Wartimes - a daughter's tale (Alternate start scenario) SE

10 hours ago, GunslingerGirl93 said:

Simple slavery which uses SD+ is required if you refuse him at a certain point but I assume your point is to not refuse him so it shouldn't matter. That path is started by talking to him. It's in the "About Mother" Dialogue tree, it should be there if you scroll down. Are you saying you chose that Dialogue and it didn't work? If that's the case I have no clue, that's a question better left to the mod author or the person who converted it to SSE.

*Also, even if you started on the Slave Wife path it won't mark in the MCM until you have the baby and agree to marry him. That's why I mentioned before you're just stuck serving him if you don't have Beeing Female.

alright i got being female to work thanks for the help will it recognize being female on its own?

So came here looking to see if there is any fix because the option doesn't show up when talking to the statue of Mara (I've got both downloads the pchs one from January and the most recent one) as well as all the requirements for it. Yet Vortex says the pchswartimes is missing masters. It also seems that others who've had the same problem with it not showing up in the Mara statue dialogue have been ignored.

6 hours ago, BrightHeart97 said:

So came here looking to see if there is any fix because the option doesn't show up when talking to the statue of Mara (I've got both downloads the pchs one from January and the most recent one) as well as all the requirements for it. Yet Vortex says the pchswartimes is missing masters. It also seems that others who've had the same problem with it not showing up in the Mara statue dialogue have been ignored.

You have this version? For SE, not for LE? What masters are actually listed as missing?

Some of the requirements don't count because they haven't been properly ported over to SE yet and/or this mod hasn't been converted completely to work with SE versions of the masters. Like DSE 3 is not the proper version for this mod, you have to change the required master from the DSE 2 version from LE to DSE 3 in SSEEdit (Do not use DSE 2 in SE), but that still won't make the game use it properly for the mod, you'll just meet the requirements for the Missing Masters.

Nomkaz states at the bottom of the main page that they only port mods, they aren't a modder and won't help with editing the mod files since they belong to pchs, you have to do it yourself. You could ask directly on the original LE mod page but pchs has taken a break from modding. I can only make suggestions. 

The listed Missing Masters are the exact versions (exact names) the mod expects you to have and if you don't have them you have to create Dummy ESPs (That would be using the creation kit to create an empty ESP with the exact name you need) or change the required ESP to the SE version in SSEEdit, if the name was changed. I think the only master with this problem is DSE 3 and there are previous posts that say exactly how to change the required master in SSEEdit (though it does require some knowledge of how SSEEdit works and the command lines to allow editing).

Once you no longer get the Missing Masters message you need to deactivate Wartimes.esp, load up an entirely new game (I would not suggest loading old saves with this installed, some people have mentioned some issues with NPCs and missing dialogue, ect), get past the character creation screen and save in the prison then activate Wartimes.esp and reload the game. If the mod is working you should see Wartimes in the MCM. I've seen others mention the dialogue never showing up but you can pick a random beginning and COC to whiterun. Sometimes opening the diary doesn't work to trigger the starting quest so you have to get another from the console or use AddItemMenu.

These are all just things I saw others mention or did myself.

On 1/7/2021 at 4:50 PM, GunslingerGirl93 said:

Yes, when the PC gets pregnant he should forcegreet you in the 2nd trimester (I think) and tell you he's happy about it.

so after you become the slave wife he says he need to prepair or something so what happens next cus i cant figure it out

2 hours ago, SgtMajorMango said:

so after you become the slave wife he says he need to prepair or something so what happens next cus i cant figure it out

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Has the PC already had the baby? If it's after having the baby, I have no clue, I didn't play very long after getting that ending. If it's before having the baby, then he's most likely referring to preparing for the baby.

On 1/20/2021 at 5:34 AM, GunslingerGirl93 said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Has the PC already had the baby? If it's after having the baby, I have no clue, I didn't play very long after getting that ending. If it's before having the baby, then he's most likely referring to preparing for the baby.

i think i might be bugged then cus he says hes going to prepair but the baby was already born 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody tell me if the SE version works? Like others I am stuck at "serve" your father, after bringing back the money from Belethor. I have read that there is no more content in the SE version, others post screenshots in this thread.

I am confused like hell and frustrated and a bit angry... I spent 6 hours rebuilding my mod setup around this mod (and even installed SD+, which I normally avoid like hell) and nothing, not even the MCM. However, the quest starts fine and I get through the first 5mins...

For getting the MCM I tried the old DCL trick, with preloading game, but this did not help.

It is my old SD+ curse :D Whenever I try or play anything related to it, all things break.

1 hour ago, hexenhaus said:

Can anybody tell me if the SE version works? Like others I am stuck at "serve" your father, after bringing back the money from Belethor. I have read that there is no more content in the SE version, others post screenshots in this thread.

I am confused like hell and frustrated and a bit angry... I spent 6 hours rebuilding my mod setup around this mod (and even installed SD+, which I normally avoid like hell) and nothing, not even the MCM. However, the quest starts fine and I get through the first 5mins...

For getting the MCM I tried the old DCL trick, with preloading game, but this did not help.

It is my old SD+ curse :D Whenever I try or play anything related to it, all things break.

You have to talk to father while not wearing anything to trigger the extra dialogue. The dialogue that is supposed to tell you this is bugged and never shows up.

