[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

37 minutes ago, wolfee1 said:

ran fallout through steam getting message "main.cpp(269): Buffout4 has loaded too late. Try adjusting the plugin preloader load method." what do i do?

Did you install the Plugin Preloader? If not, you need to do that. If you think you did, something's wrong with it, check your f4se.log for details.

Edited by vaultbait
2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Also you said "running through steam" but you're invoking f4se_loader.exe, right (not fallout4.exe)?

I can start the game, thought it said somewhere you had to lunch through steam first, never mind then, if that's not the problem, real problem is I cant get aminations to work      

I've gotten overly ambitious and I'm trying to get both AAF and Sim settlements 2 working on the same profile.  I've seen claims that it's doable but every time I enable them together AAF stops loading at 68%....ah memories of my early days of using it.  They both work perfectly fine apart.  Has anyone gotten this to work and if so, what's the trick?

6 hours ago, BlackDragon580 said:

I've gotten overly ambitious and I'm trying to get both AAF and Sim settlements 2 working on the same profile.  I've seen claims that it's doable but every time I enable them together AAF stops loading at 68%....ah memories of my early days of using it.  They both work perfectly fine apart.  Has anyone gotten this to work and if so, what's the trick?

AAF won't load if your animation data is inconsistent. Its debug log should tell you what errors it's encountering, but typically it will be because some animation pack references objects from a plugin you're missing, or you have a mod with custom animation data which refers to resources from some animation pack you're missing, or you have installed an animation patch mod which was made for a different version of some animation pack than you're using... etc. The nature of the warnings and errors should provide a clue to set you in the right direction.

14 hours ago, wolfee1 said:

I can start the game, thought it said somewhere you had to lunch through steam first, never mind then, if that's not the problem, real problem is I cant get aminations to work      

You'll need to provide a bit more detail besides "I cant get aminations to work" since we can't see your screen and have no idea what you've tried nor what you observed. Better still, ask for assistance in the help channels on the AAF Discord, like it says at the beginning of the manual.

30 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

You'll need to provide a bit more detail besides "I cant get aminations to work" since we can't see your screen and have no idea what you've tried nor what you observed. Better still, ask for assistance in the help channels on the AAF Discord, like it says at the beginning of the manual.

Dear Vaultbait, do you ever tire of being one of the nicest people on this forum? Do not let the newbies wear you down...:angel:

8 hours ago, BlackDragon580 said:

I use both together and have no issues.  If you are using this (I also have it in LL) you will need to be sure to have them last in your AAF load order after your animations.  Be sure you have the latest versions of my xml's.  You will also need to make sure SS2 and addons/patches are loaded near the top of your load order, AAF towards the bottom.    Sounds like you are missing a plug in somewhere though.  

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57894

or here

Edited by Boceifus
1 hour ago, Boceifus said:

I use both together and have no issues.  If you are using this (I also have it in LL) you will need to be sure to have them last in your AAF load order after your animations.  Be sure you have the latest versions of my xml's.  You will also need to make sure SS2 and addons/patches are loaded near the top of your load order, AAF towards the bottom.    Sounds like you are missing a plug in somewhere though.  

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57894

or here

Yes, I think this is exactly what I need, thank you.  I had SS2 above the AAF stuff but not too much higher.  When I get home I'll try this. Thanks again.

Hey guys i have a little problem. Yesterday everything worked but i decided to do a fresh install and now it's fucked lol

All my Nexus mods work and most LL mods seem to be functional(for the most part), I can use prostitution, surrender the home key work for AAF but scenes won't start and characters just stand there doing nothing with their clothes on. Only change i made since yesterday was to install the new versions of Sex attributes, Atomic and Mutated lust.

Any idea what could be causing this? In both instances i used LOOT to sort my load order so I'm clueless about why it worked yesterday and not this time.

If my load order is fucked(which wouldn't even surprise me) could someone help me figure out which mods need moving and how to move mods where i want them in the load order? In 2 years of using Vortex i never figured it out. I tried googling it but all my search results land on forums where everyone lose his freaking mind hearing the idea you might want to manually change something after you've sorted your list with Vortex/LOOT. ?

loadorder.txt

2 hours ago, M2xim said:

Hey guys i have a little problem.

So, where to begin?

1.) I used Vortex when I first started modding, but I had to switch to Mod Organizer because it gives you more control over where mods go. Plus, for me, Vortex used to do some weird stuff (like place mods where they shouldn't be, mis-install mods, etc.). I get Vortex is easier, but if you can get past the learning curve, you'll have better luck (I think) with Mod Organizer.

