[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

Hey, i'm a bit stuck; i know i need ZEX to make the male skeletons work (using bodytalk) but if i use zex female boob physics mainly look like shit(using CBBE 3BBB and mtm ocbpc), i cant use them at the same time and even if i try i keep the same issues, any suggestions would be great

i have pretty okay modding knowledge btw, been using these kinds of mods ever since they existed both for skyrim and fo4 but this is jus a weird issue i cant remember having before

also DFS just ruins my female body physics on top of that but i'm trying to resolve that over at that page

Edited by FovI
18 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

I wouldn't be able to tell you whether "four play" was any better than the AAF ecosystem as I never tried it.

But the problems you are describing are indicative of having issues with either mod versions, or things that aren't supported, or load order issues, or having too many script heavy mods.  It's not something we can really dive into on the forums very easily.  Feel free to join in the AAF discord if you would like to take a deep dive on your load order and try and smooth some of these issues.

Sometimes the issue boils down to what specific mod is starting the animation.  Not all of them are great at it, some are older, etc.  The most reliable mods tend to be Violate and Sex Em Up to start scenes with.  Some issues also revolve around mods that want to start animations for which there's never been an animation to support.  For example, Dangerous Nights falls into this problem sometimes unfortunately with trying to start gangbangs between actor combinations that no one has ever animated.

AAF itself works well.  But it takes the right combination of mods to have something that looks good and performs decently. 

Another example of a problem area that we just figured out the other day lies with attempting to use the "legs for days" variant of the knee fix.  Some testing was done and it was determined that "Legs for Days" causes alignment problems, whereas the non-legs for days download on the same page works ok.

As with everything modding, your mileage may vary.

I'm putting my money on mod versions incompatibility. I have nothing else installed other than the required mods and some plugins listed in the guide and the load order on the screenshot in the guide its not my first rodeo either so I'm confident I can catch any load order issues and conflicts. I think its time I stop trying, this is my third or fourth time trying to set up a proper AAF build and its always the same results.

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (20/August/2022)
3 hours ago, NuclearMuffin said:

Is there a changelog somewhere? Like so I can see what is added/removed or whatever new things come to light about some  mods?

I'll give you a change log for this change only:  :)

We removed the link to the old version of BodyTalk, and pointed it just to the author's Patreon page.  This does not mean that BodyTalk is paywalled, it is still possible to scroll down on that Patreon page and find the same Google Drive link that we originally had in the guide.  This will prevent confusion about clicking the other link which was on a very bad file sharing site.

As an aside:
The latest information I have is that the "longshoreman" outfit is the only one that has an issue in the current BodyTalk, so anyone encountering that would need to go in and delete its mesh after building it.  Or something.  Support for BodyTalk is offered on the mod author's discord if you have questions about that.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
I forgot an e
4 hours ago, SamanthaTraynor said:

Another Question, i got Improved Skin Textures, and i dont want to change that, but is there a Bodyoil or Wetness, that i can use?

I tryed the old File Wet Skin, but those are bgsm and do Nothing to my Skin.

Tysm

I use unfair skin for CBBE which has an oil or wetness option but if you don't want to change skin texture I don't have an answer.

5 hours ago, SamanthaTraynor said:

Another Question, i got Improved Skin Textures, and i dont want to change that, but is there a Bodyoil or Wetness, that i can use?

I tryed the old File Wet Skin, but those are bgsm and do Nothing to my Skin.

Are you talking about https://www.trophihunter.com/fallout4-mods/wet-skin or something else?

And for something more dynamic, there's also the Wet Effects implementation.

TYSM Vaultbait, now i only would need an Oiled Overlay or such, that one i loaded from here, was a Disaster, cause i looked like i swimmed in an Oilcan! Omg, i was shining in Bodyslide like a Fat Meat!

So exists there a Light Oil?

Forgot:  Is there not a Single Tattoo with the Word Submissive or Whore?

TYSM

I wanted to open my Skin Texture in Gimp 2.10 so a d.dds, the newest Version of Gimp 2.10 has a DDS Plugin included but i get anyway that Message:

Failed to open C:\Users\NAME\Desktop\FemaleBody_d.dds:

The DDS image plugin could not open the image

Unsupported DXGI format (98)

????

TYSM

Edited by SamanthaTraynor
Added question

not sure if this was reported but i used to have allot of lag during animations but to me it had nothing to do with AAF or animations it self what would happen is an animation start and my fps would drop to 4 fps and it will continue like this and after stage 4 it would go back up to 60 fps. what was causing this bug for me is my nvidiacard had an builtin option when you press ALT + R it would open up overlay where you can see options about your card after i turned this option off i can now play all animations and scroll through all of them without the lag. i reported it yesterday on one of those discord channels.

So to those having low fps when animations play check your overlays that they dont interfere with AAF.

