[mod] Regula Magistri

Nice, any chance we could have both female ruler and female vassals? I'm planning to get this to work together with "Daughters of Lust" and "Adroit Religion" (with some edits to the flavor text and tenets file) to achieve a matriarchal mind-controlled kingdom where female vassals are mind-controlled by a succubus leader that wants nothing more than to fuck all the men and she also mind-controls all her female vassals to do the same.

Hello, everyone. I have Lesbos as my domain and it is supposed to make my offspring mostly female, but I'm still getting a crazy amount of sons. Am I missing something here or am I doing something wrong? Is there something I have to do to activate it? All other functions I have tried worked as intended except this one.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ad020202 said:

Hello, everyone. I have Lesbos as my domain and it is supposed to make my offspring mostly female, but I'm still getting a crazy amount of sons. Am I missing something here or am I doing something wrong? Is there something I have to do to activate it? All other functions I have tried worked as intended except this one.

Thanks.

I think Lesbos makes something like 1 in 5 kids sons. If you're having a billion kids like I normally do, you're still gonna have a ton of sons. It's just how things are gonna be when you have that many kids. Also, I'm pretty sure it's everyone in the religion that has a more daughters, not just you.

39 minutes ago, Gabe Lincoln said:

I think Lesbos makes something like 1 in 5 kids sons. If you're having a billion kids like I normally do, you're still gonna have a ton of sons. It's just how things are gonna be when you have that many kids. Also, I'm pretty sure it's everyone in the religion that has a more daughters, not just you.

Thanks for the response.

I made a mistake when I said I am having a crazy amount of sons. What I actually meant was I was having a very high ratio of son to daughter. It is almost the same ratio as vanilla game.

In my test, I tried editing the chance in regula_holy_site_events.txt from 60 to 100, while daughter to son ratio raised significantly, the chance of having daughter isn't 100%.

Maybe there is something wrong with my testing measure or maybe I am just not correctly understanding how the chance works in this game.

If  anyone has an answer to how the chance works, I will appreciate it very much.

Edit1:

It seems like it was my testing measure that was wrong.

Upon testing on a clean save, chance=100 actually made all offspring female.

@lidashisb and @Tempmania, I'm open to a female Magistri, but coding all the alternate scenes is well above what I can do in my free time (without slowing everything else to a crawl, anyway). If you want to put something together I'll do what I can to integrate it into the mod, but as things currently stand I think it's best to turn to Daughter of Lust for the female-centric POV.

I'm not seeing the same bug.  I just converted to Catholicism, then added in the Magestrian doctrines/tenets for a new heresy without any issue.

Well, almost no issue.  Only the modified doctrines showed up in the selection box. 

Update time!  I heard you like intricate effects that are ridiculously hard to code, so I got you a little something.

Changelog:

Added an alternate set of Holy Sites, with their own minor benefits.  The sites are:

Rome - Bloodlust of the She-Wolf
Toulouse - Faith of the Perfecti
Zeeland - Acumen of Nehalennia
Gotland - Vitality of Freyja
Krakow - Glamour of Wanda

This variant can be selected during the initialization event or swapped to using the settings menu (see below).  The three tenets are Regula Magistri, Concubinocracy and Warmonger.

Reworked the major Jerusalem/Rome Holy Site bonus. Holders of Jerusalem will now give two traits when using the Fascinare Scheme: Mulsa and Infecta. This second trait represents a parasitic portion of the Magister's will, which will hop from host to host in the target's realm, converting/charming each time. The chain will naturally end after ~4 conversions.
-Does not affect wards.

Added a set of prisoner interactions. Female captives can be charmed, fucked, brainwashed to become your lover, or reduced to mindless thralls. Fascinare/Astringere interactions are cheaper when applied to prisoners.

Added a new Compeditae scheme: Instiga Discordia. Instruct your servants to sow discord in their liege's court, triggering a rivalry between their liege and either a powerful vassal or their liege lord.

Added a new interaction, Astringere (and associated interactions Destringere and Restringere). Add strong hooks to Compeditae, at the cost of a bit of their health and fertility. Will add a small amount of tyrrany/dread.

Added two new random events. In the first an ambitious Paelex will ask to be made Domina, in the second a militant Paelex will request resources to set up a holy order in their demesne.

Created a settings menu, accessible via the minor decision "Manage Regula Magistri Settings" 
Players can now auto- ssign their children to be raised in their mother's court. The "Manage Child Education Settings" option in the settings menu/event will lead to an event that allows boys, girls, or both to be educated by their mothers without player involvement. Base code by shaaaaq.
Players can switch their religion between the old Mediterranean Holy Sites and the new European set by selecting "Change Regula Magistri Holy Sites" in the settings event. All Compeditae in your realm will convert, as will your counties.

Added another Domitans Tribunal event to the roster, "Monumental." 

Added an action to inform the player when Mulsae can be dominated, Orbae can be claimed, or independent rulers can be vassalized. (Initial code by shaaaaq).

