Allright, managed to find a solution for the "repeated use" Bug. you can now kill yourself as many times as you like

Added a new nonLethal mode. if you want to try that, download the new V1.5 File and replace the ESP with this one

InteractiveGallow.esp

Also included a property for the deathCam duration when using the Lethal mode (Set it to 10 seconds)

For those of you who have camera problems with big characters, there is an alternative file on the mod description Page.

Have Fun!

Thanks for this!

I've had a good play around with the new version (using the non-lethal esp you posted in the topic) and all has gone smoothly. Not having to quit and relaunch the game after every hanging has been very handy for trying it out. My dragonborn probably isn't quite so enthusiastic, given how many times she's been throttled to within an inch of her life now, and how many times she manages to smack her head on the platform when she's released at the end. ? But at least her restoration skill has gone up about five levels in the last half hour...

I did need to use the extra script for the garotte stage. She's standard height (imperial.) Sometimes the original script would let the camera move out, but mostly it was sticking inside her. Worked every time with the replacement script though. Some pics:

Spoiler

ouch.jpg.6158915d216e149c01666e6611ae3f7f.jpg

double-ouch.jpg.99d19eade20360615f30c29904818241.jpg

Really great work, and thanks again. Normally this kind of thing tends to be a little bit too brutal for me but, for some reason, this one's tickled my fancy. I'll be keeping my eye on it and looking forward to t.ara hopefully integrating it into ZAP.

What do you mean by "punch"? 

For me this is working the same as the previous version, but a bit harder to get the follower to actually get in it. 

When I punch it (as in get my character to swing his fists at the gallows) nothing happens and once the follower is dead I can't remove it.

55 minutes ago, Fernsword said:

What do you mean by "punch"? 

For me this is working the same as the previous version, but a bit harder to get the follower to actually get in it. 

When I punch it (as in get my character to swing his fists at the gallows) nothing happens and once the follower is dead I can't remove it.

Ok I can get the character to fall out by punching, it works! I had both this and your previous gallows mod installed. 

But where do I see the options to not kill? Also the wheel does not hoist up the character for me, she just stands there.

34 minutes ago, Fernsword said:

Also the wheel does not hoist up the character for me, she just stands there.

Did you follow the install instructions properly? especially that part about overwriting ZAP and running FNIS?

All the Options are accessible via script property in the Creation Kit. This is a modders resource after all.

If you want to try the nonlethal mode, use the esp from post #28

mod looks amazing in the pics, but was wondering if you had any idea how long it would take for the SE version to be ready?  i try to only mod my SE because it seems to be a lot less crash-happy and less problematic than the regular verison of the game, so i use the regular version for mod free playthroughs and SE for modded playing

11 hours ago, t.ara said:

And if such script works for a guiloutine as well (which I think it´s possible, too)

This will be a challenge. I do have a few Theoretical ideas which COULD work, but this would be venturing into uncharted territory again.

The current wayrest Guillotine is more than sufficient for Testing Purposes.

The more Conventional Stuff in Zap like the Garrote and other potential deadly furnitures don't require any new Techniques, so they should be easy to do.

Number of Equipment slots is also not a problem. If Zap already has a script fur reequipping clothing, this could easily be integrated.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:03 AM, Nymra said:

1. could you add the "pee" animation from zaz after the trap is opened?

Fun Fact: the original Reason that got me into modding was because i wanted to remove that Feature from the ZEP Gallows.

Its something i´m, lets say "painfully uninterested" in. I do understand there are a lot of people more keen on such a feature, so i wont say i´ll never include that, But there are multiple more interesting prospects right now. The Garotte and the Guillotine for Example. I will focus on them first.

As for the sounds:

options for that are included. I´m sure t.ara will include some sounds when she integrates it into Zap.

1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

Fun Fact: the original Reason that got me into modding was because i wanted to remove that Feature from the ZEP Gallows.

Its something i´m, lets say "painfully uninterested" in. I do understand there are a lot of people more keen on such a feature, so i wont say i´ll never include that, But there are multiple more interesting prospects right now. The Garotte and the Guillotine for Example. I will focus on them first.

As for the sounds:

options for that are included. I´m sure t.ara will include some sounds when she integrates it into Zap.

