[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

Lol it makes me laugh we have this fantastic guide and how to mod list page giving us all the info we need to get our AAF up and running in our fantastic ultra modded fallout 4. exept how to fucking well log in to fucking Moddingham please dago put the upto date files back on LLab.

edit i just saw the comment above mine regarding only two ways to get aaf i dont do patron either out of principle and the updated files prob will not reappear back on LLab and that is what i hate about patron some modders use us as guinea pigs to test out their work and we like lemmings give all the feedback so they get a working program then they shut the files behind dear old fucking patron where you have to pay some form of perscription fee (i am not pointing fingers at dagobaking its just a personel opinion of patron) so in the end this comment turned into a mild rant no apolagies on my part and if i offended anyone tough shit but if i opened someones eyes to the workings of patron then hey welcome to the club, again much love to all.

Edited by johnpage
18 minutes ago, johnpage said:

put the upto date files back to LLab

They were never on LL, they were on Nexus before The Great Debacle prompted a move to an independent location in 2021. The AAF page on LL has always only linked to downloads on other sites which require a login.

The author has already explained repeatedly and at great length why they don't host AAF on a site that caters primarily to NSFW mods. See the "Download Location & Instructions" paragraph here for the details.

18 minutes ago, johnpage said:

Really! i remember downloading from LL a couple of years ago but i have not updated since the ''Great Debacle'' of AAF moving to Moddingham sod the fans ay! time i left.

If you downloaded it a couple of years ago, you downloaded it from Nexus Mods, which required you to log into an account there to do so. (Or you downloaded a test release from Patreon or Discord, which similarly required you to log in first.)

2 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If you downloaded it a couple of years ago, you downloaded it from Nexus Mods, which required you to log into an account there to do so. (Or you downloaded a test release from Patreon or Discord, which similarly required you to log in first.)

I am pretty sure i did not download it from nexus i have had an account with them for years about the same amount of time i have been here on LL it was a little green tab which you clicked and it downloaded a rar file and i dislike patreon intensly so i would not have downloaded it there. but really there is no need to keep answering my thread its not that importent now is it after all its a mild rant we will not see AAF back on LL people will still use patreon even tho some of us see their schemes and really the guide is only for those who have paid for the mod and the guide is needed to fix the conglomeration of mods that are borked. you really dont have to reply to this vaultbait and i'm leaving

It took me literally a minute to make an account, get the phpbb confirmation email, and get access... a single minute.

But he HAS accommodated the request, at least for now, and the one on moddingham is 166.0 while the one on nexusmods LL is 166.1, and they do actually differ.

diff -qr moddingham-166.0/ ll-166.1/

Spoiler

diff -qr moddingham-166.0/ ll-166.1/

Files moddingham/00 Base/AAF/AAF_settings.ini and ll/00 Base/AAF/AAF_settings.ini differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/AAF.esm and ll/00 Base/AAF.esm differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/AAF - Main.ba2 and ll/00 Base/AAF - Main.ba2 differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/F4SE/Plugins/LL_fourPlay_1_10_163.dll and ll/00 Base/F4SE/Plugins/LL_fourPlay_1_10_163.dll differ
Only in moddingham/00 Base/F4SE/Plugins: LL_FourPlay.sample
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Cn.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Cn.TXT differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_De.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_De.TXT differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_En.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_En.TXT differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_EsMx.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_EsMx.TXT differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Es.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Es.TXT differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Fr.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Fr.TXT differ
Only in moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations: AAF_hu.txt
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_it.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_it.TXT differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Ja.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Ja.TXT differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Pl.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Pl.TXT differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_PtBr.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_PtBr.TXT differ
Files moddingham/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Ru.TXT and ll/00 Base/Interface/Translations/AAF_Ru.TXT differ
Only in ll/00 Base: Scripts
Files moddingham/70 Source Scripts/Scripts/Source/User/AAF/AAF_API.psc and ll/70 Source Scripts/Scripts/Source/User/AAF/AAF_API.psc differ
Files moddingham/70 Source Scripts/Scripts/Source/User/AAF/AAF_MainQuestScript.psc and ll/70 Source Scripts/Scripts/Source/User/AAF/AAF_MainQuestScript.psc differ
Files moddingham/70 Source Scripts/Scripts/Source/User/AAF/AAF_Renamer.psc and ll/70 Source Scripts/Scripts/Source/User/AAF/AAF_Renamer.psc differ
Files moddingham/70 Source Scripts/Scripts/Source/User/LL_FourPlay.psc and ll/70 Source Scripts/Scripts/Source/User/LL_FourPlay.psc differ
Files moddingham/FOMOD/info.XML and ll/FOMOD/info.XML differ
Files moddingham/FOMOD/Meta.iNi and ll/FOMOD/Meta.iNi differ
Files moddingham/FOMOD/ModuleConfig.XML and ll/FOMOD/ModuleConfig.XML differ

The mix-n-match approach is probably not ideal.

