[mod] Regula Magistri

3 hours ago, Gabe Lincoln said:

I was more talking about women too old to have children. Like 50+ years old. I just wanna give my 46 year old lowborn genius a chance to have an heir that I will inevitably fuck to have my own heirs be genius.

I can't say I've really had a problem with this one. The bonuses from high tier magister traits makes this a thing that doesn't really happen. I also think they made it so that you don't get as much stress from family members dying in the recent patches to the base game.

The problem is not with the main character but all the brothers and sisters, when 1 died they all get stress, which can leads to more death and a cascade. This also is bad for the heir as he can get a lot of bad stress traits.

I though about 2 others improvements:

6. when an Paelex die, an event can be added to indoctrinate the new title(s) owner(s). Something like the event for the Domination CB.

7. Have a decision to get all the MC daughters have a military education, so they can be send to the holy orders.

I cant really tell how or what happend but i think since i changed my MC's religion from Magistri Europe to my own Magistri (opend a new one with different rules and stuff) 

the option to Fascinare ppl is not available anymore,as u can see in the screen.

Anyone knows why and how to fix it? o.O

My "Pity" is 14k so that should be enough.

My Mc has a small Kingdom,i m not a Magistrian but it worked as a King/Country beforeScreenshot_3.png.7691e9e9ad34bffe5070518385cd7126.png

two bugs I've noticed:

- you still get the 'mulsas can be dominated' hint for landed characters that have a title less than a county

- vassals can ask for money and your blessing to form a holy order but the holy order never forms(although forming holy orders the normal decision way still works)

@Aleridia, thanks for the bug notes.

The only interaction that directly induces pregnancy is the last choice of Domitans Tribunal.  All others just use Carn's sex effect, and should be covered by the usual birth control.

@zargod, there is a minor (~5%) chance that the last Domitans Tribunal option makes the character immortal, which was meant as a nice "nat 20" style bonus.  What do you think about giving the character +4 to all their stats instead?

Thanks @blblblb!  There may be something off in how the holy order baronies are selected. I'll give the code a good scrubbing.

@Raslingan, does your new faith have the Magister and Devoted Tenets?  If not the code will automatically knock you down to the lowest piety tier (which doesn't have access to Magister abilities)

On 4/7/2021 at 7:27 PM, bobbily said:

@zargod, there is a minor (~5%) chance that the last Domitans Tribunal option makes the character immortal, which was meant as a nice "nat 20" style bonus.  What do you think about giving the character +4 to all their stats instead?

I'd be for the +4 - if I'm applying it to someone else, the +4 is often a better option.

On 4/8/2021 at 11:27 AM, bobbily said:

I'd be more in favor of giving them Pure-blooded trait.

Alright, I've implemented a few bugfixes, including dealing with an important bug that was disabling almost all the random events.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the game at the moment and can't test it thoroughly.  Please let me know if this introduces anything game-breaking.

Changelog:

The third Domitans Tribunal action, "Mix it with your seed and breath life into her womb", now has a small percent chance of giving the Pure-Blooded trait, instead of One With the Book.
Made the Domitans Tribunal actions a little more transparent.  Mouse over each to see some info on what they might do.
Updated the Domitans Tribunal/Potestas Non Transfunde Important actions (suggestions) so that invalid characters aren't suggested.
Fixed a bug preventing most of the random events from firing.  Disabled the Holy Order event unitl it can be properly bugfixed.
Tweaked the religion-switching interaction.

Known issues:
Switching to another Magister religion via the Config decision doesn't seem to affect counties, just characters.
The shackles often don't line up with prisoner's wrists.  This is due to an error in the game's default animation.
Despite the flavour text, those that are one with the book don't die when the book is destroyed.
Default game doctrines don't show up when creating a new religion (the tenets still do, and existing religions are unaffected).

Regula_Magistri_0.61.zip

On 4/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, Aleridia said:

2. Way too many children. The goal is to fuck as many women as possible, not turning them into baby-making machines.
The 2 and 3 children should be avoided. 

This will lead to chain of stress induced death under a century.

Agreed. My dynasty has gone from one person to almost 350 in 60 years. I've already had a stress cascade where a ton of my children/grandchildren/great grandchildren bit the dust. Sure my PC was fine, but I can't go more than a few seconds anymore without multiple notices popping up asking me to name a newborn. Starting to take the joy out of the playthrough.

I've tried the chastity option from SP like someone else noted, but that only works for so long. And eventually that mod will break beyond repair as the author is MIA.

2 hours ago, ieraceu said:

I've tried the chastity option from SP like someone else noted, but that only works for so long. And eventually that mod will break beyond repair as the author is MIA.

