[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It should normally be handled by Creature Resources or UAP. Presumably you're using one of those or you wouldn't see a penis mesh on it at all. The behemoth animations are probably Savage Cabbage's (that's at least the biggest set of behemoth anims I'm aware of, maybe the only, I don't recall off hand). I would be suspicious of anything overwriting files from those mods as potential culprits, and maybe try adjusting the overwrite order (especially check against this manual).

Also, as always, seek guidance in the help channels on the AAF Discord of course.

Yeap im thinking Savage's cause im using the versión of the naked and without cart behemoth, Creature Resources doesn't mention the Behemoth, only the mirelurk ones, luckly i had an old backup of the meshes, i just replaced them and it's working, but i could not know where they came from! ?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Gamaramdi said:

Yeap im thinking Savage's cause im using the versión of the naked and without cart behemoth, Creature Resources doesn't mention the Behemoth, only the mirelurk ones, luckly i had an old backup of the meshes, i just replaced them and it's working, but i could not know where they came from! ?

Creature Resources 1.1.6-1 installs NIF and TRI files in Meshes\Actors\SuperMutantBehemoth\CharacterAssets for me, but it might be gated behind a FOMOD installer option (I didn't check).

21 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Creature Resources 1.1.6-1 installs NIF and TRI files in Meshes\Actors\SuperMutantBehemoth\CharacterAssets for me, but it might be gated behind a FOMOD installer option (I didn't check).

Cool! let me check it out i hate kepping the doubt

It has the esp for the no cart option and the loincloth

and the same nif i got from my backup, so i think  this is it!

Thanks

image.thumb.png.7565cf0faf508908aac913cb1cd9def5.png

Edited by Gamaramdi
On 2/2/2023 at 6:25 PM, M2xim said:

After playing for a while i realized manually sorting all 173 plugins had another effect beyond just making a pretty load order. It fixed mods i didn't even know were broken because parts of them were functional. It also reduced some of the stuttering when walking into a new cell and i didn't have a single CTD yet today. I'm used to have one every 1-2h.

Thanks again! I should've tried harder to figure out MO2 years ago lol

If you do ever want to use profiles. You might want to do what I did in the past. I'd clean the overwrite or start with a clean overwrite and when I install and configure a mod, any files I had would be added to a mod like the above stated. X mod, config etc. REmember to try to keep it towards the very bottom once you do.

Pro tip for everyone new to modding fallout 4!

Don't use vortex, use mod organizer.

I've been using vortex for a very long time, never had problems with skyrim, i had problems with fallout before, but i always managed to fix them. Couple days ago i decided to reinstall fallout 4, and i kept getting CTD couple seconds after loading into main menu.

I tried everything, nothing worked... but ofc simplest solution of just switching to MO2 worked.

So if you're using vortex and you're getting crashes, just use MO2 and chances are it will fix your problems.

I'm trying Diamond City Expansion right now and i just discovered the strip club.

1.Anybody know if there's a mod that let you make use of the AAF animations to make money instead of walking into the pole forever?

2.Is there other hidden jobs in DCE and the Red Seat district itself beside the strip club? 

I couldn't find a guide to DCE quests or anything so if someone is familiar with the mod and could give me some clues I'd appreciate.

30 minutes ago, M2xim said:

1.Anybody know if there's a mod that let you make use of the AAF animations to make money instead of walking into the pole forever?

There's Diamond City Expansion - XDI Service Cost - AAF but I think it only switches interactions with the prostitutes to where they'll use AAF. I don't think it does anything with the stripper pole (though I could swear I saw a patch somewhere to add its stripper pole to savage Cabbage's Strip_Pole furnitureData group).

30 minutes ago, M2xim said:

2.Is there other hidden jobs in DCE and the Red Seat district itself beside the strip club? 

There's also "The Loge" where you're tasked with getting access to one of the upper stands houses that's been abandoned.

20 hours ago, vaultbait said:

There's Diamond City Expansion - XDI Service Cost - AAF but I think it only switches interactions with the prostitutes to where they'll use AAF. I don't think it does anything with the stripper pole (though I could swear I saw a patch somewhere to add its stripper pole to savage Cabbage's Strip_Pole furnitureData group).

