[mod] Regula Magistri

On 7/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, ClassyAlexking said:

Amazing mod, a good way to relieve stress after some frustrating ironman games.
I wonder if you could add or change one of the holy sites for "RM - mediterranean" to Constantinople. Hagia Sophia got disabled because it isn't a holy site. Not that it will ruined anyone's Byzantine run, it just doesn't give me the full satisfactory of a fully upgraded Constantinople.
Also, can you add an unique event for Restoring the Roman Empire with Regula Magestri religions?

yea i hope i can use the hagia sophia but its kinda suck that you cant use it.

There isn't alot of information on this mod, so I've had to figure out alot of what I can do with trial and error.  I will say one thing,  If you're roleplaying a Count trying to move up in power.  Don't get the Regula Magestri just yet.  Even as I earned my way up to Duke I was opposed to all the Catholics near me.  The biggest problem I had was My liege eventually would wage war to revoke my title unless I reverted to Catholicism.

I've made an addon that allows you to have a paelex vassal abdicate to their heir. It's very bare-bones and just so you have the possibility of actually doing it, there isn't really any flavor text or anything. I've also not thoroughly bug-tested it, just so you know.

To be precise, the requirements are:

• The player has a magister trait.
  • Recipient is a (female) paelex above the age of 45, who is married to and is a vassal of the player.
  • The paelex's primary heir is a (female) mulsa or paelex, married to the player, a descendant* of the recipient, and does not hold a county or higher title.

* They must be a child of the recipient, or one of their ancestors in the last 4 generations or so must be. "any_ancestor" only checks to some limit.

The interaction is automatically accepted, with the following effects:

• The player gets 100 piety
  • The old paelex grants* their titles to their primary heir (without getting claims in return) and divorces the player
  • The old paelex gets the permanent "abdicated paelex" modifier, with the following effects:
    • Severe Health Penalty
    • -100% fertility (likely won't matter, due to age)
    • +1 piety and -1 prestige per month
    • -10 years life expectancy
    • +5 same faith opinion and +20 child opinion

* While I'm not 100% certain, I believe this resets the vassal contract. I wasn't sure how to do a normal abdication, using create_title_and_vassal_change with abdication or succesion doesn't work. Yes, that means it will say "granted" in the title history. It also used to remove the regula succession laws, but I fixed that.

To add to Regula Magistri, put the files in

Regula_Magistri\common\character_interactions

Regula_Magistri\common\modifiers

Regula_Magistri\localization\english

Feel free to use whatever you want of this, bobbily.

EDIT:
I've updated the addon to not reset vassal contracts, and to have proper inheritance according to the inheritance rules, see here.

regula_addon_character_interactions.txt regula_addon_modifiers.txt

regula_addon_l_english.yml

Edited by EtPerMun
2 hours ago, EtPerMun said:

* While I'm not 100% certain, I believe this resets the vassal contract. I wasn't sure how to do a normal abdication, using create_title_and_vassal_change with abdication or succesion doesn't work. Yes, that means it will say "granted" in the title history. It also used to remove the regula succession laws, but I fixed that.

The Abdication Revamped mod does this using:

on_accept = {
		scope:recipient = {
			depose = yes
		}
	}

This is simpler, and definitely doesn't reset the vassal contract.

One potential downside is that their titles may be split up if they have partition inheritance -- but that's just the game working as intended.

21 hours ago, EtPerMun said:

The interaction is automatically accepted, with the following effects:

• The player gets 100 piety
  • The old paelex grants* their titles to their primary heir (without getting claims in return) and divorces the player
  • The old paelex gets the permanent "abdicated paelex" modifier, with the following effects:
    • Severe Health Penalty
    • -100% fertility (likely won't matter, due to age)
    • +1 piety and -1 prestige per month
    • -10 years life expectancy
    • +5 same faith opinion and +20 child opinion

The health malus feels a bit out of place here.  If they're a dowager free from the stress of ruling you'd expect an increase in life expectancy. That would also allow them to stay in their daughter's court, acting as a councilor or something (since presumably they have good stats).

They should also divorce the player, to avoid the unlanded spouse malus.

Edited by bobbily
On 7/12/2021 at 9:01 AM, zargod said:

The Abdication Revamped mod does this using:

on_accept = {
		scope:recipient = {
			depose = yes
		}
	}

This is simpler, and definitely doesn't reset the vassal contract.

