked the Fascinare scheme code.  It should be easier to recruit agents now.
The "Domitans Tribunal Available" suggestion has been tweaked to only include direct vassals.

This update is backwards compatible with 0.8 saves.
Edited by bobbily
21 minutes ago, bobbily said:

Alright, a new version is ready. Get it here!

Changelog for 0.81
Added a new title succession law, Compeditae Elective. Power passes from the Magister to a son, cousin, or uncle, according to the votes of landed Mulsae, Paelices, etc. in the realm.
-Note: This succession law will affect all the player's directly held titles, and effectively serves as an improved form of Primogeniture. It's intended to be a late game advance, and can be enabled via the appropriately priced "Adopt the Compeditae Elective Succession Law" decision.
Added a new title succession law, Heritament, to ensure that Compeditae elective works as it intuitively should, instead of how Paradox implemented title succession laws. This law is automatically applied to all the player's titles, so long as Compeditae Elective is in place.

Bugfixes and tweaks:
The infectious Fascinare effect no longer converts men.
Tweaked the Fascinare scheme code.  It should be easier to recruit agents now.
The "Domitans Tribunal Available" suggestion has been tweaked to only include direct vassals.

This update is backwards compatible with 0.8 saves.

Thanks for your work! This is a great mod. 

The one problem I have with converting to regula magestri religion is that it doesn't treat the women as concubines, but as wives, so in otherwords the religion has the trait "polygamous" which automatically reduces the list of potential spouses early-game. I wonder if that can be changeable.