[mod] Regula Magistri

21 hours ago, bobbily said:

Alright, the mod is Azure ready!  Please let me know if there are any issues.

Changelog:
The mod is now compatible with CK3 version 1.4.

Thank's! That was fast!

Can I ask, is Carnalitas 1.5.1 compatible with CK3 1.4 already too - besides version number in .mod file?

On a side note - can I suggest to add another game rule, that saves women from getting killed while they are serving as knights?

At least myself prefer it this way:

doctrine_gender = {
	group = "main_group"

doctrine_gender_magister_dominated = {
		is_shown = {
			NOT = { has_game_rule = full_gender_equality }
		}
		piety_cost = {
			value = faith_doctrine_cost_high
			if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = doctrine_gender_female_dominated }
				multiply = faith_unchanged_doctrine_cost_mult
			}
			else_if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = doctrine_gender_male_dominated }
				multiply = faith_changed_doctrine_cost_mult_two_step
			}
		}
		parameters = {
			female_dominated_law = yes
			male_claims_are_weak = yes
			men_cannot_inherit_implicit_claims = yes
			men_cannot_be_granted_titles = yes
			combatant_must_be_male = yes
		}
		character_modifier = {
			name = male_ruler_female_dominant
		 	opinion_of_male_rulers = 10
			opinion_of_female_rulers = 20
		}
	}
}

Hi, I'm 75% certain that I've tracked down the source of male uninvited guests to orgies:

This is the code that creates uninvited guests in regula_orgy_events.

However the second part of the OR block only stipulates that the guest be deviant, and doesn't exclude males.

#50% chance of pool character guest, 50% chance of new guest
			random = {
				chance = 50
				random_pool_character = {
					province = capital_province
					limit = {
						regula_orgy_1003_potential_guest_trigger = yes
						save_temporary_scope_as = potential_guest
					}
					alternative_limit = {
						OR = {
							AND = {
								OR = {
									has_trait = beauty_good
									has_trait = intellect_good
									has_trait = lustful
								}
								matching_gender_and_sexuality_trigger = { CHARACTER_1 = scope:potential_guest CHARACTER_2 = root }
								is_female = yes
							}
							has_trait = deviant #This could be the issue. Doesn't exclude males.
					}
					save_scope_as = new_guest
				}
			}

I've altered the above fragment to look like this, hopefully fixing the problem. I've only tested it a handful of times though.

alternative_limit = {
						OR = {
							AND = {
								OR = {
									has_trait = beauty_good
									has_trait = intellect_good
									has_trait = lustful
								}
								matching_gender_and_sexuality_trigger = { CHARACTER_1 = scope:potential_guest CHARACTER_2 = root }
								is_female = yes
							}
							AND = {      #put deviant condition in AND block with female req
								is_female = yes
								has_trait = deviant
							}
						}
					}

@eldiyar, those sneaky men!  I'll patch that out.

I'm not sure what's up with the war declarations, but it looks like some kind of weird localization issue.  I'll poke around and see what I can find.

@xlvs, that code looks like it just bars women from serving as knights. 

Hi, since you're here, I've also got a request/question.

As you're probably aware, the base game mechanics doesn't really factor in the possibility of a player amassing a huge number of wives and children, and so some of the mechanics which might work for small families don't play well when scaled up to many tens of wives and hundred of children.

The most annoying one is the dreaded "Stress Cascade", and I used a custom version of the "AntiStressCascade" mod from the steam workshop.

Another annoying event is when a lover of yours gets exposed for whatever reason and EVERY SINGLE WIFE asks you to leave her, generating endless pop-ups.

I am very happy that you were able to implement a decision to get sons out of the players court to their mothers court.

So if it possible I was wondering if you could make some kind of flavorful decision that alleviates the stress problem. Perhaps a decision that you could take which costs piety and/or stress and in return either relieves the stress of your mulsae/paelici or gives them a temporary buff that decreases stress gain?

Also, I would love for there to be some kind of spell that can heal wounds/diseases. I currently use a cheat-mod for this but would much rather prefer a flavorful way to do it even if it costs a lot of resources.

