On 3/31/2021 at 10:54 PM, macnchz said:

tried your mod in the past, and the creatures were "unselectable"  - meaning I could do nothing with them, they were in essence floor lamps.. I am hoping the new version has changed that somehow?

Nope it's the same.

These creatures are still without dialogue or other interactive features. You'll need other mods that add such things to creatures in general.

CO More Creatures is more or less just a base and is deliberately kept as bare bones as possible. Not that I see that see it as a downside - quite the opposite is true for me. I mean I did achieve my intended goal after all.

However, people are free to edit my mods to their liking if they're not satisfied and upload their version afterwards. No need to ask for permission.

Nice touch, i always thought those mages in winderhold  look like they would keep some Summons as guardians and this mod don't overpupulate the citys and inns with too many Creatures.. Having 4 to 5 horses and an extreme number of dogs in each city like the other mod did was.. overkill xD

I did all you said but I can't get cell shaded effect to work, It's without those black borders. Please can you upload enberies,ini enblocal.ini as well?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who's interested, I've scrambled together something that visually changes Dogs to Grey Wolves from the True Wolves of Skyrim mod by KrittaKitty.

[REQUIREMENTS]

MoreNastyCritters SLAL

ABC (and the True Wolves patch that comes with it) - not a requirement but just get this one too, ok? Pretty please?

Here's how they look ingame:

Spoiler

1846198270_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_04.17-14_47_08_46.png.df4e08a7a4bcb4ae81ecbbbcfb7519dc.png329259371_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_04.17-14_51_14_47.png.7dd8183ccea5ab2dcc0bb27b6dd77f87.png

Backup your files just to be sure.

Dog to Grey Wolf.rar Dog to Grey Wolf SE.rarDog to Grey Wolf LE Updated Skeleton.rar

Edited by Snoipeh
Updated Skeleton for LE (SE Skeleton already had the latest skeleton changes)
On 4/23/2021 at 3:03 PM, Snops said:

For anyone who's interested, I've scrambled together something that visually changes Dogs to Grey Wolves from the True Wolves of Skyrim mod by KrittaKitty.

[REQUIREMENTS]

MoreNastyCritters SLAL

ABC (and probably the True Wolves patch that comes with it) ...just for the consistency

Here's how they look ingame:

Reveal hidden contents

1846198270_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_04.17-14_47_08_46.png.df4e08a7a4bcb4ae81ecbbbcfb7519dc.png329259371_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2021_04.17-14_51_14_47.png.7dd8183ccea5ab2dcc0bb27b6dd77f87.png

Backup your files just to be sure.

Dog to Grey Wolf.rar 11.08 MB · 0 downloads Dog to Grey Wolf SE.rar 10.96 MB · 0 downloads

Ohh thats really cool! Not a fan of vanilla dogs

I'm not using ABC but I'm glad someone else is thinking about this change

• 4 months later...

Had a lot of fun in my last full playthrough as a Berserker with CO Creature Edit 1.1 installed. I have a lot more plans that need testing but I felt like I should finally upload this build.

Feel free to leave some feedback as I'm certain I overdid a few numbers here and there.

Upgrade instructions are as always. Just replace the old version with the new one.

7 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

Is it ewentuell possible to create a light esp for SE?
if someone has done this and it works without CTD I would please share it.

Light esp? Are you somehow referring to one of my files or even perhaps a modification of one of them with that odd description?

Are you looking for somebody to make a light version of one of my mods with way less creatures for example? Sorry but I'm unfortunately not sure how I should interpret that question...

25 minutes ago, Snoipeh said:

Light esp? Are you somehow referring to one of my files or even perhaps a modification of one of them with that odd description?

Are you looking for somebody to make a light version of one of my mods with way less creatures for example? Sorry but I'm unfortunately not sure how I should interpret that question...

I'm referring to your Creature Overhaul mod, and it's for Skyrim Special Edition. I don't know if you know but in Skyrim SE there are 3 different types of loading files (plugins) esm, esp and light esp. Actually even 4 types, but I'll leave esl out for now. (Light esp's do not occupy an entire slot in the load order and thus save space)

My question was now if it is at all possible for Skyrim SE from your .esp to make a light esp and if someone has done that!

