• 4 weeks later...

Tiny update. I just repositioned two dogs in Riften because one sometimes got stuck behind Grelka's market stall and the other would rarely come into contact with Marise's products.

Notify me if anything of this sort happens somewhere else.

• 4 months later...

Hi, sorry to necro the thread, but does anyone know how to get the black character outlines like it shows in the screenshots? I assumed that's what you meant by "cel-shaded" in the section talking about the ENBs, but I haven't been able to replicate that effect. If anyone knows how to replicate that please let me know, it looks amazing.

On 5/21/2022 at 8:32 AM, pshnawnawman said:

Hi, sorry to necro the thread, but does anyone know how to get the black character outlines like it shows in the screenshots? I assumed that's what you meant by "cel-shaded" in the section talking about the ENBs, but I haven't been able to replicate that effect. If anyone knows how to replicate that please let me know, it looks amazing.

I don't know why some people have problems getting the outlines to work but the following comments might help you out:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/144125-creature-overhaul/?do=findComment&comment=3346111

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/144125-creature-overhaul/?do=findComment&comment=3568597

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there! Out of curiosity, how come some of the named creatures you've placed(For example, a Husky named "Gunnar") can't be tamed via mods such as "Simply Tame"? I only get a dialogue box informing me that I can't do that. Are they too high level for that? Is it perhaps Ordinator with its "Speak With Animals" perk on Speech that's causing the issue?

On 7/21/2022 at 11:46 PM, Violence6884 said:

Hello there! Out of curiosity, how come some of the named creatures you've placed(For example, a Husky named "Gunnar") can't be tamed via mods such as "Simply Tame"? I only get a dialogue box informing me that I can't do that. Are they too high level for that? Is it perhaps Ordinator with its "Speak With Animals" perk on Speech that's causing the issue?

Seems like you're on the wrong mod page as I have not placed a single uniquely named creature in my mod. All my placed creatures are named after what they are. Some just have a prefix attached to show that they're "tame" or "passive" e.g. "Tame Wolf". Additionally, the Huskies I placed are either level 5 or 10 depending on if they're armored or not so the high level cap theory doesn't seem too plausible.

Either you have a modified version of my mod installed or it's a completely different mod.

20 minutes ago, Snoipeh said:

Either you have a modified version of my mod installed or it's a completely different mod.

I... See. Interesting, I'll search to see which of my mods is adding named creatures here and there... And most importantly, why... I have a suspicion it might be a Fame mod. Thank you for correcting me!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Enli said:

Also, what does "Personal Edits" do? I can only see "Creature Edits" in the description.

Copied from the description:

Compatibility:

Anything that modifies creature-specific records in the Non-Player Character and Race tab may conflict with my mod (Use TES5Edit to check for possible conflicts). This unfortunately also means that my mod overwrites some of MNC's height and skeletal model edits. The following creatures are affected: Chaurus, Frostbite Spider (all 3) and Chaurus Hunter.

My reason for this is because I always play with the setting "Even Actors Height" unchecked due to all my races being the same height. I was never satisfied with the misalignments caused by this option so I just created an esp that set every race to the same height while also reverting MNC's changes to the aforementioned creatures. This was way back in 2018 and since then I've never had to fiddle around with the alignments of actors all the time. You can download my SnoiPersonalEdits file which just sets every race to the same height.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

additional creatures

Thanks, that's good then.

1 hour ago, Snoipeh said:

Copied from the description:

Compatibility:

Anything that modifies creature-specific records in the Non-Player Character and Race tab may conflict with my mod (Use TES5Edit to check for possible conflicts). This unfortunately also means that my mod overwrites some of MNC's height and skeletal model edits. The following creatures are affected: Chaurus, Frostbite Spider (all 3) and Chaurus Hunter.

My reason for this is because I always play with the setting "Even Actors Height" unchecked due to all my races being the same height. I was never satisfied with the misalignments caused by this option so I just created an esp that set every race to the same height while also reverting MNC's changes to the aforementioned creatures. This was way back in 2018 and since then I've never had to fiddle around with the alignments of actors all the time. You can download my SnoiPersonalEdits file which just sets every race to the same height.

Guess I missed that last bit there, my bad. So what issues would I have if I didn't download your edits?

19 hours ago, Enli said:

So what issues would I have if I didn't download your edits?

Potentially some misalignments I guess?

While editing values for the aforementioned creatures I just noticed in TESVEdit that MNC has some height changes in addition to skeletal model changes. I wanted my mods to be completely standalone so I just kept the vanilla values instead of copying over these edits.

The reason I put up Personal Edits is so that IF anyone has misalignments then they can try to download that file, turn off "Even Actors Height" in SL and see if it fixes them. If you don't have them then there is no reason to download my PE file.

17 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

Doesn't MNC have all creatures size set to 1 already? Chauri included?

I'm currently running MNCv12_B and it has changes deviating from vanilla values.

A 1.0 value for these creatures is not vanilla.

7 hours ago, Snoipeh said:

Potentially some misalignments I guess?

While editing values for the aforementioned creatures I just noticed in TESVEdit that MNC has some height changes in addition to skeletal model changes. I wanted my mods to be completely standalone so I just kept the vanilla values instead of copying over these edits.

The reason I put up Personal Edits is so that IF anyone has misalignments then they can try to download that file, turn off "Even Actors Height" in SL and see if it fixes them. If you don't have them then there is no reason to download my PE file.

I'm currently running MNCv12_B and it has changes deviating from vanilla values.

A 1.0 value for these creatures is not vanilla.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks. I also play with Even Actors Height, but so far had no issues, but some might I guess.

Excellent as to the additional dogs, but the tame skeevers and tame trolls are just weird. I attacked both of them before realizing there were tame beasts running around. Be different if it was something like "evil jarl keeps a sabrecat as a pet" but having enemy animals just wandering around Riften or the College of Winterhold seems a bit off to me. Just my 2 cents, of course, love having more animals/pets in-game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, there are some creatures I would like to remove for my own sense of immersion (having tame werewolves just standing around dosn't make sense to me).  Would that be easy to do?  I found the place the creatures are stored in SSEEdit, can I just delete them, or is there other things I would need to do to not break things?
Thanks.