OBMM has its uses like any other tool.  It does a fine job at archive invalidation via bsa redirection and is useful for installing\extracting OMODs. 

You can tell it to start the game via OBSE_loader by doing the following:

1. Start OBMM

2. Click settings (far right hand side)

3. Enter the following in the command line box:  obse_loader.exe

4. Hit the red "x" to close the settings box.

5. Click the launch Oblivion button.

To be honest, once you get more advanced into modding you will rarely use OBMM as Wyre has more of the features that you will need and use.

As for NMM.........I guess you could use it to wipe your computer's butt, beyond that I don't know what other useful purpose it could possibly serve......... :P

Thanks gregathit, very helpful.

Using OBMM is pure force of habit for me; Wrye Bash is so, so much better for installing files as an enthusiast. 

However to be fair OBMM has made modding accessable to a lot more people, and so probably led to the creation of many mods.  For that it has my thanks, and respect.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest thunderiaz

I found more in the .kf file from Growlf's Body Resizing Mod that rotates the boobs. So Growlf added the ability to translate the OP1 bones and rotate them too. That solved some things that weren't working for me.

I went through and made a replacer for Growlf's Body Resizing Mod, allowing much larger sizes, the largest of which is mostly just crazy unless they were weight painted very light to begin with. Also it makes very obvious at large sizes any flaws in the original mesh or weight painting, so it could be a nice tool for that.

Here's the download for my new .kf files, just overwrite Growlf's if you use his mod: http://chaisy.minus.com/lbkPhhAJikFOXv

Here's some images which show what's now possible. The upper body shown is Speedbuster's HGEC 28a.

Slideshow Gallery: http://chaisy.minus.com/lb2qrXPwwaxWz7

Or view in spoilers:

jb2qrXPwwaxWz7.jpgjfzZ1x5YiV4kL.jpgj2J8CzKuLBd7S.jpgjFRdxIHx4DPGK.jpgjbxh0rZdTLZkm3.jpgjSK6wZsa21Ulx.jpgjbopVNB8rQqgib.jpgjlZDTm9AvWYRf.jpgjBLBkfIcvC2hq.jpgjbocGwQh6ZOTQ0.jpgjbwbR8CTe2M7Mb.jpgjEAuUtqtgmUgW.jpg

It should work with any BBB upper body or armor that doesn't use the OP3 bone, but larger sizes might look messed up depending on the quality of the original mesh and weight painting.

Does any body still have the .kf file replacer for Growlf body resizing mod from this post? The download link is not working. 

Just putting some ideas...

I didn't wanna get into this before knowing it was possible, so I first asked in "is there a mod that..?" thread

Now this is more about "Setbody Reloaded"... but I want something more specific

Is there something that allows you to set different body types but doesn't assign them randomly and focuses more on races?

And more important to me: a way to eliminate all those pesky gargantuan sized breast and leave only realistic types from AA to E cup and only as far away as an H cup?

The thing is I don't need 500000000 body combinations... I'm happy with Roberts male and the normal classic breast sizes of HGEC body from AA to E.

Perhaps I'd be happier with a few more options such as a bit more muscular body and hooves and paws for certain races... but that's exactly the point: Races

It'd be perfect for me if I could set body types for races in general

I'm not sure if this has been done, I don't have too much hope, being only very few of us who don't use DMRA, Manga or other extreme types, but I have to ask

I think its made through messing with the ini file right?

I apologize for asking and not doing it, but I get lazy just to think about the possibility of having to search and delete entries for hundreds if not thousands of body types I wont ever use

Any possibility?

And the idea, was posted before, but I put it on the table again.

I don't know scripting, but I have a vague idea of what can be done

And I think armor replacers could be made to work

Say you have a character using one specific body type, just have the mod search for alternate versions in certain folders, if there are none, just use the default versions

It was said that for 50000000 bodies it would be a lot, but what if its done for only a few?

Meaning the most popular sizes.

Ive found replacers for vanilla armor in A, C , D, E cup and DMRA, but there are many weird body types that no one ever bothered to make replacers for, so the idea is to focus on the ones that do have replacer versions

Too much work needed, Elalquimista. Maybe you want only robert male and some HGEC regular boobs, but I prefer Lika a Babe and TGND, someone prefers DMRA and Megaoppai, someone likes Curvaceous Chubby and THEC .... and so on. Basically one cannot satisfy every other folks' needs.