2.) Yes, your load order is way out of whack. I don't use a lot of those mods, so it's hard for me to recommend proper placement, however, you should start with the load order that is given in this guide (at least for the mods stated in the guide). Outside of that, I noticed that some of your ESL's are mixed in with your ESM's. Besides the "Unofficial FO4 Patch", ESM's should be above ESL's. So basically, the order is this: ESM -> ESL -> ESP.

3.) I've heard a lot of back and forth about whether or not to use LOOT to sort your load order. I can only speak for my personal experience here. LOOT has ALWAYS jacked up my load order since I started playing Fallout 4. Therefore, I always used mod guides (various ones) as references as to the proper order for mods. For instance, all clothing and armor should be together, weapons together, quests and world together, etc. You also have to follow instructions on mod pages because some of them will have specific install/load order instructions.

4.) After you've done all of that, I would recommend using Wrye Bash ONLY for it's load order issue checker (or whatever it's called). It's mentioned in the Buffout 4 guide. Long story short, there are check boxes next to your mods. If they're green or yellow, they're fine and can stay there. If they're orange or red, then that mod is in the wrong place in your load order and you must manually move it to a different spot. For instance, sometimes LOOT will say mod A is loaded after mod B and the proper order is Mod A -> Mod B. Then it can be more involved if you have patches and all that because LOOT will just put stuff where ever it wants without a care in the world.

I know that probably wasn't the answer you were looking for, but to be honest, it's better to learn how to properly mod a game so that you can troubleshoot your load order yourself and when you hit a snag, you've got a better sense of what could be wrong. Don't get me wrong tho, I've had to ask for help COUNTLESS times from several different communities and everyone has been AWESOME in giving me feedback or pointing me in the right direction. So, once again, sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for, but I hope it's a point in the right direction for you or for someone reading this in the future. If anyone has anything to add that I forgot (because I'm sure I did), feel free to add on. TED Talk, over ?

9 hours ago, psychoqwirk420 said:

So, where to begin?

1.) I used Vortex when I first started modding, but I had to switch to Mod Organizer because it gives you more control over where mods go. Plus, for me, Vortex used to do some weird stuff (like place mods where they shouldn't be, mis-install mods, etc.). I get Vortex is easier, but if you can get past the learning curve, you'll have better luck (I think) with Mod Organizer.

2.) Yes, your load order is way out of whack. I don't use a lot of those mods, so it's hard for me to recommend proper placement, however, you should start with the load order that is given in this guide (at least for the mods stated in the guide). Outside of that, I noticed that some of your ESL's are mixed in with your ESM's. Besides the "Unofficial FO4 Patch", ESM's should be above ESL's. So basically, the order is this: ESM -> ESL -> ESP.

3.) I've heard a lot of back and forth about whether or not to use LOOT to sort your load order. I can only speak for my personal experience here. LOOT has ALWAYS jacked up my load order since I started playing Fallout 4. Therefore, I always used mod guides (various ones) as references as to the proper order for mods. For instance, all clothing and armor should be together, weapons together, quests and world together, etc. You also have to follow instructions on mod pages because some of them will have specific install/load order instructions.

4.) After you've done all of that, I would recommend using Wrye Bash ONLY for it's load order issue checker (or whatever it's called). It's mentioned in the Buffout 4 guide. Long story short, there are check boxes next to your mods. If they're green or yellow, they're fine and can stay there. If they're orange or red, then that mod is in the wrong place in your load order and you must manually move it to a different spot. For instance, sometimes LOOT will say mod A is loaded after mod B and the proper order is Mod A -> Mod B. Then it can be more involved if you have patches and all that because LOOT will just put stuff where ever it wants without a care in the world.

I know that probably wasn't the answer you were looking for, but to be honest, it's better to learn how to properly mod a game so that you can troubleshoot your load order yourself and when you hit a snag, you've got a better sense of what could be wrong. Don't get me wrong tho, I've had to ask for help COUNTLESS times from several different communities and everyone has been AWESOME in giving me feedback or pointing me in the right direction. So, once again, sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for, but I hope it's a point in the right direction for you or for someone reading this in the future. If anyone has anything to add that I forgot (because I'm sure I did), feel free to add on. TED Talk, over ?

1. Yeah i know... I just had a bad experiences with MO so i was trying to push back the moment i would have to make that switch. Bad experiences as in NOTHING would load including the simpler stuff like texture packs or if most things worked i would go into Bodyslide and couldn't build bodies because it wouldn't detect presets i installed and/or the clothes. Sound like i really have to give it another shot... Sucks because i love everything about Vortex but then come the moment to do load order and everything fall appart.

2. That's a really good thing to know i just learned something i had no idea the order you place ESM > ESL >ESP mattered. I'm taking notes.

