I'm gonna make different types of tattoo packs, which would you like me to start with?  

1,486 members have voted

1. 1. Same deal as the last poll, if you vote for every option your vote won't actually matter, the numbers will just go up so vote for just one or a few.

• Rougher font & More Rapey Pack
    • Bestiality/Furry Pack
    • Lesbian Pack (I'm gonna add a few more to this no matter the results of this poll since I've already started on it, I just want to gauge interest in it)
    • Girly Font Pack (example: https://static.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_2020_03/6169UtqMLtL._SL1200_.jpg.79179c96816982bf7ff1eefbd754d2f2.jpg)
    • Incest Pack
    • Femdom Pack
    • Futa Pack

This poll is closed to new votes

To contribute a bit to the file size discussion. I halved the resolution of the PAWGL.dds which reduced the file from 16mb to 4mb. I then applied both PAWGL.dds and PAWGR.dds of them to see if there was a noticeable difference.

Spoiler

image.png.07c981faf1ec38844c8ba240cffea8cb.png

As I'm sure you can see, there is definitely a slight loss in the sharpness of the lines. However, the file is like 30%? of the original size and I had to get my camera right up against their ass to see the difference.

Also no idea why one of them is flipped. I probably fucked something up.

PAWGR.dds PAWGL.dds

9 hours ago, Adeladen said:

I didn't compress it, I used a 4k paint layer instead of 8k in mudbox.

Did you go through each tattoo and rescale it manually? 

No, i used a program to do it in batch. going through almost 300 tattoos manually, brrr... It was very badly optimized and also touched things i didn't want it to (i had to revert my textures folder soon after.... sigh.) so i deleted it. I'm still looking for a new and better way to compress in batch.

I say compress but like Osmosis above me said, i just cut the resolution in half.

Maybe there's a difference for mudbox between choosing to start with a 8k or 4k layer, and making your 8k then downsizing it?

7 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

To contribute a bit to the file size discussion. I halved the resolution of the PAWGL.dds which reduced the file from 16mb to 4mb. I then applied both PAWGL.dds and PAWGR.dds of them to see if there was a noticeable difference.

Hide contents

image.png.07c981faf1ec38844c8ba240cffea8cb.png

As I'm sure you can see, there is definitely a slight loss in the sharpness of the lines. However, the file is like 30%? of the original size and I had to get my camera right up against their ass to see the difference.

Also no idea why one of them is flipped. I probably fucked something up.

PAWGR.dds 16 MB · 0 downloads PAWGL.dds 4 MB · 0 downloads

Lol I just checked and I fucked up while making it apparently, oops.

It might not be too noticeable because that's a small tattoo and I made it before I started using mudbox. 

16 minutes ago, Clockwinding said:

No, i used a program to do it in batch. going through almost 300 tattoos manually, brrr... It was very badly optimized and also touched things i didn't want it to (i had to revert my textures folder soon after.... sigh.) so i deleted it. I'm still looking for a new and better way to compress in batch.

I say compress but like Osmosis above me said, i just cut the resolution in half.

Maybe there's a difference for mudbox between choosing to start with a 8k or 4k layer, and making your 8k then downsizing it?

I don't understand what you mean by making my own 8k then downsizing it.

3 hours ago, Clockwinding said:

I was just wondering if :

-making the tattoo from a 4k base

and

-making the tattoo from an 8k base then downsizing it to 4k

yields different results or not for you.

You saw the results if I made it from 4k base, no difference in file size but worse quality.

Downscaling to 4k results in this: ScreenShot190.png.f396045728f94bb21ebab4cb57de9d6f.pngScreenShot191.png.132ac646f1977d665a748cb3527502b5.png

Definitely a difference up close and personal.

I could make a 4k version though if I find a good program downscale all of em.

10 hours ago, Adeladen said:

You saw the results if I made it from 4k base, no difference in file size but worse quality.

Downscaling to 4k results in this:

Definitely a difference up close and personal.

I could make a 4k version though if I find a good program downscale all of em.

You can use CAO to do that.

image.png.20ce89c79ad629b3adaaf4358110aabf.png

1. Run the application and manually make a copy of the directory you want to downscale.
  2. Click open directory, and select the copy you just made.
  3. Click on the Texture tab.
  4. Select the "Resizing" checkbox.
  5. Select the "By fixed size" and enter the size you want all the output files to be.
  6. Select "Run".