The stress cascade is so clearly an error on Paradox's part that I've been hesitant to address it.  We've had 4 major updates without a response though, so I suppose it's pretty far down their priority list.

The spouse lover exposed event should be addressable with Carnalitas's tools.  I'll look into it.

A paelex/domina healing/improvement interaction is on the todo list.

Another thing I just came across. Had a vassal trigger the event where they try to found a Holy Order... but I already 2 and that's apparently the max, so even though I clicked agree, it said under the tool tip 'Founded " " ', as in, a blank field for the name. 

Sure enough when I went to check my holy orders there's still only two, so pretty sure nothing was founded.

There should probably something in the trigger condition about not triggering if there are already two holy orders. 

Another issue I've come across is Magisterian Heresies.

While dealing with the actual heresy is easy enough, it's a bit immersion breaking right now for one of the other options to just be the Vanilla "Regula Magistri" which has only 2 Tenets.

Also it's very hard to tell it apart on the map with the Religion Filter - They're both the same shade of red, have the same "Magistrian" label on the map, and the same religious symbol when inspecting characters.

edited to add: is there supposed to be a Decision for claiming all Orba? 

PSS: Alot of the Orba have near death health and then die shortly even after I remake them as Paelex... not sure if this is an oversight or if there's supposed to be a massed die off every time you pass on heir.

Edited by eldiyar

The holy order limit definitely isn't two.  There's some weirdness around selecting the barony that serves as its capital though, which causes the event to fail somewhat frequently.  I'm currently looking into it.

The Magestrian heresies will be cut out in the next update.  They're a holdover from the 0.7 religion system. In the meantime the change religion function should force them all back into the fold.

There isn't currently a mass claim command for the orba.  It's meant to be a time for cleaning house (hence the health penalty).  The game just lags a little when re-calculating their non-near death status as paelices, which is why they can still die after you claim them.

I don't really understand how you are even supposed to play with this mod. As soon as I got it and changed religion my entire kingdom fell apart because everyone had a -60 opinion of me because of the evil religion and I could not even use the thing on 90% of the females around me since they all hated me and had a 0% chance of success :/ 

7 hours ago, C2S said:

I don't really understand how you are even supposed to play with this mod. As soon as I got it and changed religion my entire kingdom fell apart because everyone had a -60 opinion of me because of the evil religion and I could not even use the thing on 90% of the females around me since they all hated me and had a 0% chance of success :/ 

Have you played the base game much at all?

Having everyone hate you is par for the course whenever you do any kind of religion change.

The way you deal with it is to make sure your close family and vassals already have high opinion of you so they convert with you. Then you demand conversion on the rest, with a combination of hooks, bribes and just generally managing their opinion to you.

IMO this mod almost turns an easy game into even easier mode, which always runs the risk of being too boring once the sex appeal wears thin because there's no tension. But it's better than mods like Pantheon of Gods because there's actually things for you to do like trying to make foreign empires collapse from within via Fascinare, and capturing holy sites for nifty new abilities.

A note to bobbily, I do eagerly anticipate when you add in more stuff to do, especially in the late game when your'e flush with resources... some kind of money/prestige/piety-sink ;)

50 minutes ago, eldiyar said:

Have you played the base game much at all?

Having everyone hate you is par for the course whenever you do any kind of religion change.

The way you deal with it is to make sure your close family and vassals already have high opinion of you so they convert with you. Then you demand conversion on the rest, with a combination of hooks, bribes and just generally managing their opinion to you.

IMO this mod almost turns an easy game into even easier mode, which always runs the risk of being too boring once the sex appeal wears thin because there's no tension. But it's better than mods like Pantheon of Gods because there's actually things for you to do like trying to make foreign empires collapse from within via Fascinare, and capturing holy sites for nifty new abilities.

A note to bobbily, I do eagerly anticipate when you add in more stuff to do, especially in the late game when your'e flush with resources... some kind of money/prestige/piety-sink ;)

Honestly I have never done much with religion, it just costs too much and I don't usually make it far enough before I go "oh that would be fun to play" and restart for the 100th time lol.

Also when you convert nobody converts with you unless I missed it, I did not pay much attention since very soon after my kingdom started to break apart from all the rebellions and I just quit.

