I'm guessing it's the HDT setup?

Blaze, don't hate me, but I might have to put the horse eyes back on the NPCs. I just can't love those human eyes. Otherwise it looks really good, though didn't you say you wanted to downgrade the goodies in the chest a bit? I got an ebony and dragonplate helmet right off the bat.

Might be a somewhat controversial request, though considering existing assets, and the fact that at least maybe it could function as would make sense, it might not be. Along with the fact that I somewhat doubt a high level of opposition to it. 

Anyway, what I'd suggest is filling in the two options that don't yet exist in the mod(unless I've missed it, which I don't think it's the case?) - allowing the cock/pussy/anus and pussy/anus addons to be used by males. Not sure if this could fit, or would require some edits to make it work with everything else, but...

I've also been considering some dialog or other bits for these characters. Making them at least not so shoved into the game world. Some possibles...

Spoiler

-Moonbeam: Playing off her use of the Dark Elf female voice(which I don't think is unfitting), she is quite a bit of traveler, a mercenary that has wandered Tamriel a lot. She might be with this group as a matter of convenience, as she could have had a bad experience that lost her a lot(possibly something in Hammerfell, a score on an old tomb that promised a lot of coin, but it wasn't her who made out like a bandit...), and while previously she felt better being alone when traveling, she now feels better about things going right, if accompanied by someone else. This could be a little in contrast with the herd idea, but it could be said that these horses might not be family in terms of blood, but by race and their connection through the group.

No other ideas right now, but I might consider something for the others.

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Blaze, don't hate me, but I might have to put the horse eyes back on the NPCs. I just can't love those human eyes.

?

But seriously though, your call. I'll keep my custom version with the human eyes because I like them better, so everybody's happy.

Otherwise it looks really good, though didn't you say you wanted to downgrade the goodies in the chest a bit? I got an ebony and dragonplate helmet right off the bat.

I think I may have forgotten to actually set up the level requirements in the loot lists for the helmets. My bad. ?

4 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Might be a somewhat controversial request, though considering existing assets, and the fact that at least maybe it could function as would make sense, it might not be. Along with the fact that I somewhat doubt a high level of opposition to it. 

Dude, this is LL. Stop saying that whenever you mention stuff like this. It's a non-issue and always would be, and if anyone thinks otherwise, they can just piss off.

Anyway, what I'd suggest is filling in the two options that don't yet exist in the mod(unless I've missed it, which I don't think it's the case?) - allowing the cock/pussy/anus and pussy/anus addons to be used by males. Not sure if this could fit, or would require some edits to make it work with everything else, but...

Probably would require some edits, and I don't know if the male skeleton includes the required bones so the bits may need to be "static" in that case, but otherwise I don't see why it couldn't be done if BD is up for it.

9 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm guessing it's the HDT setup?

I'm just using the standard HDT setup that comes with CBBE/HDT/COSIOHD.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Probably would require some edits, and I don't know if the male skeleton includes the required bones so the bits may need to be "static" in that case, but otherwise I don't see why it couldn't be done if BD is up for it.

Who made Clams of Skyrim? I really like the physics/collision that came with it, especially for COSIO. If either of you can get the mare genitals to work with CBBE/COSIO/UNP by default instead of using an SOS addon, that would make the quality of this mod skyrocket.

6 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

-Moonbeam: Playing off her use of the Dark Elf female voice(which I don't think is unfitting), she is quite a bit of traveler, a mercenary that has wandered Tamriel a lot. She might be with this group as a matter of convenience, as she could have had a bad experience that lost her a lot(possibly something in Hammerfell, a score on an old tomb that promised a lot of coin, but it wasn't her who made out like a bandit...), and while previously she felt better being alone when traveling, she now feels better about things going right, if accompanied by someone else. This could be a little in contrast with the herd idea, but it could be said that these horses might not be family in terms of blood, but by race and their connection through the group.

Could work, if someone wants to make a quest mod around her.

Wild stallions basically collect mares and keep them herded up. That may be mostly about nookie but it also gives mares and foals protection against predators. I don't think anyone has asked the mares how they feel about this. I can imagine that a strong-minded, independent mare might choose to keep her independence until that bad thing happened. This being LL, I suggest it involves being captured by a stallion whose ideas of nookie are non-consensual and violent. On escaping, she might well have decided joining a sane herd was her safest option, since her nemesis is still out there somewhere and might be looking for her. Which would give her a very conflicted attitude towards Thunder, since he's her both her protector and the embodiment of everything she's opposed all her life.

I got only so many cycles to deal with different options, but since I ship CBBE textures I suppose I ought to support Clams. No promises. 

On 2/11/2020 at 3:38 PM, Ryokentaru said:

So far, I really like this mod. Honestly it looks better than I thought it would. My only issue as of now is that the actor height seems off or something. When walking on flat terrain, the hooves clip almost completely into the ground, you can barely see the top of either one

Also, I know it's an alpha, things will change, maybe I should have waited, but I'm personally a fan of mottled horse dicks over a uniform color, so I edited the texture for that classic black with pink splotches look

Warning: Lots of gayness inside

Hide contents

1205660477_enb2020_02_1105_20_31_61.thumb.png.0c2ba264c75765a4b35b27cc0855dbe2.png

If anyone wants the same, just download and install.

