Persona 4 Golden (Mod Request)

15 minutes ago, agent57 said:

Models are using a custom .amd ( atlus mesh data? ) file format. I’m not aware of any tool that can create/edit these. 

The Amicita tool from Shrine Fox can read and export them. Noesis can change them to .fbx so blender can read them.

2 hours ago, iyahhou11 said:

Tried myself at modding this game just to see if it works. Changing textures and swapping models is definitely easy enough, but without being able to edit the models themselves it just looks bad sadly.

20200627211428_1.jpg

Considering the limitations, looks pretty decent in my eyes.  Good work

I couldn't get Amicitia to import P4G's amds but neosis seems to work well enough. The problem I ran into when importing them into blender is a few of the bones, usually on clothes/legs, bending in the wrong direction and this error is baked into the animations. You have to manually go through the animations frame by frame (all 300+ of them) and move those one or two stray bones to the right position or the animation is broken.

In other words, it's possible to mod the models but it's very painful either due to an imperfect export from neosis or an imperfect import in blender.

6 hours ago, iyahhou11 said:

Tried myself at modding this game just to see if it works. Changing textures and swapping models is definitely easy enough, but without being able to edit the models themselves it just looks bad sadly.

20200627211428_1.jpg

Slightly off-topic question: how does the game handle cutscenes when they're modded to wear different clothing? Does the game freak out at all if you go into a cutscene with Yukiko in that outfit?

3 hours ago, Seanne said:

Slightly off-topic question: how does the game handle cutscenes when they're modded to wear different clothing? Does the game freak out at all if you go into a cutscene with Yukiko in that outfit?

I haven't tested it or anything myself, but chances are each individual outfit is an entirely different person as far as the files are concerned, it would have been the easiest way to do things from a developers perspective

5 hours ago, Seanne said:

Indeed that's quite broken. The standing animations seem to be fine, but whenever yukiko had to do something that wasn't walking or standing it would just go apeshit.

(like yukiko swimming midair, or trying to build a sandcastle on the school floor). Probably cause each amd file has its own animation, aka what megadoom41 said is pretty much on point.

On 6/18/2020 at 3:05 PM, JoeMesh said:

You're on the wrong website if you expect people not to focus on nude mods.

my take is that first things first bug fixes and graphical upgrades then the nude mods and sex mods maybe even reworked animations and new mechanics could come before then 

8 hours ago, animeproblem said:

my take is that first things first bug fixes and graphical upgrades then the nude mods and sex mods maybe even reworked animations and new mechanics could come before then 

Again, you're on the wrong site if that's what you're looking for. This site exists to discuss, create, and share sexually-explicit game mods.

It's also silly because it assumes that this is the only community that intends to create and share mods for P4G. There are other groups and people that are working on their own mods, completely separate from the work being done here. Let them deal with the bugfixes and QoL stuff. That's not what this site is for.

This is essentially like standing in the candy isle of a grocery store and complaining that they should focus on proper nutrition, when there's a produce section just a few yards away.

Still working on it. The main characters have a lot of bustup files. Yukiko in particular takes a lot of work because her breasts are almost out of frame so I have to move her up and add the missing parts but things are moving along.

More progress:

b3_6_1.png.7ca00617036bb4191fe2251b6c409ff0.png

b4_1_1.png.8cd4190b72bdbf6ccc0e89e7b9e67ada.png

b22_2_0.png.3c2d32c093d0c746a60d98094b0d42ef.png

b32_1_0.png.546a324b1a6f74407dd6d71c84300689.png

pst_02e.png.a57a3d79bfcd1d1f87e14fb7ac21fb97.png

pst_03d.png.7c725fadc808db2cf382a0c036fa341a.png

pst_095.png.6a26e212319f4b1e4cfc294cfc367a08.png

15 hours ago, thepledge said:

If you'd be willing, I'd love to see a gender-swapped Helel

I plan to go over all the main characters and any other quick edits. I'll release that version, then if I'm up for it I might try to make more involved modifications. There are a lot of personas that I find unappealing visually (like that goat with a horn) which can be swapped out for something better but It'll have to wait for now.

23 hours ago, scZetto said:

Still working on it. The main characters have a lot of bustup files. Yukiko in particular takes a lot of work because her breasts are almost out of frame so I have to move her up and add the missing parts but things are moving along.

More progress:

Wow nice work!  Looks great.

On 7/11/2020 at 4:53 AM, LogosAdept said:

Great stuff! I think the nipples on the nurse and angel could use a bit of work, but definitely looking forward to this becoming available.

You're right about that. Fixed:

b22_5_0.png.e9461dca92282e4e66f0077e876a1091.png

I also finished 1 more persona portrait. Not all edits will be this transformative but sometimes I feel inspired. ?

pst_06e.png.352cc03a120e23226feb1959995b3e1a.png