Persona 4 Golden (Mod Request)

I don't know if you played the game before, but there is a part of the game where they do talk about breast measurements, in general.  Link to a youtube playthrough, Starts at 11:32

youtu.be/q95nFYniJ9c?t=694

Just an idea to help you differentiate each person.

Also, if you base the colour of the nipples on the girl's lips, that could make the edits look more natural.

EDIT: Oh wait, there is a cutscene where they go to a hot spring.  That would probably be a better source:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTB1oWxtCAM

I've been experimenting with modding the game as well. I'm trying to make the game more lewd without breaking immersion too much, although I do plan on adding full nudity here and there (especially on the persona/shadow side). I'm using photobocket because I'm new here so bear with me. ?

marie.JPG?width=319&height=193&fit=boundb3_1_4.png?width=319&height=193&fit=bounyukikoShadow.JPG?width=319&height=193&fipst_00e.png?width=319&height=193&fit=bou

I'll be re-texturing models as much as possible but editing them is a painful process so I'll skip that until better tools are available. Feedback is welcome!

34 minutes ago, scZetto said:

I've been experimenting with modding the game as well. I'm trying to make the game more lewd without breaking immersion too much, although I do plan on adding full nudity here and there (especially on the persona/shadow side). I'm using photobocket because I'm new here so bear with me. ?

marie.JPG?width=319&height=193&fit=boundb3_1_4.png?width=319&height=193&fit=bounyukikoShadow.JPG?width=319&height=193&fipst_00e.png?width=319&height=193&fit=bou

I'll be re-texturing models as much as possible but editing them is a painful process so I'll skip that until better tools are available. Feedback is welcome!

Yo, I was hoping someone would try their hand at the personas!

11 hours ago, scZetto said:

You're doing the lord's work, these look amazing. I can't wait till a release.

On 6/20/2020 at 3:38 PM, Skizzikus said:

Alrigty dang, didnt expect to get all that feedback overnight but thanks. Well, here's yet another attempt lol. I referenced the pic from Neptunia Jinraider posted, Compa especially, so hopefully this take is at least starting to look better to you all. I think its probably gonna need more takes before I really got it nailed down tho

Chie Nude Edits.png

If you use the color on her lips in the nips its going to be better visually, the color of the lips are usually the same of them nips.

19 hours ago, scZetto said:

Ayy thats some nice work dude! Youre gonna give me a run for my money lol
Keep it up! Im digging how your take on this is coming along!

On 6/21/2020 at 10:28 PM, scZetto said:

This looks great (too)!  Having the nudity make some sense would be nice.

Nope.  Persona has its own engine.  However the pc version is slightly different in that it’s using the pac format from Hyperdimension Neptunia.  You can use the packer/unpacker for rebirth2 to compress/decompress the archives but that’s where the similarity ends.  

The 2d pictures are referred to as “bustups”.  These are compressed into .bin files using the persona engines native compression.  The images are comprised of TMX files which Is the games own custom image format.  

As to editing the persona engine if you google “persona modding” you should be able to find the tools easily enough.

*edit* In case it's of use to anyone here's the results of some file of my file splunking ( potenial spoilers):

Spoiler

Bustups are split across data00000.pac and data00001.pac. The filenames have the following layout bX_Y_Z.bin, where:

X= Character ( see below)

Y= Facial Expression

Z= Outfit

The following characters are located in data00000\bustups:

b0: Yukari (persona 3)
b2: Yosuke
b3: Chie
b4: Yukiko
b5: Rise
b6: Kanji
b10: Nanako
b11: Dojima
b12: Adachi
b13: Saki
b14: Namatame
b15: Mitsuo
b16: King Moron
b17: Kashiwagi
b18: Mayumi
b19: Master Daidara
b20: Old Lady Shiroku
b21: Tanaka
b22: Sayoko
b23: Kou
b24: Daisuke
b25: Noaki
b26: Kuroda
b28: Ai
b29: Shu
b30: Yumi
b31: Ayane
b32: Eri
b33: Igor
b34: Margaret
b35: Shadow Yosuke
b36: Shadow Chie
b37: Shadow Yukiko
b38: Shadow Rise
b39: Shadow Kanji
b40: Shadw Naoto
b41: Shadow Teddie
b42: Shadow Mitsuo
b43: Shadow Namatame
b44: Shadow Adachi
b45: Gas Station Attendant
b46: Chihiro ( persona 3)
b47: Hanako
b48: Hirragi
b50: Edogawa
b60: Marie