3. LOOT is absolute tier S+ trash. I don't care what other people think about it. Every game where there's an inbuilt manager and i can just drag and drop mods i do EXACTLY what you just said. I put everything together, make things super clean and easy to navigate and then i put the stuff i've been asked to load last with what i feel is important enough to be there and i NEVER had any problem.

4. That's another good thing to know. I don't know much about Wrye Bash i thought its only use was to make bashed patches which i fucked up every time i tried in Skyrim(everything worked, made a patch, game crash on launch) but if it can help with load orders I'll definitely look it up again.

No you're right i really hoped somebody would tell me ''just click on X and Y to fix the load order'' but I'm glad i got at least one answer and you probably spent a little while on that TED talk so i really appreciate you taking the time. You taught me 1-2 things so it wasn't wasted. Trying MO again was going to be the next step or the one after anyway because I've already reinstalled the game and the mods at least twice a day for the last 2 weeks. I'm losing my sanity over this. Last night i dreamt i was installing/uninstalling all that shit over and over again. When i go to hell for installing all these LL mods i know Satan just gonna set me on fire and ask me to do it all over again for eternity.

Anyway thanks again. I'll try and find all my mods so i don't have to re-download them(I think Vortex store them somewhere) then I'll do another fresh install with MO and i hope this time i can catch a break lol ?

16 hours ago, psychoqwirk420 said:

So, where to begin?

Well i spent my morning doing all of this for nothing. At least my load order looks pretty now. ?

Turns out the only reason there wasn't a single animation working was because i updated Atomic and Mutated lust. Taking a wild guess i imagine the UAP patch need to be updated before i can use them or else everything will break.

Now that this is fixed I'd have one more question for you since you have a little bit of experience with MO2 and I'm a brand new user. At the very bottom there's a line called ''Overwrite'' and i have a couple of things in it. Am i supposed to do something with it? I've read the 3-4 paragraphs explaining what it is but they talk about putting these files into mods and i don't even know what are these files or which mods they are from. All i know is that everything seem to be working so I'm scared of fucking things up again if i mess with it lol

4 hours ago, M2xim said:

Well i spent my morning doing all of this for nothing. At least my load order looks pretty now. ?

Turns out the only reason there wasn't a single animation working was because i updated Atomic and Mutated lust. Taking a wild guess i imagine the UAP patch need to be updated before i can use them or else everything will break.

Now that this is fixed I'd have one more question for you since you have a little bit of experience with MO2 and I'm a brand new user. At the very bottom there's a line called ''Overwrite'' and i have a couple of things in it. Am i supposed to do something with it? I've read the 3-4 paragraphs explaining what it is but they talk about putting these files into mods and i don't even know what are these files or which mods they are from. All i know is that everything seem to be working so I'm scared of fucking things up again if i mess with it lol

I understand I am not the person intended in this conversation.

However, :P

The overwrite in MO is the folder that will be present in all profiles you use. That is what occurs. Now what do you want to do with that?

Generally the process goes that you make a mod of what you have dropped in that folder and leave it at the absolute very bottom of the load order. If you are experienced and absolutely know what files you have there and what they do (provided you are using profiles) and they are not going to cause problems, then you can leave them there. Keep in mind that sometimes other mods later will drop things there and if you don't have a clean Overwrite you can have some cross contamination between profiles.

Again, this is really only a major concern if you are using profiles.

4 hours ago, M2xim said:

My understanding of the overwrite is that it's files that are generated through different means (ie., Bodyslide, FO4Edit, etc.) that you have to put somewhere. I followed another guide that explained it enough for me to understand what to do so that I'm in the game. Basically, you run all those aforementioned programs and they generate files that are in your Overwrite folder. You "create" an empty "mod" via MO2 and call it something. In my case, I called it "Config Files". I take everything from the Overwrite and place it in my "Config Files" "mod" that I created. I then place that "mod" at the bottom of my left pane load order so that it takes priority over everything. Really the only thing that needs priority are the meshes that I create via bodyslide. The xEdit cache files are whatever, really. That's kind of the TL;DR version of how the overwrite folder works. If you want better understanding of MO2, check out GamerPoets on YouTube. The information provided on MO2 (as well as other programs and such) are invaluable. Here are a few links to some stuff that I found useful when I started my journey:

I used this as a base for starting my mod list

The Midnight Ride

This guide gave me a great starting point and some tips on mods (pick and choose as you like) and other stuff

Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.1.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

This has a LOT of useful information on various different things (including a section talking about Wrye Bash that I touched on before)

How to Install Buffout

These are some optional things, but good to look through and see if you need or not. For instance, I don't use PRP, I use CRP (on discord), so somethings don't apply for me

FO4 Important Community Mods Patches and Fixes

Modding is a pain in the ass and I'm sure all veteran modders on this site would agree, but to get a truly enjoyable experience time and time again, it's best to know what you're doing or not doing. I had tons of help from people, a lot on this site, guide me on my journey. Hopefully I can pay it forward a bit. TED talk 2 over. Hope some of that helps!