Going forward, who knows? But it's not my code so I will get it where the author requests. End of.

- - -

Edited by DeathApproaches
cause I'm an idiot?
18 minutes ago, DeathApproaches said:

the one on nexusmods is 166.1

The AAF available for download from Nexus Mods is 161.1 (from 2 years ago), not 166.1. The author chose to simply abandon the copy of the mod there rather than delete it, but is not updating it in that location.

thanks for the correction! essh talk about selective dyslexia!

But even weirder was I meant LL not nexus, guess that's the issue of having 21 tabs going at once when trying to answer something...

I'll edit it with strikethroughs to avoid confusion.

Can't dago just request it's removed? Or just doesn't want to deal? I mean I get it, the Nexodus will have ripples for years to come.

Edited by DeathApproaches

Picked up my FO4 game after a decent break and had to do a bunch of updates for AAF, RSE II, etc. Loaded my savegame and while the game didn't crash or anything dramatic like that, various tidbits didn't work (hotkeys to trigger AAF, surrender, etc). The OP was excellent in helping me get sorted and running but I have a question.

I started a new game and everything there worked great. So at least I've got it confirmed that I have it installed properly.

So the question is this: do I *HAVE* to start a new game or is there a way to re-initialize everything on my existing save-game as if it were a new playthrough?

Edited by KT78
12 hours ago, KT78 said:

So the question is this: do I *HAVE* to start a new game or is there a way to re-initialize everything on my existing save-game as if it were a new playthrough?

The best "super-non-technical" way I can answer that is, yes. If you made dramatic changes to your games load order, mod-list, etc...it's BEST to start a new game. I've always been told that the Re-Saver cleaner doesn't work for Fallout like it did for Skyrim, therefore, unless told to (via Buffout Crash Scanner), that won't help all that much. 

You updated your mods, which in some/most cases, is like installing a brand new mod. Yes, some mods are safe to install mid-game and most mod authors will let you know if they are. However, some mods require you to start a new game, or at least a "clean save" to update the mod. The clean save they're talking about is hard save, disable (if applicable), uninstall, load game, hard save, install update, go on with life. Depending upon the situation, that may or may not work.

ALL that rambling being said, it's always usually the best idea to start a new game if your going to alter things. In your case, I don't know how old your mods are/were and many things could have been changed. Just hard to pinpoint on my end. I hope that all made sense.

3 hours ago, gegging said:

The latest version of Bodytalk (2022 DEC build) and latest looksmenu seem to work fine regarding how erections work. Alignment seemed to be off but on a case by case basis not so different from Sexlab mods.

Apparently it's hit-or-miss, at least from what I was told. I've always used the latest versions of LooksMenu and see few or no penis morph failures (basically only occasionally under heavy game engine load), but others report problems of that nature which don't occur with LM 1.6.18. Conversely, others have reported similar issues earlier in this topic which vanish after upgrading to latest LM. I have yet to be able to identify what it is about my setup that causes me not to experience the problem.

Recent versions of Atomic Muscle have completely dropped support for penis morphs, switching to an animobject approach I think? So in theory users of AM should have no reason not to upgrade to latest LM anyway, but what gets recommended in the manual is the decision of its authors, and I'm sure they have good reasons to continue recommending what versions of things they do.

5 hours ago, HligusSligus said:

After some hours of bashing my head against keyboard I have found that the following mod causes AAF to be stuck at 70% loaded in case anyone else has such problem.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/63836

I have not tried the mod but I just looked at all the files in the 2 ba2 archives as well as the plugin, and all it does is change supermutants.  I don't see why that would stop AAF from loading, unless I'm missing something.  But I could see potential issues with Supermutant scenes not working with this mod.

16 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said:

I have not tried the mod but I just looked at all the files in the 2 ba2 archives as well as the plugin, and all it does is change supermutants.  I don't see why that would stop AAF from loading, unless I'm missing something.  But I could see potential issues with Supermutant scenes not working with this mod.

Enabling AAF debug mod and looking for the problem would have been the best option.

On 7/2/2022 at 4:53 AM, Sgt. Marge said:

Issue: Arturo (and anyone else wearing Dirty Army Outfit) is stretching!

Solution: Latest problem with Bodytalk was with Dirty Army Outfit that Arturo wears, it was stretching out because he is so buff he can't be contained there was a problem.  Please install the newest Bodytalk (TBOS-BT3-July2022-R2.zip) which was released July 24 to address this problem and batch build the male clothing again in Bodyslide (But do not build the Longshoreman outfit as that one may still have a problem.)

