I like the wings but I'm addicted to flying at this point. Real Flying works fine for me.

I have one game where the tails keep their color. I have an idea it might have to do with loading up Bird Races in the same game. They have a script to recolor the wings when you go through load doors--maybe that's making the difference.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I like the wings but I'm addicted to flying at this point. Real Flying works fine for me.

I have one game where the tails keep their color. I have an idea it might have to do with loading up Bird Races in the same game. They have a script to recolor the wings when you go through load doors--maybe that's making the difference.

Alright, I've no clue why Real Flying isn't working for me. *Shrug* and it's a pity because I like the feathery wings from bird races better too. But awe well. 

I've recently found Pretty Motion pose mod, and created a few more screenshots of my character made with your mod. Some are NSFW: 

https://justpaste.it/7tc6x

https://justpaste.it/356z9

9 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Sadly, that's a negative I think. I have Bird Races loaded as well and I have that issue.

Alright, so work continues on the NPC plugin overhaul I'm doing.

Changes so far:

-- Revamped NPC classes, stats and gear:

>> Halifa -> Mage

>> Moonbeam -> Heavy Armor Akimbo Swordswoman (+Hireling)

>> Shahira -> Light Armor Ranger/Archer

>> Thunder -> Heavy Armor Spellsword

>> Sunshine -> Heavy Armor 2H Warrior (Hireling)

>> Buck -> Light Armor Swordsman

-- Rebuilt the entire camp to make it more cozy and better suited for a long-term stay. This means all herd members have bedrolls, and they are all covered (by tents) and isolated from the cold dirty ground by pelt rugs. Also some random clutter around so it looks lived-in.

-- Moonbeam and Sunshine are hireable and have proper voiced responses for it.

>> Moonbeam had to get a Dark Elf voice because Bethesda didn't bother recording Hireling dialogue for any other female voice ?.

-- Halifa is now a merchant selling and buying the same kind of items as Khajiit caravans do, plus some bridles and horse-specific helmets.

-- Now only the Bleakwind Basin giants will be friendly with the herd (and the PC if choosing the Herd LAL start). Other giants will still be hostile as usual. Striking a deal with one or two giants is one thing, having them all be magically friendly doesn't make sense.

-- All the Herd NPCs now have proper relationships connecting them. I used family tags because herd, so if there's any mod that checks for family links between NPCs, they should be picked up properly.

-- The LAL quest journal entry will now show up as intended when choosing the start. The quest will auto-complete as soon as it's added and the PC spawns in the camp but at least it will allow you to read the journal entry for some lore/background.

And this is what the camp looks like now (more pics in the spoiler):

Camp2.jpg

Spoiler

HorseCamp01.jpg

HorseCamp02.jpg

HorseCamp03.jpg

HorseCamp04.jpg

HorseCamp05.jpg

HorseCamp06.jpg

(Horse milk not included (yet?))

So for some reason the NPC's won't work for me. For the females if I have the gold the hire dialogue disappears. If I don't it shows and they'll say I don't have enough. The males just don't have dialogue period besides the regular "hmm?" or equivalent. What could be the issue? This is on LE version. I also disabled the LAL add-on (as I don't use that) just in case that's relevant.

1 hour ago, cyth1 said:

So for some reason the NPC's won't work for me. For the females if I have the gold the hire dialogue disappears. If I don't it shows and they'll say I don't have enough. The males just don't have dialogue period besides the regular "hmm?" or equivalent. What could be the issue? This is on LE version. I also disabled the LAL add-on (as I don't use that) just in case that's relevant.

have you tried save, quit, then reload save?

2 hours ago, cyth1 said:

56 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

That's caused by the VoiceType they have assigned not having dialogue for actually being a hireling. AFAIK only FemaleDarkElf VoiceType works for female hirelings because Bethesda didn't bother recording the lines for any of the other female ones.

Blaze has that fixed in his plugin by changing Moonbeam to use that voicetype (which also belongs to Jenassa and makes her talk about how murder is an artform ?), but that's the cause of it. See also;

On 4/12/2020 at 8:47 PM, Blaze69 said:

>> Moonbeam had to get a Dark Elf voice because Bethesda didn't bother recording Hireling dialogue for any other female voice ?.

Every other female has to be set up as normal follower, unless you want everyone to have Dark Elf voices which would be a bit unsettling.

4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

Yeah. I've also tried disabling, re-enabling, resurrecting, disabling/enabling, and spawning new ones, wouldn't work. :C

3 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

That's caused by the VoiceType they have assigned not having dialogue for actually being a hireling. AFAIK only FemaleDarkElf VoiceType works for female hirelings because Bethesda didn't bother recording the lines for any of the other female ones.