I m not totally kinked by that, but the element is quite immersive and I was quite pleased to see it in Prison Overhaul as new feature. But I also like things to be optional. 
So as long as its an option it would be totally great. I think it is as easy as adding a zap device, because the pee stuff is also in zaz. 

But I agree with the priorities :D

Btw: what about a rack that actually rips of arms and legs. erm. well. I m not so much about the gore but about the aftermath of the amputee, lool :)

Very cool job ! It works great for me, and I often use it to execute bandits before I enslave them. Thanks ! Modder, can you make hanged people urinate ? With the "Dancing Penis" mod, the victim ejaculates if there is an SOS and it works with Your mod. Can you try to make the victim urinate ? Thank you again for your excellent work !

P.S.

I read Your message above about urination,then we will wait for you to implement it.I am very happy that you have started working with TARA . We wish you success and look forward to your joint work.

(Sorry for my English,I don't speak it)

@Pamatronic

Hi.  This is really nice, and I can get it to run well on some games, almost flawlessly - and such hiccups as arise seem to be due to my body/ragdoll mod combinations

OOIC, tho, has anyone else reported trying this, whilst also having 'Defeat' in their game?  I can't see it in the thread, but maybe you have heard in other ways

I have tried it in one game that has, and on being 'dropped', 'activating' the follower subsequently will come up with the standard Defeat message box of ....

[ <Knocked Out> <blank> ]

.... so the follower seemingly isn't dead, but merely comatose

Selecting the 'Knocked Out' option allows you to various things.  Some seem to work, but on some of the options, eg 'revive', the NPC will just spasm uncontrollably whilst still attached to the rope, and punching the gallows, the body will drop but be completely non activatable, and not able to be dragged away either

I've tried with a number of Defeat's settings, but even when Defeat is set to 'No follower surrender' or as 'not collateral to the PC's getting beaten down', and even if NPC/follower knockdown is set @ 0% health, the follower still will not die from the gallows event.  Selecting 'revive' from the Defeat Knockdown options gives a frozen midair corpse, with its weapon rolling around below it.  As you will see, it can make for some visually funny effects

It looks like Defeat makes the NPC 'essential' (or something equivalent) in a way that overrides the Gallows killing them by its overriding of the essential setting,sort of Top Trumps, but this even with the gallows mod and esp at the bottom, respectively, of both MO's Mod order load and its plugin load order

Any ideas on this?  Or is it not really likely to be practicable to have in game follower compatibility between this mod, and others that have 'combat defeat' features setting NPCs as essential etc?   Or might there be a not unduly time consuming, simple fix? ?

Of course, if anyone can think on how to defeat Defeat, without defeating its main functionality, that would be great!

EDIT:  I have now also tried this in a game that has Combat Defeat handled by Cursed Loot 8.5

The NPCs - although it does seem to be a contradiction in terms - died OK.  I'm guessing that this is because any defeat scene is triggered from only the PC's health state.   You can find that a follower NPC hanging on the gallow, still alive, where DCL currently has that NPC registered as a DCL follower, will drop off the rope if the PC is defeated mid gallows event, and DCL takes them over

So it's reasonably playable, even though DCL is missing some of the other parts of Defeat, such as the PC as aggressor functions.  That's more than a little unfortunate when you play a male role, but there is a compensating mod that works 'as is' on LE, even if developed for SSE, and unsupported on LE 

Anyway, I hope all that is of some constructive help

TESV 2020-04-04 15-21-49-32.jpg

4 hours ago, t.ara said:

As long I work into ZAP, such stuff will be honestly not being added. It´s far enough to have a simple torture-feature on such devices.

We do, for making a quick other sort of example, not also want "virtual epidemic-frameworks" in skyrim, do we? - Me, not!

A good (and healthy) fantasy is always your best friend.

who decides what is healthy? :)
This is the virtual world and you cannot really draw a line anywhere. Zap includes impalement, guiloutine and other stuff. And who decides what is more healthy, having a simulated execution or rape and enslavement? :D

8 hours ago, donkeywho said:

.... so the follower seemingly isn't dead, but merely comatose

Some people reported something similar for the earlier bound hanging script, and i think the issue is the same.

This thing uses the KillEssential() command on its victims, so it should usually work on any npc in the game (exept serana for Reasons).

If not, it merely leaves them paralized, therefore you cannot interact/drag them.