I haven't tried it yet, but the Coetus Anima mod claims to have an  "Avoid Pregnancy" character interaction.

But, given this mod's natural tendency to create uncontrollably large families (and a likelihood for patches of excessive inbreeding), I do think an internal-to-the-mod method for selectively controlling fertility would be a very good idea.

3 hours ago, ieraceu said:

Agreed. My dynasty has gone from one person to almost 350 in 60 years. I've already had a stress cascade where a ton of my children/grandchildren/great grandchildren bit the dust. Sure my PC was fine, but I can't go more than a few seconds anymore without multiple notices popping up asking me to name a newborn. Starting to take the joy out of the playthrough.

I changed the mod code in regula_traits,txt so the paelex cannot have children (can_have_children = no). It limited the baby-machine a lot.

Just to be sure, I got non paelex spouse(s) to get my heir like I wanted to (inheritable traits, ...).

2 hours ago, Aleridia said:

I changed the mod code in regula_traits,txt so the paelex cannot have children (can_have_children = no). It limited the baby-machine a lot.

Just to be sure, I got non paelex spouse(s) to get my heir like I wanted to (inheritable traits, ...).

This would mean that you'd have to wait until after your spouse had been bred before you could Domitans Tribunal her. It would also mean that none of her potential Domitans Tribunal upgrades would be heritable (which in turn would make giving her Pure-Blooded completely redundant).

Incidentally, what would people think about the option (possibly via a Game Rule) of making Mulsa/Paelex/etc spouses nude? I think it's be another good feature of the moribund Submissive Partners mod to bake into this one.

Bug report:

There seems to be something wonky with the implementation of the holy site bonus that gives you more daughters. For testing purposes, if you set the factor to 100 (from 60) you will only have daughters, however on loading a save game all existing pregnancies at the time of the save seems to have roughly 50:50 chance for daughters again. I'm guessing this has to do with how the bonus is applied in-game (probably not immediately upon loading)?

Agreed with the baby cascade. I'm unsure if it's possible, but a slider or choice to limit spouses/concubine to one child or massively decreasing fertility would be nice. I could swear I'm running immortality mods that eliminated children, but am still popping them out left and right (mostly the, "was she unfaithful" ones). 

Then again, I'm taking a break from CK3 and Stellaris until some updates are out at this point I think. What ever happened to the expansions for this game?

4 hours ago, Endlesslust said:

Agreed with the baby cascade. I'm unsure if it's possible, but a slider or choice to limit spouses/concubine to one child or massively decreasing fertility would be nice. I could swear I'm running immortality mods that eliminated children, but am still popping them out left and right (mostly the, "was she unfaithful" ones). 

Then again, I'm taking a break from CK3 and Stellaris until some updates are out at this point I think. What ever happened to the expansions for this game?

I'd back something like that as well.

For CK3, the flavor pack came out last month, but no ETA a full DLC pack as of yet.

For Stellaris, the new Nemesis DLC comes out in two days. Which I'm seriously looking forward to. I can't wait to see how the Star Wars mod uses it.

Not sure if it's something possible, but what I'd rather have is to limit the pop-ups to direct children - let their own parents name/etc grandchildren.

Children are a useful resource in this game: They can be used to create alliances and spread your faith.  However I don't really want to micromanage my entire family tree.  (Especially when running an immortality mod as well.)

I love this mod, but as soon as I decided to add few other Cheri mods, it feels like it stopped working properly.

Here is what I did:

I had these mods in the following order:

Carnalitas

Carnalitas - Historical Slavery Doctrines

Carnalitas Dominatio

Carnalitas Arouosal Framework

Carnal Consequences

Regula Magistri

Then, while playing as muslim ruler, when I chose to trigger Regula Magistri events, I got only traits but the religion did not change.

I am guessing that Carnal Consequences is the culprit, since I noticed that it would mess up with religion itself.

When I was playing with Carnalitas and Slavery Doctrines, everything was kind of working fine.

Update - I did a test with a Byzantine ruler and figured out that mods are not the problem. It seems to me that Regula Magistri does not change the religion for Muslim rulers though, when initial events are triggered.

@xlvs that sounds like a conflict with one of the other mods. Much of my testing is done with the default Spanish Muslim ruler, and I've never had issues.

@dverago, thanks for the tip. I'll give it a look.

@camistrie, there's a 40% chance that infecta will convert the spouse as well.  It might be a bit high, but I wanted to give the trait a bit of oomph.

I'm not certain how feasible it would be to limit spouses to one child.  As far as I know defines controls total children per character, but not children per spouse. There might be a way to jury rig something to the Paelex trait though. Something to look into.