The following characters are in data00001\bustups

b6: Kanji
b7: Naoto
b8: Teddie
b9: Fox

It's kinda interesting how they left Yukari in.

yukari.png.eb833682197540684ce996b96a160705.png

14 hours ago, agent57 said:

( potenial spoilers):

Hide contents

Bustups are split across data00000.pac and data00001.pac. The filenames have the following layout bX_Y_Z.bin, where:

X= Character ( see below)

Y= Facial Expression

Z= Outfit

The following characters are located in data00000\bustups:

b0: Yukari (persona 3)

It's kinda interesting how they left Yukari in.

I've read elsewhere that the game makers were pretty much broke when they made Persona 4 and were desperately trying to get it finished before they ran out of cash, so instead of taking the time to properly branch out new code for the new game, they just built Persona 4 on top of the code of Persona 3 like it was a fan-mod, which resulted in artifacts like this one being scattered around the place.

17 hours ago, akaaoi said:

I've read elsewhere that the game makers were pretty much broke when they made Persona 4 and were desperately trying to get it finished before they ran out of cash, so instead of taking the time to properly branch out new code for the new game, they just built Persona 4 on top of the code of Persona 3 like it was a fan-mod, which resulted in artifacts like this one being scattered around the place.

Square Enix came forward with the funding they needed, which is why they have their name in the opening.
This is also why the characters look MUCH closer to how they're supposed to look in the animated scenes than they did in P3.

Some more updates:

Spoiler

1.JPG.e6d1fbbd3fbceed8491053c5ebb0f1fd.JPG

4.JPG.6a94de9b54e131c35203a9e7aa4931ba.JPG

2.JPG.2d0da6a66248350c44fadf8d8c5cb522.JPG

3.JPG.13cc7935e57b3fbc449d3a38f7372334.JPG

I'm not sure how I can share mods for P4G at the moment. The Mod Compendium doesn't seem to work so the only thing I can think of would be to share the modified Pacs which are huge files.

In any case I'll keep working on modifying the character/persona portraits.

45 minutes ago, scZetto said:

I'm not sure how I can share mods for P4G at the moment. The Mod Compendium doesn't seem to work so the only thing I can think of would be to share the modified Pacs which are huge files.

You can use Xdelta patch when you finished. It will create file with differences that can be applied to huge Pacs.

here is an idea,

if the mod (pac) file is huge in size,

we can share modded images with their proper name (as in game file) then each user can repack the modded images himself to avoid big size file sharing issues.

we can make a step by step tutorial for packing & repacking.

some of the work done by the guys in the forum look very good already.

best of luck to the modders!

33 minutes ago, 201193 said:

here is an idea,

if the mod (pac) file is huge in size,

we can share modded images with their proper name (as in game file) then each user can repack the modded images himself to avoid big size file sharing issues.

we can make a step by step tutorial for packing & repacking.

some of the work done by the guys in the forum look very good already.

best of luck to the modders!

Would it be possible to make some kind of repository to share resources?

34 minutes ago, iyahhou11 said:

Tried myself at modding this game just to see if it works. Changing textures and swapping models is definitely easy enough, but without being able to edit the models themselves it just looks bad sadly.

20200627211428_1.jpg

Is it possible to use the unpacker tool, edit the models in, say, blender and/or GIMP, and then repack them?

24 minutes ago, Seanne said:

Is it possible to use the unpacker tool, edit the models in, say, blender and/or GIMP, and then repack them?

Models are using a custom .amd ( atlus mesh data? ) file format. I’m not aware of any tool that can create/edit these.