On 9/4/2021 at 5:49 PM, N.Gamma said:

I'm referring to your Creature Overhaul mod, and it's for Skyrim Special Edition. I don't know if you know but in Skyrim SE there are 3 different types of loading files (plugins) esm, esp and light esp. Actually even 4 types, but I'll leave esl out for now. (Light esp's do not occupy an entire slot in the load order and thus save space)

My question was now if it is at all possible for Skyrim SE from your .esp to make a light esp and if someone has done that!

Ah okay. I feel like everyone who has ever modded skyrim once has at least heard about esp and esm file extensions but personally I never ever dealt with ESL plugins or the so called light esp (ESPFE?). That may be because I almost exclusively play Skyrim LE and never SE. I only start it up to see if my mods work on SE and that's it. Call me weird but I prefer the old version.

That said, I'm not interested at all in delving into how to do it.

I still hope somebody else takes up your request and shares it with whomever it concerns if it's even possible.

29 minutes ago, bruhfrman said:

Can I install this during an existing game or only new game with clean save?

CO More Creatures: You can safely uninstall and install this one whenever you want. Don't like it mid playthrough? Just drop it. No worries there as there are no scripts.

CO Creature Edit: Again, you can safely uninstall and install this too whenever you want. No scripts at all, just basic edits. The only difference I found is that when you install this on an existing save one change won't immediately apply. The only change after testing it on an existing save file is that the aggro radius doesn't update until the next cell reset which is around 31 ingame days as per default. You can also force a cell reset using the console if it bothers you too much but I wouldn't recommend it as I only changed the radius for a handful of creatures and the radius is just slightly larger than default:

Commands for the reset:
setgs iHoursToRespawnCell 1
setgs iHoursToRespawnCellCleared 1

Reapply the vanilla settings:
setgs iHoursToRespawnCell 240
setgs iHoursToRespawnCellCleared 720

Use these commands at your own risk.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to bother you with this, but I was using your cell shaded look for a while now, but after I returned to Skyrim from a break, the black cartoony borders dissapeared from the characters. The ENB itself is still working, I can turn it on and off, I have all the correct files and settings, everything seems to be working, expect for those black borders around characters, those simply dissapeared. 

The only thing I can think of is perhaps a new driver update or directX update messed them up. Do you think that's possible? Can I revert back to earlier versions? If you don't think this is the cause of it then do you have any idea what could have caused it or how do I fix it? 

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry to bother you with this, but I really love that cell shaded style and my game was built around it, so seeing it dissapear pretty much ruins any graphical mods that I installed because they all complimented that look.  

On 11/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, tailtailtail said:

I'm sorry to bother you with this, but I was using your cell shaded look for a while now, but after I returned to Skyrim from a break, the black cartoony borders dissapeared from the characters. The ENB itself is still working, I can turn it on and off, I have all the correct files and settings, everything seems to be working, expect for those black borders around characters, those simply dissapeared. 

The only thing I can think of is perhaps a new driver update or directX update messed them up. Do you think that's possible? Can I revert back to earlier versions? If you don't think this is the cause of it then do you have any idea what could have caused it or how do I fix it? 

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry to bother you with this, but I really love that cell shaded style and my game was built around it, so seeing it dissapear pretty much ruins any graphical mods that I installed because they all complimented that look.  

I don't believe that it could be caused by a new driver or DirectX update but I could be wrong. The first thing I'd suggest is that you compare your ENBEFFECTPREPASS.FX settings with mine shown in this comment: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/144125-creature-overhaul/?do=findComment&comment=3039138 (SHIFT+BACKSPACE opens the ENB menu ingame)

I know you said you had all the correct files and settings but I just wanna make sure they are completely identical.

Another thing you could try is swapping your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini in your Documents folder with mine and see if the black borders are back. Don't forget to back up those original files.

