[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

6 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

@Saya Scarlett You've already done so much and i hate to ask you this, but can you add a changelog to the F** Manual ?

When i see a new update i start panicking and opening all the mods one by one to see what changed ?

See the last several times this has come up (including the post two before your own). In short, the authors consider that to be too much additional work, but you're free to archive a copy and diff it against the current version after each update if you're curious. Or someone else following this topic could do that and post the results for the benefit of others who want it.

11 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

See the last several times this has come up (including the post two before your own). In short, the authors consider that to be too much additional work, but you're free to archive a copy and diff it against the current version after each update if you're curious. Or someone else following this topic could do that and post the results for the benefit of others who want it.

Lol i saw the post just above me and deleted mine (read much).

6 hours ago, hannahsolo said:

Hi! I've tried Googling and looking around this thread but didn't see my issue anywhere... I hope I didn't just miss something! When I exit a scene and go back to normal gameplay, the only button that works is jump. I can't bring up my Pip-boy or interact with anyone. This only started happening after I installed (following this guide, which was super helpful!!) last night. I can't figure out what it would be that's causing it, and the only way to get it to work correctly again is to exit the game entirely and restart. Any ideas?

Is this issue happening every time you have a scene or just sometimes?

This is generally attributed to an "animation lock" of some kind.  It seems you already found the nuclear work around of saving the game and reloading the save but here are a couple of things you can try when it happens again.

1. If you are in a settlement, try long pressing V to open the workshop

2. See if you can get any interaction with furniture, like a chair or a workbench and activate it

3. try going in and out of first / third person camera

4. If you don't have your weapons hotkeyed, use Q to hotkey them prior to a scene.  Then if you get stuck, try switching weapons, raise and lower your weapon with R.

5. Here's a post I made in the Tech Support forum describing how to use Diel and Riel to test for animation locks and unlock them, maybe if the other things don't work that will.

If it only happens once in a while and one of these things works as a work around, might be able to live with it.  But if it's happening very often, you can visit the AAF discord and we can take a look at your mod list and load order there.  This is not an uncommon issue but I don't know exactly which mod or mods is causing it.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
2 hours ago, handsome2 said:

can there be a "changelog" added to the guide?

It's been brought up again just in the latest page of comments, so please read recent posts before asking a potentially repetitive question. Anyway, the latest official word on the subject can be found here (short answer: nope).

Edited by vaultbait

So, this is probably me doing something wrong at some point. I couldn't find anything, feel free to point me in the right direction if it's come up before.

I set everything up with Vortex, everything in here as well as several "regular" Nexus mods, everything worked, had a number of hours in it. Today, Vortex updated....and now everything's screwy. The game starts, but when I load any save, I get ALL the first run announcements from literally every mod that has one. And a few fatal errors due to load orders. All the modded items are gone from my inventory, all quests are reset or just not there (not started). It behaves like a fresh install.

Does Vortex screw up load orders on updates or something? Anyway to "restore" a previous order? I don't have terribly much experience going deep with Vortex. Nothing else was done, aside from updating Vortex. Shut down a working install last night, updated Vortex today and came to it being broken. All the mods show as enabled, even the conflict rules are still there...but something broke.

Edited by Pixel1191
25 minutes ago, Pixel1191 said:

Does Vortex screw up load orders on updates or something?

Not normally, but I have mine subscribed to beta-tester updates so I've sometimes pulled in new versions which broke FOMOD dependency handling or light master detection or... just about anything that can be broken is possible, it's software after all.

All your mods starting from scratch is really odd though, it sounds like you loaded an unmodded/vanilla save.

Edit: Also thanks for the warning, maybe I should do a full backup of my game files and vortex folder before I let it update again (I try to, but don't always remember).

Edited by vaultbait
Just now, vaultbait said:

Not normally, but I have mine subscribed to beta-tester updates so I've sometimes pulled in new versions which broke FOMOD dependency handling or light master detection or... just about anything that can be broken is possible, it's software after all.

All your mods starting from scratch is really odd though, it sounds like you loaded an unmodded/vanilla save.

It behaves like that, yes, definitely not what I did, tho. I was exactly where I left last time, level and vanilla stats were all there, just everything even remotely modded was gone/reset. I loaded the Exitsave. Tried the last few saves before, too. Same thing.

Might give me a chance to start a more cohesive playthrough with a now finalized modlist, still hella frustrating tho. And would still be nice to know how to prevent stuff like that in future (aside from skipping Vortex updates...)

Okay, after a bit of screwing around, I figured something else out. I didn't solve problem, but maybe it could be helpful to prevent it, for others.

As soon as any mod is enabled or disabled, this happens again.

