Wartimes - a daughter's tale (Alternate start scenario) SE

1 hour ago, ClockworkTower said:

Fantastic mod! do you think you could make it so you don't have to do the alternate start to start the quest, give us the ability to start the quest by visiting the dragonborn's family whilst casually playing the game?

Where you get dcc-dm2.esp mod? This mod not work until I have this mod, but i do not know what or where I get this

5 hours ago, Moacir Jr said:

Where you get dcc-dm2.esp mod? This mod not work until I have this mod, but i do not know what or where I get this

Read the previous page and you will know.

I couldn't get this to work in SSE, I just get a CTD when I start or load a game. If anyone has suggestions on how to make this work I'm all ears.

I tried with SD Cages 372 and the 'fix' for Display Model, are those the correct files?

On 10/2/2020 at 6:43 PM, Blinder said:

Yup,and that's a bummer.
I went the extra mile though,and so far,so good.I've been playing the mod with no problems so far for about 1 hour. Fingers crossed.

What I did was:
1)Downloaded the SE Version of the Display model here.

2)Installed via Mod Manager.Then I renamed the esp dse-display-model.esp to dcc-dm2.esp

2)Opened the pchsWartimes.esp in SSEdit, Loaded ONLY the pchsWartimes.esp .
3)Found the File Header line,and searched for dcc-dm2.esp . I changed the name to dse-display-model.esp, so the mod would recognize it as its master.
4)Closed SSEdit,Renamed the esp in step 2) back to it's original.

Viola.Everything is working good so far. I hope it's a valid fix,since I haven't tested it thourougly yet...
Try it yourselves,and see if it's working.

This worked for me... thank you very much...

Just started this mod, but I am having a little problem with the 'immersion.' 

I get that it is supposed to be a rape/slavery mod, but my starting experience has been very sudden.

Spoiler

I was a helpful and kind daughter all up to the father saying help me or get out. I said, "sure i'll help you (until we get enough gold for mom)."

Things seemed to be headed in the right direction. I gave him food and water, swept the house, and then did a couple tasks which were clean but hints of something dirty, but then the pacing of the mod kind of broke for me.

I returned from doing the 2nd task, and father forcegreeted me to tell me he was mad I didn't satisfy a request. This request, supposedly, was to serve him naked. I for sure never received this request, and my PC would have pushed back a little if I was given it, so this was a little immersion breaking, but ok whatever. So my needs mod tells me I need to sleep. I check father to make sure he doesn't want food or water, sweep the house again, and go to sleep for 8 hours. When I wake up, I get -2 (twice) for not feeding father, and then he rapes me. VERY out of nowhere, but ok. Then I talk to him, intending to feed him, and there is a new option to give him a massage, which he never asked me to do, and I didn't realize was one of my duties. 

I still am not even sure when he wants me to be naked. Whenever I am in the house? Only when serving food/drink? Idk.

Not seeing anything on LE or this mod page defining rules anywhere.

Again, I get it. Its supposed to be a hard mod.. but for roleplaying, my PC would have pushed back on the naked thing and would have ran away for the rape thing. On the other hand, if father had actually ASKED and gave some sort of compelling reason, things could be justified differently. Also if the PC was fully enslaved and not working for him willingly, that would be something different too.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Thanks for the mod/port. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 4:15 PM, Olivesaurusr3x said:

I am trying to do the 'fix' for the display model error, but when I go into SSEEdit to find the wartime mod, it is crossed out and I can't access it to change anything.. :( Maybe I'm missing something, though I tried to follow all the steps correctly.

I also never figured out how to do this in SSEEdit.  I ended up using Wrye Bash to just change the name of the master and it seems to be working.

In the right side of Wrye Bash there is a section "Masters:"  I had to expand it out and t hen expand out the name.  Then you can right click on a master and select "Change Too..."  Then browse to the file to change too.

Also, you can use Wrye Bash to create an dummy file instead of renaming the other mod for use in SSEedit.  Right click on the mod with a missing master and select "Create Dummy Masters..."

Update:  I did figure out how to do it using SSEEdit by reading back through this thread.  Thanks to everyone's help.

I managed to actually get much of this working by slapping together all the fixes with duck tape and spit but I'm still having some issues. I no longer CTD on Launch or Save Start and actually went through a few of the scenarios (not that I appreciated Ma's response to my efforts) but I'm curious if there are some quest paths that just aren't finished in this version or if crashing is unavoidable until the mod/port progresses further.