Skyrim.ini SkyrimPrefs.ini

1 hour ago, Snoipeh said:

I don't believe that it could be caused by a new driver or DirectX update but I could be wrong. The first thing I'd suggest is that you compare your ENBEFFECTPREPASS.FX settings with mine shown in this comment: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/144125-creature-overhaul/?do=findComment&comment=3039138 (SHIFT+BACKSPACE opens the ENB menu ingame)

I know you said you had all the correct files and settings but I just wanna make sure they are completely identical.

Another thing you could try is swapping your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini in your Documents folder with mine and see if the black borders are back. Don't forget to back up those original files.

Skyrim.ini 1.76 kB · 1 download SkyrimPrefs.ini 3.05 kB · 1 download

First of all thank you very much for you answer! It was very informative and helpful, not everyone would have replied to my random question so thanks for that!  I got my borders back (kinda lol) so as thanks I would like to ask you to stop reading now, because a big wall of text is coming and I wouldn't want to steal any more of your time.  You don't even have to reply because you have helped me plenty already with this issue that's not even related to the mod you made, so yeah... please only continue reading if you have a lot of time on your hands or bored or just curious about how messed up my game is or how dumb problems I have, thanks! 

Spoiler

tl;dr: It works with your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini, however I don't think it would be a good idea to continue my playthrough with your .ini files. Do you know which line is responsible for making my black borders dissapear? I remember I have a bit unique settings to make certain mods work together, so using your .ini files would make those mods cause issues. I've uploaded my files. 

Anyway, sometimes I hate this game so much... I'm obviously not a big modder, but lots of things seemingly just break for no reason. After reading your comment I opened the game, but to my surprise and confusion I could't open the ENB menu, also couldn't turn the ENB off, basically none the keys that I assigned in the enblocal.ini work ingame, however my settings like memory usage and things like that seems to work. If I delete my enblocal.ini and boot up the game and let it create a new one then the original keybinds work, I can open the ENB menu, however my game becomes very laggy because I lose every other personal settings, but if I copy my old settings over then my keys stop working again, but it worked the last time I've played. (confused)

Anyway after managing to finally open the ENB menu with the newly created basic enblocal.ini, I confirmed that all my settings in my ENBEFFECTPREPASS.FX were correct, so that wasn't my issue. I put back my old enblocal.ini with my old settings, my keys don't work, but at least my game runs fine. 

Then I downloaded your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini to test them out and surprise, the black borders came back. Which is strange because I had them the last time I played but they magically dissapeared somehow after I returned from my Skyrim break. 

So I guess my issue is with my Skyrim.ini or SkyrimPrefs.ini, I guess they were changed somehow (?) which made the black borders dissapear (?), but now that I'm using yours, they are back. Though I also seem to have a problem now with my enblocal.ini not wanting to use my keybindings ingame, but I don't care much about that as long as I can just have my borders back.

My question is: What do you think, which is the setting that was messed up in my Skyrim.ini and/or SkyrimPrefs.ini? I don't feel too confident about using yours with your personalised settings, so I would just copy over that single line that enables / disables the black borders if it works that way. Also, any idea what's the deal with my enblocal.ini? 

I've been modding Skyrim for years, though I'm only a user, not a mod maker. I've heared people say that Skyrim's suppose to be an easier game to mod than some others, yet sometime so illogical things happen, seemingly out of nowhere and for no apparent reason, that I really have no words for it.

If you made it this far then thank you very much once again for taking the time to try to help me with my silly problem. Just to be sure, if you're feeling very helpful I upload my files so you can take a look at them if you wish, maybe for you it's one glance and you will already know what causes my issues, though I will stop typing now before this becomes a book. 

