So I might just be stupid but I don't get how to make unstable enchantments. In the description it says I need to
place the enchanted armor in the world and activate it? What does that mean? Do I need to drop it somewhere or put it in a container? And how do I activate it?

I tried around for a while but I can't figure it out.
Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, TheTreeman said:

So I might just be stupid but I don't get how to make unstable enchantments. In the description it says I need to
place the enchanted armor in the world and activate it? What does that mean? Do I need to drop it somewhere or put it in a container? And how do I activate it?

I tried around for a while but I can't figure it out.
Thanks in advance.

Just drop the armor on the ground, then press E on it. Though, to get the option to destabilize you have to be carrying at least 3 warped soul gem fragments.

Edited by Code Serpent

There's a bug with alchemy transforming effects: they will always only transform you for 80% of the stated value. There should be a transform tick when the magic effect starts in addition to every second because the final tick at 5 seconds in will never run (the potion expires which terminates the script early before the update).

31 minutes ago, wm46 said:

There's a bug with alchemy transforming effects: they will always only transform you for 80% of the stated value. There should be a transform tick when the magic effect starts in addition to every second because the final tick at 5 seconds in will never run (the potion expires which terminates the script early before the update).

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I'll add that to the list.

18 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Just drop the armor on the ground, then press E on it. Though, to get the option to destabilize you have to be carrying at least 3 warped soul gem fragments.

Ok, I since I did that (with the warped soulgem fragments) and it didn't work I assume there is a issue with my port to SE. Or something else. 

I just pick the item(s) up. The alchemy part is working fine though, also the warping of the soulgems and dissecting too. It just seems to effect the warping of the enchantments

Edited by TheTreeman
1 hour ago, TheTreeman said:

Ok, I since I did that (with the warped soulgem fragments) and it didn't work I assume there is a issue with my port to SE. Or something else. 

I just pick the item(s) up. The alchemy part is working fine though, also the warping of the soulgems and dissecting too. It just seems to effect the warping of the enchantments

The script doesn't work with player-made enchants, and the list of acceptable items with enchants doesn't seem to include vanilla rings / necklaces / circlets (though maybe this is an SE issue, I want to look it up later).

So if you want to get unstable alchemy items, you need to find or buy something like "Scaled Bracers of Alchemy", then drop it on the round and activate them.

8 hours ago, wm46 said:

acceptable items with enchants doesn't seem to include vanilla rings / necklaces / circlets

That's an oversight on my part. I'll try to get this fixed in the next update.

8 hours ago, wm46 said:

The script doesn't work with player-made enchants

Yeah, this is a problem I haven't found a solution for yet. There are ways to detect player-made enchantments, using the WornObject SKSE script, but for some asinine reason, they don't detect looted items enchants. So, I need to figure out a way to cobble together the two detection methods behind the scenes into one gameplay mechanic.

17 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

I was wondering on your next pass of this mod if there will be any more unstable enchanted items added? E.g. Necklaces, circlets etc

Maybe. It's not a priority thought since the unstable rings I've added are mostly just a way to get the unstable enchantments.

• 2 weeks later...

3.1.0 (9/26/22)

-Changed tripping from large breasts and stumbling from large asses. Tripping only happens when stamina is below a threshold.
-Fixed potion morph effects. Effects should now apply remaining morphs on effect end.
-Skeletons can now be 'dissected', which gives random human/elf bone meal.
-Dissecting Vampires now give 1-3 vampire dust.
-Added Stamina threshold options to the MCM for size effects.
-Fixed refinery breaking when it runs out of vanilla ingredients but still has morphology ingredients.

Edited by Code Serpent
On 9/9/2022 at 7:18 AM, wm46 said:

Anyone having issues with the alchemical refinery? I can get it to run once or twice in a row on a save file, but after that it breaks. At that point, clicking on the refinery in my inventory will just clase the inventory without doing anything. If I drop the refinery on the ground and then use it I get the option to pick it up or refine ingredients, but still no menu after that.

When it's broken, Skyrim shows the quest as not running, but ReSaver shows a bunch of frozen AlchemicalRefineryQuest scripts. After deleting those and the active quest data from ReSaver it still won't work, but if I use "StartQuest <RefineQuest>" I can once again run the script only once.

Maybe it has to do with me just chucking my whole inventory into the refiner causing the script to freeze? I'm not really familiar with the refinery code.

Edit: Also the issue persists even after resaving the ESP as form 44

I found the source of this issue. On Stage 5 of the quest, if there aren't any normal ingredients, the quest stops, but after that stop call, the stage checks if there are any morphology ingredients in the refinery, and moves to an appropriate stage. So, the quest gets stuck in between stopping and transitioning to another stage. I just tweaked an if-else statement to fix it.

Thank you for this great mod! It's really added to my alchemy focused playthrough!

One question - and I have no idea how complex this would be - would it be possible for an effects strength/multiplier to be added? That way we could scale up/down the strength of the alchemical changes per item ingested?