There's also "The Loge" where you're tasked with getting access to one of the upper stands houses that's been abandoned.

1. I found XDI before coming here it's the only thing i found while i was searching but i think it only affect NPC's(i couldn't find a way to actually work in the brothel). Not really a problem anyway since Sex Em Up let you prostitute anywhere.

As for the pole itself I'm not sure if you were thinking of a patch to make it usable with AAF animations? AAF already detect it and i can use the pole dancing animation on it. Problem is when i do i stop making caps because your character need to be in movement on the platform to generate money(i need the money since i play survival). Sucks it wasn't already made because I'm sure it would be as easy as to switch it so that you earn caps while standing still on the platform. This way you could launch the animation which is probably considered static by the game and still earn caps but i have no idea how to do that or where to look to learn how to do such a specific thing lol

2. Skyrim had some good options to let you work in towns but i can't find alternatives for Fallout. One mod i really liked in Skyrim let you work in any inn and choose between serving tables or prostitution. You can even see the plate as you are walking around. Combined with other mods you can be serving tables and suddenly someone stand up to slap your character butt or try and convince you to do more than serving tables. I thought it was great but i can't find anything similar for Fallout. In fact i can't find anything between fucking everything on sight on day 1 and being an author(https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37654?tab=description) ??

I didn't play modded Fallout much until now and I'm better acquainted with Skyrim or The Sims mods so i wouldn't be surprised if i missed something. With a name like Vaultbait i bet you're the person i should be asking about Fallout mods so If you know of anything that might be up my alley I'm taking suggestions. Thanks!

29 minutes ago, M2xim said:

1. I found XDI before coming here it's the only thing i found while i was searching but i think it only affect NPC's(i couldn't find a way to actually work in the brothel). Not really a problem anyway since Sex Em Up let you prostitute anywhere.

As for the pole itself I'm not sure if you were thinking of a patch to make it usable with AAF animations? AAF already detect it and i can use the pole dancing animation on it. Problem is when i do i stop making caps because your character need to be in movement on the platform to generate money(i need the money since i play survival). Sucks it wasn't already made because I'm sure it would be as easy as to switch it so that you earn caps while standing still on the platform. This way you could launch the animation which is probably considered static by the game and still earn caps but i have no idea how to do that or where to look to learn how to do such a specific thing lol

2. Skyrim had some good options to let you work in towns but i can't find alternatives for Fallout. One mod i really liked in Skyrim let you work in any inn and choose between serving tables or prostitution. You can even see the plate as you are walking around. Combined with other mods you can be serving tables and suddenly someone stand up to slap your character butt or try and convince you to do more than serving tables. I thought it was great but i can't find anything similar for Fallout. In fact i can't find anything between fucking everything on sight on day 1 and being an author(https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37654?tab=description) ??

I didn't play modded Fallout much until now and I'm better acquainted with Skyrim or The Sims mods so i wouldn't be surprised if i missed something. With a name like Vaultbait i bet you're the person i should be asking about Fallout mods so If you know of anything that might be up my alley I'm taking suggestions. Thanks!

For a gritty prostitution experience, I prefer Hardship (or its incomplete successor, TSEX-Hardship). It has pimps, a chance you'll be beaten and robbed by clients, the ability to probably pass through raider territory as a sex worker (if you're lucky and they don't just decide to kill you), and you can trade sex to gunners for temporary bodyguard services. You can also turn a rapist client into an abusive boyfriend if you play your cards right with repeat visits. And if you're an addict you can exchange sexual favors for drugs and booze, give head in exchange for cigarettes, etc. The main downside for a survival playthrough is that the pay rate is a bit high: after fifteen or twenty johns I can buy the deed to Home Plate, that is if I don't spend it all on my Jet habit or at the abortion clinic first.

