The positive thought thread.

No matter how low your self-esteem is, there's always at least one person out there who masturbated thinking about you.

When I saw this, I was thinking who?

Then 2 seconds after reading this... *laught a little*.

You know you can be bad in sports but you already have been first into a race against millions other participants.

Yeah you are living as a proof of this.

Made me remember this one girl back in, Christ, what was it...6th grade? Anyway, while we were in music class, right after the singing stopped she asked me if I'd like to be her boyfriend. She kept asking for about a month but I always turned her down cause I was just a snotty kid who only wanted to play football and found everything else to be a waste of my time.

Met her a year or so back, she went from being a 4/10 to a 10/10. Guess the joke's on me, eh...

I guess.  Sometimes I wish I could live another life.

You know the name King Solomon, right?

Legend has it that he had a guy who would say one thing to him after any bit of pressing news. The persons only job was to lean over and whisper in his ear . . .

This, too, shall pass.

Not just bad news, ALL news.

I do this. I remind myself that there's nothing new under the sun. And when I have a bad day, I remember that tomorrow is another day because this, too, shall pass. When I have a good day, I don't necessarily shit all over it by saying that, but I'm fully aware that tomorrow is another day.

Here's another thing: melancholy begets melancholy. People with that kind of mentality (that aren't clinically depressed) will swear up and down that they don't want to be like that, while denying any and all attempts to help. I mean you can lead a horse to water, right?

There's no magic bullet to make it all go away. It takes work. The individual has to remind themselves that they don't suck and then they have to go do something about it... get out in public. take your device to a local anywhere to surf reddit and loverslab, even if for :20. Go somewhere different for lunch. It takes more work to keep yourself in the funk than it does to crawl out from under it. 

And this whole thing is just another way of saying "What are you going to do about it?" . . .

. . .Well? Nobody can help you if you don't help yourself. So what are you going to do about it?

Well I gained the courage to make calls and emails I had to for goals, and they were recieved well enough. I was scared and I slowly pushed through it, one step forward 12 back per step it seemed,it took months longer than I wanted it to but it was done.

Well I'm here which is awesome because when I left I was under the impression I wouldn't be back for a long time.  I get there and my time was cut in half plus I got 3 for 1.  Instead of a month I got five days!

Someone up there is looking out is all I know.  :P

Well I'm here which is awesome because when I left I was under the impression I wouldn't be back for a long time.  I get there and my time was cut in half plus I got 3 for 1.  Instead of a month I got five days!

Someone up there is looking out is all I know.  :P

No one leaves LL. Absolutely no one. No matter how certain one is that he or she'd never come back.

After a bit more than a week of eating only tiny snacks I ate a big pizza yesterday. Thinking back to it still feels awesome. Very positive.

Well I gained the courage to make calls and emails I had to for goals, and they were recieved well enough. I was scared and I slowly pushed through it, one step forward 12 back per step it seemed,it took months longer than I wanted it to but it was done.

WELL DONE. You did it.

And what was the 12 steps back?

I recently found out that I am not as evil, vile, and hateful as I thought and others were led to believe ( though I am pretty bad) . There are far worse than I ( just met some) and for the most part, I guess that is a positive thing? It made me pause into some sort of light-hearted moment.

• 3 weeks later...

My bad thoughts are in the rant thread, so i'll say something good. 

I was recently asked to come and speak at my old school about how education is important to being successful and about jobs and such. I don't believe that for an instant, so i'm going to tell them the truth - if you work hard enough you can do pretty much anything you like, unless you want to be a lawyer... you need education for that. 

It's positive because although I got a decent education, it had no part in getting me a job. I started my own business and I work as a freelance Graphic designer. My A* in Maths had nothing to do with that. I worked hard to start myself up and took on some pretty shitty commissions to get here. That's what i'm going to tell those yobs, because education is important but it's nothing without willpower. 

Oh and if you're unemployed and getting irritated about the government not 'giving you enough help' then it's your own fault that you're unemployed. I was unemployed for 2 years solid a long time ago, but I started my own job after realising that they weren't going to give me any help. The best part? My jobcentre advisor laughed in my face when I said I was going to go freelance. I make more money than they ever could in their job; I looked it up, they'd have to be area manager and I'd still make slightly more. 

• 2 weeks later...

Realizing that people in my country are not as self centered and xenophobic as the rest of the world think they are has been a wonderful discovery for me.

I've had a similar revalation a few weeks ago about my country. Violent crime rates are at an all time low, there's no school shootings, unplanned pregnancies almost always end with marriage, we have no word for "slums", drug abuse is farely uncommon, there's no politically-correct insanity like in some other countries...the economy might be weaker in comparison, but at least you can take a midnight stroll without the fear of getting stabbed or shot for a pair of nikes.

I hope this place never becomes "first world", it's perfect just as it is.