For me to process the Tramp Stamps folder using CAO it took around 4.5min. Seems to use your GPU for the conversion though, so YMMV based on how powerfull your GPU is.

Went from this:

image.png.ae399ad3779822ff787c9c48727035c3.png

To this:

image.png.54950565960ee04777aace154d2fb71e.png

Though I was downscaling to 2k.

2 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

You can use CAO to do that.

image.png.20ce89c79ad629b3adaaf4358110aabf.png

1. Run the application and manually make a copy of the directory you want to downscale.
  2. Click open directory, and select the copy you just made.
  3. Click on the Texture tab.
  4. Select the "Resizing" checkbox.
  5. Select the "By fixed size" and enter the size you want all the output files to be.
  6. Select "Run".

For me to process the Tramp Stamps folder using CAO it took around 4.5min. Seems to use your GPU for the conversion though, so YMMV based on how powerfull your GPU is.

Went from this:

image.png.ae399ad3779822ff787c9c48727035c3.png

To this:

image.png.54950565960ee04777aace154d2fb71e.png

Though I was downscaling to 2k.

Huh, I tried this before but it didn't work, but now it does ?

Got the size from 8.4GB to 4.4

I'll upload this compressed version and link your comment if people want to compress the others too.

a very important issue with this mod. Slavetats have very limited slots and with too many tats applied very few slots are left for mods to use, at same time slots at hand, foot and face are always free. why not move some of them to its corresponding  category  and use some of those unused slots and free the busy ones?

9 minutes ago, Sucker343 said:

a very important issue with this mod. Slavetats have very limited slots and with too many tats applied very few slots are left for mods to use, at same time slots at hand, foot and face are always free. why not move some of them to its corresponding  category  and use some of those unused slots and free the busy ones?

It's possible to increase the total number of slots upwards of 200 (I don't know the exact limit) by editing nioverride.ini.  Slavetats itself will always be limited to a max of 12 per bodyslot, but other mods such as racemenu can have hundreds of slots made availible.

Alternatively, it's also possible to merge tattoos into complete sets.  Like one body tat that applies several tats all at once.  All you need to do is open the .dds files of your favorite body tats from the set, and merge them as layers.  Save with a new name (and generate mipmaps) then update the .json file to include the new tat.  Rutah art has a few "full body" tats that fill one slot, but cover the entire body.  The only catch is that you cannot combine tats from different sections.  No combining face tats with hand tats, no feet tats with body tats, etc.  But you can combine any body tats you want into a single tat as long as you don't let them overlap (or even if you do.  It'll just look ugly.)

4 minutes ago, Aki K said:

It's possible to increase the total number of slots upwards of 200 (I don't know the exact limit) by editing nioverride.ini.  Slavetats itself will always be limited to a max of 12 per bodyslot, but other mods such as racemenu can have hundreds of slots made availible.

mods use slavetats will use it and I do not know how to apply slavetats through racemenu(since they do not show up there for me) so 12 is the limiting factor for me. only way around is that I edit the tats and make json files. I will try doing that then.

6 minutes ago, Sucker343 said:

mods use slavetats will use it and I do not know how to apply slavetats through racemenu(since they do not show up there for me) so 12 is the limiting factor for me. only way around is that I edit the tats and make json files. I will try doing that then.

Just pick your favorites and merge them then.

I feel your pain with the slavetats limit.  I wish there was a way to expand it beyond 12, but I wouldn't know how.

1 hour ago, Sucker343 said:

Yeah as Aki said just merge them, it's not very difficult. I can write a step by step guide if you can't figure it out from Aki's comment alone.

On 2/13/2020 at 4:57 PM, mordecai71 said:

OK, here's a screenshot from Bodyslide.  I loaded your preset without making any changes.  My game isn't in working order right now, but from BS you can clearly see there's a difference.  I'm on Oldrim, weight is at 100 in BS.  Any help/insight you could give would be awesome.

Clipboard 1.jpg

Wait, did Adeladen share their preset shown in the mod pics? I couldn't find it at all. 

On 4/5/2020 at 3:41 AM, Sucker343 said:

On 4/5/2020 at 3:49 AM, Aki K said:

Just pick your favorites and merge them then.

I feel your pain with the slavetats limit.  I wish there was a way to expand it beyond 12, but I wouldn't know how.

