Persona 4 Golden (Mod Request)

are you working with photoshop? I've found when batch editing many identical portraits where only the head changes / the head and arms, that you can often use the action recorder to automate replacing a static section repeatedly. (Of course, you may already be doing this/ doing something even easier)

46 minutes ago, thepledge said:

are you working with photoshop? I've found when batch editing many identical portraits where only the head changes / the head and arms, that you can often use the action recorder to automate replacing a static section repeatedly. (Of course, you may already be doing this/ doing something even easier)

nah I use Clip Studio Paint, Dunno if its got something like that, but I can look into it

Got another update. Finished up the base edits for pretty much all the girls I'll being doing (except Naoto, cause she's gonna take the longest to edit.) But yeah, this should give a good idea of what to expect in the future. I'll probs work on implementing some of em tomorrow or somethin.

Chie Base.png

Margaret Base.png

Marie Base.png

Rise Base.png

Yukikio Base.png

@Skizzikus I will be totally honest with you....I don't think they look very good. The nipples especially don't mesh very well with the rest of the bodies (Rise and Yukiko are okay-ish, but the others look kind of ugly).

I'll fully admit I know nothing about doing portrait editing like this, but I would encourage looking for others who do if you're inexperienced with this kind of modding. My first idea of where you can go for help is the Neptunia threads (eg https://www.loverslab.com/topic/115870-hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth3-ecchi-mod/) and contacting some of the people who are putting up edits there, like NovaRain.

I would encourage you to to still continue ahead with this project, but I hope you consider my advice regardless.

1 hour ago, Jinraider said:

@Skizzikus I will be totally honest with you....I don't think they look very good. The nipples especially don't mesh very well with the rest of the bodies (Rise and Yukiko are okay-ish, but the others look kind of ugly).

I'll fully admit I know nothing about doing portrait editing like this, but I would encourage looking for others who do if you're inexperienced with this kind of modding. My first idea of where you can go for help is the Neptunia threads (eg https://www.loverslab.com/topic/115870-hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth3-ecchi-mod/) and contacting some of the people who are putting up edits there, like NovaRain.

I would encourage you to to still continue ahead with this project, but I hope you consider my advice regardless.

Its all good, you and ef24ta are definitely right though, Now that Im looking at them again, they really do look really really off. Serves me right for making this while super tired i guess
In anycase tho, thanks for the feedback and that bit of info, ill def look into it and hopefully I can whip up some edits that dont look so... gross lol

It's a step in the right direction, but it still doesn't look right. I can't exactly pinpoint why; it just still doesn't look like it fits on her body.

Compare it to an image I pulled from a neptunia nude mod:

Spoiler

b13d1e7ebb084ce28f612d20c911b0b9_zpsl2ibzmpq.jpeg

Another thing I would suggest you look at is the bust sizes for each of the girls. Each of them look like they have the same 'mould', even if it doesn't fit their body type. I would take your own suggestion and try to 'follow' the swimsuit portraits for scale.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:05 PM, JoeMesh said:

You're on the wrong website if you expect people not to focus on nude mods.

Honestly, it's not about expectation. I might just be a hypocrite because personally, my eyes are on the guys but, once again.. Dare I apply the phrase wrong website here too? Not to mention, it's not like there's full body sprites to work with, let alone anyone who's actually going to directly model any changes to the 3D models. Although I say this, I still wouldn't want to actually use it though.

Heya @Skizzikus. Nice job there mate.
What might be feeling off might be the way the nipple (and aureola) looks...
They are perfectly round which make them looks a bit out of place. You could try deforming them a little bit according to the breast perspective.
And moving them a bit as well...
The images below are a quick edit of how I see it.

1.jpg.723e10887f92734a5d705bc7de5020cb.jpg2.jpg.f091991fe25ea533ca0ba69ddc2c88ce.jpg3.jpg.d923572b27b24fc3c82d77f762ab4311.jpg

This might be me nitpicking, I hope you don't mind me using your sample as example.
All in all, despite my crappy edit. I think the left nipple (from our pov) should be a bit higher than the right one.

Hi this is someone who did a few little mods on neptunia and saw that someone said that the nipples from there would be better so I just quickly made this mock up with two nipple types from neptunia. The work on this was done very quickly just so a vague idea can be put out there.

Spoiler

435064783_P4GTest.png.77a66b627eeb1953eada2e7f5919e016.png

1473798838_P4GTest2.png.6ffa5a7fed5fe755b3e341150feda4ca.png

I personally think that the one on the right looks a little bit better but idk. I also don't own the game so I wouldn't be able to see what it would look like in game.

Edit: Put another comparison picture.

Alrigty dang, didnt expect to get all that feedback overnight but thanks. Well, here's yet another attempt lol. I referenced the pic from Neptunia Jinraider posted, Compa especially, so hopefully this take is at least starting to look better to you all. I think its probably gonna need more takes before I really got it nailed down tho

Chie Nude Edits.png

25 minutes ago, Skizzikus said:

Alrigty dang, didnt expect to get all that feedback overnight but thanks. Well, here's yet another attempt lol. I referenced the pic from Neptunia Jinraider posted, Compa especially, so hopefully this take is at least starting to look better to you all. I think its probably gonna need more takes before I really got it nailed down tho

Nice, you removed the nipples/aureolas outline and deformed/distorted them a little. This gave them a more smooth and natural feeling.
And I believe you also make the shadow smoother (without rough edges). Nice job.
PS: At first I though your previous nipples were your art style (giant nipples)

50 minutes ago, Skizzikus said:

Chie Nude Edits.png

tbh i personally liked your first design but it's up to you if you want to change it or not i guess

3 hours ago, iyahhou11 said:

tbh i personally liked your first design but it's up to you if you want to change it or not i guess

I disagree. I think this version looks much more in line with the original art style, and just looks nicer, in general. But, it could just be that I have a preference for this style more.

4 hours ago, Skizzikus said:

Chie Nude Edits.png

I'll say, yes personally I do like the newer style better, but it's always nice to see someone modding a game that I'd want to play.

But, I am honestly very happy that there is someone who is willing to take feedback and change it accordingly.

Thank you so much for all your hard work. It is really appreciated.

10 hours ago, Skizzikus said:

This one is much better.

Shadows for the tits are too high making them look disproportionate to the body IMO. I'd edit it to show my point but I'm too lazy to set up my tablet and stuff. However, the nipples look quite nice, maybe the positions are a bit off but once that's fixed along with the shading, it'll look nicer.

Good job so far.

1 hour ago, MirageSPL said:

Shadows for the tits are too high making them look disproportionate to the body IMO. I'd edit it to show my point but I'm too lazy to set up my tablet and stuff. However, the nipples look quite nice, maybe the positions are a bit off but once that's fixed along with the shading, it'll look nicer.

Good job so far.

I thought about the shadow as well, but I guessed it was me nitpicking to far >.< so I didn't mention it.