New Site Layout

I thought the patches might affect the LL servers, making them sluuggish

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">(function(){var e=encodeURIComponent,f=window,h=document,m="width",n="documentElement",p="height",q="length",r="prototype",s="body",t="&",u="&ci=",w="&n=",x="&rd=",y=",",z="?",A="Content-Type",B="Microsoft.XMLHTTP",C="Msxml2.XMLHTTP",D="POST",E="application/x-www-form-urlencoded",F="img",G="input",H="load",I="oh=",J="on",K="pagespeed_url_hash",L="url=",M=function(a,c,d){if(a.addEventListener)a.addEventListener(c,d,!1);else if(a.attachEvent)a.attachEvent(J+c,d);else{var b=a[J+c];a[J+c]=function(){d.call(this);b&&b.call(this)}}};f.pagespeed=f.pagespeed||{};var N=f.pagespeed,O=function(a,c,d,b,g){this.d=a;this.f=c;this.g=d;this.a=g;this.c={height:f.innerHeight||h[n].clientHeight||h.clientHeight,width:f.innerWidth||h[n].clientWidth||h.clientWidth};this.e=b;this.b={}};O[r].j=function(a){a=a.getBoundingClientRect();return{top:a.top+(void 0!==f.pageYOffset?f.pageYOffset:(h[n]||h.parentNode||h).scrollTop),left:a.left+(void 0!==f.pageXOffset?f.pageXOffset:(h[n]||h.parentNode||h).scrollLeft)}};O[r].i=function(a){if(0>=a.offsetWidth&&0>=a.offsetHeight)return!1;a=this.j(a);var c=a.top.toString()+y+a.left.toString();if(this.b.hasOwnProperty©)return!1;this.b[c]=!0;return a.top<=this.c[p]&&a.left<=this.c[m]};O[r].l=function(){for(var a=[F,G],c=[],d={},b=0;b{d=y+e(c);if(131072=a[q]+d[q]&&(a+=d),b=!0);N.criticalImagesBeaconData=a;if( B){var c=this.d,b=this.f,l;if(f.XMLHttpRequest)l=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(f.ActiveXObject)try{l=new ActiveXObject©}catch(P){try{l=new ActiveXObject( B)}catch(Q){}}l&&(l.open(D,c+(-1==c.indexOf(z)?z:t)+L+e( B)),l.setRequestHeader(A,E),l.send(a))}};O[r].h=function(){for(var a={},c=h.getElementsByTagName(F),d=0;d=a[b.src].n&&b[p]>=a[b.src].m)a[g]={renderedWidth:b[m],renderedHeight:b[p],originalWidth:b.naturalWidth,originalHeight:b.naturalHeight}}return a};N.k=function(a,c,d,b,g){var k=new O(a,c,d,b,g);M(f,H,function(){f.setTimeout(function(){k.l()},0)})};N.criticalImagesBeaconInit=N.k;})();pagespeed.criticalImagesBeaconInit('/ngx_pagespeed_beacon','http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=13675&p=752186&md5check=2317b2cf3234594b51d08d9e2fe465b0&isRte=1,5t5xWUx76z,false,5AY9m7sVgQs');</script>[q];++d){var>[q]+d[q])break;a+=d}b=!0}this.e&&(d=x+e(json.stringify(this.h())),131072>[q];++b)for(var>

[q];++d){var>[q]+d[q])break;a+=d}b=!0}this.e&&(d=x+e(json.stringify(this.h())),131072>[q];++b)for(var>

(when i press the "quote" button)

Beside this bug, the Heartblead bug isn't relative to the current state of the forum. It may be an overcharge of the server due to the end of XP support and exploitation of non corrected bugs of this very old OS. Zombies PCs ...

And, Apache/IIS seems to have a problem with it's "proxy" function too.

OK, a little explanation of the mess on the above post.

This mess was caused by hitting the "quote" button. Maybe it's caused by my crappy surfing machine, but earlier, i didn't have this problem. Only today. To bypass this annoyance, hit the "multiquote" button and directly after the "reply with more options". No bug (at least for me).

Ashal, have you updated the forum engine this evening ?

Huh, the page update seems to have been fixed somewhat after the post I did. However, the get first unread post seems to be stuck as is if I don't straight off call up the last post to let LL's server hard reset the entire thread marker. Guess I'll just have to call up every "last post" and reset all the threads that got stuck and see where that's going to get me.

Edit: Yup, the above actions fixed it (for now I think). I would guess that the transition to the new patch or what you call it needs some sort of a hard reset through certain use.