5 hours ago, Jabiru said:

One question - and I have no idea how complex this would be - would it be possible for an effects strength/multiplier to be added? That way we could scale up/down the strength of the alchemical changes per item ingested?

Are you talking about the experimental effects, or the morphing effects?

40 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

Are you talking about the experimental effects, or the morphing effects?

The morphing effects. Basically would it be possible for there to be a slider that could make the incurred effect more subtle or dramatic? 

Edited by Jabiru

Just a suggestion idk how hard it would be to implement since I have 0 modding capability, but a compatibility patch for SL Survival might be interesting to use morphology potions on forced drink encounters. I feel like it'd be an interesting new gameplay loop to try and re-normalize yourself after not being able to afford tolls or something like that. Especially if you're a warrior build but get forced to drink morphs that buff a mage build and debuff warrior stats and so on. I know that SLS already uses an inflate potion but I believe it modifies ni nodes rather than morphs and causes torpedoing pretty quickly and I find that it usually doesn't look as good compared to what this mod does. 

Either way just thought I'd throw in my two cents, cheers!

Edit: Also is this version compatible for SE? I remember using it on an SE playthrough a while back but don't se an SE download here so I can't remember if someone else patched it and that's the version I used.

Edited by H Bof
2 hours ago, H Bof said:

Just a suggestion idk how hard it would be to implement since I have 0 modding capability, but a compatibility patch for SL Survival might be interesting to use morphology potions on forced drink encounters.

That likely needs to be done on SL Survival's side. I imagine all that needs to be done is to add the potions the leveled list or form list that is used for those drink encounters, either through a patch file or an import script.

2 hours ago, H Bof said:

Edit: Also is this version compatible for SE? I remember using it on an SE playthrough a while back but don't se an SE download here so I can't remember if someone else patched it and that's the version I used.

Mostly. The .esp is form 43, while SE uses form 44, but I don't think that causes much of an issue. The main compatibility will be which body type you're using on SE. If you're using UUNP then it's compatible out of the box. If you're using CBBE you'll need to use wm46's config linked in the description.

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

That likely needs to be done on SL Survival's side. I imagine all that needs to be done is to add the potions the leveled list or form list that is used for those drink encounters, either through a patch file or an import script.

Mostly. The .esp is form 43, while SE uses form 44, but I don't think that causes much of an issue. The main compatibility will be which body type you're using on SE. If you're using UUNP then it's compatible out of the box. If you're using CBBE you'll need to use wm46's config linked in the description.

I had been using this mod in SE with the BHUNP body and it worked out of the box. 

3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Thanks for the info, do you have any idea how to find it or do an efficient search for the list through SSEdit? My only experience with it is changing keywords and armor stats. My only progress is I've found a few of the items in the FormID Lists but don't see any comprehensive list of the items being called for with toll payments. If not all good and I'll see what info I can find elsewhere since its a SLS topic at this point so I don't wanna spam this thread

36 minutes ago, H Bof said:

Thanks for the info, do you have any idea how to find it or do an efficient search for the list through SSEdit? My only experience with it is changing keywords and armor stats. My only progress is I've found a few of the items in the FormID Lists but don't see any comprehensive list of the items being called for with toll payments. If not all good and I'll see what info I can find elsewhere since its a SLS topic at this point so I don't wanna spam this thread

I've never used SLS, so you'll have to ask in their thread to see how the mod's been put together.

On 9/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, Code Serpent said:

That should be possible. I'll see if I can add it for the next update.

Thank you for considering it!!

One other question -- is there any simple way to tell what morph is being affected by an equipment enchantment? I suppose I could wear it for a while and then scan and look at any changes... but is there another way I'm missing?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have a problem. There are no settings in the MCM menu. Only the Options section is displayed on the left side. When I click on it, nothing appears.

The mod was tested on a clean game with only the necessary mods installed.

Game - Skyrim SE 1.5.97. At first I thought that it does not work on SE, but here it seems that some users wrote that the SE mod works great.

15 hours ago, mrghost1480 said:

Hello! I have a problem. There are no settings in the MCM menu. Only the Options section is displayed on the left side. When I click on it, nothing appears.

The mod was tested on a clean game with only the necessary mods installed.

Game - Skyrim SE 1.5.97. At first I thought that it does not work on SE, but here it seems that some users wrote that the SE mod works great.

Everything worked after recompiling the MorphologyMCMScript script.

• 2 weeks later...

i think this is kinda disrespectful to author's true intent, but any tips on disabling the debuff? as a casual scum, i tried it myself and didnt go well, since now same buff keep stacking up and magicka amount is too high now.

any tips on preventing such same buff stacking up over and over again? my method was simply deleting debuffs off the ESP. i guess there is more stable way to disable debuffs?

18 hours ago, 4nchorage Pingas said:

i think this is kinda disrespectful to author's true intent, but any tips on disabling the debuff? as a casual scum, i tried it myself and didnt go well, since now same buff keep stacking up and magicka amount is too high now.

any tips on preventing such same buff stacking up over and over again? my method was simply deleting debuffs off the ESP. i guess there is more stable way to disable debuffs?

...you can disable size effects in the mcm