As for making money in ways that don't involve sex, most of the mods I'm familiar with in that vein are repeatable bounty quests, and yes that gets dull. Go here, kill something/someone, maybe bring back proof, ka-ching. There's of course the obvious money-making opportunities in the base game: murdertheief (finders keepers!), scroungermerchant (how much will you pay me for this rusty tin can once owned by Queen Cleopatra herself?), or slavelord (you should come "work" for me on my "settlement"). In truth, Bethesda filled the Commonwealth with... well... "wealth" in the form of waaaay too much loose currency, so the modding community around FO4 has been under less pressure to give you new ways to earn cash since that's only something you need if you've also modded the game to get rid of 99+% of the money they originally filled it with.

Edited by vaultbait
3 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

For a gritty prostitution experience, I prefer Hardship (or its incomplete successor, TSEX-Hardship). It has pimps, a chance you'll be beaten and robbed by clients, the ability to probably pass through raider territory as a sex worker (if you're lucky and they don't just decide to kill you), and you can trade sex to gunners for temporary bodyguard services. You can also turn a rapist client into an abusive boyfriend if you play your cards right with repeat visits. And if you're an addict you can exchange sexual favors for drugs and booze, give head in exchange for cigarettes, etc. The main downside for a survival playthrough is that the pay rate is a bit high: after fifteen or twenty johns I can buy the deed to Home Plate, that is if I don't spend it all on a drug habit or abortions that is.

As for making money in ways that don't involve sex, most of the mods I'm familiar with in that vein are repeatable bounty quests, and yes that gets dull. Go here, kill something/someone, maybe bring back proof, ka-ching. There's of course the obvious money-making opportunities in the base game: murdertheief (finders keepers!), scroungermerchant (how much will you pay me for this rusty tin can once owned by Queen Cleopatra herself?), or slavelord (you should come "work" for me on my "settlement"). In truth, Bethesda filled the Commonwealth with... well... "wealth" in the form of waaaay too much loose currency, so the modding community around FO4 has been under less pressure to give you new ways to earn cash since that's only something you need if you've also modded the game to get rid of 99+% of the money they originally filled it with.

The mod does look cool but it's kind of a bummer if i need to disable or uninstall half my mods to make it work. Does hardship have any known incompatibilities with the other mods in ''The Fucking Manual''? How does it interact with them? 

I didn't try it because i didn't know how the Sex Attributes Framework, SEU, Violate, Raider pet or the rest of the AAF mods in general would interact with it since it looks like it's doing many different things. I preferred playing it safe to avoid breaking something. There's a mention there about disabling Hardship when being captured but i don't really plan these things ahead. I just make the game extra hard by playing survival + War of the Commonwealth and if shit happen shit happen.

I didn't try M.C.G or RSE for the same reason. Also the manual warn you not to use brothels for RSE since it will break your saves so it made it sound like the thing was kind of out of date.

29 minutes ago, M2xim said:

The mod does look cool but it's kind of a bummer if i need to disable or uninstall half my mods to make it work. Does hardship have any known incompatibilities with the other mods in ''The Fucking Manual''? How does it interact with them? 

I didn't try it because i didn't know how the Sex Attributes Framework, SEU, Violate, Raider pet or the rest of the AAF mods in general would interact with it since it looks like it's doing many different things. I preferred playing it safe to avoid breaking something. There's a mention there about disabling Hardship when being captured but i don't really plan these things ahead. I just make the game extra hard by playing survival + War of the Commonwealth and if shit happen shit happen.

I didn't try M.C.G or RSE for the same reason. Also the manual warn you not to use brothels for RSE since it will break your saves so it made it sound like the thing was kind of out of date.

"Disabling" Hardship in such cases is a matter of a hotkey or menu selection to toggle its dialogue mode off temporarily, which you do pretty often in the course of using it anyway because you don't always want talking to NPCs to bring up prostitution dialogue choices when you're just trying to buy something or do a quest. It's pretty unobtrusive and gets out of the way if you have its "beggar/whore" dialogue mode disengaged. Other mods like Harassment and Raider Pet can similarly get in the way and aren't always quite as easy to just switch on and off on the fly. But yes there's absolutely the danger of too many of these sorts of mods stepping on each other if you have them all active at the same time.