The idea is very good and intriguing by itself of course. Actually, I had written a plugin that starts from the similar (but little bit different) idea. My idea was 'naturally' populating modded items over the game world, with some condition filters which can be configured by ini.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/8661-bu-armors-compilation/?p=326286

This plugin was abandonned because I became inactive for about half a year. This mod is far from perfect and might not match to your purpose.

As to the basic 'possibility' of auto-boob-swapping mod, autosetcloth or whatever you name it. While I don't think it's totally impossible, there are two big problems in this project imo.

1. We want to change the mesh path of a given clothing according to the current body type of given npc. But how do we know what body is assigned to this npc?

2. How about compatibility with Break Armor framework or similar mesh swapping framework?

- There is practically no way at the moment (outside of setbody mod I mean) to determine what body type is assigned. You can only identify whether the npc body is set by setbody or not yet set. Once gerra6 and I had discussed about adding callback function that returns body type string. He told me that he'll put the function when update the setbody mod, but then became inactive, like me. It happens.. There may be some workaround but never thought about it seriously.

- Dunno about BA compatibility. Hell, it's important to me. If we choose to populate bunch of new items instead of changing mesh path in order to avoid conflict, we cannot handle dynamic formids such as ingame-enchanged armors. If we directly face the issue and just change the mesh path.. well, guess that's like a mad scientist experiment.

*edit*

If we just create a framework only (and configured by ini), and don't put all the clothings together, it's possible I guess. As long as we overcome those issues above.

Found another bug.

The HGEC E Cup BBB upperbody. This mesh is not like a original HGEC upperbody. It is fine with the lowerbody of this Mod but not with all original HGEC lowerbodies, lower-clothes and lower-armors.

post-3205-0-62121000-1376190333_thumb.jpg

So if the Player/NPC only wears HGEC lowerbody clothes/armor there is a hole in the Body.

I tested a lot of HGEC bodies, old (before there was BBB), clothes, armors and different BBB Bodys. The upperbody of this Mod is not "real" HGEC.

Then I checked other Upperbodies of Set Body reloaded (HGEC B, C, D, HA and HB) all have a hole if I use HGEC lowerbody clothes/armor or original HGEC lowerbody.

This mod is awesome, thanks gerra6!! There are so many different options to choose from, thanks a lot man!

EDIT : Ummmm, I've got an issue. I get serious FPS loss when my character is using one of the bodies from this mod. No FPS loss when she's in an outfit, that's probably because the body adapts to the body that's with the outfit. So basically there's a pretty large FPS loss when my char is running around naked with one of the bodies from setbody.

This mod is awesome, thanks gerra6!! There are so many different options to choose from, thanks a lot man!

EDIT : Ummmm, I've got an issue. I get serious FPS loss when my character is using one of the bodies from this mod. No FPS loss when she's in an outfit, that's probably because the body adapts to the body that's with the outfit. So basically there's a pretty large FPS loss when my char is running around naked with one of the bodies from setbody.

Bodies in this mod are just another clothings that look like naked body. No more, no less. And they are not so heavy even as clothings. If wearing them causes serious performance loss, that may be because of script or something else imo. Because I don't see noticeable difference..

Setbody Reloaded is quite smart as far as the system footprint is concerned, so it may cause drop but shouldn't be too serious. Well, just in case, try PyFFIying the meshes with the latest version. PyFFI script that Gerra used wasn't the latest when he was working on this mod. If that doesn't help I'm not sure.. maybe you're just hitting the soft cap of active script numbers.

http://tescosi.com/wiki/PyFFI

movomo we are not the only ones with FPS Problems,  see pancakeninja's Problem with SetBody reloaded meshes http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10735-modified-manga-round-ass/page-3?do=findComment&comment=459987

Hmm.. I see. Alas, I miss gerra so much. He should be able to figure out what's going on.

I think the problem is on somewhere else other than meshes. I usually fix the seam or asymmetry myself whenever I find any, but I haven't found any problem (normal issue, vertex doubles, dirty nif) yet and clothings I've made based on Setbody bodies are working just fine.