34 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

I understand I am not the person intended in this conversation.

However, :P

The overwrite in MO is the folder that will be present in all profiles you use. That is what occurs. Now what do you want to do with that?

Generally the process goes that you make a mod of what you have dropped in that folder and leave it at the absolute very bottom of the load order. If you are experienced and absolutely know what files you have there and what they do (provided you are using profiles) and they are not going to cause problems, then you can leave them there. Keep in mind that sometimes other mods later will drop things there and if you don't have a clean Overwrite you can have some cross contamination between profiles.

Again, this is really only a major concern if you are using profiles.

I don't use multiple profiles so I'll just leave them there then. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, psychoqwirk420 said:

My understanding of the overwrite is that it's files that are generated through different means (ie., Bodyslide, FO4Edit, etc.) that you have to put somewhere. I followed another guide that explained it enough for me to understand what to do so that I'm in the game. Basically, you run all those aforementioned programs and they generate files that are in your Overwrite folder. You "create" an empty "mod" via MO2 and call it something. In my case, I called it "Config Files". I take everything from the Overwrite and place it in my "Config Files" "mod" that I created. I then place that "mod" at the bottom of my left pane load order so that it takes priority over everything. Really the only thing that needs priority are the meshes that I create via bodyslide. The xEdit cache files are whatever, really. That's kind of the TL;DR version of how the overwrite folder works. If you want better understanding of MO2, check out GamerPoets on YouTube. The information provided on MO2 (as well as other programs and such) are invaluable. Here are a few links to some stuff that I found useful when I started my journey:

I used this as a base for starting my mod list

The Midnight Ride

This guide gave me a great starting point and some tips on mods (pick and choose as you like) and other stuff

Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.1.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

This has a LOT of useful information on various different things (including a section talking about Wrye Bash that I touched on before)

How to Install Buffout

These are some optional things, but good to look through and see if you need or not. For instance, I don't use PRP, I use CRP (on discord), so somethings don't apply for me

FO4 Important Community Mods Patches and Fixes

Modding is a pain in the ass and I'm sure all veteran modders on this site would agree, but to get a truly enjoyable experience time and time again, it's best to know what you're doing or not doing. I had tons of help from people, a lot on this site, guide me on my journey. Hopefully I can pay it forward a bit. TED talk 2 over. Hope some of that helps!

After playing for a while i realized manually sorting all 173 plugins had another effect beyond just making a pretty load order. It fixed mods i didn't even know were broken because parts of them were functional. It also reduced some of the stuttering when walking into a new cell and i didn't have a single CTD yet today. I'm used to have one every 1-2h.

Thanks again! I should've tried harder to figure out MO2 years ago lol

5 hours ago, M2xim said:

Personally, I use MO2 to manage my mods and my mod list, but I don't use it to start the game.
So i copy/paste and use a lot of disk space because:
1. MO2 mod folder.
2. FO4 clean and original files.
3. multiple Data folder versions (ie: Data before leaving Vault 111, Data for Commonwealth Slavers part, Data after Commonwealth Slavers).

But this is my way, and absolutely not THE way to follow. From my point of view, I don't want my computer to manage a virtual part to save resources for my computer to breathe.

Hello,

Updated to the last files, and my behemoth is having... mmmhh... issues... do you know where i can find some blue pills? id looked for the meshes, but theres a lot of mods that manipulates the behemoth i dont know wich is the right one, and the behemoth is the only one i have found with problems.

Thanks in advance

10 hours ago, Gamaramdi said:

Updated to the last files, and my behemoth is having... mmmhh... issues... do you know where i can find some blue pills? id looked for the meshes, but theres a lot of mods that manipulates the behemoth i dont know wich is the right one, and the behemoth is the only one i have found with problems.

It should normally be handled by Creature Resources or UAP. Presumably you're using one of those or you wouldn't see a penis mesh on it at all. The behemoth animations are probably Savage Cabbage's (that's at least the biggest set of behemoth anims I'm aware of, maybe the only, I don't recall off hand). I would be suspicious of anything overwriting files from those mods as potential culprits, and maybe try adjusting the overwrite order (especially check against this manual).

Also, as always, seek guidance in the help channels on the AAF Discord of course.