According to the Creation kit documentation, this command does not work on essential actors, which are NOT flagged as unique, so i think the issue lies there. Guess i have to find a workaround for that.

were you using any custom followers by any chance?

20 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Some people reported something similar for the earlier bound hanging script, and i think the issue is the same.

This thing uses the KillEssential() command on its victims, so it should usually work on any npc in the game (exept serana for Reasons).

If not, it merely leaves them paralized, therefore you cannot interact/drag them.

According to the Creation kit documentation, this command does not work on essential actors, which are NOT flagged as unique, so i think the issue lies there. Guess i have to find a workaround for that.

were you using any custom followers by any chance?

Thanks for the prompt reply

The followers in play were straightforward, ie non scripted, from mods on Nexus, mainly AIO packs professing to be fully HDT compatible

Interestingly, rate of death on 'garotte' mode varied too, probably dependent on individual NPC starting stats, but I didn't check that fully.  I doubt if it's relevant, but if you like, I could have a look later this weekend, ie today's tomorrow, so to speak LOL

Hope you do find a workaround.  Defeat is a great mod once tamed, or at least after you know it sufficiently well to overcome its weirder foibles, and it would be a shame to maybe have to sacrifice it

Do you have Heretical resources in your game that you are developing this on?  My 'successful' tests were done on one that doesn't.  If you do have any reliance on 'paralysis' effects, it might be worth installing that to check there's no 'gotchas' maybe lurking there too

Reason for asking is that Paralysis in Skyrim seems to be a pain in the ass.  I have had a number of games, which have Heretical Resources as a dependency, where any NPC that dies with any sort of linked paralysis effect bounces up to the sky, and some even do the moonwalk thing before (maybe) sinking back to earth  Some just won't.  First noticed it on Home Sweet Home mod, where I just can't now get any enslaved NPC to do what it's supposed to do when adding a havoc based chain, which seems to be dependent on the NPC being paralysed first.  They spazz out completely, moonwalk, fly about bashing the scenery etc  (But I did have some games long ago that seemed to work OK)

I tried your mod on one of those games, which seems to be irretrievably borked in this regard, where on releasing the trap door, the NPC instantly shot up and banged into the gallows arm, almost wrapping itself round that.  I have tried to find both definite cause and solution for this behaviour months, but I might as well whistle at the moon. 

Strangest thing is that if you take an ingame video using FRAPS etc, the NPC settles gently to the ground as the framerate drops from that of the game, for me 60fps, to that of the video, 30FPS.  But changing monitor vsynch, and also adding Havok frame rate limiters to the skyrim.ini file, don't seem to be the cure, so who knows?  ?

Again, hope there's something of use in all that

That would be the same thing just in green. You might find a mod which has something like that as an built in event, similar to the dancing Penis mod above.

If you find one and and can find out that event´s name, i can set a trigger.

But adding it as an independent feature just inst worth the effort and i really don't care about it.

The scripts sourceCode is included in the download, so you are free to add stuff yourself.

13 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Do you have Heretical resources in your game that you are developing this on?  My 'successful' tests were done on one that doesn't.  If you do have any reliance on 'paralysis' effects, it might be worth installing that to check there's no 'gotchas' maybe lurking there too

@Pamatronic

Was too late last night to check that out

Had another try today, and after adding Heretical Resources, glad to say that your mod, albeit on a very brief test, seemed to carry on working OK.

Hope I didn't waste any of your time

I had Heretical resources Activated during the creation of this, so this cant be the cause. Also tried it after deactivating HH and it still worked.

But i found something else:

After wasting my entire Sunday on finding a fix for Sexlab Defeat, i´m pretty sure that this is the cause. (for the weird physics)

I have no goddam clue whats wrong with that mod, but it spews errors at you the moment you try to just reference anything from it.

It somehow even manages to mess up the Physics. no idea how the Hell thats even possible.

Since you cant reference anything from it, i tried making some changes to itself, but it even refused to be edited in the CK scripteditor. again, no idea how thats possible.

Only thing i know is, that i´m done. sorry guys, no Defeat compatibility.

But i seems if you leave PlayerEssential-Bleedout disabled, it works (physics are still messed up) so you have to go with the health treshold version.

Or you can use the nonlethal version of the Gallow.

Followers dont seem to be affected by Defeat.

could you give me a link to the followers you use, that dont die?