Here's my little quick and dirty guide on installing Bodytalk, just don't build the Longshoreman outfit.

*updated November 12, placed old edits in Spoiler as they are only if you were still using an old version and encountering these issues*

____ old edits below ____

Reveal hidden contents

Anyone else crashing at the crib scene with spouse with the latest BodyTalk3 installed (TBOS-BT3-June2022.zip)?

Edit: If you'd rather use Bodytalk, try reinstalling it and don't choose the pre-built clothing options.  After testing it appears that using the options in the spoiler below I'm able to proceed past the crib scene.  I was able to use the same initial save the game makes just after the mirror sequence, so that would not have to be repeated if you don't want to go through character creation again.

Edit:  If you are still crashing after rebuilding June2022R2 without outfits as indicated in the screen shot below, and you aren't getting a crash log, please report this to the mod author of Bodytalk at the following discord server in the #bt-support channel:

https://discord.gg/5AtTnzmfs8

Generally when people have gotten crash logs from this crash, the log has mentioned that it's related to cpb | skeleton.  But I am not able to verify if all those crashes are because of Bodytalk. 

Edit2: The July2022 build seems to suffer from the same crash when zoning into Diamond City.  If you are getting this crash with July2022, reinstall it without the pre-built clothing as the screen shot below shows. 

Important:  If you are using Vortex, and Batch Built the clothing from any of the June builds or this newest July build, you will have to figure out how to delete those built meshes from your system or you are going to keep crashing.  I do not yet have instructions on doing so.  If someone knows how, please post it here.

Edit3: A new version of BodyTalk was just released July 23rd to again address the crashing issue.  It was found via a user in the Fallout 4 tech support forum that it was Arturo's outfit (Dirty Army Fatigues) that was causing the crash, and likely was causing crashes with any other area someone was wearing that outfit.  The pre-built mesh was adjusted for that outfit in order to attempt to correct the problem.

** If you still experience crashes with this latest version (TBOS-BT3-July2022-R1.zip), and reinstalling without the pre-built clothing resolves that crash for you, please contact the mod author of BodyTalk via their discord to report it (and drop us a note here or on the AAF discord as well if you wouldn't mind). Include your Buffout Crash log as well if you get one. **

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.658df8e892a509fa6c369aed0813d304.png

I'm late. I'm using BT3 December 2022 and dirty (and clean) army fatigues don't seem to crash anymore. I wore it myself, made a companion wear it as well, I fast traveled to 1-2 areas, no issues.

Of course, crashes still happen randomly (albeit very very seldom) and Buffout 4 scanner log claims that my cbp.dll is "involved in this crash". Now, whether that is true or not is unknown. Other than that, no real issues other than the log giving me recommendations to switch some mods.

I guess the newest version solves the issue? I'm using mods for the first time, never tried mods before so everything is new to me.

Edited by georgechalkias
On 1/8/2023 at 8:46 AM, georgechalkias said:

I'm late. I'm using BT3 December 2022 and dirty (and clean) army fatigues don't seem to crash anymore. I wore it myself, made a companion wear it as well, I fast traveled to 1-2 areas, no issues.

Of course, crashes still happen randomly (albeit very very seldom) and Buffout 4 scanner log claims that my cbp.dll is "involved in this crash". Now, whether that is true or not is unknown. Other than that, no real issues other than the log giving me recommendations to switch some mods.

I guess the newest version solves the issue? I'm using mods for the first time, never tried mods before so everything is new to me.

The mod author for bodytalk is stating on their discord that the clothing issues should be resolved with the december update.  If you find any problems with the clothing generated by bodytalk you can report there.  

As for physics,  make sure you are using OCBP linked on the first page of this thread. 

You may have to use trial and error in order to determine what the problem is.  Start with basic mods, make a new game and test.  If no crashing, add half of the mods you use and test, each time in a new game.  Grab SKK fast start if you want to skip the vault.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Marge said:

The mod author for bodytalk is stating on their discord that the clothing issues should be resolved with the december update.  If you find any problems with the clothing generated by bodytalk you can report there.  

As for physics,  make sure you are using OCBP linked on the first page of this thread. 

You may have to use trial and error in order to determine what the problem is.  Start with basic mods, make a new game and test.  If no crashing, add half of the mods you use and test, each time in a new game.  Grab SKK fast start if you want to skip the vault.

Ok, thank you. :) - I assume I still should follow your guide about batch-building?

In fact, that's what I'm doing right now, sort of. Been having crashes with and without BT3 (tried with EVB as well, still crashes) so I'm running a complete new save to test mods by adding them one by one. Not using physics for now.

Edited by georgechalkias
On 1/5/2023 at 7:03 AM, Sgt. Marge said:

Well it is possible that there were some other issues considering I have 324 mods but if I recall this one in particular stopped the loading at AAF 70%.