The mod also has a lot of issues and is obviously not finished, not a good idea to base an entire build on an unfinished mod like this.

12 minutes ago, AWHA said:

You have to talk to father while not wearing anything to trigger the extra dialogue. The dialogue that is supposed to tell you this is bugged and never shows up.

The mod also has a lot of issues and is obviously not finished, not a good idea to base an entire build on an unfinished mod like this.

thx, tried it naked but did not trigger any additional dialogue (maybe a timer?!) I do not get, how anyone can play with SD+/SL Dialogues xD - I guess lesseon learned, no more SD+ based mods.

On 2/13/2021 at 11:27 PM, Helmut290456 said:

this don´t help me, by me works Nexus Modmanager 0.72.3, have anywhere a idea?

I dislike when someone tells me to switch to MO2 (especially when it has nothing to do with the issue), but I would advise you to drop Nexus Mod Manager (which is pretty much obsolete) in favor of MO2 (Mod Organizer 2) or Vortex (1.3.22), the current Nexus mod manager.

But returning to your issues: what doesn't work?

From page 4 of this thread :

@Blinder proposed a step-by-step way to have Display Model being recognized by Wartimes. IIRC, it worked on my setup (I'm not currently using Display, Cages nor Wartimes)

- @JBpy said SD+ Cages LE worked on SE.

9 hours ago, alex61821 said:

I did the display model fix and i downloaded the sd cages and i am  using the amputater version with the files in the correct place.  the game will start fine with everything enabled until i enable the wartimes esp then i get a CTD any ideas what i should try now?

At what point do you get CTD? (during the game's start, while loading the save, while doing a specific action, launching dialogues with a character, entering/approaching some place) 

On 2/16/2021 at 8:49 AM, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

I dislike when someone tells me to switch to MO2 (especially when it has nothing to do with the issue), but I would advise you to drop Nexus Mod Manager (which is pretty much obsolete) in favor of MO2 (Mod Organizer 2) or Vortex (1.3.22), the current Nexus mod manager.

But returning to your issues: what doesn't work?

From page 4 of this thread :

@Blinder proposed a step-by-step way to have Display Model being recognized by Wartimes. IIRC, it worked on my setup (I'm not currently using Display, Cages nor Wartimes)

- @JBpy said SD+ Cages LE worked on SE.

At what point do you get CTD? (during the game's start, while loading the save, while doing a specific action, launching dialogues with a character, entering/approaching some place) 

on game load.  it ctd on a new game or saved game as soon as it starts with wartimes enabled.

On 2/10/2021 at 2:48 PM, hexenhaus said:

thx, tried it naked but did not trigger any additional dialogue (maybe a timer?!) I do not get, how anyone can play with SD+/SL Dialogues xD - I guess lesseon learned, no more SD+ based mods.

I have this problem with the current version. The previous version worked for me but after I stopped playing for a bit, updated to this version, it doesn't seem to work. I wish I had my old files to see if I could continue of those started with that version. This version, same location as you, progress stops. Also no MCM menu either so I suspect the mod isn't loading properly either through some hiccup in the conversion or a mod conflict. I updated survival, devious followers, and bikini armors as well but my sd, framework, and pretty much everything else remained the same.

Does anyone have the previous SSE version of this so I can rule a version problem?  Also for anyone who is running this version fine, are you continuing off a save from the previous version? Or a fresh start?

On 10/3/2020 at 3:43 AM, Blinder said:

Yup,and that's a bummer.
I went the extra mile though,and so far,so good.I've been playing the mod with no problems so far for about 1 hour. Fingers crossed.

What I did was:
1)Downloaded the SE Version of the Display model here.

2)Installed via Mod Manager.Then I renamed the esp dse-display-model.esp to dcc-dm2.esp

2)Opened the pchsWartimes.esp in SSEdit, Loaded ONLY the pchsWartimes.esp .
3)Found the File Header line,and searched for dcc-dm2.esp . I changed the name to dse-display-model.esp, so the mod would recognize it as its master.
4)Closed SSEdit,Renamed the esp in step 2) back to it's original.

Viola.Everything is working good so far. I hope it's a valid fix,since I haven't tested it thourougly yet...
Try it yourselves,and see if it's working.

my game keeps crashing tho so like if you have a fix for it pls share but like if not i just wannaa remind you that the game crashes when i start a new game 

2 hours ago, Xx_swaglord_xX said:

my game keeps crashing tho so like if you have a fix for it pls share but like if not i just wannaa remind you that the game crashes when i start a new game 

You can't start the game with Wartimes enabled. Disable the ESP, get past the character creator, save and then enable the ESP, it should show up in the Alternate start menu no problem. Even if it doesn't you can COCwhiterun and start it by reading the diary(though sometimes the original diary doesn't work and you have to spawn in another one).

16 hours ago, Xx_swaglord_xX said:

It sounds like you did something wrong with the renaming of the ESPs or something.

Check if you misspelled the names.

Also,this -->

14 hours ago, GunslingerGirl93 said:

You can't start the game with Wartimes enabled. Disable the ESP, get past the character creator, save and then enable the ESP, it should show up in the Alternate start menu no problem. Even if it doesn't you can COCwhiterun and start it by reading the diary(though sometimes the original diary doesn't work and you have to spawn in another one).

You will save yourself a lot of trouble if you DON'T start a new game with Wartimes enabled.