New Site Layout

You may have noticed things look a tad different now...

We've moved to a completely new forum software which should give us better performance and allow us to expand better.

There are 2 big new features in addition to the upgrade.

Blogs, which users can set up and maintain as they wish.

Downloads, which is a beta of sorts for now, I encourage anybody whose uploaded a mod to upload their mod to the download system and try it out. Once you've done so you'll likely notice you have 2 threads, 1 from the download system and 1 from your original topic, just let me know and I'll merge them for you.

Another thing to note, the screenshot in the header, I hate it. It was the best I could come up with on a short notice however, if anybody is willing to give it a try, I'd much appreciate a better one. The dimensions should be 1600x125.

Good job!

Two questions: 

I trtied the new upload section;

• How can I change the pic that is featured for my download? I uploaded a bunch of SS and want to choose another one as the main one.
  • Size limit, can we change that somehow?

Cheers!

As for the header, what are you looking for?

You may have noticed things look a tad different now...

We've moved to a completely new forum software which should give us better performance and allow us to expand better.

Hope it's just initial teething problems, but at the moment I'm finding it agonizingly slow. Perhaps five times slower than the old software, practically unusable.

How can I change the pic that is featured for my download? I uploaded a bunch of SS and want to choose another one as the main one.

On the edit page, click the screenshot you want to use and it'll get a green checkmark indicating it as "Main Screenshot"

Size limit, can we change that somehow?

Size limit of what?

As for the header, what are you looking for?

Something at least semi dark so it doesn't overpower the inactive nav buttons, and I'd prefer something skyrim based.

Is there a size limit to files being uploaded to the Download section?

25 MB for the moment.

Hope it's just initial teething problems, but at the moment I'm finding it agonizingly slow. Perhaps five times slower than the old software, practically unusable.

Everything is practically instant for me at the moment.

It took over a minute from pressing post for anything to happen. Then there must have been some kind of issue as my post only showed when I quit the thread and went back in.

This is torture so far. Going to put my work hat on and try to run Firebug over it. If you are getting instant response and I'm getting almost as bad as Beth's Officials, somethings weird.

If you have JavaScript enabled the quote function is a bit wonky; if you remove the first letter of a quote it's not registered as a quote anymore.

However there's a workaround: You can select all the lines you want to delete and then replace it with a single character; select the first character of the line you want to quote, too, in that way you don't have any characters left you don't want.

edit:

Had the same problem as Symon; nothing happened after I hit "Post" but when I reloaded the thread again I saw my two posts.

if you have JavaScript enabled the quote function is a bit wonky; if you remove the first letter of a quote it's not registered as a quote anymore.

However there's a workaround: You can select all the lines you want to delete and then replace it with a single character; select the first character of the line you want to quote, too, in that way you don't have any characters left you don't want.

edit:

Had the same problem as Symon; nothing happened after I hit "Post" but when I reloaded the thread again I saw my two posts.

Just use the text editor instead of the WYSIWYG editor if you need to make such fine adjustments to somebodies quote, the top left button toggles between the two.

And if your using the quick reply box instead of the full editor, it appends a fake version of your post to the bottom of the thread through javascript, my guess would be thats failing for some reason so the quick reply box doesn't clear.

OK,

Main issues I can see:

gravatar.com - very bad response times. Can take 30 seconds to come back with '302 found' Major source of lag.

i2.wp.com - very bad response times.

tinypic.com - as I type this, there is STILL not response to "http://i50.tinypic.com/2po4bp0.jpg". Been 5 minutes now.

Lovers lab itself is taking up to 10 seconds to process a request (in a batch of concurrent requests). Over 1.5 minutes to get this page to the point I could start typing this reply.

Something is up. Try to do a more thorough analysis when I have time.

Edit: removes double post - says a lot.

Edit2: Note the SIX MINUTE time lag from me posting this to correcting the double post. I knew it was likely I'd done one and tried to correct it 'immediately'. Go figure!

Edited by Symon

I've disabled gravatar, which should get rid of the i2.wp.com domain as well. Nothing I can do about tinypic though, as that's something somebody posted in the thread.

I would suspect your DNS is being shitty though, there's no reason you should be having slow response times from any of those domains. 2 of them are Wordpress owned and the other a major imaging site.

Just use the text editor instead of the WYSIWYG editor if you need to make such fine adjustments to somebodies quote, the top left button toggles between the two.

Perfect. In my next post I wanted to ask if there's a way to fall back to a plain editor because I've noticed that it's not possible to change the name of a link in the full editor. Sadly the plain editor has all the quick commands like Font, italic etc. disabled...

edit:

And if your using the quick reply box instead of the full editor, it appends a fake version of your post to the bottom of the thread through javascript, my guess would be thats failing for some reason so the quick reply box doesn't clear.

That appears to be the reason.

Right, javascript and other site components are part of the problem. There's a lot of it, and every time you do ANYTHING, all the relevant javascript and images are requested - again!!

Even though it is now cached by my browser, there is obviously a 'do not cache' header coming back from LoversLab.

Firefox obeys, request the javascript and images again and eventually gets a 304 not modified (surprise)! I refreshed this page and got back over 80 304's.

As there is lots of javascript and site components, this takes quite a while, as well as burdening the site with pointless GETS.r

This is getting too much like work! (grin).

Cache control headers are very varied. Either way, with the new site my browser is making many pointless requests for objects it requested mere minutes ago that cannot possibly have changed, and it didn't before and doesn't normally.

Ok SS got it.
Banner, ok I was thinking more of a collection of different chars from differents games/mods but if you want Skyrim then I'll wait till I can help or someone else does it. How hard is it to have several so it can change randomly as we reload?

Limit of Upload files, as you said for the moment I'll post more stuff whenever we reach something more confortable as I got biiiiiig files.

Thanks!

On the edit page, click the screenshot you want to use and it'll get a green checkmark indicating it as "Main Screenshot"Size limit of what?Something at least semi dark so it doesn't overpower the inactive nav buttons, and I'd prefer something skyrim based.

25 MB for the moment.