I read the difficulties of the idea I posted... I had given up... until guess what:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/39371//?

Found this

I'm still testing it, I don't know if it works for custom armor, but vanilla equipment works just fine with it

And you can even create your own categories

After messing a bit with the original setbody mod's scripts, I managed to get only the body types I wanted in set up, AND I even made options for paws, reptile claws and hooves, all of them I think I've seen somewhere around. All for male and female

Now my dilemma is how to configure the groups in the second mod (Set Body Expanded) so that they match what I want

This mod classifies replacer meshes in 4 categories for each gender: hand, foot, upper and lower

Upperbody seems to have priority but it's a bit confusing to understand it's functioning in some extremes. I have to test mods to the limit before accepting them.

In this case imagine I set a group for Hooves in lower body meshes, but what happens when a hooved armor occupies the upper body too... apparently, nothing, if it uses the upper slot, it replaces, but if it's set for lower, it only replaces if only the lower slot is active... at least I think so

So the solution would be creating an upperbody mesh category for hooves too?... My mind is tired after messing with scripts, cant think straight now... I feel confused

Despite my confusion in setting the right groups, the mod WORKS, at least for vanilla armor

I have now two concerns:

1.- I still haven't tried the functionality on custom armor, and I really hope it works too

2.- Would it be possible to make something that automatically sets certain races to certain body types? (this is including my modification of Set Body mod and Set body Expanded) The idea is that the game automatically sets the bodies according to Set Body to things like reptile claws for argonians and paws for khajiits. I think The author gave permission for sharing, so I'll post my modification as soon as I'm done gathering the right meshes

The mod you are pointing to isn't any different than this one.  In fact it likely is far more limited and buggy IMHO.

You can set bodies for different races, but it you would need scripting and arrays to do so.  I am pretty sure that you would loose the random feature, as each race would be locked to a particular body.  That is all well and good for being nude.

HOWEVER, where it gets untenable is with clothing\armors.  You would need to then make a script with arrays to account for each and every body type for each and every piece of armor you wanted to share between them.  Talk about complicated as fuck.  Not only that, but the length of the scripts (you would have a ton of them) would probably hammer your FPS right straight into the ground.

I am far from a scripting guru, so perhaps I am way off base, but I don't think so.

The mod you are pointing to isn't any different than this one.  In fact it likely is far more limited and buggy IMHO.

Well... I just call up the card that there's something for everybody's tastes.

The thing I made after messing with scripts allows to combine things, like an E Cup with a LL lowerbody, and then an E Cup with a hooved lowerbody

an then if you want to chance the body to an A or H cup, you can still do so. It works perfect for naked bodies, as I'm sure Set Body Reloaded, does too

As my philosophy is modding for myself and then see if anybody likes it, I did this according to my preferences. I know It doesn't have manga or the 978678567567 variations of DMRA and all that huge collection of humongous breasts, but I like it and it works

I had to made this because nobody would made it for me and I don't want all those extra bodies popping out.

You can set bodies for different races, but it you would need scripting and arrays to do so.  I am pretty sure that you would loose the random feature, as each race would be locked to a particular body.  That is all well and good for being nude.

So I guess I'm trying to find out if there is a way I could... I don't know... maybe scavenge this mod as I scavenged the other ones and made an addition that applies some setting to races... say pawed khajiits and A cup x117's. I'm more into realism and immersion. But I assure you, the way things are combined in this version, the only limit it'd put is to have races with pre-selected features, and the "Set Body" spell still would work

The idea is not about locking anything, it's more about pre-selecting

I'd gladly do it myself If I even knew where to begin, but Im asking some advice, to get to that point, maybe scavenging this... or how the hell does one even make a script...

HOWEVER, where it gets untenable is with clothing\armors.  You would need to then make a script with arrays to account for each and every body type for each and every piece of armor you wanted to share between them.  Talk about complicated as fuck.  Not only that, but the length of the scripts (you would have a ton of them) would probably hammer your FPS right straight into the ground.

I am far from a scripting guru, so perhaps I am way off base, but I don't think so.

It seems I didnt made it clear before:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/39371//?