Mottled Horsecock.rar 1.27 MB · 45 downloads

I'm curious, from what mod is that vest?

Nothing written for it yet, but I've been considering some ideas for expanding the race's background a bit. Not 100% sure if this lines up with the current story, but...

The race is of course from Hammerfell, and they have at least a few villages/cities within the province. One of them functions as a sort of "capital" for them, housing a small council that occasionally pays an amount of gold to the rulers of Hammerfell, and it correlates the laws of the Equine cities to fit both those of the Empire, and their home province. Generally, they are a fairly peaceful race, that trains it's warriors for purposes of defense, to protect their cities, and they don't really have outward intentions of conquest. Any dealings with Hammerfell or other provinces have been diplomatic, never pushed to violent conflict. In spite of this, there are groups within the race that would seek to make them more, legitimate in the eyes of Hammerfell, who takes their offering of gold without hesitation, but offers the Equine cities no protection, and perhaps have only recently allowed a representative within it's court.

The way Moonbeam ties into this is(a bit of reiteration here, but...), that she was part of a group, some redguards, some of other races, and two other equines that was going to be paid a hefty sum by a Equininan investor, who sought the treasure of an old ruin, belonging to their race. It held no traps, no undead, no dark rituals, just an old tomb with no real surprises. The treasure was real, and when staying back to look over a few rooms as the others went further, she finds a necklace, the pendant being something she had only heard of in passing, a bit of legend among her race, but something fallen out of favor long ago. She decides to keep it for herself, hiding it away in her bag, and she heads to the room the others went to. She is horrified when she enters - all but the two other equines she arrived with, were dead. 

Dervish - Trained from a young age, he soon counted among the best warriors of his race, but was displeased with how this race saw the strength of his body needing to be a tool of defense, never outward aggression. Until provoked himself, he was taught to never raise his fists or blade, and to carefully consider the situation, even if it was required. He trained not only among his own race, but with the Orcs of Orsinium, finding himself eventually coming into his own form of their blood rage, something seen as unique to him, but few who learned of it, lived to spread the tale. Five years ago, he fell into a rebellious group that wanted to further their race, to be both seen and heard by Hammerfell, and perhaps even the Empire. Hired by a wealthy investor to the cause, he finds himself annoyed that part of the take would go to members of other races. The treasures of his race, sold off to line the pockets of other, prospering nations. "WHY!?!?" In a fit of his blood lust, he killed them, supported by his mage companion. 

Aida - A prime example of a mage among her race, she gained the reputation as a dark sorceress, willing to delve into the secrets of magic in pursuit of power. In spite of this, she acts not as the isolated mage experimenting on magic, but traveling to expand her knowledge of the craft. Her use of necromancy doesn't exactly gain her good favor in places, but she rarely displays the talent unless needed. Asked by Dervish to assist him and some others in obtaining treasures of their race, she served to prove that the tomb held nothing of magic significance, no traps, no curses. She posited that their race at this point in time wasn't known for magic, and thus even if this tomb was of rulers, they employed nothing in the way of defenses for their resting place, and thus, they were able to plunder it with impunity. Once in the main treasure room, she witnessed Dervish become finally incensed, the realization hitting him that the items in the tomb being plundered by the hands of other races, would enrich the wealth of their homes, not his. She somewhat disagreed with him, thinking that the gold would just line their pockets for a while, until they spent it on wine and good company. But he would not hear it, and promised her much more coin if she continued giving her assistance. Reluctantly agreeing, she could not help but be horrified upon seeing him put his sword through the back of the nearest redguard, and turning on the rest, she used her magic to paralyze them, to make them drop their weapons, only to be cut down moments later. When the carnage settled, she saw Dervish breathing heavy, blood dripping from his sword, and he started laughing, while her mind was a mix of emotions. She looked up as Moonbeam entered, and noticed his laughter change to one that she had heard from men before. She watched as Moonbeam was pinned to the ground, and when she tried to stop what he was doing, the magic failed her, and her pathetic attempt at physically separating the two lead to her being thrown against the nearby wall, hearing faintly the crack of bone - one of her arms had broken. 

"I'm not going to be touching you, you disgusting freak. Grab your take and go, while I finish up here."

~

In terms of a possible quest, I'm thinking it would depending on the player hearing a bit of this story from Moonbeam(with some details kept a bit vague, but not entirely obfuscated), and after visiting one of the hold Capitals, the player will receive a note about two days later from Aida, who is staying somewhere near Markarth(possibly a small Dwemer ruin somewhere close to the cities' entrance,), and wishes to speak with Moonbeam, and you. She would enlist you to find Dervish, who has been looking for Moonbeam for the last year, and wants something she has. Aida would tell you that he has set himself up in a Dwemer ruin on the border to Hammerfell, and plans to eventually gain enough support to find her, and she wishes that you go after him.  After a decently sized Dwemer ruin(the enemies possibly being a few automatons, and equine mercenaries as you get closer to Dervish), your confrontation with him would allow the player a few options.