Just to end on a positive note, here's a cute, fat ewok face:

O .. O

Skyrim.ini SkyrimPrefs.ini enblocal.ini enbseries.ini

Edited by tailtailtail
22 minutes ago, tailtailtail said:

First of all thank you very much for you answer! It was very informative and helpful, not everyone would have replied to my random question so thanks for that!  I got my borders back (kinda lol) so as thanks I would like to ask you to stop reading now, because a big wall of text is coming and I wouldn't want to steal any more of your time.  You don't even have to reply because you have helped me plenty already with this issue that's not even related to the mod you made, so yeah... please only continue reading if you have a lot of time on your hands or bored or just curious about how messed up my game is or how dumb problems I have, thanks!

So the easiest thing to fix would be the keybinds. You can open your old enblocal.ini and look for [INPUT]. Copy the few values below that header and override the ones in your new enblocal.ini to get your old key bindings back.

For example mine looks like this:

Spoiler

[INPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//insert
KeyScreenshot=122
//enter
KeyEditor=8
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
KeyBruteForce=0
KeyDepthOfField=118

Now to the other problem. My guess is that the problem is SkyrimPrefs.ini so I would ignore Skyrim.ini for now.

It says in the description of Tetrachromatic ENB (which I assume you're using) that you need to edit SkyrimPrefs.ini to match the following values:

Spoiler

[Display]

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
 bShadowsOnGrass=1
 bTreesReceiveShadows=1
 bDrawLandShadows=1
 bDrawShadows=1
 fGamma=1.0000

iMultisample=0        
 iMaxAnisotropy=1

Additionally, the mod Natural Lighting and Atmosphere (which I ALSO assume you're using) requires you to match the following value which is ALSO found under [Display]

bDeferredShadows=1

I guess that's everything. I strongly believe that these settings will get you your cel-shaded Skyrim back while maintaining your old ini settings. If it works then be sure to save a copy of your SkyrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini somewhere safe because these can easily be edited by accidentally opening the Skyrim launcher and touching some setting there or by changing stuff with BethINI or whatnot.

35 minutes ago, Snoipeh said:

So the easiest thing to fix would be the keybinds. You can open your old enblocal.ini and look for [INPUT]. Copy the few values below that header and override the ones in your new enblocal.ini to get your old key bindings back.

For example mine looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

[INPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//insert
KeyScreenshot=122
//enter
KeyEditor=8
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
KeyBruteForce=0
KeyDepthOfField=118

Now to the other problem. My guess is that the problem is SkyrimPrefs.ini so I would ignore Skyrim.ini for now.

It says in the description of Tetrachromatic ENB (which I assume you're using) that you need to edit SkyrimPrefs.ini to match the following values:

Reveal hidden contents

[Display]

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
 bShadowsOnGrass=1
 bTreesReceiveShadows=1
 bDrawLandShadows=1
 bDrawShadows=1
 fGamma=1.0000

iMultisample=0        
 iMaxAnisotropy=1

Additionally, the mod Natural Lighting and Atmosphere (which I ALSO assume you're using) requires you to match the following value which is ALSO found under [Display]

bDeferredShadows=1

I guess that's everything. I strongly believe that these settings will get you your cel-shaded Skyrim back while maintaining your old ini settings. If it works then be sure to save a copy of your SkyrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini somewhere safe because these can easily be edited by accidentally opening the Skyrim launcher and touching some setting there or by changing stuff with BethINI or whatnot.

Wow... It actually works now. I got my beloved black cartoony lines back, yay!! :D  Thank you so much! I knew you would figure it out right away! You have no idea how much fustration and how much clueless clicking and googling you saved me from! Also gifted me countless hours of Skyrim fun, which I was about to give up on, due to this issue. You are awesome, thank you so much! :D Love this cartoony style! After playing Skyrim for years with bigger and smaller breaks, it really gives a new feel to the game, it's great! 

A few lines were different in my SkyrimPrefs.ini. For example one line had 0 at the end instead of 1, my iMaxAnisotropy was set to 16 for some reason and a couple of random things like that. Though I am really confused and have no idea how that happened because the last time I played Skyrim everything worked perfectly, it was set up the way you said it in your old post, I have no idea why it changed or how. 

Once again, thanks a lot for your help and time! Take care! My good wishes will find you! 

Thank you.bmp