Edited by D_ManXX2

This is meant to be as fool proof as possible but Im genuinely a moron because I cant get half of this to work even with vortex, if someone could genuinely walk me through this visually or something I could get it done but trying to read and follow the steps actually confuses me

31 minutes ago, JoeRetard said:

This is meant to be as fool proof as possible but Im genuinely a moron because I cant get half of this to work even with vortex, if someone could genuinely walk me through this visually or something I could get it done but trying to read and follow the steps actually confuses me

you can get hand holding on the Discord channel support link provided in the OP.  There you can send photos / captures of what you have and they can help you correct it.  lots of support. Detailed support. Suggest you go there.

I have been part of AAF almost since the beginning. (somewhere around v15 or so ) and have even created a tutorial (for SFW though not the adult one) Lots of moving parts. So much has changed. I would have to go there myself and check some things and perhaps make a couple of questions to get my system up to date.  So many things going on, one needs to be dealing with someone with the most up to date info and those there on the Discord channel is where I would go myself. So ... GO! :D

On 8/24/2022 at 12:17 PM, D_ManXX2 said:

not sure if this was reported but i used to have allot of lag during animations but to me it had nothing to do with AAF or animations it self what would happen is an animation start and my fps would drop to 4 fps and it will continue like this and after stage 4 it would go back up to 60 fps. what was causing this bug for me is my nvidiacard had an builtin option when you press ALT + R it would open up overlay where you can see options about your card after i turned this option off i can now play all animations and scroll through all of them without the lag. i reported it yesterday on one of those discord channels.

So to those having low fps when animations play check your overlays that they dont interfere with AAF.

I think it can happen on AMD cards also.  I don't want to talk out of turn, but we are seeing some progress towards getting this resolved.  If/When it does, I'm sure we'll post about it here.

Hi, folks.

I wanted to ask what should I do if I want to patch furniture mods from Nexus to work with most AAF animations? Is it as simple as adding keywords to the .xml files or does it need xEdit to do so?

Thanks for the answer and the time replying this post. Appreciated it greatly.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:34 PM, simplyabah said:

Hi, folks.

I wanted to ask what should I do if I want to patch furniture mods from Nexus to work with most AAF animations? Is it as simple as adding keywords to the .xml files or does it need xEdit to do so?

Thanks for the answer and the time replying this post. Appreciated it greatly.

You need to add your furniture ID into animation's furnitureData.xml accordingly (Same group ID: Single_bed/double_bed/bench/chair/Mattress) or create a new furnitureData.xml. Depending on the furniture, it could need a lot more xml editing (positionDATA, animationDATA, offsets).

AAF wiki contains everything so start there.

Edited by lee3310

So it turns out that i have a problem with Ghouls/FEVHounds getting stuck in the last idle animation (humping thin air in-loop) after the scene ends and all actors are unlocked.

I don't know if this is a known bug (i hope it's not a Skeleton pb) but can someone point me to right direction? where do i start looking?

Edited by lee3310
17 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

So it turns out that i have a problem with Ghouls/FEVHounds getting stuck in the last idle animation (humping thin air in-loop) after the scene ends and all actors are unlocked.

I don't know if this is a known bug (i hope it's not a Skeleton pb) but can someone point me to right direction? where do i start looking?

I have seen that a couple times before, also with SM.  It's usually rare for me, but I don't interact with non-humans as much as humans.  I think it's a known issue but I can do some poking around and see.  It might just be something with specific animations/packs?  Try capturing (screen shot the AAF UI) which animation you are seeing that with and post it to the discord.  It might be harder to catch which animation because of the nature of the problem happening after the animation finishes.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
21 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said:

I have seen that a couple times before, also with SM.  It's usually rare for me, but I don't interact with non-humans as much as humans.  I think it's a known issue but I can do some poking around and see.  It might just be something with specific animations/packs?  Try capturing (screen shot the AAF UI) which animation you are seeing that with and post it to the discord.  It might be harder to catch which animation because of the nature of the problem happening after the animation finishes.

Yeah sure i can screen shot the UI with the animation ID because i know for a fact that SC animation will trigger the bug every time but i just realized that UAP was updated and i want to try UAP SC xmls first (i spent one hour adding tags to them so the least i can do is try them out ?) because i'm using custom ungendered xmls for SC at the moment not sure if it's related though.

Edited by lee3310

So I'm trying to do the first step with adding the lines into the custom.ini file however...there are 2 of them. I have a Fallout4Custom.ini.baked and I have a Fallout4Custom.ini.base Which should I put the 3 lines in for the enable modding. To note I have been modding the game with vortex already and they have worked fine and have not added these to the files yet. Thanks for any help.

32 minutes ago, brianldrk said:

So I'm trying to do the first step with adding the lines into the custom.ini file however...there are 2 of them. I have a Fallout4Custom.ini.baked and I have a Fallout4Custom.ini.base Which should I put the 3 lines in for the enable modding. To note I have been modding the game with vortex already and they have worked fine and have not added these to the files yet. Thanks for any help.

You don't put anything in those, instead go to Fallout4Custom.ini, which located in (usually): My Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\

Also, if you're using MO2, just go to the INI Editor and edit the Fallout4Custom.ini from there since MO2 is built different than Vortex or any mod manager(s).

Edited by simplyabah