Wartimes - a daughter's tale (Alternate start scenario) SE

4 hours ago, aslab said:

Truly confused I don’t see any amputator file in the mod file tree.

On a separate note I can start the mod and get choices to respond to the NPC. Yet I don’t see what the NPC’s are saying. This problem is happening in some other mods also (RDO Relationship Dialogue Overhaul). Is this a glitch on my end or am I missing a mod that expands the dialogue?

You need Amputator Framework to use this mod, it's listed and linked to as a dependency.

I get it, the file in amputator mod is labeled backwards, source/scrips instead of the proper order scrips/source, thanks.

Would anybody have a guess to why the NPCs responses are not playing. I’m only seeing the options the PC gets to reply, so it’s a half conversation.

17 hours ago, aslab said:

Truly confused I don’t see any amputator file in the mod file tree.

On a separate note I can start the mod and get choices to respond to the NPC. Yet I don’t see what the NPC’s are saying. This problem is happening in some other mods also (RDO Relationship Dialogue Overhaul). Is this a glitch on my end or am I missing a mod that expands the dialogue?

You need Amputator Framework. Dialogue refers to it or dialogue doesn't show. It also doesn't show if the Amputator scripts folder isn't organized properly.

Anyone figure out what the issue with the missing sex equipment is? I fixed the Amputee framework path, but when I get to the basement seen, the dialogue says he gropes me then he vanishes? does it require devious device framework or am I missing something?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Came across two issues.

- When taken to the basement and enslaved. The room is empty and Father is not there, but upstairs.

- After enslavement randomly Mother or Father will leave the house and I think despawn?

Question, father dialogue says visitors are coming that night. Is that just dialogue or do events like that actually happen?

6 hours ago, SimpleLife said:

Came across two issues.

- When taken to the basement and enslaved. The room is empty and Father is not there, but upstairs.

- After enslavement randomly Mother or Father will leave the house and I think despawn?

Question, father dialogue says visitors are coming that night. Is that just dialogue or do events like that actually happen?

Yes after that nothing happens. When I sleep and wake up it says cage alias failed to update on the upper left corner. Couldnt figure out how to fix this.

Another issue I found.  This mods breaks dialogues with Belethor, the innkeeper in Whiterun, and the alchemist, even if you do not use its start.  New characters with this mod active could not rent a room or buy items from the majority of the npcs in Whiterun.

The innkeeper will not have the dialogue option to rent a room

Belethor will not have the dialogue option to buy items

The alchemist will not have the dialogue option to buy items

Removing the mod did not fix my my in-progress game.  I had to uninstall this mod and start a new game for them to work again.

• 3 weeks later...

This mod also seems yo cause some script issues, like when I enter whiterun for the first time, Adrianna the blacksmith and the battleborn guy are just standing there staring at eachother instead of him asking her to make swords. or the armed family fighting about the family sword same issue they just stand in place without starting any dialogue.

On 5/31/2020 at 10:29 PM, Eeveemk said:

This mod also seems yo cause some script issues, like when I enter whiterun for the first time, Adrianna the blacksmith and the battleborn guy are just standing there staring at eachother instead of him asking her to make swords. or the armed family fighting about the family sword same issue they just stand in place without starting any dialogue.

This is known from the LE version. This is the solution from one of the users:

"I try starting a new game without Wartimes active, set up my current active mods, and created a save game in the Alternate Start prison right before I'm ready to select an alternate start  option (save 1) .

I selected the Companion Guild alternate start option, and went to Idolaf & Adrienne. They were properly having their conversation.

I saved my game at that time(save 2), closed Skyrim and enabled the Wartimes mod.  Started Skyrim back up and loaded Save 1.

I now selected the Wartimes Alternate Start from the statue, walked through the quest until I need to go see Belethor the first time. Went to Whiterun, Idolaf & Adrienne are having their conversation properly again, with the Wartimes mod enabled."

You can also launch a new game with the mod deactivated, select an alternate start of your preference, go to sleep, wake up and save it. Then restart the game with pchsWartimes.esp activated, load that save. Type setstage pchswartimes 50 on console and you'll be teleported to the house with the quest starting normally, the NPC dialogues should be working as normal now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having issues with seeing dialogue after selling the treatment during the "serve my father" stage of the quest. I'm no pro with modding, but I opened it up in SSEEDIT to take a look and I think I have an idea of what the problem is.

Apparently, the "serve my father" branch is at stage 200. However, I couldn't find any dialogue that referred to that script. It's not in the scripts folder either. The uncle branches work fine and you can even move to the stages where your father enslaves you just fine.

I think the issue is that the "serve my father" scripts don't even exist in the mod, but I have absolutely no idea how to fix this or if the script even existed originally since it seems that the original author deleted the LE version.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:42 AM, mistyfatguy said:

Is there any fix? I really like the mod but it sucks it basically stops right there.

What stop specifically do you mean?

On 6/23/2020 at 6:46 PM, TheOrdinator said:

Would you be able to upload it again? I've been looking for it too, because at the current time I'd like to try the Oldrim version of this first.

I will. Actually, I've been doing some updates on the mod in the meantime.

I wanted to build in another storyline involving Soulgem Oven III and More Bandit Camps, but after this shitty Creation Kit crashed after several hours of unsaved work, I've lost my motivation. The cons are that by those changes I've added additional mod dependencies. What remained from the work are some placed objects and empty quest.

Few days ago I've started to add some dialogue to the original storyline, specifically to the route where you agree to work for the stepfather.