Must have and useful follower mods

Figured I'd post up a few more of my favorites.

Just because I can, the previously mentioned Scarlet (drool)...

Scarlet2.jpg.35e2cd7fe7e190b5f73a3035670f7108.jpg

Then there's Xevaria (minus the horns, which I took out). The same mod contains Dallas, who is also extremely hot. Haven't found her in my current game since I ran my code to move all my followers around.

Xeveria3.jpg.def65dcc8ea8bcccfac98834c25a9830.jpg

Xevaria is a bit of a bully and likes to pick on my other followers.

Xeveria2.jpg.810343228a7a847a10eadd984f1fd6b4.jpg

Xevaria's Victim, Khinara Jade. Can't stand face tattoos, so I removed it.

KhinaraJade.jpg.f9ff6cc4dc82704aedd243a515ad16b9.jpg

Finally, another hottie who is not available on the Nexus, Ella. I think I originally got her from the Steam Workshop in the dim and distant past, and she has been converted to SE along with some better skin textures.

Ella.jpg.c63be77453ddd613bfd8fdc03cd0a82f.jpg

• 1 month later...

I use Interesting INPC with its Apperance Overhaul. The Mod in itself is not a Follower Mod but it adds a bunch of it to your game and they all have custom Dialogue. Some more, some less of course but you get a ton of Followers with 2 ESP. And the Quests it adds as a Cherry on top of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If one counts mods which affect followers to make them more useful, then there is Growl - Werebeasts of Skyrim which can turn all of those beefcake beaus and muscle maidens/metal clad models into a legion of werewolves at one's beck and call. One could even make Uthgerd into one to make up for her flunking the entrance exam to become a Companion. 

Vampire Lord Serana allows Serana to tap into her true potential the way that she was probably always meant to regardless of whatever aesthetic mods are in play. She could be a tiny oh-so Moe Waifu, an Amazon or Blackula (or would it be Blackulina since Draculina is the feminized diminutive of Dracula?) and she'll go beast mode on command all the same. 

If one could use a laugh, then Roderick Redbeard could help one out. If one needs a savior, then Jesus will help one out in one's time of need. Also, remember to use the save feature in the menu. Jesus saves those who remember to save often. 

Since it does not seem to be clearly laid out in a link (if it is there, it is well hidden behind a spoiler tag), I will recommend Interesting NPCs, the combination quest mod, follower mod and partial overhaul which add many different characters to the setting, most of whom are all written in such a way as to seem as if they should have been there all along. The few exception are very much intended to stick out (such as the raised skeleton who learned to speak from listening to random NPC conversations).

• 4 weeks later...

Follower Mods; my home is your home, no more hunting bow, pick default follower armor, followers as companions, multifollower lite, opposite gender animations to stop the female followers from acting like bull dykes.  I tried one follower overhaul but the followers acted like they were tweaking on meth; constantly swaying and looking around on high alert.  It was annoying.

I don't normally use followers because I play as a melee death machine; don't need them.

13 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Follower Mods; my home is your home, no more hunting bow, pick default follower armor, followers as companions, multifollower lite, opposite gender animations to stop the female followers from acting like bull dykes.  I tried one follower overhaul but the followers acted like they were tweaking on meth; constantly swaying and looking around on high alert.  It was annoying.

I currently have 180 followers in my game and none of them do any of that with the exception of me deciding what they wear and wield.

16 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

I play as a melee death machine; don't need them.

I play as a skooma dealing pimp and I play the game for laughs.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, thesteve812 said:

How do I PM a file to someone so that it's not uploaded to LL site? The file has been hidden on Nexus.

Mouse over their name

message.jpg.b62d48fa7fd02fed4afe8468da963b0e.jpg

Rest is pretty self explanatory

Pretty much none.

Lucien and Inigo but both currently disabled and will likely remain that way.