Bugfixes and Tweaks:
Fixed the domitans tribunal interaction.  New Paelices will now break up with every lover, not just one
Adjusted Abice Maritus.  The player can trigger the interaction without the requisite holy site, but possessing the holy site allows the AI to take the interaction and reduces the cost for the player from 250 -> 100 piety.
Patched the Orgy invitation. Attendees will no longer invite homosexual/bisexual men, no matter how ridiculously good looking they are.
Fascinare will now remove the nemesis relationship, not just a rivalry.

Known issues:
The shackles often don't line up with prisoner's wrists.  This is due to an error in the game's default animation.
Despite the flavour text, those that are one with the book don't die when the book is destroyed.
Default game doctrines don't show up when creating a new religion (the tenets still do, and existing religions are unaffected).

23 hours ago, bobbily said:

Adjusted Abice Maritus.  The player can trigger the interaction without the requisite holy site, but possessing the holy site allows the AI to take the interaction and reduces the cost for the player from 250 -> 100 piety.

Based on the changelog, it appears that the piety is suppose to come from the player and not the woman. However, currently the woman is the one that needs to pay the piety. Which would take forever. Quick math shows that it'll take 10 to 12 years to get enough piety for 250, and then you still have to go to war to get the territory anyway. Currently not worth it.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:00 PM, ieraceu said:

Based on the changelog, it appears that the piety is suppose to come from the player and not the woman. However, currently the woman is the one that needs to pay the piety. Which would take forever. Quick math shows that it'll take 10 to 12 years to get enough piety for 250, and then you still have to go to war to get the territory anyway. Currently not worth it.

IIRC, the way it worked in the previous update was that you could pay 250 piety to have the woman do it guaranteed, but she still needed to get her own 250 piety to actually do it.

Also, of course it's not worth it. You have holy wars as an option. But CK3 optimized is easy enough that using the interaction for roleplay isn't gonna cause you problems if you play even slightly optimized otherwise. You also are always swimming in piety as magister.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:07 PM, lc1999 said:

Thanks for the update! Is it save game compatible? Actually, just asking, wouldn't mind to start a new game with this amazing mod anyway.

Not really. Seems like it creates some issues.

Edit: It'd be cool if you could figure out some way to make the game force a pregnancy regardless of fertility if you choose the "breath life into her womb" option. Maybe have a separate option for the beauty traits if you think that having it on the beauty traits thing would be too powerful.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:03 AM, bobbily said:

Added an alternate set of Holy Sites, with their own minor benefits.  The sites are:

Rome - Bloodlust of the She-Wolf
Toulouse - Faith of the Perfecti
Zeeland - Acumen of Nehalennia
Gotland - Vitality of Freyja
Krakow - Glamour of Wanda

Added a set of prisoner interactions. Female captives can be charmed, fucked, brainwashed to become your lover, or reduced to mindless thralls. Fascinare/Astringere interactions are cheaper when applied to prisoners.

Added a new interaction, Astringere (and associated interactions Destringere and Restringere). Add strong hooks to Compeditae, at the cost of a bit of their health and fertility. Will add a small amount of tyrrany/dread

Added another Domitans Tribunal event to the roster, "Monumental." 

There's a lot to unpack here.

1) What are the effects of these new Holy Sites? Are they the same as the original ones? If so, which ones are which (flowery names are all very well -- but an ongoing Glossary would be nice to keep track of all these terms).

2) Do the "prisoner interactions" still require scheme slots?

3) What exactly are the "associated interactions Destringere and Restringere"? Again, a Glossary, keeping track of all the myriad terms would be very useful.

4) The Domitans Tribunal tends to be more than a little of a 'black box' already. I am particularly confused why the 'physical' ("Push it into her body and strengthen her form") option most typically results in 'Athletic' (whose affect is a small increase in prowess -- which would only be useful if you're risking your harem as knights, and a small health boost) and 'Herbalist' (which is 'lifestyle' rather than being physical at all -- though of some use for a character you wanted as a Court Physician, Court Chaplin, or Spymaster). Some explanation of the likely and unlikely outcomes, old and new, would be very useful.

Do not get me wrong. I really enjoy this mod. But there are times that it is difficult to keep track of things, and to work out if new features fit my game play style.

14 minutes ago, zargod said:

1) What are the effects of these new Holy Sites? Are they the same as the original ones? If so, which ones are which (flowery names are all very well -- but an ongoing Glossary would be nice to keep track of all these terms).

2) Do the "prisoner interactions" still require scheme slots?

3) What exactly are the "associated interactions Destringere and Restringere"? Again, a Glossary, keeping track of all the myriad terms would be very useful.

4) The Domitans Tribunal tends to be more than a little of a 'black box' already. I am particularly confused why the 'physical' ("Push it into her body and strengthen her form") option most typically results in 'Athletic' (whose affect is a small increase in prowess -- which would only be useful if you're risking your harem as knights, and a small health boost) and 'Herbalist' (which is 'lifestyle' rather than being physical at all -- though of some use for a character you wanted as a Court Physician, Court Chaplin, or Spymaster). Some explanation of the likely and unlikely outcomes, old and new, would be very useful.

Do not get me wrong. I really enjoy this mod. But there are times that it is difficult to keep track of things, and to work out if new features fit my game play style.

1) They're all the same.
Zeeland = Brescia
Krakow = Alexandria
Gotland = Carthage
Rome = Jerusalem
Toulouse = Lesbos

2) No. It's definitely an amazing way to get mulsa if you plan to have a lot of land to give out.

3) They just give or take away the strong hook Astringere gives you over the girl.

4) Yeah. As far as I can tell there's nothing really different about it. I think the new event was actually just flavor, although an actual explanation of what all this stuff can do would be nice. On the Athletic+Herbalist thing, I think it's both of those because Athletic on its own isn't as useful as +1 level to education trait, so it's there to give another bonus and Herbalist is one of the only traits that isn't congenital and strong + Athletic is a bit too good.

Looking at the prisoner events, I do not get the point of making someone a mindless husk. What am I going to do with a woman who has 0 stats and can't do anything?

Also, there should probably be a bonus for certain interactions like educating children or offering vassalization when you do it against a woman with the Mulsa trait.

@lc1999, unfortunately almost any modification to the religion breaks savegame compatibility.  The old savegames should load, but attempting to work with the new holy sites will be... problematic.

@ieyasu, the target piety requirement is for balance reasons.  The effect is straight up broken if you can target any female character.

@zargod:

1. A glossary is a good idea.  For the moment you can see the effects of the holy sites in the Holy Sites part of the religion window.  Gabe Lincoln has listed they main comparisons.

4. The base game doesn't have many traits directly tied to physical performance.  I just picked the ones that made the most sense at the time.  Once it's more developed it'd be neat to tie this effect to Mange2020's physical attributes mod.

@Gabe Lincoln, the Contubernalis trait is mostly for roleplaying. The mod vassalization interaction (Potestas non Transfunde) does get easier against Mulsae. The womb Domitans Tribunal will also make the character pregnant (that's the primary outcome), though I haven't checked to see how it interacts with barren/infertile/etc..

Another Domitans Tribunal anomaly that just came to mind, is the rare (but not that rare) chance of it turning your Paelex immortal and infertile (I can't remember which choice this comes out of). This is particularly annoying if she (i) has good congenital traits & (ii) doesn't have that great stats -- so that you want to breed her, but don't want her as a permanent fixture. I would much prefer if this radical and apparently irreversible change was kept as player choice only.

Excellent mod, I have a blast with it.

Few things I think should be improved:

1. Starting the mod with the book decision, you can take the decision multiple times as the event takes a few days to fire. The decision should be disabled after the first time.

2. Way too many children. The goal is to fuck as many women as possible, not turning them into baby-making machines.
The 2 and 3 children should be avoided. 

This will lead to chain of stress induced death under a century.

3. With a king level title, if you "fascinare" a queen from another country then use the "Abice Maritus", she will become the queen of the country, without a husband. But she will refuse to marry you "faith does not allow polygamous".
The decision to vassalize her will pop in the "current situation" list but cannot be taken.

4. Even with the "birth control" decision active from Canalitas, children keep poping out. I think it's because there is no check on the fertility when children are scripted by the events.

5. When making a vassal a Paelex, the dilema should gives more clue about the result. Each option should list the possible outcomes with percentages (like during hunts).

13 hours ago, bobbily said:

@Gabe Lincoln, the Contubernalis trait is mostly for roleplaying. The mod vassalization interaction (Potestas non Transfunde) does get easier against Mulsae. The womb Domitans Tribunal will also make the character pregnant (that's the primary outcome), though I haven't checked to see how it interacts with barren/infertile/etc..

I was more talking about women too old to have children. Like 50+ years old. I just wanna give my 46 year old lowborn genius a chance to have an heir that I will inevitably fuck to have my own heirs be genius.

13 hours ago, Aleridia said:

2. Way too many children. The goal is to fuck as many women as possible, not turning them into baby-making machines.

I can't say I've really had a problem with this one. The bonuses from high tier magister traits makes this a thing that doesn't really happen. I also think they made it so that you don't get as much stress from family members dying in the recent patches to the base game.

15 hours ago, Aleridia said:

The way I've been getting around this is using the individualised Chastity settings of the Submssive Partners mod to control the number of children they have. Typically, I let landed harem members have only one or two daughters, so that the title doesn't go to some random female courtier. For harem members with good congenital traits, I typically let her have a couple more, and land the excess daughters myself.

SP also lets you make your harem members nude, which is fun. :)

The only downside is that the mod appears to be abandoned, so may break with each new patch. :/