[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (18/Jan/2023)
4 hours ago, Nea_Bessy said:

I can't adjust the male body. During sex, the body moves, but the penis does not.
It just hangs in the air, stretching textures
BodyTalk 3 1 5
What to do?

A.) You have something overwriting the skeleton

B.) You built the male body morphs with an erection

C.) You aren't using the guide specified version of LooksMenu

I'd be willing to bet one of those 3 is your issue. Personally, it sounds like the skeleton is being overwritten. Just make it higher priority in your load order. Good place to start

39 minutes ago, maxdev said:

Just to let you know, Atomic Lust v2.6.1beta is no longer available to download, it has been moved into the Archive section. v2.5.1 is still available though.  Will that cause any issues?

there r not penises for raiders and gunners they still have undies... followed the instructions here so idk whats going on.

all settler males have penises btw

Edited by secretagent6012
5 hours ago, secretagent6012 said:

there r not penises for raiders and gunners they still have undies... followed the instructions here so idk whats going on.

all settler males have penises btw

Do you have a mod installed which gives raiders and gunners different bodies than settlers?

And you're sure they're missing penises and wearing underwear (which implies a different body replacer with its own texture), or could they have penises sticking out of their underwear (which would be a case of just missing "dirty" nude textures for your male body replacer)?

Do you see similar underwear issues with female raiders and gunners?

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Do you have a mod installed which gives raiders and gunners different bodies than settlers?

And you're sure they're missing penises and wearing underwear (which implies a different body replacer with its own texture), or could they have penises sticking out of their underwear (which would be a case of just missing "dirty" nude textures for your male body replacer)?

Do you see similar underwear issues with female raiders and gunners?

females r all naked as intended male raiders gunner preston and a few others have undies no penises only have bodytalk3 and cbbe installed.. also found combat zone have some missing walls and floors to.. which mod from the list on here modifys this place? think its conflicting with combat zone revisted mod

i wiped fo4 from my pc and did a complete rebuild... took me 6+ hours to get MCM to work but so far everything seems to be working with the exception of combat zone having missing walls and floors....

not to big a deal as i only go there to get cait anyways

34 minutes ago, secretagent6012 said:

i wiped fo4 from my pc and did a complete rebuild... took me 6+ hours to get MCM to work but so far everything seems to be working with the exception of combat zone having missing walls and floors....

not to big a deal as i only go there to get cait anyways

You're most likely loading a mod which provides an "optimized" replacement previs/precombine for that cell after some other mod which makes changes to it (such as adding placed items or adjusting interior lighting). If you open your full plugin load in FO4Edit and find the Combat Zone cell, you should be able to see what plugins are altering it and then you can adjust the order of those in your mod manager or uninstall one of them.

Edited by vaultbait
6 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

You're most likely loading a mod which provides an "optimized" replacement previs/precombine for that cell after some other mod which makes changes to it (such as adding placed items or adjusting interior lighting). If you open your full plugin load in FO4Edit and find the Combat Zone cell, you should be able to see what plugins are altering it and then you can adjust the order of those in your mod manager or uninstall one of them.

all i know is its one of the mods listed in this guide.... without combat zone restored mod its fine but hostile ( which i dont want) and b4 i added the adult mods from this guide it was fine also.. i did notice sex slaves in there to yea if i knew which mod it was i would just remove it to fix this problem but tbh i only go there to beat up cait and get her as companion anyways... havent seen it cause any other issues.

as for FO4Edit... cant get it to work wont register fallout 4s existence.... >.<

also i use NMM vortex breaks everything via not adding the files to games folder

Edited by secretagent6012
9 minutes ago, secretagent6012 said:

also i use NMM vortex breaks everything via not adding the files to games folder

That sounds like you installed Vortex wrong. Vortex works fine for many of us, whereas NMM doesn't correctly install a lot of FOMOD-based mods nor does it allow you to easily adjust the overwrite order of conflicting data files from different mods (a necessity when working with AAF-based mods, so that you don't have to reinstall everything every time you update one).

28 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

That sounds like you installed Vortex wrong. Vortex works fine for many of us, whereas NMM doesn't correctly install a lot of FOMOD-based mods nor does it allow you to easily adjust the overwrite order of conflicting data files from different mods (a necessity when working with AAF-based mods, so that you don't have to reinstall everything every time you update one).

only mod NMM doesnt install that i have seen is atomic muscle.. vortex creates links to the mod files not adding them to the actual game files which is where i have problems (managed by vortex) broke every mod i have for skyrim.. spent 6 days at atleast 14hours a day trying to get it to work b4 i requested a DL for NMM installed NMM had skyrim working 100% in 2 hours.. it just doesnt work for me i perfer NMM anyways thanks for ur time replying to me much appreciated.