Blaze has that fixed in his plugin by changing Moonbeam to use that voicetype (which also belongs to Jenassa and makes her talk about how murder is an artform ?), but that's the cause of it. See also;

Every other female has to be set up as normal follower, unless you want everyone to have Dark Elf voices which would be a bit unsettling.

I tried getting rid of the hireling stuff in CC by getting rid of any mention but I've never set up a follower before so I'll try again. Followed a guide on setting up followers so I'll try and go back through a hireling guide and do the opposite maybe?

21 minutes ago, cyth1 said:

I tried getting rid of the hireling stuff in CC by getting rid of any mention but I've never set up a follower before so I'll try again. Followed a guide on setting up followers so I'll try and go back through a hireling guide and do the opposite maybe?

Or you could just wait for me to finish up my edited version of the plugin and send it to Bad Dog so he can update the mod with it. Maybe also post it here in the meantime until he uploads the file to the main mod page. That's an option too.

8 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Could that be fixed with Fus Ro D'uh? Add a text line, and let FRD fill the silence? You wouldn't have voiced lines, obviously, but it would let you use any voice you want.

16 minutes ago, CanoLathra said:

Could that be fixed with Fus Ro D'uh? Add a text line, and let FRD fill the silence? You wouldn't have voiced lines, obviously, but it would let you use any voice you want.

Actually the new "hiring" dialogue I made is voice-independent, as I used one of the generic responses Beth recorded for pretty much all non-unique voices. I guess I could make another "you don't have enough money" one with more generic lines and use any follower-capable voice on Moonbeam. But I don't really want to add the other 4 as hirelings. They will become followers if you use the LAL start to be part of the herd or if you can increase their relationship rank somehow, but as far as I'm concerned only Sunshine and Moonbeam will be for hire.

I've downloaded both the Lykaios reborn mod and this mod, and yet I still have trouble with the HDT tail. The tail sticks straight out for the horse, but the HDT tails from all your other race mods work perfectly fine. I have both race compatibility and the XPMSE as well so I am not entirely sure why the horse tail is not cooperating. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

is it time to boot up audacity again? :confounded:

I used the pre-made generic lines so there shouldn't be any need for that. The "not enough money" line may be a bit weird, but I'll manage. Will probably use the "nah, I don't think so" one.

So unless you are feeling particularly enthusiastic about coming up with specific dialogue for that stitching vanilla lines together or otherwise want to add new flavor dialogue to the herd or something like that, it should be fine as-is.

On 2/8/2020 at 5:26 AM, Flawn said:

feels like the neck should be thicker

like to about here

Capture.PNG.4a5695db796433024779cafa5044cf10.PNG

On 2/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, Bad Dog said:

Bad Dog's Horse Race

View File

A horse race, with unique head, hands, and feet.  Requires RaceCompatibility and an extended skeleton such as XPMSE.

There's an SOS schlong as a separate download. That requires SOS.

SE VERSION HERE

• There are a bunch of unique customizations which have their own sliders. These are duplicated on the vanilla sliders so they can be accessed through the Creation Kit. So some vanilla sliders do what you'd expect, some do something horse-specific, and some do nothing at all.
  • Most of the tint sliders do something, not always what you expect. I don't know how to get RaceMenu to show tint sliders easily. The dirt slider has a few overall face patterns in addition to dirt.
  • Males have two head complexions, but if you choose the second it flips back to the first when you exit RaceMenu. Dunno what that's about.
  • There's a set of overlays by ASlySpyDuo--body, hands, feet, head--that give you zebra, giraffe, and appaloosa textures, also socks and white bellies. There's a known bug that if you have a head overlay (like the zebra) and get decapitated, you CTD. Don't get decaptated, it's bad.
  • Horses have bridles and helmets adapted by Blaze69. Regular helmets don't fit your horse head well. The NPC herd has a chest with a few items in it, or you can craft them. Usual perks required. If you have a vanilla helmet you can often re-forge it into a horse version.
  • CBBE textures are available in a separate download.
  • The SOS download gives you dick. 
    • For an ordinary unsheathed SOS schlong, activate BDHorseSOS and not the others. In this mode you'll get no extra script activity. "Horse" is a simple dick for the males, "Horse Pussy" is a pussy by RussianPrince for the females. "Horse Futa" puts a dick on the girls. Probability for this one is set to 0, so you have to choose it.
    • For sheathing horse schlongs, activate BDHorseHoodie and BadDogSchlongCore. "Horse Sheathing" is a sheath for the guys. Run BDHorseSOS too so the females get their bits.
    • These need a skeleton that supports them, e.g. UUNP, XPSME.
  • BDHorseNPC gives you NPCs. There's a small herd near the Bleakwind Basin giant camp. Horses can be found there or in Whiterun near the Gildergreen, or in the evening hanging out in the Bannered Mare or with the Companions. They've made friends with the giants so if you pick up a giant contract don't execute it when the horses are around or they'll get pissed with you. You can hire most of them, or use a follower mod to get them to follow you.
    • There's also an addon for Live Another Life which lets you start as a member of the herd. They'll be friendly, as will the giants. The stallions will come with you if you ask, the mares have to be hired. (Because Skyrim reasons I don't understand probably having to do with voice type.)