This mod, works

It changes, clothing and armor to custom versions

Set Body takes care of nudity, this one takes care of clothes

Its not Oblivion.esm-dependant and it doesn't even have thousands of scripts

It just tells the game to look for meshes in other folders, and if it doesn't find them, it goes to the main folder

The categories system for each option is managed by messing with the factions window in the CS and the only other thing you need to do is make folders named like the factions yo have, you can add or remove factions and folders like you want and have the options you decide... its not perfect as there are some confusing things

No extra scripts

Just Folder + Faction = New Option

Like I said, no idea yet if it works for custom armor, but at least vanilla armor works perfect

At the moment, I still have trouble deciding how I'm gonna make the factions for all the things I want, the order of things is a bit complicated ATM, but I can see a light of hope in this

At first, I thought it was a miracle

Too good to be true

I still can't believe it's possible and I'm still looking for a major bug that'll break my game, but so far, it works, and I still can't believe it

EDIT: SORRY

Posted wrong link before, now it's right

Sure. That kind of framework is possible indeed. In both 'mesh swap' and 'object swap' way.

Some things you should consider carefully:

'Mesh swap' framework such as Break Armor will work best for this purpose. But conflicting issue could be troublesome.

And if I'm reading those scripts correctly, SetbodyEx clones the base items. 'Cloning' system is highly dangerous so be ready for horrible save game bloat. If I remember correctly, this SetbodyEX mod has been discussed few times before and ignored because of this and few other issues.

On a related note by the way,

2.- Would it be possible to make something that automatically sets certain races to certain body types? (this is including my modification of Set Body mod and Set body Expanded) The idea is that the game automatically sets the bodies according to Set Body to things like reptile claws for argonians and paws for khajiits. I think The author gave permission for sharing, so I'll post my modification as soon as I'm done gathering the right meshes

This is already done by Autosetbody plugin. Autosetbody exists exactly for this purpose.

How could this be done? Just delete or comment out all other unwanted body types in the ini. Then Autosetbody will set the body type of an npc with the remaining one.

Ok, that link makes more sense.  HOWEVER there is still a shit load of work that you will have to do.  As you said, you will have to set up the races as factions somehow so they will use the proper clothing\body\armor.  You also will have to enter each and every single variant into the CS.  Depending on how many custom armors you want to use that could be a very tall order indeed.  I suggest you stick with vanilla replacer type items for your first iteration of the mod and then you can branch out from there if things go as planned.

One final thing from the readme file:

WARNING:
This mod could result in save game bloat. Each time the mod has to create a new piece of armor
or clothing, it is saved into your game. It’s probably not a big concern, since it’s only going to
increase your save game file about as much as creating a new spell at the spell making altar.
However, depending on the player this could result in a lot of new items.

Just be aware that the more armors\clothing\bodies you throw at this the more likely you are to experience some negative issues.  Keep your first version fairly simple and straightforward so you can figure out what works and what doesn't.  Then slowly expand it from there.

Best of luck to you.   :)

I think my explanation was poor.

I found an old discussion thread about this matter.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4793-one-size-fits-all-armoreclothing/

yes, even mighty gerra thinks this is possible. What we can't do is the 'automatic' feature. Because we can't recognize the currently assigned body type of an npc.

Anyway you should consider this carefully.

From what I figure, seems SetbodyEX does not care about deleting cloned forms after cloning. (And I don't know if there is any way to delete cloned objects once and for all unlike cloned references) What this means is, those cloned objects will remain in your saved game forever, even if you disable the mod. Because they are dynamic records, they won't be deleted by disabling the mod.

Yes but keep in mind what Gerra6 was talking about was building arrays via scripting.  This is the only way to avoid the saved game bloat that the plugin Elalquimista is thinking about modifying would have. 

This alone would be a very daunting endevor without Gerra6 around anymore.  And that is the least of the work.  You'd still need to assemble all the meshes for each and every body type that you employed.  Then enter them into the CS.  The more body types and the more custom armors\clothing you include, the longer you are looking at sitting in front of the CS.

Heavens to Murgatroyd!  Sitting in front of the CS for that length of time scares the willies out of this little camper.   :P

Well, I'll stop posting as I don't want to discourage you.  If you could figure out a way to pull this off it would be an instant hit.  It will just take someone a heck of a lot smarter than me to do it......which won't be all that difficult as I am pretty far down list in terms of modding savy.   :blush: