[mod] Regula Magistri

1 hour ago, dummytwo said:

Guys I have a question.  I have Queen of England  as mulsa and got rid of the King and all his titles belong now to the Queen. How can I make her Paelex? I don't have that option. 

Is she a vassal? If not, you will have to vassalise her first -- which may not be easy. There is an RM character interaction that lets you vassalise lower rank Mulsa, but it has an insanely high prestige cost for (even small) Kingdom-rank targets.

• 3 weeks later...

So I haven't been able to entirely rule out some kind of weird mod interaction (though the mods in question are all Carnaletas mods) but the rule making it so that all effected by the Book/all wives being naked doesn't seem to work and I am uncertain if there is just something obvious that I have not activated or something.

Okay, so after deleting the mod and reinstalling, as well as a bit more fiddling about, I have found the thing that seems to be the issue, at least on my end.

Only mods active are Carnaletas and Regula Magestri, but if I have the option active that changes their eyes, they don't get naked when under the power of the book. I don't know if this is repeatable or if there is something else wrong that I am missing, but that seems to be the cause of the glitch for me.

It'd be cool if certain events had those hidden options that only appear when you have a certain trait or a high enough stat have options for if you're magister. There's one on a hunt that'll tell you a secret. It'd be cool if that one had an option for hypnotizing the woman if you got a woman for that event.

I'm not sure why, but my character become a "Poenitens" and lost the Regula Magestri powers. What is the way out of it? The trait says to make amends and gain piety, but i don't see a Decision or Right click menu option where to put that piety. 

Will there be en event after gaining a certain amount of piety?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so much to like here!  could the Sway scheme be used to help soften a woman up to negate penalties?  if you spend time getting to know them that should help reduce rank problems, paranoia and other negatives...and if the woman is at high stress you might even see her get the Confider trait....confiding in you... a chance to learn foreign court secrets! it could also be used if a woman has had a fascinare success but has low piety, so a sway right after would be instead of a piety check to get rid of hubby.  this would exchange set checks for putting an extra step or two in the scheming so you really have to think about the value of that fascinare.  Sways wouldn't be necessary, but a workaround for obstacles.  Seduce or Romance could also serve for that with a success removing all future checks for piety, personality and the like.  To off-set this you might get a free friendly scheme once you start up being the Keeper.

@bobbily I was having the same issue as @Lunaryon. The modified file you provided fixed the problem but I think I have some more info about what's happening:

• Initially the compeditae nudity gamerule just wasn't doing anything (including after starting a new game)
  • After using the new regula_portrait_modifiers.txt it was working but everybody was skinny with small breasts
    • I suspect this is because the body shape wasn't updated properly when the clothing was removed
  • I updated Character Body Overhaul because I figured it was the cause of the issue and I changed the portrait modifiers file back
    • The game normally resizes character bodies to prevent clipping with clothes, this update removes that and makes all clothes conform to the body shape
    • With this setup however, clothes were showing up on compeditae, but their breasts were clipping through them
      • This implies the game was trying to use the vanilla clothing, instead of the replacements from CBO; all other characters were using the replacements
  • Finally with the body overhaul updated and using the modified regula_portrait_modifiers.txt everything works perfectly (everybody's naked and have the right proportions)

In summary, there seems to be a conflict between the compeditae nudity game rule and Character Body Overhaul's clothing. The issue is fixed by the hot patch you shared but only if CBO is version 1.5+. Hopefully my testing will help you replicate the bug and make a more permanent fix.

Thanks for the detailed bug report @armadilloman862!

To make characters naked I was just adding the gene template no_clothes.  From looking at the (old) CBO code it looks like our nudity code overlaps, though theirs reboots the body morphs after setting the nudity. The more recent CBO code has those lines removed, which is probably why the mods don't conflict anymore. For safety's sake I've incorporated the body morph reboot into my code.

The attached file incorporates the modified code.  I don't run with any breast-resizing mods, but hopefully this fixes any issues with those.

regula_portrait_modifiers.txt

• 3 weeks later...

This one isn't a bug per se but I think it's worth bringing to your attention:

I charmed most of the top vassals in the Byzantine Empire (going for a sexy mc world conquest) and I used the "Usurp Charmed Vassals" casus belli. At some point they had started a servitude faction but it hadn't reached the strength required to make demands by the time I went to war. After thoroughly beating up their liege's armies however, they suddenly had enough relative troops to go to war. Of course because they were a faction that was technically vying for the same land as me, they were hostile and wiped out a few of my armies, killing a Paelex or two. I considered just making white peace and letting them win their war but I realized the faction didn't have all of the vassals I'd charmed in it. Ultimately I just loaded the last autosave and grouped all of my armies up and they didn't mess with me but it still felt silly that they would attack the guy that literally wanted the exact same thing as them.

I came up with 3 possibilities for solving the problem (I haven't done much Clausewitz modding, so I can only guess how easy each option would be):

• Servitude factions can't make demands while their liege is fighting a domination or usurpation war
    • Totally acceptable, easy (I think)
  • Armies of servitude factions are neutral to the attackers in such wars
    • May be trickier since by default any army fighting for the same land is a sort of neutral-hostile (they'll fight you but not as readily as your mutual war target)
  • Members of servitude factions automatically join the war as allies or can be allied and called upon against their liege
    • Honestly I have no idea how easy, possible, or practical this would be

I meant for this post to be shorter than the last one but I get a little carried away when it comes to formatting ?. I've really been enjoying this mod and how it significantly changes the sorts of problems you have to deal with in the game. Like how do I keep all this rampant inbreeding under control, or how do I keep my multi-empire realm in one piece under partition when I have hundreds of sons? So keep up the good work, and I'd love to contribute more directly at some point.

Edited by armadilloman862
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bunt776 said:

Sure, you go into the common/decisions/regula_initialize_decision.txt file and change it.

Thanks. It wasn't there when I was looking (very) late last night but there it was today. ?

I halved all three of them and by luck found a nice civilised start out in SE Asia around Thailand and Malaysia.

Two Three other questions now are:

1. Is there any point in converting females to the RM religion when I can put the fluence on 'em anyway?

2. Is there any point in converting males or is it just a 'bums on seats' thing to bump the number of converts?

3. Where do I see my rank? I got a message at one point but I clicked it away by mistake.

Could some one post a quick recipe or formula for spreading out once the mod starts. I'm trying to work out a rolling program of conquest/expansion.

Do you create your first Fascinaris in your own court and then start on your neighbours? Or do you do the neighbours first?

Do you take your first victim and work through from Fascinari to all the other options before moving on to another victim?

On 10/15/2021 at 10:00 AM, Grey Cloud said:

Thanks. It wasn't there when I was looking (very) late last night but there it was today. ?

I halved all three of them and by luck found a nice civilised start out in SE Asia around Thailand and Malaysia.

Two Three other questions now are:

1. Is there any point in converting females to the RM religion when I can put the fluence on 'em anyway?

2. Is there any point in converting males or is it just a 'bums on seats' thing to bump the number of converts?

3. Where do I see my rank? I got a message at one point but I clicked it away by mistake.

1) Females in the Regula Religion will like you more making it easier to hypnotize them.
2) It makes the males less likely to try to rebel, and also makes the family Regula once again making it easier to convert.
3) Your rank is a trait that correlates to your piety rank.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:21 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Could some one post a quick recipe or formula for spreading out once the mod starts. I'm trying to work out a rolling program of conquest/expansion.

Do you create your first Fascinaris in your own court and then start on your neighbours? Or do you do the neighbours first?

Do you take your first victim and work through from Fascinari to all the other options before moving on to another victim?

Generally, I try to get vassals first(doesn't matter the rank) then I just sorta spread out. It's not really super feasible to do the whole "make a foreign land fall into your influence by hypnotizing all the vassals" thing in my experience. Or at least, it's not that useful because CK3 is already pretty easy and you become pretty very quickly. Although I mostly do start as an independent in the 867 start, so there could definitely be places where that's significantly more useful.

16 hours ago, Gabe Lincoln said:

Generally, I try to get vassals first(doesn't matter the rank) then I just sorta spread out. It's not really super feasible to do the whole "make a foreign land fall into your influence by hypnotizing all the vassals" thing in my experience. Or at least, it's not that useful because CK3 is already pretty easy and you become pretty very quickly. Although I mostly do start as an independent in the 867 start, so there could definitely be places where that's significantly more useful.

Thanks for the info.

Since posting that I've had a good time as the Byzantines. It was all going fairly well until I screwed up with a war. I did a different faction previously (might have been my first attempt with RM) and I was doing okay until my character died and the wheels came off almost immediately.

I've just tried as the Sassinids Abbasids (an old TW favourite) but when I started RM it started then immediately closed (10 seconds +/-) and went back to the muslims. A while later (decades of game time) it fired up and went off again).

All the menu entries are there but they are greyed out.

Edit.

Did some testing on that and it isn't this mod. For whatever reason this mod wouldn't fire up with the Abbasids - tried few times. As luck would have it the next faction I tried was the Safarids (?) but for some reason the king guy has something like -1100 (as in negative) royalty/crown thing plus the entire realm goes up in arms as soon as you land in the game.  Took me two or three goes with that start to realise it was 'normal'.

Anyway i tried a couple of European starts and RA worked fine.

Edited by Grey Cloud