I CTD about .5 seconds after getting mother back in her Amputated State (taking the "I don't have the money but I want to save her anyway" path, but not selling yourself into slavery). I agree to his Skeevy suggestion and the screen goes black for a second, drags my PC back into her room and CTDs a moment after the PC's body snaps into her place. I've actually managed to pull up the console and even pause a second before this happens just to see what's going on but it will CTD the moment I close either window.

All I notice is that the console is empty, nothing seems to be happening behind the scenes but I'm not a modder so that prob means nothing since the game does CTD after the teleport. I'm just used to the console telling me something is happening when a scenario starts.

10 hours ago, wrath89dragon said:

missing master dcc-dm2.esp installed everything using vortex . what is that how do i fix

Check half way down page 4 of this forum. It's the original version of The Display Model. There is an SE version of Display Model that can be used if you rename it but I don't think it's really using the mod properly but using the LE version is not recommended at all. It seems that some of the story paths can't be completed at all with this version of the port because the mod it's self isn't really finished as well some of the dependencies aren't really available for SE.

3 hours ago, SgtMajorMango said:

Is the pregnancy portion ported? I saw on the original that being female is a soft requirment.

From what I remember this is just a port, no mod compatibility changes. If you have BeeingFemale SE, it might work.

However, BeeingFemale SE is cobbled together at best, requiring community SKSE patches and bodymorph compatibility script edits to get the mod to function.

With these patches it will work, but a lot of the AddOns (ex. RS Children Patch and BFAP) either require hex edits, only partially work, or don't work at all.

Without those addons, BeeingFemale SE becomes essentially equivalent to Fertility Mode SE.

In theory, it should be possible to port father detection and pregnancy detection to Fertility Mode (which is MUCH better for SE and is more frequently updated), but no one has done so.

On 12/16/2020 at 2:16 PM, Harllaown said:

So I have a problem when I sell myself as a slave there is the animation where 
I am attached to a chain but after that nothing happens I can no longer move 
or whatever else there is a quette which launches itself "simple slave"

I had the same problem. You'd have to ask in the Simple Slavery forum but it might something else. Wartimes' itself is incomplete in it's SE ported format so it has bugs and missing quest chains. Though, too my knowledge, selling yourself to save your mother is considered a "Quest Completion" and another mod like Simple Slavery or Sanguine's Debauchery takes over at that point. The story ends, is what I mean. the rest is just Simple Slavery failing to launch.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, SgtMajorMango said:

does anyone know what to do after you start working for father ive done alot of the tasks but its the same thing over and over again

That's kind of the nature of the mod. Much of it is RP, the main thing is getting enough money to get mother back or choosing one of the alternate options. You can talk to Father at any time to get her back. I've just been making a save, choosing the "bad" options and seeing how they play out before going back to the starting save. If you get a certain amount of Depravity and/or Submission other options are available.

Since, I'm here, I'll share some of the pics I took from my playthrough.

About the house........... I think father might be lying about where the money is going.

[This isn't even my only edit of the house, I think it's way too small for all the stuff that gets put in it/ though they're not in the pics because I hadn't downloaded ZAZ at the time/ Also, the house is backwards if you look at the interior and exterior cells. it's a nitpick but the same thing bothers me about Chillfurrow Farm.]

ScreenShot5.png

ScreenShot8.png

ScreenShot9.png

ScreenShot10.png

ScreenShot12.png

ScreenShot13.png

ScreenShot18.png

3 hours ago, GunslingerGirl93 said:

Since, I'm here, I'll share some of the pics I took from my playthrough.

About the house........... I think father might be lying about where the money is going.

[This isn't even my only edit of the house, I think it's way too small for all the stuff that gets put in it/ though they're not in the pics because I hadn't downloaded ZAZ at the time/ Also, the house is backwards if you look at the interior and exterior cells. it's a nitpick but the same thing bothers me about Chillfurrow Farm.]