One potential downside is that their titles may be split up if they have partition inheritance -- but that's just the game working as intended.

Oh, that's so much easier. Does this also ensure they don't retain claims, or...?

10 hours ago, bobbily said:

The health malus feels a bit out of place here.  If they're a dowager free from the stress of ruling you'd expect an increase in life expectancy. That would also allow them to stay in their daughter's court, acting as a councilor or something (since presumably they have good stats).

They should also divorce the player, to avoid the unlanded spouse malus.

I mostly imagined it as a sort of draining ceremony, divesting the old paelex of her divine power etc.

Hence the health penalties, while the Magister gains piety.

Ultimately though, that was just something I thought might fit. Obviously, you're free to handle that differently.

They do get divorced in my addon, though, as I mentioned:

The old paelex grants* their titles to their primary heir (without getting claims in return) and divorces the player

Edited by EtPerMun

So I need some advice,  How powerful do you guys get before getting the regula magestri?  So far when I've done as a Duke, depending on several things this is what usually happens.  I've I'm under liege who's more powerful, he will just revoke my titles or imprison me.  I can delay this if I'm lucky enough to get strong hooks to get an independence faction,  but then what usually happens is, then they just wage a holy war against me.

7 hours ago, masterpyromancer said:

So I need some advice,  How powerful do you guys get before getting the regula magestri?  So far when I've done as a Duke, depending on several things this is what usually happens.  I've I'm under liege who's more powerful, he will just revoke my titles or imprison me.  I can delay this if I'm lucky enough to get strong hooks to get an independence faction,  but then what usually happens is, then they just wage a holy war against me.

if you want to stay a vassal, get title revocation protection in your contract, and once you have converted, add religious protection, just be sure to not be a criminal by other ways, as they can still imprison you if given an excuse.

I came across a problem with the mod.   I'm not sure whats causing this but, whenever I upgrade a mulsa to a palex it keeps reducing their breast size.  I have the spouses naked option on, and I think that might be connected to the problem.  I'm using the beauty scales breasts mod, and it was working fine before so not really sure whats caused the problem.

20 hours ago, FeliksK said:

Hello. I have strange bug(or feature?). Some characters have green-blue skintone. For example, Dayra in Africa. This is feature or not?

It's from the modified skin palette. It has new colours in a spot that isn't used by the base game but sometimes is by mods (since there's no way to make a second, unlinked palette). The likely answer is that you've got More Bookmarks+ installed, though it could come from any mod that either makes characters or modifies skin tones.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:57 PM, masterpyromancer said:

Okay I found out what the problem is.  So if you have the option for the spouses to always be naked.  For whatever reason it reduced their breast size and changes the portrait.

I have no idea why this would be so. Regula Magistri just set's the character to naked, it doesn't modify their body shapes.

You can try putting this mod before Beauty Scales Breasts in the load order.  I'm not sure it'll help, but I don't use BSB and don't know how it modifies appearances.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:35 PM, bobbily said:

It's from the modified skin palette. It has new colours in a spot that isn't used by the base game but sometimes is by mods (since there's no way to make a second, unlinked palette). The likely answer is that you've got More Bookmarks+ installed, though it could come from any mod that either makes characters or modifies skin tones.

I use only this mod and Carnalitas. Some African and Indian people have green-blue-red skin. This is skin palette from this mod. This palette need for mod, or I can delete it without crash of mod?(sorry for my english).23509212_(82).png.dc657d12b18ca4f2f089c51e4e73cc45.png

@FeliksK, deleting skin_palette.dds will revert the skin tone back to normal with few other issues (One with the Book characters will look odd).  I'd suggest checking if you have the most up to date version of the mod though.  Daura definitely shouldn't be green.

@potatoloard, to upgrade Mulsa use the interaction "Domitans Tribunal."

2 hours ago, bobbily said:

@FeliksK, deleting skin_palette.dds will revert the skin tone back to normal with few other issues (One with the Book characters will look odd).  I'd suggest checking if you have the most up to date version of the mod though.  Daura definitely shouldn't be green.

I dont have this option...

12 hours ago, bobbily said:

I missed the sign "the file: ..." at the top of topic. Now I have last version, and all looks ok. Thanks)