-You could simply make it a large fight, it going in two stages - dealing with all of his remaining mercenaries first, and then Dervish himself if you survive that. 

-You could simply give him what he wants - Moonbeam and the necklace she has. This has a similar gold reward, and you may be offered to join in the party that comes next.

-Allow him to take this necklace, and receive a large amount of gold for it. Certain skills levels or perks might allow you to convince him to let Moonbeam go with you, and he would not pursue her again. 

-You can decide to leave, and additionally leave Moonbeam to her fate with Dervish. When you leave the ruin, the door will become inaccessible.

Well, for right now, that all I've got.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, Elrato said:

The textures for the shields of the Solitude guards and the store signs in the picture from Elrato quoted.

"Warning lots of Gayness inside"

Sorry if I am making this more difficult than it should be.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:42 AM, Elrato said:

It's called Sebastian Castellanos Outfit by full_inu The download is here if you want it.

6 hours ago, Stevio004 said:

The textures for the shields of the Solitude guards and the store signs in the picture from Elrato quoted.

"Warning lots of Gayness inside"

Sorry if I am making this more difficult than it should be.

Are you asking what mod those textures are from? If so, nothing really, it's just a texture replacement pack I put together for myself. I never released it as a mod for reasons I've already gone into upthread (short version is I didn't ask the artists of the original artworks if they would be okay with me re-purposing their art for a Skyrim mod that would be publicly distributed) but it's pretty easy to make your own if you're somewhat familiar with GIMP or Photoshop.

So i have a quick question about character creation using ck, im trying to make some npcs but im having an issue ive noticed with some other custom races in that things like eyeliner, nose color, warpaints, etc show up bugged being just a flat color over single spot on the neck for the horse race. Is there any way to fix this issue or should i do the face stuff in game then export?

rfawfg21f1.PNG

36 minutes ago, RaverLord Nito said:

Is there any way to fix this issue

The CK doesn't support tintmask textures in any size that isn't 256x256, which obviously looks extremely low-res and pixelated when used on the player on runtime ingame. Since you can't have separate player/NPC tints, Bad Dog packed 2k tints by default but also included 256 sized ones so you can swap them in whenever you want to export FaceGen for NPCs.

If you go to "textures\actors\character\BDHorseTextures\tints", you'll see two subfolders, "size256" and "size2048". Overwrite the default tints (in the main "tints" folder) with the 256 ones, export FaceGen in the CK, and then restore the 2048 files so the player tints work as intended again.

11 minutes ago, RaverLord Nito said:

Still havin that white tail issue, not sure how to fix it for my npcs tho.

The hair shader is what makes the tail pick up on the hair tint as well (and not be white), but the game was never meant to have anything that used the hair shader but was not actual hair (i.e. a head part) so there's no code to keep the tail's color persistent, and it resets to white (no tint) from time to time.

There's a mod that is meant to keep hair color applied on wigs that has the fortunate side effect of also working for horse tails, but it's player-only. There's no easy and/or not-script-intensive way to do it for NPCs, though.

I have a suggestion for a fun feature for this race, if no one minds.

What if, when the character is completely naked (except for saddle + bridle maybe), the Sprint speed is increased even more, and armor points go up while attack goes down..

Sort of an adrenaline fueled running mode, to better resemble a prey animal. Naked, wild, free, etc.

Personally I play my horse girl like a skittish delivery girl, she's huge and afraid of everything, so she runs fast.

7 hours ago, nebellious said:

skittish delivery girl

That reminds me, I still have to look into the mod that gives the vanilla Courier a home and replaces him (and his voice, etc.) with a female NPC. That suggestion of turning him into a horse girl wby combining those mods with this one that came up a while ago was neat, but I never actually looked into it nor I have a fitting chqracter preset for her or whatever.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

That reminds me, I still have to look into the mod that gives the vanilla Courier a home and replaces him (and his voice, etc.) with a female NPC. That suggestion of turning him into a horse girl wby combining those mods with this one that came up a while ago was neat, but I never actually looked into it nor I have a fitting chqracter preset for her or whatever.

Oh, I totally forgot, that was me also lol.

Something about a horse girl who makes deliveries apparently stuck around in my brain enough that I just did it myself for my character.

If anyone is interested in playing in a similar way, I'm using the mod "Missives", in SE. It has a lot of timed delivery quests available, perfect for being Skyrim's Personal Pony Express.

1 hour ago, nebellious said:

Oh, I totally forgot, that was me also lol.

Something about a horse girl who makes deliveries apparently stuck around in my brain enough that I just did it myself for my character.

I sense a fetish taking shape here. :classic_rolleyes:

But seriously though, it does sound fitting and would also be a neat way to add more horses to the game in a meaningful way. The herd is all fine and dandy but you won't really interact with them unless you bump into them while in Whiterun or explicitly travel to the camp; on the other hand, the Courier you will interact with several times throughout the game (and some mods too) so that's better.

Now I'll just have to bring myself to installing the required mods and seeing if I can make a horse version indeed. I still would need a character preset for her if it works out, though. Suggestions or even just already-made RaceMenu .jsons are welcome, lol.