General discussion

2 minutes ago, synfinity said:

I'm getting "Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

Yeah, that is what most people get. Don´t know how the other guy got some different info

• 4 weeks later...

They do have a clue. The database is corrupted and the software is outdated.
As far as i know the lone site admin has other obligations and no time to really fix things at the moment.

I think maybe we should move to a new site and make a fresh start.
The Garden is a mess with no clear structure and too much "dead wood"

8 hours ago, pes1972 said:

Yes, and dp16 preinstalled version is superb so that one could be useful, https://mega.nz/folder/JJQwiSib#4hKLfhVoF2W0jiI0qS9HhA All info on how to install and in what order is documented in one of the folders

All should be aware DP16s version is highly modified especially the customizer. He basically removed some catgor9 he doesn't used and slimmed down the interface. I like it but I had to go back into his script and add things I needed back. So all should be aware of that.

People should be wary of repacks in general. As one user put it: you inherit someone else's solutions to his problems.

But there's another important reason IMHO: if you don't get to know the structure of the program folders and how they all work together you are never going to get the most out of this game. The initial learning curve pays off in the longer run.   

21 hours ago, Marburg said:

People should be wary of repacks in general. As one user put it: you inherit someone else's solutions to his problems.

But there's another important reason IMHO: if you don't get to know the structure of the program folders and how they all work together you are never going to get the most out of this game. The initial learning curve pays off in the longer run.   

Agreed. It's time consuming...and a bit of a pain in the ass at 1st. But once you get the hang of it, you can streamline your installation paths and have complete control. I have shortcuts to my addons, activemod, binaries, pose and logs folders on my taskbar. So I can just go right where I need to go to install or remove a file. Plus I have all files organized by the date they were achieved in those folders. So if ever I come across a file that causes an error, I can just find it by the date I added it and get rid of it.

Absolutely! I have a similar setup, with shortcuts to important locations and this repeated for several installs like ""test"and "development"

You can wake me up in the middle of the night and i can tell you in which folder a room texture file should be located :)

But maybe that's just me... i always want to find out what makes the clock tick. And then ruin it LOL

1 hour ago, Marburg said:

Absolutely! I have a similar setup, with shortcuts to important locations and this repeated for several installs like ""test"and "development"

You can wake me up in the middle of the night and i can tell you in which folder a room texture file should be located :)

But maybe that's just me... i always want to find out what makes the clock tick. And then ruin it LOL

Definitely agree here...after running a rather messy install of VX Beta decided to organize things a bit better down to the naming of textures.  Biggest thing I did was named texture folders similar to the add-on they are tied to so I can easily move crap around.

Got a message i never got before by trying to connect to the garden.

502 Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please report this message and include the following information to us.
Thank you very much!

URL: http://www.modsgarden.cc/
Server: parking1
Date: 2020/10/03 15:26:45