An alternative to mergeing is to convert your slavetats packs to Racemenu overlays.

Just follow this guide (You only really need part 2).

As a proof of concept, if you already have TrampStampsLesbian pack installed you can install this mod with mo2 and it will make racemenu recognise the textures.

Spoiler

example.thumb.png.024c594a705d3d31eb76a0099cec3172.png

The source scripts are included, so you can add your own stuff to it and recompile if you want. Or just use it for reference if you want to make your own.

TrampStampsLesbian_RMO.7z

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, takethebustwiceaday said:

Is anyone else having a blue body issue? The weird thing is that some tats work fine but others produce this issue.

I'm using the compressed version, and also Slavetats 1.1.

image.png.222c1f8ce5795d6f5ceaf77a09709c68.png

Could be the fault of the compression I guess? Could you tell me what tats cause the issue?
If nothing else, I can test them as well to see if this is an issue just you are having or a problem caused by the compression.

12 hours ago, takethebustwiceaday said:

Is anyone else having a blue body issue? The weird thing is that some tats work fine but others produce this issue.

I'm using the compressed version, and also Slavetats 1.1.

image.png.222c1f8ce5795d6f5ceaf77a09709c68.png

That's a missing texture. Tell me what tattoo it is and I'll take a look at it.

10 hours ago, Adeladen said:

That's a missing texture. Tell me what tattoo it is and I'll take a look at it.

Everything in the upper back category, and then maybe like at least half the tattoos in everything else? It appears rather random. I'll try using the uncompressed ones.

On an unrelated note are there any good packs with lots of symbols like the symbols pack from the original mod? I'm more of a less is more kinda person ;)

EDIT: Using the uncompressed textures worked, no more issues now, thanks!

On 5/2/2020 at 8:24 AM, takethebustwiceaday said:

Everything in the upper back category, and then maybe like at least half the tattoos in everything else? It appears rather random. I'll try using the uncompressed ones.

On an unrelated note are there any good packs with lots of symbols like the symbols pack from the original mod? I'm more of a less is more kinda person ;)

EDIT: Using the uncompressed textures worked, no more issues now, thanks!

Wait a lot of the compressed pack doesn't work? Shit. I didn't know that. Can other people who have used it comment on this?

What kind of symbols?

8 hours ago, Adeladen said:

Wait a lot of the compressed pack doesn't work? Shit. I didn't know that. Can other people who have used it comment on this?

What kind of symbols?

Gimp yields an "Invalid compression"-error with a couple of the textures, and from what I can tell they seem to correlate with the tattoos that show missing textures. I'll put which ones in a spoiler below:

Spoiler

1A

2AA

2AP

4AA

4AP

AS

AS2

ASL

ASR

BITCHL

BITCHR

BM

BURY

CB

CD3

CD4

CDRL

CDRR

CLWC

COD

COD2

CS5

DRAIN

DTTM3

EMPTY3

FA3

FA4

FATA

FH2

FH3

FH4

FMT

FT

GMA

GMAL

GMAR

IC3

IHCL

IHCR

IMAY

IS

MFS

PCS

PMD

PMD3

SL

SLUTL

SLUTR

SPANKL

SPANKR

SR

TBL

TBR

TUB

TUL

TUR

WHOREL

WHORER

WRAPPED

Definitely seems quite random!

21 hours ago, GrimReaperCalls said:

Gimp yields an "Invalid compression"-error with a couple of the textures, and from what I can tell they seem to correlate with the tattoos that show missing textures. I'll put which ones in a spoiler below:

Hide contents

1A

2AA

2AP

4AA

4AP

AS

AS2

ASL

ASR

BITCHL

BITCHR

BM

BURY

CB

CD3

CD4

CDRL

CDRR

CLWC

COD

COD2

CS5

DRAIN

DTTM3

EMPTY3

FA3

FA4

FATA

FH2

FH3

FH4

FMT

FT

GMA

GMAL

GMAR

IC3

IHCL

IHCR

IMAY

IS

MFS

PCS

PMD

PMD3

SL

SLUTL

SLUTR

SPANKL

SPANKR

SR

TBL

TBR

TUB

TUL

TUR

WHOREL

WHORER

WRAPPED

Definitely seems quite random!

Damn I didn't know that, I thought other people had gotten cathedral assets optimizer to work just fine? I'll remove it from the page then.