Also what is the best way to actually use the ability? Almost everyone I tried to use it on had either a 0% chance or like 10% and it costs like 100 piety to even try, do I just need to go super diplo at the start?

Fascinare is a hostile scheme, and so to maximize chances you should go into the intrigue tree and get the perks that increase your Hostile Scheme success chance. Add in a good Spymaster supporting your schemes, and some good intrigue score on your own, and it becomes 100% on basically any and all females even if they have negative opinion of you.

If it's still not 100% you can try softening them up with bribes and the like.

The ways to use the ability includes

• making a host of female super-vassals who have high loyalty to you, and which you can upgrade to Paelex once they are landed, making them even more capable and giving you a chance to give them good bonuses. Oh and the Paelex gives bonuses to your capital. With 60 of them my capital is currently getting +300% development.
  • Giving you the ability to use "Astringere" on them, which creates a strong hook. You only get access this with higher Devotion. With strong hooks you can bring almost anyone to your court, get you constant income, and do things like revoking titles safely (after you divorce).
  • Giving you "Rapta Maritus", which makes them kidnap their husband to your dungeon
  • Doing it on foreign rulers inherently destabilizes their realms since their vassals will hate them. I did this to the Basilissa of Byzantine Empire You can also make them sow chaos with an ability that makes them "gossips"

Edited by eldiyar

@bobbily Quick question,

I was tired of dealing with a large realm and so decided to use the option to force vassalization to grow my empire while not actually having to deal with the running of it. However, I can't seem to use it even though I already ensnared them and am the head of faith. do I have to hold a certain level of title, or am I just missing something. Also, do mulsas have to be your vassals to upgrade them or am I just doing something wrong?

There isn't a devotion limit on Potestas.  They do have to border your realm though, which trips me up now and then.

You can only turn landed Mulsae in your realm into Paelices (unless they're the target of a domination war).

34 minutes ago, Aleridia said:

The character visual changes should be an option.

nope, you can turn off the eye color changes or whatever it does to your charmed girls.  But this mod makes everyone on the southern half of the map look green and goofy whether this is on or off.

Edited by Wease

Yea, I would like to second the objection to skin color changes:

there's this one weird person in the world with completely red skin... like they're some kind of Fel-Roc.

I'm guessing you introduced a changed color-palette in order to make the black-skinned One-With-The-Book vassals, but I am personally not a big fan. After making one, I don't like how they basically look like a dried up corpse/lich thing. Even though thematically in the mod you're role-playing an evil hypno-tyrant, i'm not sure i want to be some kind of necromancer.

I personally would prefer a more normal look, and also keeping a very low fertility instead of none at all.

Alright, 0.72 is ready.  While primarily a fix for the palette issues, there's a couple of goodies here.

Fascinare is now a Personal scheme, not a Hostile one.  It benefits from all perks that improve seduction, but is no longer boosted by the spymaster.
Added an AI-focused de-stress event. Those with Paelex and Domina traits can work through their frustrations with your other wives. These sex events remove virtually all stress, and may lead to lover relationships and bisexual traits.
-This is primarily meant to allow the AI to survive death cascades. If Paradox ever fixes the grief spirals the stress reduction will be reduced to more reasonable levels.

Bugfixes and tweaks:
Replaced the hair and skin palattes. Random characters should no longer show up green.
Kicked men out of the orgy, again.
Tweaked the appearance of characters with the One with the Book trait.
Added a game rule to make every entranced character naked, not just the Paelices and Domina.

Regula_Magistri_0.72.zip

18 hours ago, eldiyar said:

I personally would prefer a more normal look, and also keeping a very low fertility instead of none at all.

I agree with the "more normal look" -- I had one with a weird (and unattractive) purplish tinge to her skin. Something more similar to the Albino effect (but with different colored eyes) might be appropriate. Or alternately, striking hair color might work. Or both. I'll see what 0.72 does to them after I finish my 0.71 playthrough.

I think I like keeping them infertile however. I'm tending to use this for older Paelices who I want to preserve as councilors rather than be breeding off (particularly if the Paelex in question is the current ruler's mother).