Thoughts on new Loverslab layout

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

Damn now this is a website, it's way better then vgunetwork way organized , it's less messy then the old one why don't you guys did this on first place , i  love blogging now everytime a word came around on the office i finally can spread out the word easily without making a thread, because my thread is so huge it don't felt like reading a thread, anyway i got idea for profile section can you guys like make a front page so everytime posted a new blog people can see it , whats next or announce their work without going through forums it would be great idea.

i hope ashal kept this look because this is how this website should look like in first place :), oh yeah i still dont get about blog though there is no " Create a New Article " button...

You know with every change there need to be people who complain. And luckily here I am ;) I do like the new look / board software (also IPB is like releasing a security emergency patch every week) but:

Why is the PM Inbox now halved to 50? As I (unsuccessfully ;) ) noted earlier already 100 was not enough, but 50 is even worse. I mean if loverslab wants to be a place for modders and users develop stuff then it needs to offer some means of collaboration and communication

The other thing bothering me: As a modder I am kinda a feedback whore, after all that is the main reward for publishing a mod here. Now for the second time all the thanks votes are gone poof. Well it would have been nice to take them over, but the real problem is that there isn't a replacement yet. The "like" system won't do imho. This might seem like a minor issue for users but I do think for many modders this is fairly important. There is a reason why Skyrim Nexus puts those "Endorsements" (and much more usage states) so prominently on the mods page. It just makes modders happy to see that their mod is used and liked.

Again, the new software is here for just a few hours and maybe you intended to work on those things anyway, but better to grumble earlier than later ;)

You know with every change there need to be people who complain. And luckily here I am ;) I do like the new look / board software (also IPB is like releasing a security emergency patch every week) but:

Why is the PM Inbox now halved to 50? As I (unsuccessfully ;) ) noted earlier already 100 was not enough, but 50 is even worse. I mean if loverslab wants to be a place for modders and users develop stuff then it needs to offer some means of collaboration and communication

The other thing bothering me: As a modder I am kinda a feedback whore, after all that is the main reward for publishing a mod here. Now for the second time all the thanks votes are gone poof. Well it would have been nice to take them over, but the real problem is that there isn't a replacement yet. The "like" system won't do imho. This might seem like a minor issue for users but I do think for many modders this is fairly important. There is a reason why Skyrim Nexus puts those "Endorsements" (and much more usage states) so prominently on the mods page. It just makes modders happy to see that their mod is used and liked.

Again, the new software is here for just a few hours and maybe you intended to work on those things anyway, but better to grumble earlier than later ;)

The like system is literally identical to the thank system, only it's not restricted to just the first post. Sadly there is nothing I can do about importing the old thank system, it's different forum software entirely.

I'll triple the default limit for members to 150 private messages.

The like system is literally identical to the thank system, only it's not restricted to just the first post. Sadly there is nothing I can do about importing the old thank system, it's different forum software entirely.

I have to admit I am not to familiar with it but I cannot see who or how many users actally liked a post (?). I have liked some posts to try it, but I cannot find any indicator anywhere that would reflect my like (maybe it needs some settings changed to make it visible?)

I'll triple the default limit for members to 150 private messages.

Fantastic :)

I'm a tad surprised that their aren't more people whining and bitching about the new layout. Granted this is probably one of the better layout changes I've seen so far; It feels a fair bit less rough then before and a tad more... colourful? bright (On Carbonblue)? Generic Mainstream?

I dunno, something feels odd, but that might be its new and I need to get use to it. Although their is one thing that does bug me and that is new posts in a thread. At a glance its just the bulb on the right hand side of a thread, if its new/unread its white, if its old/read its dark. It's a lot more subtle and that might not necessarily be a good thing.

I have to admit I am not to familiar with it but I cannot see who or how many users actally liked a post (?). I have liked some posts to try it, but I cannot find any indicator anywhere that would reflect my like (maybe it needs some settings changed to make it visible?)

Fantastic :)

You can see whose liked a post below it. You should see my name below your last post here saying I liked it.

That's a different custom system, not the one I have setup.

You should see it bottom right like in this picture.

I see. Looks like you can only see it on your own posts. I think it would be nice if its set to be visible for everyone. Might help users to judge wether a mod is worth trying and lets modders show off ;)

Guest Lady Luck

the blog though was brilliant idea, there's few glitches on it lol , like the some of the sub options is a bit messy maybe ashal  can tweak the layout on the blog perhaps make a small banner  untop of the blog that would be awosome :).

Guest Lady Luck

i agree with you there pyscho the old LL we know  , i had  to be honest with you guys it's really messy but the new layout it's epic win , it's more dnyamic in most sites i been with, now i can announce anything on my blog if i plan a mod etc i just love writing >.>...

Like the new layout, but there's a bit of a problem I think maybe involving the 'spoilers' which now show up as little boxes in posts that say 'show' on them.  Well I don't know if its just me or if others are having the problem also, but when I click on it nothing happens.  Am I just missing something when it comes to those?  Or are they just kinda buggin' right now?

Like the new layout, but there's a bit of a problem I think maybe involving the 'spoilers' which now show up as little boxes in posts that say 'show' on them.  Well I don't know if its just me or if others are having the problem also, but when I click on it nothing happens.  Am I just missing something when it comes to those?  Or are they just kinda buggin' right now?

Do you have javascript disabled?

Spoiler text here

The new site is more visually pleasing than the old one. I'm also glad that the general layout hasn't changed much. I also like how you can see both the avatar and the username of a member on forum pages, it adds more color and life. And I like how you can see recent topics and latest files on the main page.

I guess the two other main additions would be the "downloads" tab and "blogs" tab that are added to the main forum page. When it comes to the downloads tab, I can say that it is a good idea albeit a bit unnecessary. It still looks good and it may have uses that I have yet to realize. And for the blog tab, while I probably won't be using it (as in make my own blog posts), I'll probably read some of them made by other users. It might help keep me up to date on what's going on (since I always seem to be offline or unaware when something big or controversial happens here >.<) 

In conclusion, I can safely say that this is a very positive update to loverslab. It adds new things while improving the old formula, not scraping it for a completely different look and feel as is the case with some other internet forums out there (I'm talking to YOU, bungie.net). So all in all, Ashal (and anybody else who might have worked on this), thanks for your hard work and dedication to this amazing site!  :)

I also see that we got a new smiley face, however I won't use it here since it doesn't represent my feelings on the site (hint, I'm talking about the new evil one!)

I like the new layout. Seems to have reset my recently viewed posts, but that'll fix itself eventually.(That is, it shows all threads that I haven't checked since the update as unread.)

Yea, just pop into each forum section\subsection and hit the mark forum as read button and then you will start from a clean slate of all new items from that point on as new.

Archived