I have used Hardship, Harassment and Raider Pet together in many playthroughs, it just comes down to being mindful of what you have going on and, for example, only switching on Hardship's B/W dialogue mode if you're in town and want to turn a few tricks, or disabling Hardship's "menacing raiders" feature if you're going to use it with Raider Pet. I wouldn't suggest combining tons of mods that add NPC dialogue and events that grab random actors when you're first starting to mod FO4, but in time you'll add one here, add one there, see what sorts of negative interactions you encounter between them, make some slight adjustments so they'll coexist better, and move on. Eventually the ones that you find you enjoy will stick around more permanently in your modlist.

24 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

"Disabling" Hardship in such cases is a matter of a hotkey or menu selection to toggle its dialogue mode off temporarily, which you do pretty often in the course of using it anyway because you don't always want talking to NPCs to bring up prostitution dialogue choices when you're just trying to buy something or do a quest. It's pretty unobtrusive and gets out of the way if you have its "beggar/whore" dialogue mode disengaged. Other mods like Harassment and Raider Pet can similarly get in the way and aren't always quite as easy to just switch on and off on the fly. But yes there's absolutely the danger of too many of these sorts of mods stepping on each other if you have them all active at the same time.

I have used Hardship, Harassment and Raider Pet together in many playthroughs, it just comes down to being mindful of what you have going on and, for example, only switching on Hardship's B/W dialogue mode if you're in town and want to turn a few tricks, or disabling Hardship's "menacing raiders" feature if you're going to use it with Raider Pet. I wouldn't suggest combining tons of mods that add NPC dialogue and events that grab random actors when you're first starting to mod FO4, but in time you'll add one here, add one there, see what sorts of negative interactions you encounter between them, make some slight adjustments so they'll coexist better, and move on. Eventually the ones that you find you enjoy will stick around more permanently in your modlist.

Yeah it's because i had some experience with Skyrim that i refrained from expanding too much too quickly. I don't want to be that guy that come here after installing every single mod on Nexus and LL just to shit on everyone in sight because nothing works. I try and do my homework first THEN i ask for help lol

If you tell me i can turn it on/off with a hotkey before i go out I'll definitely take a look. I'm just looking for something more to do IN Diamond City. Something more developed beside going to everyone i see and pressing the same hotkey or walking into a pole and watching the clock.

new issue. Out of nowhere, the aaf kinky creature mod when installed is keeping my game from loading (get's to showing enb info top left then craches to desktop) to even the fo 4 start menu. I am almost certain it's NOT that mod but a new conflict as I have had it, it's dependencies and req.s installed for years now. And no, the enb is not a new addition. All of the above were working just fine. But, even uninstalling all newer mods won't make it stop CTDing.

5 hours ago, Aleksi said:

new issue. Out of nowhere, the aaf kinky creature mod when installed is keeping my game from loading (get's to showing enb info top left then craches to desktop) to even the fo 4 start menu. I am almost certain it's NOT that mod but a new conflict as I have had it, it's dependencies and req.s installed for years now. And no, the enb is not a new addition. All of the above were working just fine. But, even uninstalling all newer mods won't make it stop CTDing.

I'm unclear what you mean by "the aaf kinky creature mod". Are you referring to [FO4 [AAF] Themes - VanillaSexAnimations, Kinky/Aggressive and CreatureSexAnimations  maybe? If so, that was last updated in 2021 and practically everyone using AAF for adult animations has it installed it, so I agree that's probably not the culprit.

The manual tells you to install Buffout 4, so you should be ending up with crashlogs each time the game spontaneously exits. Those crashlogs (ideally run through Crash Log Auto-Scanner) are your best bet to figure out what's started going wrong.