Upgrading from prior versions:

• The schlongs might cause trouble. Uninstalling them, cleaning the save, and installing 1.0 will probably fix it.

Future

• New mouth texture
  • Maybe some more face tints or patterns, like for paint horses. If I can't get the complexions to work I'll put them on the dirt slider.
  • Scars maybe? Do scars matter? They are a bit tedious but not really hard to do.

Credits

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/07/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    RaceCompatibility
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

so i am new to mods but i have everything it needs it says it is active but i cannot see any npcs or the race itself what is wrong?

1 hour ago, thatrandomgamer2341 said:

so i am new to mods but i have everything it needs it says it is active but i cannot see any npcs or the race itself what is wrong?

There's a ton of things that could be wrong but we have no way to know without more info. What mod manager are you using? How did you install the mod? Are you sure you have all the requirements? What's your load order? What do you mean by "can't see the race"?

Also any particular reason you quoted a random post and then the description for the mod?

8 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

There's a ton of things that could be wrong but we have no way to know without more info. What mod manager are you using? How did you install the mod? Are you sure you have all the requirements? What's your load order? What do you mean by "can't see the race"?

Also any particular reason you quoted a random post and then the description for the mod?

no i tried to add a comment but i guess i pressed the wrong thing 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't suppose anyone could offer some advice on how to create a custom NPC for this race? I've had no issues running the mod in game, apart from the tails losing color which has already been reported, but I'm having no luck whatsoever creating an npc in the kit.

I'm running the Creation Kit through mod organizer, loading up the main esp and all its masters, and creating an actor using the custom race. But every time I go in game and enter a cell with the new actor in it, the game crashes on the spot. The provided npcs work, but I tried duplicating one and it also caused a crash. I feel like my creation kit is missing a resource and breaking them somehow, but I don't know enough to understand what.

10 hours ago, Failboat404 said:

I feel like my creation kit is missing a resource and breaking them somehow, but I don't know enough to understand what.

The CK does not support using ESP files as masters for other plugins, because Beth gonna be Beth and add stupid restrictions like these (see: forcing tintmasks to be 256x256 instead of making it so it takes any size but rescales the final result to 256 afterwards instead). You need to temporarily turn the BDHorseRace plugin into an ESM, create your mod, and then restore it to an ESP.

The easiest way is to open the BDHorseRace.esp in xEdit and add the ESM flag. This will trick the CK (and the game) into believing the file is an ESM even though the file extension will still be ESP, so any new plugin created with the ESM-ified race plugin as a master should still work fine for everyone else.

Untitled.jpg

Do remember to undo this process and remove the flag once you are done working on the CK or else your main race plugin will remain tagged as an ESM and will be forced to load towards the top of the load other alongside the other ESMs.

Thank you for the explanation, I'll give that a try when I have some free time later.

Edit:

Everything worked great! I've got a new friend on my travels now. Rocking the black forest horse look to avoid grief with the tail. XD

Your help was invaluable, I was at wits end trying to figure it out on my own.

Been meaning to post this for a while, so here it is at last:

BD_Horse_NPC.1.1.0.0_Blaze_Custom.7z

I'll drop the changelog here again for the sake of convenience:

-- Revamped NPC classes, stats and gear:

>> Halifa -> Mage

>> Moonbeam -> Heavy Armor Akimbo Swordswoman (+Hireling)

>> Shahira -> Light Armor Ranger/Archer

>> Thunder -> Heavy Armor Spellsword

>> Sunshine -> Heavy Armor 2H Warrior (Hireling)

>> Buck -> Light Armor Swordsman

-- Rebuilt the entire camp to make it more cozy and better suited for a long-term stay. This means all herd members have bedrolls, and they are all covered (by tents) and isolated from the cold dirty ground by pelt rugs. Also some random clutter around so it looks lived-in.

-- Halifa is now a merchant selling and buying the same kind of items as Khajiit caravans do, plus some bridles and horse-specific helmets.

-- Now only the Bleakwind Basin giants will be friendly with the herd (and the PC if choosing the Herd LAL start). Other giants will still be hostile as usual. Striking a deal with one or two giants is one thing, having them all be magically friendly doesn't make sense.

-- All the Herd NPCs now have proper relationships connecting them. I used family tags because herd, so if there's any mod that checks for family links between NPCs, they should be picked up properly.

-- The LAL quest journal entry will now show up as intended when choosing the start. The quest will auto-complete as soon as it's added and the PC spawns in the camp but at least it will allow you to read the journal entry for some lore/background.

Images can be found on this post.