ScreenShot5.png

ScreenShot8.png

ScreenShot9.png

ScreenShot10.png

ScreenShot12.png

ScreenShot13.png

ScreenShot18.png

did you get the features like slave wife and what not to work

13 minutes ago, SgtMajorMango said:

did you get the features like slave wife and what not to work

Yes, you get it by basically doing everything he wants. Ask him if you can do a task and pick the party whenever it's available, that always gets pretty high submission if you become his friends' bitch at the party. When I was going for it, it was pretty easy to get them to like 20-25 enjoyment by saying yes to sex and dancing when they ask. You get rewarded 10 favor with him for the party. I think you absolutely have to have Beeing Female for the slave wife ending because he only wants to "marry" you after having the baby. As far as I can tell once you agree to marry him that's pretty much the end of that story path. Second time around I uninstalled beeing female, because I only had it for the mod, and he's basically stuck at expecting you to have his baby. That's good or bad depending on what you're RPing and how long you can put up with him

[there's a sold into slavery ending pretty early if you back talk him, or don't do what he wants after Mother disappears. Also have you been up to Dragonsreach since she disappeared.... might find something interesting if you look around.]

I'll also say that the pictures are from my first playthrough where a lot of the features didn't work for whatever reason [Like it kept crashing when mother returned without paying the 2k.] I have a second playthrough that was much better and has most functions. Mother returns without crashing, 

Other than a fresh save, I don't really know what fixed it the second time around because I didn't really delete any intensive mods, I only added ZAZ to get furniture like the dance pole.

[I might reinstall it to see if the Slave Wife ending has changed now that more of the mod is working but I think marrying him is pretty much the end, he seemed to have no unique dialogue after that, just stuff related to Sanguine's Debauchery]

On 1/4/2021 at 2:32 AM, GunslingerGirl93 said:

Yes, you get it by basically doing everything he wants. Ask him if you can do a task and pick the party whenever it's available, that always gets pretty high submission if you become his friends' bitch at the party. When I was going for it, it was pretty easy to get them to like 20-25 enjoyment by saying yes to sex and dancing when they ask. You get rewarded 10 favor with him for the party. I think you absolutely have to have Beeing Female for the slave wife ending because he only wants to "marry" you after having the baby. As far as I can tell once you agree to marry him that's pretty much the end of that story path. Second time around I uninstalled beeing female, because I only had it for the mod, and he's basically stuck at expecting you to have his baby. That's good or bad depending on what you're RPing and how long you can put up with him

[there's a sold into slavery ending pretty early if you back talk him, or don't do what he wants after Mother disappears. Also have you been up to Dragonsreach since she disappeared.... might find something interesting if you look around.]

I'll also say that the pictures are from my first playthrough where a lot of the features didn't work for whatever reason [Like it kept crashing when mother returned without paying the 2k.] I have a second playthrough that was much better and has most functions. Mother returns without crashing, 

Other than a fresh save, I don't really know what fixed it the second time around because I didn't really delete any intensive mods, I only added ZAZ to get furniture like the dance pole.

[I might reinstall it to see if the Slave Wife ending has changed now that more of the mod is working but I think marrying him is pretty much the end, he seemed to have no unique dialogue after that, just stuff related to Sanguine's Debauchery]

So i should use being female mod. like the one on nexus?

48 minutes ago, SgtMajorMango said:

So i should use being female mod. like the one on nexus?

Beeing Female is the only pregnancy mod this mod uses so you need it for him to recognize a pregnancy but you don't need it to start the Slave Wife path, just to end it with the birth of the baby. The Slave Wife path can be started by asking for mother back without the money (and not selling yourself into slavery) or you can start it by letting the clock run out on mother's health.

On 1/5/2021 at 6:58 AM, GunslingerGirl93 said:

Beeing Female is the only pregnancy mod this mod uses so you need it for him to recognize a pregnancy but you don't need it to start the Slave Wife path, just to end it with the birth of the baby. The Slave Wife path can be started by asking for mother back without the money (and not selling yourself into slavery) or you can start it by letting the clock run out on mother's health.

i looked for the slave wife path by not having the money and looked in the mcm and the slave wife path wasnt checked. And does it use sanguins debachery or however its spelled to use the slave wife path

44 minutes ago, SgtMajorMango said:

i looked for the slave wife path by not having the money and looked in the mcm and the slave wife path wasnt checked. And does it use sanguins debachery or however its spelled to use the slave wife path

Simple slavery which uses SD+ is required if you refuse him at a certain point but I assume your point is to not refuse him so it shouldn't matter. That path is started by talking to him. It's in the "About Mother" Dialogue tree, it should be there if you scroll down. Are you saying you chose that Dialogue and it didn't work? If that's the case I have no clue, that's a question better left to the mod author or the person who converted it to SSE.

*Also, even if you started on the Slave Wife path it won't mark in the MCM until you have the baby and agree to marry him. That's why I mentioned before you're just stuck serving him if you don't have Beeing Female.