Even with all the option off, it seem the database of this site is struggling majorly ?? It takes forever to load just 1 page. maybe the ISP has done something ??

Browsers can have some impact too. When I use IE, I cannot even look at LL without falling asleep from the long wait. ISP can also be the problem. I'm using Mozilla Firefox cause it's the most stable and fastest browser that doesn't hang up (okay, those Chinese websites are another matter altogether) when browsing the web for me.

Yeah, miss, "like" button because some people had very good ideas and comments. Also, I too have numerous 502 errors. But I know that admins will fix it promptly just as they fixed "download" button recently.

I am having the same problems (slow loading, 502 errors). I assume the missing Like feature is related, though some posters seem to think it a deliberate removal. I like the Like feature, since it gives us (and more importantly, modders) feedback on promising ideas for mods.

Totally weird... The "My Content" page doesn't update with each refresh and then when I choose to go to the first unread post, I always end up with the first post of the entire thread. Anybody experiencing this?

I had this problem since last year, and I always thought that it was related to forum updates resetting my personal markers. It happened an awful lot lately, and makes browsing threads really difficult :(

But well, it seems that LL is becoming more and more popular...

Yeah, miss, "like" button because some people had very good ideas and comments. Also, I too have numerous 502 errors. But I know that admins will fix it promptly just as they fixed "download" button recently.

I am having the same problems (slow loading, 502 errors). I assume the missing Like feature is related, though some posters seem to think it a deliberate removal. I like the Like feature, since it gives us (and more importantly, modders) feedback on promising ideas for mods.

Considering the like function slowly turned LL into a like-counter-craving community similar to facebook, it's a good thing it's gone. And i hope it'll stay gone. The best example for this would be the "show your skyrim counterpart" thread where people began to post their images like mad just to increase their like count.

And as a matter of fact, clicking on a like button has nothing to do with feedback. Real feedback consists of words not of likes.

Considering the like function slowly turned LL into a like-counter-craving community similar to facebook, it's a good thing it's gone. And i hope it'll stay gone. The best example for this would be the "show your skyrim counterpart" thread where people began to post their images like mad just to increase their like count.

And as a matter of fact, clicking on a like button has nothing to do with feedback. Real feedback consists of words not of likes.

I hope you see the slight irony here ;)

I liked your words/thought. But because I didn't feel like it warrants an explanation or any further explanation via dialogue I simply clicked the 'like' button to say 'I agree'

Honestly I like the subtlety of the like system in these cases and it does it's purpose very well.

And as for your concern about likes, I say let those people like each other as much as they want (maybe give 'em a love button while their at it)

Likes mean nothing in reality, but we all attach an individual meaning to it. For me, it's a 'silent' approval type thing and a show of 'support'.

Your right about feedback, getting liked on a post doesn't mean anything other than it's a popular idea or something people agree with, and that's not much in the way of feedback for most modders.

But at the end of the day, if the like system must be abolished for site speed, then I say do away with it. But if it doesn't absolutely have to be removed then keep it.

A Like system is much better than a hundred people cluttering a thread by posting a variation of "I like that", though the conversation is moot since the Like system is still present.

Yeah and i hope it'll get nuked as well.

Also, the like system apparently slowed the site down and you're talking about cluttering feedback. Come again?

What's up with the security certificate warning I got when logging in? It has never done that before.

I don't get that warning. The last time I have such a crazy warning, it's because the clock of the system went off the certificate's date by a long shot after a reformat. Try to check that first.

A Like system is much better than a hundred people cluttering a thread by posting a variation of "I like that", though the conversation is moot since the Like system is still present.

Also, the like system apparently slowed the site down and you're talking about cluttering feedback. Come again?

Everything slows the site down.

Speaking as someone who's posted quite a lot in the counterpart thread recently, I do actually completely get what you're saying here. I don't doubt there are some who do post in it (and elsewhere) just to increase their like count - and I won't deny that it put a smile on my face to see a few likes for one of my posts - but what puts a smile on my face is putting a smile on other people's faces. I couldn't tell you how many likes I had before the feature went offline, because I honestly didn't look, or care. I just post shots of my character because people seem to enjoy them and the silly stories I make about her, and I'll continue to do that whether there are likes or not - unless everyone starts posting at me to stop with my stupid character already! :lol: As someone with very limited modding skills, it's one of my ways of contributing a little something.

If the like system was a significant cause of site slowdown, then that's one thing, and it should perhaps have stayed gone if so, but I don't see the harm of it otherwise. Whatever floats people's boats, I guess.

Anyway, last night and this morning the site seems really fast and smooth again.

:)