I loaded a fresh save with my previous modlist, set everything up. Then found a mod I accidentally re-enabled, and disabled it. New start, load the save, same thing happens.

vortex current beta uses .net6 and looks like its having more issues then jelly beans have flavors by the patch notes, doesn't seem .net6 related tho

also any working alternate male body mods for this stuff then ones on a site outside LL and nexus

AAF's site seems flagged by a few anti-scam systems which i find funny as hell

29 minutes ago, RandomKhajiit said:

vortex current beta uses .net6 and looks like its having more issues then jelly beans have flavors by the patch notes, doesn't seem .net6 related tho

also any working alternate male body mods for this stuff then ones on a site outside LL and nexus

AAF's site seems flagged by a few anti-scam systems which i find funny as hell

If you are talking about that fucking sharemods site, that's the old version anyway.  Please use the latest bodytalk on Google drive which is the other link, title of the file is something like TBOS JULY2022R2

Edit:  Use this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yzuDyv2iPHp2bxPhyZu_Wlpo7Zb13_Sm/view

I don't like that share mods site either (can you tell?  :)  ) but that's what the mod author chose to use to host it.  If you or anyone does end up needing the old version for whatever reason, please please use Ublock Origin browser extension and click this button image.png.59263741dba69ba055fef1e476bb2139.png as that site spews download buttons, don't click any of the other ones.  Fuck I can't even say "orange download button" anymore because there's another orange download button now and I have no clue what the fuck it does.

Pardon my cursing.  Sometimes it just happens.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
9 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said:

If you are talking about that fucking sharemods site, that's the old version anyway.  Please use the latest bodytalk on Google drive which is the other link, title of the file is something like TBOS JULY2022R2

Edit:  Use this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yzuDyv2iPHp2bxPhyZu_Wlpo7Zb13_Sm/view

I don't like that share mods site either (can you tell?  :)  ) but that's what the mod author chose to use to host it.  If you or anyone does end up needing the old version for whatever reason, please please use Ublock Origin browser extension and click this button image.png.59263741dba69ba055fef1e476bb2139.png as that site spews download buttons, don't click any of the other ones.  Fuck I can't even say "orange download button" anymore because there's another orange download button now and I have no clue what the fuck it does.

Pardon my cursing.  Sometimes it just happens.

It's times like this I'm tempted to just set up my own file hosting service exclusive to LL mod authors for serving things that exceed the size limit here, or perhaps finding out if I can just contribute an equivalent amount of funding to whatever sort of legal defense fund the LL sysadmins would need to be able to host larger files (I'm assuming the limitation isn't purely hosting costs, because I'd pony up for that in a heartbeat).

5 minutes ago, RandomKhajiit said:

lol i curse like its nothing without noticing most of the time the guide link went to patreon the file is in a zip, the dude could improve that so drive doesnt bitch about it being unsafe

That's a good point.  I'm so used to just clicking passed the warning from google drive about the file size being too big to scan or whatever it is that it says, as it happens with most of these mods that are hosted like that.  I wasn't aware that there was a way to get it not to do that by the uploader.

7 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

It's times like this I'm tempted to just set up my own file hosting service exclusive to LL mod authors for serving things that exceed the size limit here, or perhaps finding out if I can just contribute an equivalent amount of funding to whatever sort of legal defense fund the LL sysadmins would need to be able to host larger files (I'm assuming the limitation isn't purely hosting costs, because I'd pony up for that in a heartbeat).

Is the limit here still ~244 MB?  Funny enough if it is, BodyTalk is *right* on the edge of that limit.  The current BT download shows as 241 MB but the previous iteration was maybe a couple megabytes over the limit.  June2022R2 clocked in at 248.

7 minutes ago, Caelus FFA said:

Get this image any time I try to run game… probably installed something wrong but IDK, kinda new to this

image.png

Go back through the buffout instructions and:

- Make sure you installed / enabled Address Library

- Make sure you extracted the xSE Plugin Preloader files as indicated and edited the xml file with Notepad ++

It's getting a bit silly now with the mod resets.

It's happening on any restart. Even without changing any mod, as soon as I save, restart and reload, things get reset. Started an entire new game, set everything up, left the Vault, saved the game, restarted...mod first-runs are triggered again, my character is bald, quests disappear.

Where is this info stored? Could it be some sorta file permission issue?

And another edit: doesn't even need a restart. Quicksave, Quickload and it happens. It seems to be game related? I've no idea anymore. Got it open on the FO4 subreddit, maybe someone ran into it there before.

Gonna give it until the weekend, maybe someone, or I, can find a solution. Then I'll have more time and just nuke it all, start over from scratch  if it still ain't working.

Edited by Pixel1191
3 hours ago, Pixel1191 said:

It's getting a bit silly now with the mod resets.

It's happening on any restart. Even without changing any mod, as soon as I save, restart and reload, things get reset. Started an entire new game, set everything up, left the Vault, saved the game, restarted...mod first-runs are triggered again, my character is bald, quests disappear.

Where is this info stored? Could it be some sorta file permission issue?

And another edit: doesn't even need a restart. Quicksave, Quickload and it happens. It seems to be game related? I've no idea anymore. Got it open on the FO4 subreddit, maybe someone ran into it there before.

Gonna give it until the weekend, maybe someone, or I, can find a solution. Then I'll have more time and just nuke it all, start over from scratch  if it still ain't working.

Hello!  Usually we reserve in depth troubleshooting for our discord server.  You can find the invite link on the first page of this guide.