Previously used Sofie for a while but that was a long while ago.
Roderick (as mentioned already by Faux Furry) is good for a laugh.
Thinking of trying out Recorder, just so I can change her Cave discovery comment (she's bound to have at least one) to her singing "Digga Tunnel" but I suspect that would get old in short order.

Due to the way that Skyrim scales its difficulty levels and the fact that this scaling does not affect followers, I never use them since they generally unbalance my game by killing everything.

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 11:55 AM, Mez558 said:

difficulty levels and the fact that this scaling does not affect followers,

How so? In vanilla or in general? Everything scales in my game and my followers often get their ass handed to them. Vampires are a real nightmare strong as a beer fart? and just don't go away but I digress. 

2 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

How so? In vanilla or in general? Everything scales in my game and my followers often get their ass handed to them. Vampires are a real nightmare strong as a beer fart? and just don't go away but I digress. 

Unless you have a mod that adjusts followers to match the PC then they are not subject to the same diffuculty scaling as the PC is.

So, lets say, on Master difficulty you might be doing a 3rd of the damage and they might be doing 3 times the damage (I don't know the actual figures, I plucked those out of my arse. If they stink that's why) but your follower(s) will still be doing full damage and taking the normal amount.

Not a specific must have or useful follower, but I like to use Nether's Follower Framework and use the force follower dialogue.

I like getting followers that would usually die or you wouldn't see again. Like Larina in Hob's Fall Cave that took Pantea's flute. Larina dies (sacrificed) if you go all the way through the cave. I cheat and jump up to where she is, destroy the skeletons, rescue and recruit her. Also the prisoners in Northwatch Keep. I also use The Manipulator to make them essential.

The females are Botoxed, so they look just as good as follower mods. Nothing special about them, but I feel better that I saved them.

7 hours ago, Mez558 said:

follower(s) will still be doing full damage and taking the normal amount.

Can always scale a follow so they are not OP or set a skill level that is low.

You probably know these but for changing stats and AV hit the tide key click on follower follower  and type setlevel 1000,1,0,150 the last number is what the follower will stop scaling so if you want a low level just set to what ever number you choose.

can also change their stats click follower type setav onehanded 100 or whatever skill and level you want them at for skills, health, and stamina

It works well in games as I often have NPC be followers.

14 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Unless you have a mod that adjusts followers to match the PC then they are not subject to the same diffuculty scaling as the PC is.

Don't know about that one as I only play on the default difficulty and get my tough enemies from mods.

6 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

One of the things I do to newly installed followers is sort out their stats, levelling, etc using T5E.

Speaking of followers, I've just installed another 10. ? ? ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106918

Windranger.jpg.3d1cb11b22d3cb270ae923b859f5fbaa.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106497

Cindy.jpg.b94b93b116b48156f728ddc11f8377f2.jpg

Warmaiden's is starting to get a bit crowded.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106810

Bonnie.jpg.3cb415a4a750e50de93cdc1791e4a756.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/107508

Needs her name changing to Selina 2

1686653816_Selina2.jpg.fc9811cb5aeda9a0fc3cb578add759b8.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/104298

Astrid.jpg.3a6112139a5c9f6675b52a50bcd4c0a8.jpg

11 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

You probably know these but for changing stats and AV hit the tide key click on follower follower  and type setlevel 1000,1,0,150 the last number is what the follower will stop scaling so if you want a low level just set to what ever number you choose.

can also change their stats click follower type setav onehanded 100 or whatever skill and level you want them at for skills, health, and stamina

It works well in games as I often have NPC be followers.

I do generally edit custom followers (as I they are often based on the author's own PC and so are overly heroic) and armour/weapons but, as GC said, I use xEdit, normally just removing excessive perks is enough.

It's not that vanilla followers, like Lydia or Serana, or well balanced custom ones, like Lucien or Inigo are complete killing machines in all situations but in the standard bandit/animal fight that would a challenging affair at Master difficulty they just walk through them. The tougher fights they struggle without an effective PC to back them up, which they don't have as I am often running from these sort :D

• 2 weeks later...