I just wanted to thank you for creating and maintaining this manual. It solved all problems i had and most questions that came up during installation of the individual mod installers are answered in the annotations (? - no native speaker - the stuff in red :D).

What i'd like to see would be a warning that bodytalk 3 does not - even after all these years - convert all clothing even of the vanilla base game. Kind of frustrating after hours of gameplay to lose 60 pounds of muscle mass just because you put on your favourite piece of clothing - the black suit. The only body replacer that covers all armor / clothing is the atomic muscle body - and the bodyslide files are there i guess but not sorted in any way (hello batch build clickfest). The most sensible installation in my opinion is atomic muscle with the bodytalk skin textures.

,Thank you for telling me which mods to download but refusing to tell me how to use them post download, I've spent for hours strait looking for help on how to use the poses and all i get is "How to install  [insert mod]".

How am I supposed to use this so called "Good Mods" When nobody's telling me how to fucking enable them, "Oh just pick a partner" can't pick a partner because everything is console locked, I have wasted my day on this shitty site trying to play a mod and nothing has fucking worked.

34 minutes ago, inquisitor_steve1 said:

,Thank you for telling me which mods to download but refusing to tell me how to use them post download, I've spent for hours strait looking for help on how to use the poses and all i get is "How to install  [insert mod]".

This is an installation guide, not a usage guide, so it's not surprising that it says very little about usage. You don't say which poses you're trying to use, so it's hard to know what your goal is. If you mean animations, they're usually a means to an end, not an end unto themselves. More often you'll have a story or quest or gameplay mod which triggers animated sequences as part of some larger scenario.

34 minutes ago, inquisitor_steve1 said:

How am I supposed to use this so called "Good Mods" When nobody's telling me how to fucking enable them, "Oh just pick a partner" can't pick a partner because everything is console locked, I have wasted my day on this shitty site trying to play a mod and nothing has fucking worked.

I have no idea what "console locked" means, but anyway, hey, nice to meet you too! Just a friendly tip, insulting the entire community in your first or second post here isn't an efficient way to get help.

3 hours ago, inquisitor_steve1 said:

You use them by simply playing the game mostly. For some mods you have to configure a hotkey in the mcm menu first. Not for a single one you have to use the console. Sure you didn't post in the wrong topic?

Edited by Meganarf

Hello there

I wonder if you guys can help me.

I installed the latest AAF and with animation themes, after that I installed all the available animation packs that are on loverslab. After that I installed UAP,

but after installing UAP, as soon as I start a new game or load up a save game it crashes.

So I'm just wondering is UAP needed for all the currently available animation packs ? Well without UAP installed AAF works fine well almost fine.

Meaning I cant seem to get every subsequent animation to automatically start after the first animation is played. I have to manually go to the next animation when I press the associated AAF keybind.

Also one last thing, I noticed there are "alien" animations but when trying to play the animation when using an alien npc nothing happens.

My character is female and I'm pretty sure the alien is "male," yet nothing happens, yes I do have Gray's animation pack installed and checked in my load order list.

As far as the alien animation goes I wonder if any other person had an issue with alien animations.

Other then what I have mentioned everything runs fine.

Could someone help me ? or give some idea's as too what should I check or which file I should edit(if need be.)

In any case thank you in advance

Oh btw to every author of their respective mods, I say "Hell Yeah" and may God bless you ! :)

Thanks again.

12 hours ago, BlackHeart316 said:

after installing UAP, as soon as I start a new game or load up a save game it crashes.

You're probably missing Buffout 4. It's generally useful for fixing a number of nagging crash bugs in the FO4 game engine, but it also implements an expanded memory manager which helps when you have too many mods adding UI elements. AAF can sometimes push you over into a crash from insufficient Shockwave Flash memory allocation, but UAP shoves you well past the point where you absolutely need Buffout 4.

12 hours ago, BlackHeart316 said:

So I'm just wondering is UAP needed for all the currently available animation packs ?

UAP is not necessary, but if you do want its added features you need to make sure that the versions of animations it's patching match the versions it was made for. Sometimes when animation authors release new versions it takes the maintainers for patch sets like UAP a little while to catch up with support for whatever changed.