Idk if this as been answered or asked before but I have been getting an issue where when I open the aaf menu with the home key and try to start a new scene nothing happens. The dot animation around the aaf logo  occurs for a second but no menu or anything comes up. When I try to open the admin menu it only shows the error tab with none of the arrows keys working to scroll through the menu. Unsure if this is the right place to ask or if I should take my query to the discord. I have followed the guide but I feel like I am missing something. thanks 

22 minutes ago, SharpenedRock said:

Idk if this as been answered or asked before but I have been getting an issue where when I open the aaf menu with the home key and try to start a new scene nothing happens. The dot animation around the aaf logo  occurs for a second but no menu or anything comes up. When I try to open the admin menu it only shows the error tab with none of the arrows keys working to scroll through the menu. Unsure if this is the right place to ask or if I should take my query to the discord. I have followed the guide but I feel like I am missing something. thanks 

Several people in the past week or two have reported similar behavior which got tracked back to having too many positions. Try uninstalling some animation packs temporarily and see if the problem goes away, but longer term it may be necessary for something to get fixed in AAF to handle whatever limit is being overrun.

43 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Several people in the past week or two have reported similar behavior which got tracked back to having too many positions. Try uninstalling some animation packs temporarily and see if the problem goes away, but longer term it may be necessary for something to get fixed in AAF to handle whatever limit is being overrun.

First time i ever hear about position limit ?, i installed almost every possible animation i could find ? ( even the AAF patch for the 100 idles of daily life of hooker) and the only time i got unresponsive AAF home key (dot sweep and nothing happens) is when i made a mistake in a custom xml (faulty position group/tree animation...)
Does anyone reported the bug to Dago ?

1 hour ago, SharpenedRock said:

When exactly did you install AAF and its stuff? Asking because I too experienced the issue (I think it was the same as yours) and found the culprit - updated Atomic Lust and/or Mutated Lust animation packs. It's logical updating these two would break my AAF as I'm using UAP.

If you only just recently installed adult stuff, double check which versions of Atomic Lust and/or Mutated Lust you have installed. On my end everything's working perfectly with AL v2.6.1b and ML v1.3. Also, I'm running UAP v2.6.63-1 at the moment and everything works properly.

Hope this helps!

13 hours ago, lee3310 said:

First time i ever hear about position limit ?, i installed almost every possible animation i could find ? ( even the AAF patch for the 100 idles of daily life of hooker) and the only time i got unresponsive AAF home key (dot sweep and nothing happens) is when i made a mistake in a custom xml (faulty position group/tree animation...)
Does anyone reported the bug to Dago ?

14 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

When exactly did you install AAF and its stuff? Asking because I too experienced the issue (I think it was the same as yours) and found the culprit - updated Atomic Lust and/or Mutated Lust animation packs. It's logical updating these two would break my AAF as I'm using UAP.

If you only just recently installed adult stuff, double check which versions of Atomic Lust and/or Mutated Lust you have installed. On my end everything's working perfectly with AL v2.6.1b and ML v1.3. Also, I'm running UAP v2.6.63-1 at the moment and everything works properly.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, this worked as well as removing the SAM Enhanced Animations mod

1 hour ago, lee3310 said:

I think it's better if "Dlinny_Lag" post it on Qa_submissions channel (discord) but it's not easy to reproduce. Is the number of positions displayed somewhere in a debug/log file ?

Better still would be if @Dlinny_Lagcould come up with a clean reproducer with a mock XML data set and file a bug report at https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/issues (I would if I were experiencing this issue, but my guess is that I don't have enough pose packs and stuff like UAP and SAM Enhanced to get up into the 3K positions range).

Dlinny_Lag told me about this limitation and I will reduce the amount of position lines in next release of SAM enhanced animations. That will unhide the original animations from AAF list and perhaps make my mod more compatible with others. Dunno, we'll see how that goes. It shoudn't do any harm, just maybe clutter the AAF list of available animations.

5 hours ago, fallenslayer1 said:

So quick question is there a patch for Curie or something im missing i got her in her synth body and i cant do anything with her its still reading her as a female mr handy so no animations will load.

Do you have any mods which change Curie in some way? In the vanilla game, it basically just swaps out the old robot race Curie follower with a female human race follower who has the same name (gen 3 synths are really just humans as far as the game engine is concerned). From an AAF perspective Curie shouldn't be any different from any other human female NPC.