One reason that mods become disabled is by simply opening the "in-game mod manager".  For some reason, any plugin that does not have a master defined in its file header will become disabled when this in game "mods" is clicked.  Looksmenu is one of the most popular mods for Fallout 4 and does not have a master defined, therefore it gets disabled anytime this thing is opened.  If that's the case, then any hair mod that relies on Looksmenu as a master would stop working when the save is loaded again.  Closing the game without saving and enabling LooksMenu and then loading that save again could fix the issue.

However, if you are relying on exitsaves, I'm pretty sure you can only load an Exitsave once and then it get's thrown into the ether.  Always make a full save prior to exiting the game and never rely on autosave or Exitsave.  If you are on Survival mode, that means using mods to enable full saves like Version 1D of Save Hot Key - Archmod, Survival Options (turn off autosaves in MCM) and the immersive Smokable Cigars, Cigarettes, Joints with Hardcore Auto Save (which, despite the name, makes a full save).

Spoiler

File_Header_Blank_MasterFiles.png.99ab946b6cb16cbb73c49bb636218f2f.png

Sometimes people open the in game mod manager because they want mods from Bethesda.net which is fine but then anything that gets disabled from opening it must be enabled again, and then leave it alone.  It's generally best to find the mods you want through other sources (Nexus, LL, Mod Author's Discord or Website) but occasionally that isn't possible and we must feed the Todd.

If that's not what is happening in this case, feel free to ask this question on our discord and we can start going through all the basic stuff there.

:)

Spoiler

Mods_Bad.png.d82277ffd17e17c18e33fd299a351790.png

Cheers!

Edited by Sgt. Marge
  • Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (17/August/2022)

I followed everything exactly as written but still AAF is very buggy. AAF Mods lag so much before triggering, sometimes they don't trigger at all, actors get stuck in animations even after the scene ends. animations poorly misaligned and some are very stiff (even SL animations were improved over time why did AAF animations never got better?). I understand that AAF is not a framework exclusively for nsfw animations. Was there not a better adult oriented framework developed for FO4?

4 hours ago, dbs156 said:

I followed everything exactly as written but still AAF is very buggy. AAF Mods lag so much before triggering, sometimes they don't trigger at all, actors get stuck in animations even after the scene ends. animations poorly misaligned and some are very stiff (even SL animations were improved over time why did AAF animations never got better?). I understand that AAF is not a framework exclusively for nsfw animations. Was there not a better adult oriented framework developed for FO4?

I wouldn't be able to tell you whether "four play" was any better than the AAF ecosystem as I never tried it.

But the problems you are describing are indicative of having issues with either mod versions, or things that aren't supported, or load order issues, or having too many script heavy mods.  It's not something we can really dive into on the forums very easily.  Feel free to join in the AAF discord if you would like to take a deep dive on your load order and try and smooth some of these issues.

Sometimes the issue boils down to what specific mod is starting the animation.  Not all of them are great at it, some are older, etc.  The most reliable mods tend to be Violate and Sex Em Up to start scenes with.  Some issues also revolve around mods that want to start animations for which there's never been an animation to support.  For example, Dangerous Nights falls into this problem sometimes unfortunately with trying to start gangbangs between actor combinations that no one has ever animated.

AAF itself works well.  But it takes the right combination of mods to have something that looks good and performs decently. 

Another example of a problem area that we just figured out the other day lies with attempting to use the "legs for days" variant of the knee fix.  Some testing was done and it was determined that "Legs for Days" causes alignment problems, whereas the non-legs for days download on the same page works ok.

As with everything modding, your mileage may vary.

I followed everything exactly as written but still AAF is very buggy. AAF Mods lag so much before triggering,

This is typically the walk packages for the actors. It gets worse if you've got a lot of actors or are in a poorly-naveshed or crowded location, since it's down to the game's ability to path the actors to whatever spot was chosen for the scene, worsened on slower hardware or playthroughs with lots of script-heavy mods. You can decrease the walk timeout in AAF's configuration to mitigate this, as well as setting your calling mods to not use furniture as often, or reducing the furniture search radius in the AAF config.

sometimes they don't trigger at all,

Check the log in the admin panel of the AAF on-screen interface for errors. Animations should either happen or result in errors providing a clue as to why they didn't. Often it's because some mod is configured to try to create a scene with a combination of actors and/or tags which you don't have suitable animations installed to support.

actors get stuck in animations even after the scene ends.

This is mostly down to some races not having particularly stable idle support (animations are implemented as idles from the game's perspective). I pretty much never see this happen with humans, but feral ghouls and creatures/insects/robots seem to have a hard time resetting their idles after a scene ends. If you stick to human animations, you shouldn't see it often.

animations poorly misaligned and some are very stiff (even SL animations were improved over time why did AAF animations never got better?).

Animating for FO4 is tough. There are only a handful of people doing it, even fewer doing lengthy NSFW sequences, and the tools needed are basically not available (at least not legally). There has been some very recent progress toward coming up with a workflow using modern, readily-available tools, but that's still at an early stage.

I understand that AAF is not a framework exclusively for nsfw animations. Was there not a better adult oriented framework developed for FO4?

Only the one you seem to have envisioned but not yet developed for us. Get to it! ?